Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-07-17, 04:37 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Stark County Banter 2017

Well... I thought I would start us off for new year...

So... Who are top teams this year going to be?

I would have to think Jackson is got to be one with returning Star QB.... others...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-17, 04:40 PM
All World

And by the way... wait till my Fed League teams get to play at Benson Stadium!

Wow those kids are lucky!
Old 08-07-17, 06:33 PM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Here's the Leopards 2017 Roster, hoping for one last NBC title!

Louisville Leopards Varsity Football Roster 2017

Intersquad Scrimmage Highlights:

Louisville Leopards Intersquad Scrimmage Video Highlights and Recap
Old 08-07-17, 08:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Here's the Leopards 2017 Roster, hoping for one last NBC title!

Louisville Leopards Varsity Football Roster 2017

Intersquad Scrimmage Highlights:

Louisville Leopards Intersquad Scrimmage Video Highlights and Recap
290, 280, 270, 260 lbs... whew... you been feeding them boys....

Louisville tradition lives... nice stadium too!
Old 08-08-17, 07:45 AM
All World

Perry has had some outstanding seasons of late... but I am surprised that Panthers only return 1 OL starter this year... Perry Lines are always smash mouth and I am sure there are some head bangers just waiting for their chance.
Old 08-08-17, 11:59 AM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post

I would have to think Jackson is got to be one with returning Star QB.... others...
Glad you started this up! Ready for some football brother!
Old 08-08-17, 12:48 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
I was wondering if anyone has mentioned the health and whereabouts of Oil filter .
Old 08-08-17, 01:41 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If Jackson can fill the skill positions, watch out. Same for Perry.

But the Polar Bears remain vexed when it comes to McKinley, who is my preseason favorite until Jackson can break the curse...

2016: Jax turned the ball over five times, still had a 14-12 lead at the half. Lost 19-14.
2015: failed to get to OT after McKinley makes a goal line stand. The Bears got 4 cracks at it from the 1. Lost 34-27.
2014: lost 36-24 to a 3-7 McKinley team.
2013: jumped out to a 21-0 lead, allowed McKinley to come storming back, lost 53-45.
2012: lead 15-10 (or 15-12? something like that) at the start of the 4th quarter, then the dam broke and the wheels came off, among other awful idioms. The Bears give up 30 points in the final quarter and lose 40-15.
2011: another close one, don't recall the specifics. But Jackson loses by a TD, 22-14.

So my thoughts are, McKinley in the top tier, then Jackson/Perry in tier 2, then Central/Massillon/Hoover/GlenOak/Louisville nipping at the heels of the other three? This will likely end up being very wrong later on.
Old 08-08-17, 01:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
If Jackson can fill the skill positions, watch out. Same for Perry.

But the Polar Bears remain vexed when it comes to McKinley, who is my preseason favorite until Jackson can break the curse...

2016: Jax turned the ball over five times, still had a 14-12 lead at the half. Lost 19-14.
2015: failed to get to OT after McKinley makes a goal line stand. The Bears got 4 cracks at it from the 1. Lost 34-27.
2014: lost 36-24 to a 3-7 McKinley team.
2013: jumped out to a 21-0 lead, allowed McKinley to come storming back, lost 53-45.
2012: lead 15-10 (or 15-12? something like that) at the start of the 4th quarter, then the dam broke and the wheels came off, among other awful idioms. The Bears give up 30 points in the final quarter and lose 40-15.
2011: another close one, don't recall the specifics. But Jackson loses by a TD, 22-14.

So my thoughts are, McKinley in the top tier, then Jackson/Perry in tier 2, then Central/Massillon/Hoover/GlenOak/Louisville nipping at the heels of the other three? This will likely end up being very wrong later on.

Great Research - great points

GUYS from what I witnessed at Mck New Stadium, I don't know who is going to beat them at HOF field?..... My Gosh, those Canton Boys get an unbelievable place to play HS football - How can you not get Pumped when you know you are playing at HOF field??

Now, I just read article, and Crusaders are returning 3 starting OL from State Champ team - that means trouble for anybody playing Crusaders this year - no predictions, but we all know Experience on any HS OL is huge!

Now I don't know what Tigers and Eagles and others have coming back but I am sure they are going to be relevant... Still think Jackson is going to be team to beat in Fed with their HUGE line.
Old 08-08-17, 01:54 PM
All World

Also what a scrimmage coming up - Lake vs Louisville!

Wow that is like a super match up for a scrimmage???

What does Lake and Louisville (big line from what I read) have this year? - love both those traditions too!
Old 08-08-17, 01:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88streaks View Post
Glad you started this up! Ready for some football brother!
thanks bro - this is our time of year! - promoting Kids that are special and willing to give their Hearts on the field for their school.. Play Ball!
Old 08-08-17, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:

GUYS from what I witnessed at Mck New Stadium, I don't know who is going to beat them at HOF field?..... My Gosh, those Canton Boys get an unbelievable place to play HS football - How can you not get Pumped when you know you are playing at HOF field??

Now, I just read article, and Crusaders are returning 3 starting OL from State Champ team - that means trouble for anybody playing Crusaders this year - no predictions, but we all know Experience on any HS OL is huge!

Now I don't know what Tigers and Eagles and others have coming back but I am sure they are going to be relevant... Still think Jackson is going to be team to beat in Fed with their HUGE line.
Being unbeatable because you play in a nice stadium? Now THAT'S a good one!
Old 08-08-17, 03:56 PM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:

The Browns have a nice stadium
Old 08-08-17, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
The Browns have a nice stadium
Yeah, but they haven't had a football team in 20+ years.
Old 08-08-17, 07:22 PM
All World

Watch level of McKinley play get better... that Stadium will get more kids that want to play at the Best HS Stadium in the Country... watch

No answer for Browns except I got a new Browns winter jacket for Christmas... yes... I will wear it with Pride!... Go Browns!
Old 08-08-17, 07:57 PM
All Region

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Do you think a new stadium will matter that much? It seems like it might matter in a district with two or more high schools and the one with the better facilities would benefit.
Old 08-08-17, 08:05 PM
All World

I am not Kreskin.... but I think more kids will want to he part of Pups team in my opinion... to have opportunity to play at new Stadium... which is unbelievable for HS.... in my opinion
Old 08-08-17, 08:37 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Shadow, I don't share your opinion about their stadium. There are other factors in Canton that have led to many leaving.

The Panthers have a couple very talented sophomore linemen that probably will rival Gregorie and Carrick before they are through.
Old 08-08-17, 08:45 PM
All World

I have no doubt Panthers will have other OL ready to play... no question... those kids know how to block and tackle.

As far as Pups, my opinion is that it will jump start their program... let's see what happens?
Old 08-08-17, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perry has had some outstanding seasons of late... but I am surprised that Panthers only return 1 OL starter this year... Perry Lines are always smash mouth and I am sure there are some head bangers just waiting for their chance.
Wake will coach 'em up.
Old 08-09-17, 06:31 AM
All Ohio

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also what a scrimmage coming up - Lake vs Louisville!

Wow that is like a super match up for a scrimmage???

What does Lake and Louisville (big line from what I read) have this year? - love both those traditions too!
Louisville very young but tons of talent at the skill positions. O line is a question as is who they go to at QB. If we can get the ball to those skill kids we'll be alright.
My buddy from Lake says they'll be thin this year. (Probably sandbagging)
We'll get a taste Saturday morning
Old 08-09-17, 07:20 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
Louisville very young but tons of talent at the skill positions. O line is a question as is who they go to at QB. If we can get the ball to those skill kids we'll be alright.
My buddy from Lake says they'll be thin this year. (Probably sandbagging)
We'll get a taste Saturday morning
haha - yep every year Lake is thin just like my Crusaders... they both come to play every game!

Louisville - now if you have skill positions talent then look out - OL only needs to hold a block for like a second because the ball is out of the QB hands before you can even react up front.

Back to Panthers Butler - absolutely Wake will coach them up - Wakefield one of top coaches in Stark County History.
Old 08-09-17, 12:03 PM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Shadow, I don't share your opinion about their stadium. There are other factors in Canton that have led to many leaving.

The Panthers have a couple very talented sophomore linemen that probably will rival Gregorie and Carrick before they are through.
Great news if you are a panther fan.....bad news if you are not!
Best of luck to Perry nation this year. Thank you for the great league and county representation at the state level the past two seasons!
Old 08-09-17, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
I know it's only a scrimmage but it feels good to get the best of Lakewood St Edward.

I watched the scrimmage on the construction cam.

Boy McKinley has some very good running backs!
Old 08-09-17, 02:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
I know it's only a scrimmage but it feels good to get the best of Lakewood St Edward.

I watched the scrimmage on the construction cam.

Boy McKinley has some very good running backs!

Interesting... can you give any details of scrimmage?

HS scrimmages are a good measurement of a team potential....

So did you Running Backs rip some long runs??
Old 08-09-17, 03:24 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Interesting... can you give any details of scrimmage?

HS scrimmages are a good measurement of a team potential....

So did you Running Backs rip some long runs??
McKinley moved the ball pretty consistently on Ed's,both in the air and on the ground.McKinley gashed them for a couple big time runs that took it to the house!The bulldogs have a couple of real good RB's.There very fast quick and have great moves.McKinley also has a nice/good passing game to compliment there running game.They have a balanced attack.

McKinley's defense defended both the pass and run real well.There very fast quick and are hard hitting.They swarm to the ball!! The bulldogs have great team speed!!
Old 08-09-17, 03:28 PM
All World

bluesteel4 is on a distinguished road
Jackson takes on Mentor Friday evening at Fife stadium. Anyone have any info on Mentor this year?
Old 08-09-17, 03:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
McKinley moved the ball pretty consistently on Ed's,both in the air and on the ground.McKinley gashed them for a couple big time runs that took it to the house!The bulldogs have a couple of real good RB's.There very fast quick and have great moves.McKinley also has a nice/good passing game to compliment there running game.They have a balanced attack.

McKinley's defense defended both the pass and run real well.There very fast quick and are hard hitting.They swarm to the ball!! The bulldogs have great team speed!!
Thanks Big Dog... if they seemed that fast, they are that fast!... and that isn't playing against Swiss cheese either...

Jackson scrimmage will tell a lot also in my opinion ... many skill positions need filled for Bears... but I say drop back the QB and let it rip!... that kid is good!
Old 08-09-17, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am not Kreskin.... but I think more kids will want to he part of Pups team in my opinion... to have opportunity to play at new Stadium... which is unbelievable for HS.... in my opinion
They already played in an unbelievable stadium for high school...people act like they were playing in a field somewhere.
Old 08-09-17, 09:06 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
They already played in an unbelievable stadium for high school...people act like they were playing in a field somewhere.

Oh well I tried... so let's all agree the Stadium is a nice place to play football... moving on...