Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 11 17.74%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 11 17.74%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 5 8.06%
Madison by 1-7 21 33.87%
Madison by 8-16 10 16.13%
Madison by 17+ 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-17, 10:51 PM
Varsity

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Madison has faced a few spread offense teams this season. I suspect their opponents would match up well with most of burg's, as se ohio is traditionally the state's weakest region. should be a good game. I suspect Madison will limit burg's possessions and come out with a hard earned win.
Old 11-18-17, 10:54 PM
Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Region 20 did lose the best team in Coldwater but it's not way down. Coming from a region 19 or 17 team that's a big statement. You need to look at the last time your region winner did anything. I think Madison saw plenty of speed when they met CHCA.

Hartley will never be back in your region so until then your region winner will have to prove they can win a big game. Good luck to both teams and an injury free game. Madison by 2 td's.
So Burg will have to win state to prove anything? Beating Madison isnít winning a big game..
Old 11-18-17, 11:01 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Goeller View Post
Madison has faced a few spread offense teams this season. I suspect their opponents would match up well with most of burg's, as se ohio is traditionally the state's weakest region. should be a good game. I suspect Madison will limit burg's possessions and come out with a hard earned win.
Chca had a couple fast guys, but had slow lines.. chca didnít have any where near the speed that burg has.. Madison will be completely outmatched in this game. 19 May be traditionally the weakest region. However, this year 20 is. I watched Anna play a down coldwater team and they were no where near impressive. West Jeff had the easiest road to the final. And chca is weak.. Madison fans and players will be extremely let down Friday. Time for Cinderella to go home..
Old 11-19-17, 12:13 AM
All Ohio

bdf111rp is on a distinguished road
For the Burg fans, yes, the VV score looked lopsided but what you don’t know is it was 6-0 at half. It was easily VV most physical game of the regular season. For Madison fans, VV heard this same stuff in ‘94 when we played the Burg. Weak schedule, they have to much speed, blah blah. If your coaches underestimate Madison they will be in for a long night.
Old 11-19-17, 07:07 AM
Varsity

SAM6482 is on a distinguished road
I have seen Burg play 3 times this year, two of those were Week 12 and 13. This isn't a typical SE Ohio per some of the comments above. I expect Burg to win by 10-17. They need to take care of the ball though. Week 12 they were sloppy in first half giving CA ridiculously good field position. Week 13 in first half there were two or three balls thrown that JM almost picked.

Burg's special teams are very, very good, they are good in all aspects of the game.

I think they play in Week 15.
Old 11-19-17, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Pulling for the SWBL and Madison. The Mohawks are very physical. Wheelersburg is in for a game. Best of luck to both.
Old 11-19-17, 09:14 AM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Burg looks very impressive on film and this has the makings of a great game. Not going to get in the smack talk crap because opinions are useless but some are hilarious on here. The game will be won in the trenches and on defense I think the Mohawks have the advantage. I think Madison's d line will be in the burg backfield a lot (imperative if they are to win this game). Max, Cole, Tanner, and Levi will be the best front 4 the burg has seen all year. I think this will be a slobber-knocker. 2 very well coached teams with huge fan bases. Burg has been great for a long time and deserves all the hoopla. Madison will have to play their best game of the year to squeak this one out. Eliminate the turnovers and I think they will win in dramatic fashion 21-20 late Mohawks.
Old 11-19-17, 09:42 AM
Varsity

catfan69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
I donít think so.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that comment. You all didn't see any teams with speed. I think Franklin had a fair amount of overall speed, and we know how that turned out
Old 11-19-17, 10:09 AM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
You canít be a Madison poster. If you are, you have to be the most gullible person in the world to believe half the stuff youíve posted tonight. Go back to readin your Football for Dummies book and let the adults handle the discussion.
You're correct, I'm not a Madison poster, but I've seen them play multiple times this year, I live in the area and I know several of their coaches. I'm not sure why me thinking Madison might be faster than you think they are and their line might be better than someone said makes me gullible or stupid. I'm sorry that I think Madison is pretty good and think this has a chance at being a better game than you do.

Good luck to the Mohawks, this Middies fan will be pulling for you again this week. Hopefully you can keep your Cinderella story moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-17, 12:43 PM
Freshman

Burg1980 is on a distinguished road
In past 10 yrs has Madison been d4 team? And just dropped to d5?

Keys to game. Can dbs for Mohawks contain Burgs wrs and can burgs front 6 or 7 depending on scheme control LOS
Old 11-19-17, 12:48 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-Wheelersburg

Wheelersburg, trip to Chillicothe up next for Madison

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...UhF5xS5NjQ7NL/
Old 11-19-17, 01:26 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Wheelersburg, trip to Chillicothe up next for Madison

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...UhF5xS5NjQ7NL/
Lol awe.. do they feel shafted because itís at Chillicothe?? Gotta drive 30 more minutes.. haha southeastern Ohio has felt with it for years!!
Old 11-19-17, 04:32 PM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burggrad6 View Post
Lol awe.. do they feel shafted because itís at Chillicothe?? Gotta drive 30 more minutes.. haha southeastern Ohio has felt with it for years!!
I thought that as well. Why else would you put the mileageís in the article if not. lol. Bout time we got one close.
Old 11-19-17, 04:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Goeller View Post
That honor will be passed down to 20 for the next few years. Burg is definitely not the weakest team left. They are arguable the best team left. The closest game theyíve had was 19 points. That was after coming back from 13 down.

If Monroe takes something away, the Burg coaching staff will switch everything up. You wonít see the same team in the second half. The adjustments will take everything you had been successful at away. You may keep it close for a half. After that, all hope is lost. Best chance for Madison is to get up by 10-14 before half.

Columbus Academy took everything away that Burg hung their hat on all year. But when they came out in the second half, they run power o and CA didnít have an answer.

From film, Iíve noticed the swing passes and bubble screen are there. Burg will exploit that. Their athletes can make a guy miss. Madison will have to have flawless open field tackling.
Old 11-19-17, 04:51 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I am a little surprised they didn't try to find a location a little more "central" for both schools, but I don't think it matters much. Both teams will travel well and once you start talking about being 40 or 50 miles or more from home it's definitely neutral.

29 trips to the playoffs is impressive as well. Has wheelersburg had the same coach for an extended period of time?

Old 11-19-17, 05:12 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I am a little surprised they didn't try to find a location a little more "central" for both schools, but I don't think it matters much. Both teams will travel well and once you start talking about being 40 or 50 miles or more from home it's definitely neutral.

29 trips to the playoffs is impressive as well. Has wheelersburg had the same coach for an extended period of time?

This is coach Woodwardís 10th season as head coach for the pirates. In that time he has won 103 games.
Old 11-19-17, 05:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post

Rob Woodward is in his 10th season as Head Coach. He joined the staff under Tony Lewis back on Ď02 I believe. He has accumulated 103 wins in those 10 years as head coach. Wheelersburg hasnít lost a regular season game since week 5 of 2014. That will be put to the test next year in week 2 when they travel to Cbus to play Hartley. Last week was their 5th straight appearance in the regional final. In those they are now 2-3. The 29 appearances go back to the 80ís. With their first appearance being in 81. Aside from Ironton, Wheelersburg is one of the more stories programs out of SEO. Great tradition, great community and great people.
Old 11-19-17, 05:23 PM
All District

Fantastic 50 has Wheelersburg winning by 10 @80%
Old 11-19-17, 05:25 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burggrad6 View Post

Gonna see this a few times!! Haha
And this.
Old 11-19-17, 05:30 PM
All District

Old 11-19-17, 05:36 PM
All District

https://www.facebook.com/SkyRocketMe...9646784056572/
Old 11-19-17, 07:33 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Wheelersburg was my pick to win it all this year in div 5 I just hope for.once I'm wrong. If I'm right it's been an amazing run for the Mohawks and NOTHING to hang their heads about. Best of luck to both teams.
Old 11-19-17, 07:46 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Region 20 did lose the best team in Coldwater but it's not way down. Coming from a region 19 or 17 team that's a big statement. You need to look at the last time your region winner did anything. I think Madison saw plenty of speed when they met CHCA.

Hartley will never be back in your region so until then your region winner will have to prove they can win a big game. Good luck to both teams and an injury free game. Madison by 2 td's.
I'm not sure we'd have got out of the region if we were in 5. CHCA I think would be better than us so we might not have beat Madison. We just didn't have much talent but we did have a lot of luck. Either way, whoever wins this game will be a good story and I'll root them on in Canton.
Old 11-19-17, 08:48 PM
All Ohio

markc is on a distinguished road
Cant believe all the trash talk between two fan bases of teams that have never ever seen each other and know very little about each other. I can probably assure you that neither team thinks this is going to be a cake walk.

How about about we just be excited for two sets of kids who will remember this for the rest of their lives!
Old 11-19-17, 09:01 PM
All Ohio

Duluoz
I'm going to take a wild guess that P(irate) is in his early 20's, played for Wheelersburg, and still has his Hudl account. Grown men don't usually gloat about how great their team is. If you're that great, you don't have to tell everyone about it-people will see.
Old 11-19-17, 09:02 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
Better stop the d line (especially the nose guard) if your going to put up those numbers. Can't wait to see it. Each week I have watched the other team talking about beating Madison 30 something to 7 but yet to see it in the playoffs. I would feel a lot better about this game if Madison hadn't lost to the God awful Monroe hornets this year. But when a wing t team gets their groove they are fun to watch especially late in games.
Uh, cant believe Mad Max Evans did not make the all district team in D5. Uh, best nose guard I have seen in a long time. Uh, if you don't double team him, he will destroy your offense.
Old 11-19-17, 09:09 PM
Freshman

H.S. Football Fan is on a distinguished road
I know that it's the state semi-finals and both teams are going to bring their best, but I wonder if since Wheelersburg will be playing their third straight game at Chillicothe, if they'll feel a little more comfortable and have some advantage, at least at the beginning of the game when nerves are high. And I know there aren't too many other venues in between these schools to choose from, but some teams don't even have 3 straight home games in the regular season let alone 3 straight at the same venue in the playoffs.
Old 11-19-17, 09:14 PM
All Region

FreeFromGreen is on a distinguished road
All I'll say is that I know I was banking on all the same talking points to attack Madison as a CHCA fan. There was no way the Mohawks would be able to stop the weapons that the Eagles have. Senior QB, two slot WRs (and a RB) who were on the state 4x100 team, two 6'5" WR on the outside...and four big lineman to create some space.

I thought CHCA would roll over a Madison team that didnt look super fast or quick on film.

It was a miserable time watching the Wing-T grind the wheels. And that front 4 for Madison is going to make life really hard to run a spread. When you can get pressure without blitzing and run normal man coverage and bump at the line to throw off timing routes...it makes for a really tough night.

I know everyone and all the analytics (V2S, Fantastic50, CalPreps) have deemed Wheelersburg the favorites in D5 all year...and they may be really good. But this Madison team beat the three teams that were supposed to represent region 20. They had no gimmes.

I do not know enough about Wheelersburg to make a prediction...but I am reading the same comments from Burg fans that I had two weeks ago. It was a really crappy night to watch a great CHCA team be neutralized by a "big slow" team. Spoiler Alert: they arent.

Rooting for the Mohawks, represent SWO!
Old 11-19-17, 09:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluoz View Post
I'm going to take a wild guess that P(irate) is in his early 20's, played for Wheelersburg, and still has his Hudl account. Grown men don't usually gloat about how great their team is. If you're that great, you don't have to tell everyone about it-people will see.
Old 11-19-17, 09:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFromGreen View Post
All I'll say is that I know I was banking on all the same talking points to attack Madison as a CHCA fan. There was no way the Mohawks would be able to stop the weapons that the Eagles have. Senior QB, two slot WRs (and a RB) who were on the state 4x100 team, two 6'5" WR on the outside...and four big lineman to create some space.

I thought CHCA would roll over a Madison team that didnt look super fast or quick on film.

It was a miserable time watching the Wing-T grind the wheels. And that front 4 for Madison is going to make life really hard to run a spread. When you can get pressure without blitzing and run normal man coverage and bump at the line to throw off timing routes...it makes for a really tough night.

I know everyone and all the analytics (V2S, Fantastic50, CalPreps) have deemed Wheelersburg the favorites in D5 all year...and they may be really good. But this Madison team beat the three teams that were supposed to represent region 20. They had no gimmes.

I do not know enough about Wheelersburg to make a prediction...but I am reading the same comments from Burg fans that I had two weeks ago. It was a really crappy night to watch a great CHCA team be neutralized by a "big slow" team. Spoiler Alert: they arent.

Rooting for the Mohawks, represent SWO!
That may be true for CHCA. But I donít see it on film. They arenít aggressive on the oline. West Jeff just let them block them. Spent all their time trying to read the play. Thatís where the wing t finds its success. But if the dline penetrates it disrupts everything. Follow the pulling tackles and guards, get in the backfield. Thatís where Burg will be different than anyone else. They will be in the backfield all night. This will be the best defense Madison has seen all year. They have allowed less than 1000 yards so far this year. I think itís a little over 900 right now. Our corners are aggressive. Two of the best open field tacklers Iíve ever seen. The linebackers are monsters. They blow up isoís, leads and disrupt everything in the run game. The dbís will hit low and hard. Madison will have to throw. I could be wrong just like you. But I believe the clock is about to strike midnight on this Cinderella.