Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-17, 09:56 PM
TheRealVille#2 TheRealVille#2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Posts: 3,081
TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
EOAC Standings

Standings


7. Lisbon - 1-0 (0-0)

3. Southern - 1-0 (0-0)

5. United - 1-0 (0-0)

1. Columbiana - 0-1 (0-0)

2. Wellsville - 0-1 (0-0)

6. East Palestine - 0-1 (0-0)

4. Leetonia 0-1 (0-0)

8. Toronto - 0-1 (0-0)

Week 1
(8/24/17 - 8/25/17)

Week 1:
D6 Columbiana 3 @ D6 Western Reserve 34
D7 Wellsville 6 @ D4 Beaver Local 66
D7 Lisbon 35 @ D7 Malvern 24
D7 Bridgeport 22 @ D6 Southern 40
D7 Toronto 14 @ D7 Shadyside 48
D6 East Palestine 28 @ D4 Salem 34
D7 Lowellville 41 @ D7 Leetonia 0
D4 Minerva 14 @ D6 United 21

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Last edited by TheRealVille#2; 08-28-17 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-25-17, 09:33 PM
TheRealVille#2 TheRealVille#2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Posts: 3,081
TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
Beaver Local 66
Wellsville 6

Lowellville 41
Leetonia 0

Lisbon 35
Malvern 24

Salem 34
East Palestine 28

Southern 40
Bridgeport 22

Shadyside 48
Toronto 14

United 21
Minerva 14
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-17, 09:46 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,666
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
4-4 for the league. Just judging by week 1 I'd say EP gotta be the favorites
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-17, 10:03 PM
Ltownfootball Ltownfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Posts: 114
Ltownfootball is on a distinguished road
Lisbon has a lot to work on....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-26-17, 04:58 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,117
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
4-4 for the league. Just judging by week 1 I'd say EP gotta be the favorites
Heck of a game last night in Salem.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-17, 08:55 PM
TheRealVille#2 TheRealVille#2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Posts: 3,081
TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
East Palestine pounded, a few close games between United/Salem, Columbiana/McDonald and Lisbon/Mineral Ridge. Wellsville gets one on Edison.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-17, 08:57 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,666
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Columbiana won 38-37 in OT. Controversial to say the least call on the 2 point try calling McDonald short
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-17, 09:02 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,666
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
But then again McDonald should've never let it get to that point. Up 31-13 in the mid 3rd Q, the defense got gassed and the best player, cintron got hurt. Tough loss, but time to move on.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-17, 11:14 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
The Tigers got off to rough start with turnovers but their defense came up big in the second half. Nice win for a young team.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-01-17, 11:16 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
5?3 night. Not a bad night for the league
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-02-17, 04:38 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,117
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealVille#2 View Post
East Palestine pounded, a few close games between United/Salem, Columbiana/McDonald and Lisbon/Mineral Ridge. Wellsville gets one on Edison.
Your point of "pounded"? Don't see anyone here with Perry on the schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-02-17, 04:41 AM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,424
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Your point of "pounded"? Don't see anyone here with Perry on the schedule.
Somebody didn't get his participation ribbon.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-02-17, 04:50 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,117
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Somebody didn't get his participation ribbon.
You of all people.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-02-17, 01:47 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
Teams that play up a couple of divisions always have a chance of getting. It is the risk the school takes.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-02-17, 06:08 PM
TheRealVille#2 TheRealVille#2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Posts: 3,081
TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
no point at all, just a lopsided score. Wasn't a jab at ya bulldog lol Wellsville got pounded last week. no biggie.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-02-17, 06:14 PM
TheRealVille#2 TheRealVille#2 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Posts: 3,081
TheRealVille#2 is on a distinguished road
Standings


1. Lisbon - 2-0 (0-0)

-. Southern - 2-0 (0-0)

3. United - 1-1 (0-0)

-. Columbiana - 1-1 (0-0)

-. Toronto - 1-1 (0-0)

-. Wellsville - 1-1 (0-0)

7. East Palestine - 0-2 (0-0)

-. Leetonia 0-2 (0-0)

Week 2(9/1/17)
D6 Mineral Ridge 32 (1-0) @ D7 Lisbon (1-0) 33
D6 Bridgeport (0-1) 22 @ D7 Toronto (0-1) 60
D5 Edison (0-1) 14 @ D7 Wellsville (0-1) 26
D6 United (1-0) 9 @D4 Salem 21 (1-0)
D4 Perry (1-0) 65 @ D6 East Palestine (0-1) 12
D6 McDonald (1-0) 37 @ D6 Columbiana (0-1) 38
D7 Conotton Valley (0-1) 0 @ D6 Southern (1-0) 59
D7 Leetonia (0-1) 25 @D7 Mathews (1-0) 62
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-02-17, 07:43 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,424
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
You of all people.
For someone who likes to dish it out, you sure don't take it well.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-02-17, 11:04 PM
Thomas Paine Thomas Paine is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-13-14
Posts: 271
Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Power rankings after week 2

1. Southern local (previously 4)
I know nothing about southern. But The Indians are being accused of stealing the other teams players. This can only indicate one thing- they're king of the hill. We've seen this movie before.

2. Columbiana (3)
The clippers rebounded after losing a nail biter against western reserve by beating McDonald without their best player. The clips have the championship pedigree and as long as they continue to play teams without their star players, should rack up the wins.

3. Lisbon (2)
The blue devils are third this week after a convincing 33-32 win against a LOADED mineral ridge team. They continue to impress the pollsters by steam rolling a brutal non conference schedule. The sky is the limit for this team.

4. United local (5)
The eagles lost a close game to Salem but their week one opponent(Minerva who is 0-40 in the past 4 seasons) actually took a respectable sandy valley team to OT. They remain under the radar, but my hunch is that they will be in the hunt by seasons end.

5. East Palestine (1)
After celebrating a close loss to state powerhouse Salem, the pups represented the league quite well and competed hard before eventually losing in a heartbreaker to Perry 65-12. The pups will look to break into the win column in week 3 against a vulnerable Campbell memorial team.

6. Wellsville (7)
Wellsville rebounded after a narrow loss to juggernaut Lisbon Beaver(66-0) by winning over an outstanding Edison team. This young team continues to improve and will be a factor in the coming weeks. As the saying goes " the road to the eastern Ohio athletic conference trophy runs through wellsville" (rolls off the tongue, I know.

7. Toronto (6)
Toronto remains under the radar, and by that I mean it took two days to get their score reported and nobody has ever heard of the team they played.

8. Leetonia (8)
Leetonias brutal non league schedule continued as they lost a close one to the mustangs of Mathews. Look for the bears to get back on track in league play where they can avoid perennial powers such as lowellville and Mathews.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-03-17, 05:02 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,117
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
For someone who likes to dish it out, you sure don't take it well.
LOL, it was a joke. I never expected to win that one.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-03-17, 05:07 AM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,117
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealVille#2 View Post
no point at all, just a lopsided score. Wasn't a jab at ya bulldog lol Wellsville got pounded last week. no biggie.
I know, LOL. Just had to comment. That was one hell ova team Friday. Our moron ex AD scheduled that shellacking. They were 5 times better than any D4 in the area.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-03-17, 08:18 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
Power rankings after week 2

1. Southern local (previously 4)
I know nothing about southern. But The Indians are being accused of stealing the other teams players. This can only indicate one thing- they're king of the hill. We've seen this movie before.

2. Columbiana (3)
The clippers rebounded after losing a nail biter against western reserve by beating McDonald without their best player. The clips have the championship pedigree and as long as they continue to play teams without their star players, should rack up the wins.

3. Lisbon (2)
The blue devils are third this week after a convincing 33-32 win against a LOADED mineral ridge team. They continue to impress the pollsters by steam rolling a brutal non conference schedule. The sky is the limit for this team.

4. United local (5)
The eagles lost a close game to Salem but their week one opponent(Minerva who is 0-40 in the past 4 seasons) actually took a respectable sandy valley team to OT. They remain under the radar, but my hunch is that they will be in the hunt by seasons end.

5. East Palestine (1)
After celebrating a close loss to state powerhouse Salem, the pups represented the league quite well and competed hard before eventually losing in a heartbreaker to Perry 65-12. The pups will look to break into the win column in week 3 against a vulnerable Campbell memorial team.

6. Wellsville (7)
Wellsville rebounded after a narrow loss to juggernaut Lisbon Beaver(66-0) by winning over an outstanding Edison team. This young team continues to improve and will be a factor in the coming weeks. As the saying goes " the road to the eastern Ohio athletic conference trophy runs through wellsville" (rolls off the tongue, I know.

7. Toronto (6)
Toronto remains under the radar, and by that I mean it took two days to get their score reported and nobody has ever heard of the team they played.

8. Leetonia (8)
Leetonias brutal non league schedule continued as they lost a close one to the mustangs of Mathews. Look for the bears to get back on track in league play where they can avoid perennial powers such as lowellville and Mathews.
Interesting rankings you have here. But after looking through them I saw that Crestview was not ranked. Oops forgot they are not in a league to be ranked in. Have fun with your independent schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-17, 12:42 PM
Thomas Paine Thomas Paine is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-13-14
Posts: 271
Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFan68 View Post
Interesting rankings you have here. But after looking through them I saw that Crestview was not ranked. Oops forgot they are not in a league to be ranked in. Have fun with your independent schedule.
Very observant tiger fan. You are correct. crestview is not ranked because they are not a member of this league. Your leagues posters continue to bring up their name with the hope of resuscitating this dying thread to no avail.

Since you brought us up though, let's examine common opponents to see where they might fit in.

Crestview 41 west branch 20
West branch 36 beaver local 39
Beaver local 66 wellsville 0


calpreps also has crestview Favorited over every EOAC team except for Lisbon David Anderson. As I mentioned in my previous post, Lisbon is coming off of a convincing 33-32 victory over an outstanding mineral ridge team.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-17, 01:53 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,468
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Having seen Crestview personally last Friday, this league is lucky they're not in it this year.
They aren't intimidated by anyone.
Saw that firsthand.
They are well coached and very easily could've beaten us if not for the long run by Adams.
Very solid team.

Last edited by Struthersfan; 09-04-17 at 02:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-04-17, 02:00 PM
boomer24 boomer24 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-15-15
Posts: 512
boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
Very observant tiger fan. You are correct. crestview is not ranked because they are not a member of this league. Your leagues posters continue to bring up their name with the hope of resuscitating this dying thread to no avail.

Since you brought us up though, let's examine common opponents to see where they might fit in.

Crestview 41 west branch 20
West branch 36 beaver local 39
Beaver local 66 wellsville 0


calpreps also has crestview Favorited over every EOAC team except for Lisbon David Anderson. As I mentioned in my previous post, Lisbon is coming off of a convincing 33-32 victory over an outstanding mineral ridge team.


Thanks. Very proud of our team this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-04-17, 02:53 PM
Thomas Paine Thomas Paine is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-13-14
Posts: 271
Thomas Paine is an unknown quantity at this point
You are welcome, boomer24!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-04-17, 03:40 PM
bulldog1974 bulldog1974 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-06-07
Posts: 2,117
bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Well I see the C view Troll is spewing his usual worthless garbage.
C view beats everyone in the EOAC except D7 Lisbon. All based on Cal Prep.
Remember Cal Prep picked C view over EP and Lisbon the last two years. How'd that work out?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-04-17, 08:48 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
It is also the sight that picked McDonald to be Wellsville two years in a row and that didn't happen either. But I guess with Cal prep there is no reason to play the games!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-04-17, 10:12 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,826
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Well I see the C view Troll is spewing his usual worthless garbage.
C view beats everyone in the EOAC except D7 Lisbon. All based on Cal Prep.
Remember Cal Prep picked C view over EP and Lisbon the last two years. How'd that work out?
Crestview beats everyone in this league easily. Outsiders opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-04-17, 10:29 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
Didn't say they wouldn"t
or say they would. They don't play so Mr Paine needs to worry about who they do play.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-04-17, 10:32 PM
TigerFan68 TigerFan68 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-13-17
Posts: 53
TigerFan68 is on a distinguished road
Wellsville 1-1 versus Lowellville1-1 week 3 any thought

On paper it looks like a good match up. I think Wellsville at home will prevail.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL GMC 2017 Thread AJJ5 Football 1022 10-23-17 04:31 PM
EOAC Week 1 thoughts bulldog1974 Football 34 09-01-17 11:20 PM
EOAC Pick'Em 2017 TheRealVille#2 Football 23 08-25-17 04:05 PM
Eastern Ohio Athletic Conference (EOAC) TheRealVille#2 Football 0 08-02-17 06:06 PM
Final Standings for the Suburban League???? Yappi Girls Basketball 0 05-10-17 02:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz