Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Coventry Comets

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-07, 03:02 PM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
Coventry football is a JOKE

from the 70's till now. Why dont you guys get your crap together already.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-19-07, 10:28 PM
Buckeye29 Buckeye29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Posts: 700
Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Why you picking on Coventry greendad? Maybe your wrestling team should roll into Coventry and see if they have "their crap together".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-07, 11:33 PM
green1965champs green1965champs is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-11-07
Location: joy park
Posts: 407
green1965champs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
from the 70's till now. Why dont you guys get your crap together already.
Man you had me laughing for 5 minutes. Just as blunt as you put it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-07, 12:40 AM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye29 View Post
Why you picking on Coventry greendad? Maybe your wrestling team should roll into Coventry and see if they have "their crap together".
Wrestling shmestling, thats all good and great. thats all they know how to do. that goes all the way back to the 70's.

back then you would think a bunch of tough wrestlers could field a decent football team? no chance. ha! pathetic...

its still the same, only they get a little help from other cities now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-07, 10:27 PM
Buckeye29 Buckeye29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Posts: 700
Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
How did Green's football team do this year? Playoffs? Win their league? Maybe they will some day, if Wadsworth & Tallmadge leave. I guess it's easy to pick on a little community's team like coventry when you're Wadsworth's & Tallmadge's little b----. And by the way genius, a good wrestling team doesn't always equal a good football team. How many great football players weigh 102lbs? A lot of great wrestlers at that weight. Get my point?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-07, 08:02 PM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
Wrestling shmestling, thats all good and great. thats all they know how to do. that goes all the way back to the 70's.

back then you would think a bunch of tough wrestlers could field a decent football team? no chance. ha! pathetic...

its still the same, only they get a little help from other cities now.

I dont mean to put down wrestling, its just that we all know they have a good wrestling team and thats great, but im ready to see some real action on the football field for a change
yes coventry's football team has improved over the years, but i want to see more out of that school. look what manchester's teams do year after year after year.

thats why i say "get with it already" coventry football !!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-07, 01:47 PM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
The Title of this thread alone, tells you a little something about this person.

There could have been a more subtle way, to approach your objective. And how soon we forget, they did qualify for the State Playoffs 2 years ago. I'd say thats a start. I doubt a school like Coventry will be able to do that every single year, with Open Enrollment and communities like Green, Springfield and Barberton in such close proximity.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-16-07, 03:09 AM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish87 View Post
The Title of this thread alone, tells you a little something about this person.

There could have been a more subtle way, to approach your objective. And how soon we forget, they did qualify for the State Playoffs 2 years ago. I'd say thats a start. I doubt a school like Coventry will be able to do that every single year, with Open Enrollment and communities like Green, Springfield and Barberton in such close proximity.
the title of the post tells nothing about this person. I just got to the point, no beating around the bush.
I know all about coventry irish87, no need to fill me in bud.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-16-07, 10:07 AM
Buckeye29 Buckeye29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Posts: 700
Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
I dont mean to put down wrestling, its just that we all know they have a good wrestling team and thats great, but im ready to see some real action on the football field for a change
yes coventry's football team has improved over the years, but i want to see more out of that school. look what manchester's teams do year after year after year.

thats why i say "get with it already" coventry football !!!
Does Green even play Coventry????? Why so worried about a team you don't even play?????
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-07, 11:44 AM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
the title of the post tells nothing about this person. I just got to the point, no beating around the bush.
I know all about coventry irish87, no need to fill me in bud.
I think it tells us you are the type of person who likes to stir the pot and start trouble.
Why not title the Thread, Why has Coventry struggled in football over the years? Something to that affect. Using the analogy like "joke" is a put down and "slap in the face". JMO.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-30-07, 11:41 AM
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD MAROON&GOLDBLOOD is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Location: 435 N. FIRESTONE BLVD
Posts: 1,056
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD
Coventry Football

TRUST AND BELIEVE

that Coventry's football team should be alot better then they are. With the open enrollment kids that they get from the Kenmore area as well as my beloved Firestone Park area, they should be better. Coventry's couple best players should be at Garfield. Plus I know that they have a great class coming up through the junior high or middle school program. The need to get dedicatesd in the off season with a strong weight and conditioning program that would be a great start. Plus for all you true Coventry fans, there is a very good offense and defensive line coach son at your middle school program that you night want to talk to about coaching at your program. He coached Mike Varble at Walsh Jesuit. I cannot tell you who he is because he will be calling me later I know but he goes by the name LOOKOUTS on here.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-09-08, 12:15 AM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
theres nothing more id like to see than coventry's football team kick some serious --- for a change.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-08, 10:34 PM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
yeah whatever interceptember90. it served a purpose. I wanted to see if i could get someone from coventry's football program to respond, get mad, make excuses, or any darn thing. I know plenty about this school and its football. the football team is a little better these days, but its still in the pits, just not not as deep as before. and for your information knowitall90, i dont claim to know everything, and NEVER acted like i did, unlike yourself.

attacking me is how you defend coventry's football program? I wasnt attacking anyone personally, i was simply stirring the football programs' pot.

and, you know what? its about damn time this school gets their football team jump started.
the way i called it a joke is normally out of hand, but in this case, IMO, i thought it was called for.

Last edited by greendad; 01-27-08 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-08, 01:48 PM
Irish87 Irish87 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-29-05
Location: Akron
Posts: 3,052
Irish87
Quote:
Originally Posted by greendad View Post
yeah whatever interceptember90. it served a purpose. I wanted to see if i could get someone from coventry's football program to respond, get mad, make excuses, or any darn thing. I know plenty about this school and its football. the football team is a little better these days, but its still in the pits, just not not as deep as before. and for your information knowitall90, i dont claim to know everything, and NEVER acted like i did, unlike yourself.

attacking me is how you defend coventry's football program? I wasnt attacking anyone personally, i was simply stirring the football programs' pot.

and, you know what? its about damn time this school gets their football team jump started.
the way i called it a joke is normally out of hand, but in this case, IMO, i thought it was called for.

..yeah, and calling Coventry Football a joke, is good way to "get their football team jump started".

Give me a break.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-08, 03:15 AM
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD MAROON&GOLDBLOOD is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Location: 435 N. FIRESTONE BLVD
Posts: 1,056
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD
TRUST AND BELIEVE

I am new to the Coventry football scene because my god-children are attending there and are playing football there in the middle school scene. I have supported the Garfield Rams now since 1968 even though I did not graduate from there, so I dont know alot about Comet football as of yet. I do know that my god-child's father is a very good coach at a APS school and I would be all over him to coach at Coventry. This year coming up he is producing a top 100 player in the country by alot of publications. Plus he coached Mike Vrable when he was at Walsh Jesuit. His son is at Coventry but his heart is in the inner city school.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-17-08, 12:08 PM
bullgreen06 bullgreen06 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-01-07
Posts: 281
bullgreen06 is on a distinguished road
i dont understand this thread? Coventry isnt that bad, i could see this thread being started on a Springfield forum but not Coventry
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-18-08, 11:34 AM
SummitCounty SummitCounty is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-23-08
Posts: 130
SummitCounty is on a distinguished road
Coventry could be better I guess but I don't think they are so bad that they should be called a joke. I am guessing that this thread starter from Green has an axe to grind with someone in the Coventry football program. Coventry has produced two NFL players in James Harrison and Ron Rector. Green has not, I don't believe, produced any NFL players.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-18-08, 02:12 PM
bullgreen06 bullgreen06 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 12-01-07
Posts: 281
bullgreen06 is on a distinguished road
Andrew Wellock sighned with the panthers but i think thats all. and i agree Coventry football has produced alot of players over the years. what kind of talent is coming back this year?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-13-08, 07:05 PM
Buckeye29 Buckeye29 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-25-07
Posts: 700
Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgreen06 View Post
i dont understand this thread? Coventry isnt that bad, i could see this thread being started on a Springfield forum but not Coventry
The joke will be on you when the Spartans kick your butts this year!

Spartans 24
Green 18

FEAR THE MIGHTY SPARTANS!!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-16-08, 10:00 PM
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD MAROON&GOLDBLOOD is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Location: 435 N. FIRESTONE BLVD
Posts: 1,056
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD
Trust And Believe

I know that the Garfield coaches have recommended to numerous major colleges to take a look at Jeff Walker- wide receiver. As far as the rest of the team goes I am not sure what they have back but it cannot be that good because Akron North Vikings beat them last year.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-19-08, 12:29 AM
greendad greendad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Posts: 1,650
greendad is on a distinguished road
for the sake of kids at coventry... I'm sorry for being so negative and calling the program a joke. I would truly love to see them turn into a powerhouse yr. after year.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-20-08, 03:43 AM
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD MAROON&GOLDBLOOD is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Location: 435 N. FIRESTONE BLVD
Posts: 1,056
MAROON&GOLDBLOOD
TRUST AND BELIEVE

that I am with you on that greendad. I wish the Coventry Comets get a lot better also. I wanted to CONGRADULATIONS to Coach Hutt who has been a assistant coach at Coventry for 20 years. That is amazing. I am sure that he has made a big difference in many young men's life. Thank you for all the time and effort that you have put in Coach Hutt. I heard this from my friend LOOKOUTS.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-28-10, 07:24 PM
Greentown Kid Greentown Kid is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 02-28-10
Posts: 6
Greentown Kid is on a distinguished road
Coventry has had some good teams in the past.

What will it take to get kids out for the team and be competitive?

Bring back Mo Tipton?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-28-10, 10:36 AM
jbica001 jbica001 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-10
Location: Barberton/Portage Lakes
Posts: 1,172
jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up From Barberton...

Congrats to Coventry Comets and the Barberton Magics are their week 1 wins in 2010
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-27-11, 07:29 AM
DirtyJoeSchmitt DirtyJoeSchmitt is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 04-25-11
Posts: 81
DirtyJoeSchmitt is on a distinguished road
yup
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-18-18, 03:54 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,153
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Coventry looks like they are finally getting their acts together in football...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-18-18, 03:56 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,153
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't mind me, I'm just trying to see if this forum could be resurrected in some way...but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz