Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-14-17, 10:47 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
a MUST win for Louisville...their future depends on it
Actually our ego and pride (tradition) depends on it...
Old 09-14-17, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Louisville will need to fill holes in the schedule as they approach being indy

does marlington and alliance fill louisville into their bye week their new 7 team league will have?

I said this last week on a MCK thread hoping MCK would roll hudson cake eaters, and they did

I say this now, I hope Lville beats the snot out of the dukes. screw predictions because none of us know squat

but I am rooting for Lville to scorch these schools that would rather have a floating bye week or add a D5 school then play some competition.
Old 09-14-17, 11:39 AM
All Ohio

dig it is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Actually our ego and pride (tradition) depends on it...
I completely agree, that's why I think this game is so important to your future. Win, and you probably win the league and you have a chance of keeping that sustained confidence that has been a part of Louisville football(and most other sports) since joining the NBC....But lose and it could be the beginning of all those years of hard work and winning go down the locker room shower drain.

I'm a firm believer in winning breeds winning. It creates role models out players for the youth and middle school. It gives players faith in their coaches to the point if a coach says "run thru that wall", they will without any question. It creates a loyal fan base, even in a mediocre season, because they know it will only be for one year. Louisville's largest advantage has always been they established confidence from the very first day they entered the NBC...and they never let go.

But just like hate is a stronger emotion than love, the fear of losing can wear on the psyche much more than confidence brings satisfaction in winning. From the outside looking in, this is the first time in decades that it seems like doubt is creeping in. The NBC has always been a way for Louisville to keep that sustained confidence, but the future is unknown except for one thing, weeks 4-10 will no longer be a comfort zone.

Personally, I didn't want Louisville out(even though I cursed their depth in every sport), because it gave me great joy when we would beat them. My son has always said his greatest moment in high school was shutting out Louisville. He also took great pride in beating them 6 straight times as a varsity basketball player. But he also played for Carrollton and those victories have been far and few between when it came to Louisville. We always had to climb that confidence wall...something Louisville hasn't had to deal with since joining the league. It's not easy on players , coaches, or the community to keep that pride you speak of, if losing starts to become a way of life. Losing can be like water torture, tearing a program apart, one loss at a time, until there is no pride left. Without that pride, you will struggle to keep people interested and #s will fall and the losing will continue in a vicious cycle.

It goes against my nature to root for the Leps, but I am this week and for the rest of the year(minus 1 week), because it would be a shame if that town would lose that winning tradition, but it doesn't look good.
Old 09-14-17, 11:45 AM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig it View Post
a MUST win for Louisville...their future depends on it
If by "their" your referring to coaches....then I say yes....their future does depend on it.

Going into the last chance to play these guys...meaning Marlington and Alliance. The 2 schools I feel that are most responsible for the disbanding of the league. I sure hope the kids and coaches have a chip on their shoulder this week. I say give them something to cry about. An 0-3 Louisville team putting them through a running clock. Problem is....we don't have "attitude", we barely have a pulse on defense the last 3 weeks and history tells me we've made no significant changes or improvement. Therefore this game probably stays close...closer than it should, and everyone in the league would sure like to kick the crap out of us on our way out the door. We didn't tackle in practice this week either...it's just going to fix itself. We will go out and play catch on offense and hope our 7 on 7 skills can win.

My attitude will change when our effort changes. We used to be a hard nosed blue collar bunch that would leave other teams knowing they were just in a football game win or lose. Now we're a bunch of snowflakes that doesn't go all out in practice, for the fear somebody will get hurt. I know the rules on contact and we don't even use what they give us. We've had more guys go down the last 7 years we've done this cream puff crap than in 20 years prior. Spending 3 hours a day in the weight room doesn't make you a football player....playing football does. Right now we have have a group that looks buff in pads, that's about it.

Make me a believer again....prove me wrong....by all rights we win by 4 scores this week, our running game gets on track, and we come out hitting...let's see what they think. My guess is we're going to do what we do (his words not mine), and try to win by throwing the ball all night in hopes that will be enough.
Old 09-14-17, 05:32 PM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Louisville freshman are sure taking Marlington to the woodshed....maybe some of that mentality spills over to Friday.
Old 09-14-17, 05:53 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Have always been a believer you play like you practice. If you have seen any of our practices the last eight years you know why we don't win the big games. Hopefully our young men man up and take care of business. Go Blue!
Old 09-15-17, 11:50 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you misread the prediction. The one you posted was for Marlington/Poland. Drew Pasteur currently has Marlington by 7 with a 66% probability of winning.
I believe he updates them weekly but I could be wrong. I don't think I was on the Marlington page though I would have checked it from the Louisville page.

All good though, should be a heck of a game!
Old 09-15-17, 03:09 PM
All World

Freshman: Louisville 50, Marlington 14

Louisville Leopards at Marlington Dukes Freshman Football Video Highlights & Recap
Old 09-15-17, 05:14 PM
All World

For anyone who can't make it I will be tweeting updates live at this page as much as possible throughout the game.

Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Game Updates

I will also have video highlights after! Should be a good one! Go Leps!
Old 09-15-17, 08:57 PM
All American

FootballQueen
Congrats Leps!
Old 09-15-17, 09:50 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
If by "their" your referring to coaches....then I say yes....their future does depend on it.

Going into the last chance to play these guys...meaning Marlington and Alliance. The 2 schools I feel that are most responsible for the disbanding of the league. I sure hope the kids and coaches have a chip on their shoulder this week. I say give them something to cry about. An 0-3 Louisville team putting them through a running clock. Problem is....we don't have "attitude", we barely have a pulse on defense the last 3 weeks and history tells me we've made no significant changes or improvement. Therefore this game probably stays close...closer than it should, and everyone in the league would sure like to kick the crap out of us on our way out the door. We didn't tackle in practice this week either...it's just going to fix itself. We will go out and play catch on offense and hope our 7 on 7 skills can win.

My attitude will change when our effort changes. We used to be a hard nosed blue collar bunch that would leave other teams knowing they were just in a football game win or lose. Now we're a bunch of snowflakes that doesn't go all out in practice, for the fear somebody will get hurt. I know the rules on contact and we don't even use what they give us. We've had more guys go down the last 7 years we've done this cream puff crap than in 20 years prior. Spending 3 hours a day in the weight room doesn't make you a football player....playing football does. Right now we have have a group that looks buff in pads, that's about it.

Make me a believer again....prove me wrong....by all rights we win by 4 scores this week, our running game gets on track, and we come out hitting...let's see what they think. My guess is we're going to do what we do (his words not mine), and try to win by throwing the ball all night in hopes that will be enough.
I love your heart for the Leps! Glad Louisville won from a Minerva fan! Hope you win the league! EBC is a joke. Wish the best for you guys.
Old 09-15-17, 11:10 PM
All World

Varsity: Louisville 35, Marlington 34

Full Statistics and Longest Highlight Video Ever

Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

Full Recap being written into the night!
Old 09-16-17, 06:38 AM
All Region

BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the video as usual great stuff. Wish more people would do it. What was the reasoning behind the yellow socks and wristbands for Louisville?
Old 09-16-17, 06:53 AM
Junior Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
September is Childhood cancer awareness month. Louisville currently has a player who had a sister pass away at a very young age from cancer, and I believe another player had a younger sibling battle the disease.
Old 09-16-17, 09:01 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Great to see the Leps hang on last night and get the much needed W. Not sure if I were the Dukes I would have went for 2 with over 3 minutes left in the game but I am not faulting the call.

The O finally showed some life,,however the D is another story and giving up over 400 yards and the points they did is not something you can do often and still win.

It was very enjoyable to see the Dukes try to do whatever it takes to win..some very creative plays they came up,,

Glad to see Demarco had several 2 way players, without that I don't think we win. He better get used to this because in the future with our schedule being much tougher, he is going to have to use 2 way players like many good teams do. Using many 2 way players is what the other NBC teams have had to do for years to just stay competitive with us, but its new territory for our staff.

Lastly, and not to offend any other NBC schools, I think the fact that we beat Marlington and I see us going undefeated the rest of the way and winning the NBC with a team that is average at best overall, just further highlights how far we are above the rest when we usually have more talented teams.

I for one can't wait to play next years schedule. We have talent coming up in the ranks and alot of younger players playing this year so the future is bright. I will not miss the 30 - 0 scores at halftime with our NBC league schedule that I have seen so many times it seems over the past many years.

My only hope is that we have what I think is a change in leadership and philosophy to put our talent on the road to success with a schedule where we will not always be the favorite. Without any change, we may find ourselves on the other end of the 30-0 halftime scores that many have come to expect.

So Leps fans, enjoy the ride the rest of the way as I am betting 6 more wins are coming.. however, don't get complacent and think everything is great and we are ready for next years schedule because in my opinion changes need to be made for this program to be successful.
Old 09-16-17, 10:03 AM
All Ohio

Andy27 is on a distinguished road
I know what the stats say, but the Leps D looked a lot better last night than in weeks 1 and 3. They actually were making more good tackles.

A lot of the runs seemed to be coming on broken plays where the QB would take off and scramble.

The biggest thing last night IMO was the turnovers. 1 fumble lost, 2 easy INTs, and 2 fumbles we didn't lose. Hold onto the ball, and that's a 35-17 game.
Old 09-16-17, 10:17 AM
Varsity

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Marlington also fumbled at the 5 on first and goal. Great game between two young football teams

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-17, 02:21 PM
All Ohio

Louisville got behind early, often pinned deep on 3rd down situations, and was fortunate to make some plays before the half or else that game could have went the other way for Marlington. You can talk turnovers but Marlington answered back and played well. The main difference in this game was the Leopard rushing attack adjustments made in the 2nd half and running to the weak side of the field gave them open seams. I'm not saying this was an absolutely must win but sure feels good to have come out on top, especially the last year in the NBC, and beat a rival. Both team kept fighting, clawing, and never quit. Just an all around great football game with a playoff atmosphere ring to it. Balderson stated after the game there was no question they were going for two. I thought it was a gutsy call myself, however you are playing on the road against a 0-3 Louisville team, and have the opportunity to win the game right there. Good to see a combination rushing attack. Anyone else think #5 is the clear better option at RB? No offense or taking anything away from #26, but in my opinion the junior is the best option available at the position. Heck I would advocate utilizing split backs but you know that will never happen with a Demarco coached team. I think the coaching staff is starting to understand the dynamic value and future requirement of playing players both ways and likely a preparation for things to come (next year). Nice to see the total yards of offense over 500. Defense is what it is and I don't expect anything differently with Alliance. Johnson will get his yards. All in all, nice job Leps!

Last edited by COACH_XYZ&12345; 09-16-17 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-16-17, 02:28 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
I believe he updates them weekly but I could be wrong. I don't think I was on the Marlington page though I would have checked it from the Louisville page.

All good though, should be a heck of a game!

LN sure turned out to be a heck of a game! Great job on the highlights video! I always look forward to your recap and highlights! Nice job young man!

Last edited by COACH_XYZ&12345; 09-16-17 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-16-17, 02:58 PM
Freshman

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Varsity: Louisville 35, Marlington 34

Full Statistics and Longest Highlight Video Ever

Marlington Dukes at Louisville Leopards Football Video Highlights & Recap

Full Recap being written into the night!
From a Marlington fan I love that you do these videos and recaps..I can only hope that the adults can put egos aside and keep this game on the schedule ,because with the youth on the field last night , this game can only get better the next few years ..thanks again for these recaps!
Old 09-16-17, 05:56 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
L4L, seeing your post about leaders I watched to see who was doing what. I agree we have a couple of Jr's that not only make plays but get the boys fired up. Take a closer look beyond the ball and you may change your mind.

Last edited by hitme; 09-16-17 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-16-17, 08:15 PM
All World

Quote:
LN sure turned out to be a heck of a game! Great job on the highlights video! I always look forward to your recap and highlights! Nice job young man!
Thanks for the compliments XYZ. As for young, I may have a few grey hairs after that game though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
From a Marlington fan I love that you do these videos and recaps..I can only hope that the adults can put egos aside and keep this game on the schedule ,because with the youth on the field last night , this game can only get better the next few years ..thanks again for these recaps!
I agree, its a shame to see this rivalry die when its at its peak over the last decade. If there is an open week in the EBC schedule it'd be great to fill it in with this game if Louisville has an opening in their schedule the same week.

Anyone know how the JV game went today?