Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Wheelersburg by 17+ 11 17.74%
Wheelersburg by 8-16 11 17.74%
Wheelersburg by 1-7 5 8.06%
Madison by 1-7 21 33.87%
Madison by 8-16 10 16.13%
Madison by 17+ 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-17, 09:11 AM
All District

P(irate) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
They throw 1-4 times a game to keep you honest. For years as a wing t team we heard if they don't throw the ball they will get blown out. It's not the way it normally works if you run it right. If you guys are disciplined and in shape enough to stop the wing t you will still have to be able to move the ball on maddisons defense. I have no kids at Madison but LOVE what they are doing. I for one will be a cougar fan cheating on the Mohawks again this week.
I would say Wheelersburg fits that bill. They are very quick. If you let them play downhill they will be blowing up the LOS all night. This should be a good test for The Burg. They have the discipline and capability. They just have to execute.
Old 11-18-17, 10:45 AM
All District

edgefan60
May have more Cougar fans on Yappi cheering them on right now than their own.
Old 11-18-17, 11:44 AM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Game officially at Chillicothe per OHSAA brackets.
Old 11-18-17, 01:29 PM
Junior Varsity

Neutron Man is on a distinguished road
Looking at Madison's schedule, its VERY BAD! They beat some Big names in the playoffs, but they are teams that in the past have been very good! This season they are not the Powerhouse they were before. So, im not impressed with their wins.

Burg's schedule was supposed to be tougher but teams in the regular season didnt show up and we were not truly tested till the playoffs.

Burgs tested and just plain NASTY on Defense.
There are so many weapons on Offense, that a Defense has such are hard time shutting all of then down. Wont say it cant happen, just saying Good Luck Trying!

Wheelersburg 35
Madison 7

Maybe Worse!

Last edited by Neutron Man; 11-18-17 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-18-17, 02:14 PM
Varsity

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
Whether or not someone feels like Madison may not have beaten another school's all-time best team, the fact is that they have won these games when smart money said they wouldn't.

I like Wheelersburg in this one but, I hope Madison brings their A game and sees what happens.
Old 11-18-17, 02:49 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVTommyBoy View Post
Whether or not someone feels like Madison may not have beaten another school's all-time best team, the fact is that they have won these games when smart money said they wouldn't.

I like Wheelersburg in this one but, I hope Madison brings their A game and sees what happens.
I personally hope the A game is brought also!
I want to see a teams best against Burgs Best.
Both teans need that to help for the last Hurdle of the season. CANTON!

#GoBurg #ReachHigher
Old 11-18-17, 03:38 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron Man View Post

I personally hope the A game is brought also!
I want to see a teams best against Burgs Best.
Both teans need that to help for the last Hurdle of the season. CANTON!

#GoBurg #ReachHigher
Better stop the d line (especially the nose guard) if your going to put up those numbers. Can't wait to see it. Each week I have watched the other team talking about beating Madison 30 something to 7 but yet to see it in the playoffs. I would feel a lot better about this game if Madison hadn't lost to the God awful Monroe hornets this year. But when a wing t team gets their groove they are fun to watch especially late in games.
Old 11-18-17, 03:40 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron Man View Post
Looking at Madison's schedule, its VERY BAD! They beat some Big names in the playoffs, but they are teams that in the past have been very good! This season they are not the Powerhouse they were before. So, im not impressed with their wins.

Burg's schedule was supposed to be tougher but teams in the regular season didnt show up and we were not truly tested till the playoffs.

Burgs tested and just plain NASTY on Defense.
There are so many weapons on Offense, that a Defense has such are hard time shutting all of then down. Wont say it cant happen, just saying Good Luck Trying!

Wheelersburg 35
Madison 7

Maybe Worse!
I don't know much about wheelersburg, but I would say that score is crazy talk. Madison's front 7 is probably as good as anybody in DV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-17, 04:10 PM
Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I don't know much about wheelersburg, but I would say that score is crazy talk. Madison's front 7 is probably as good as anybody in DV.

Front 7? Madison run a 5-2? If so Burg will spread the field and make Madison play man defense. Lol I like burgs athletes in this situation!!!
Old 11-18-17, 04:13 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
Better stop the d line (especially the nose guard) if your going to put up those numbers. Can't wait to see it. Each week I have watched the other team talking about beating Madison 30 something to 7 but yet to see it in the playoffs. I would feel a lot better about this game if Madison hadn't lost to the God awful Monroe hornets this year. But when a wing t team gets their groove they are fun to watch especially late in games.
And every week I hear the other teams say that burg fans predictions are crazy. Yet they are usually correct predictions. Also after every game players of the other teams talk about how strong and fast the burg players are.. I guarantee burg will have the best defense Madison has seen. Hands down.. if the mowhawks canít pass the ball they donít stand a chance in this game.
Old 11-18-17, 05:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burggrad6 View Post
And every week I hear the other teams say that burg fans predictions are crazy. Yet they are usually correct predictions. Also after every game players of the other teams talk about how strong and fast the burg players are.. I guarantee burg will have the best defense Madison has seen. Hands down.. if the mowhawks canít pass the ball they donít stand a chance in this game.
They can pass. Just not very well. They are run dominant. That doesnít bode well for them. This Burg Defense is going to blow up most every play. Sure. They may break one here or there. But the backs arenít that fast. They wonít be able to break off a 70 yards touchdown this week. The Sherrif will have another huge game, along with NicNugget, Old School and #60 will Dahminate. Watch out for this Front 6. They are big fast and strong. Madison has had a great season. But this one is above their capabilities.

Burg Rolls 37-7
Old 11-18-17, 05:51 PM
All Ohio

Duluoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by P(irate) View Post
They can pass. Just not very well. They are run dominant. That doesnít bode well for them. This Burg Defense is going to blow up most every play. Sure. They may break one here or there. But the backs arenít that fast. They wonít be able to break off a 70 yards touchdown this week. The Sherrif will have another huge game, along with NicNugget, Old School and #60 will Dahminate. Watch out for this Front 6. They are big fast and strong. Madison has had a great season. But this one is above their capabilities.

Burg Rolls 37-7
West Jefferson and Anna were cocky also. At least CHCA had class. Madison will bring their capabilities Friday!
Old 11-18-17, 05:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluoz View Post
West Jefferson and Anna were cocky also. At least CHCA had class. Madison will bring their capabilities Friday!
There is one HUGE difference here. Wheelersburg is not any of those teams.

Oh, Iím sorry for not having class and telling you, your team is great and world beaters. They should just give the top 4 a trophy and send them home if everyone is going to be so sensitive. Classless, cocky. Whatever. Iím stating facts. Burg is a whole different beast. Region 20 was WAY down this year.
Old 11-18-17, 06:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:

Oh, I’m sorry for not having class and telling you, your team is great and world beaters. They should just give the top 4 a trophy and send them home if everyone is going to be so sensitive. Classless, cocky. Whatever. I’m stating facts. Burg is a whole different beast. Region 20 was WAY down this year.

To be fair, Burg had NEVER seen a running game/team like JM this season.

Madison im sure is a good team, just dont buy into them being great! If im wrong, ill own up to it. Burg IS the better team!
Old 11-18-17, 06:33 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Oh, Iím sorry for not having class and telling you, your team is great and world beaters. They should just give the top 4 a trophy and send them home if everyone is going to be so sensitive. Classless, cocky. Whatever. Iím stating facts. Burg is a whole different beast. Region 20 was WAY down this year.
But Madison did play Valley View which i think is a better team then the Burg. Madison will be ready they are tough and mean
Old 11-18-17, 06:38 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
But Madison did play Valley View which i think is a better team then the Burg. Madison will be ready they are tough and mean
And got smoked. Whatís your point? We heard the same things last week.
Old 11-18-17, 07:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
neutral field
[2017] Wheelersburg (OH) 28, [2017] Valley View (Germantown, OH) 27

Personally I think burg is a couple scores better than valley view...
Old 11-18-17, 07:16 PM
Varsity

Gonna see this a few times!! Haha
Old 11-18-17, 07:17 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
I’m a fan of those terrible Monroe Hornets, that game was an absolute fluke. Monroe hit 4 huge passing plays, Madison dominated the game otherwise. However I did get to see Wheelersburg play on spectrum tv earlier this year. That 6’6 we/dB is an absolute stud and will be a problem for Madison. Madison will have to be true to who they are, grind it out and shorten the game up.

Watching Madison the last few weeks they are a much better team than the won that lost to Monroe. I think Madison will need to complete a pass this week. In week 14 those 8 yard runs become 2-4 yard runs and you can get behind the chains. Wheelersburg seems to be loaded and ready for the focused on the ultimate goal. Madison is on cloud 9 right now and a loss would be the end of the world, but don’t mistake that with them not coming to play. Madison straps it up and hits people in the mouth, and it takes more than stacking the box to beat Madison because everyone does that. If Burg plays fast and aggressive on defense, Madison will exploit it.

I hope Madison wins this game but I think this is there toughest test yet. I could be wrong.
Old 11-18-17, 07:49 PM
Varsity

yungluca is on a distinguished road
Yes Madison had a not so strong regular season schedule, but I think they’ve proven themselves in the playoffs, easily. I understand Wheelersburg is a great team, I just don’t see it being possible that this is a blowout. The whole township of Madison is behind the football team and the boys couldn’t be any happier. If you don’t think this will be a fight, you’re wrong.
Old 11-18-17, 07:51 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
neutral field
[2017] Wheelersburg (OH) 28, [2017] Valley View (Germantown, OH) 27

Personally I think burg is a couple scores better than valley view...
I donít think so.
Old 11-18-17, 07:51 PM
All District

Quote:
Front 7? Madison run a 5-2? If so Burg will spread the field and make Madison play man defense. Lol I like burgs athletes in this situation!!!
Sorry, Mr Football Genius, I thought using the term front 7 would include their d line and linebackers, like most people who discuss football. So front 8 is what I meant I guess, hopefully that's better for you.

They will run a base 4-4, they won't do anything fancy. They will read their keys and make plays. It's the final four, I'm sure everybody at this point is pretty damn good, if not great. I qualified earlier that I don't know much about Wheelersburg, for all I know they are the best DV of all time. But I'll say the same thing I said the week of the CHCA game, I promise you the coaches and players from the 'burg won't be taking the Mohawks lightly and claiming a 4 or 5 touchdown victory once they watch film.

Old 11-18-17, 08:04 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Sorry, Mr Football Genius, I thought using the term front 7 would include their d line and linebackers, like most people who discuss football. So front 8 is what I meant I guess, hopefully that's better for you.

They will run a base 4-4, they won't do anything fancy. They will read their keys and make plays. It's the final four, I'm sure everybody at this point is pretty damn good, if not great. I qualified earlier that I don't know much about Wheelersburg, for all I know they are the best DV of all time. But I'll say the same thing I said the week of the CHCA game, I promise you the coaches and players from the 'burg won't be taking the Mohawks lightly and claiming a 4 or 5 touchdown victory once they watch film.

No need to be a di*k. I was simply asking a question and stating an opinion. I am not a coach or anything at burg. However, I watched the film.. not impressed. Madison does a decent job of running misdirection, but they are very slow. The line doesnít come off the ball very hard. Burg will own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Madisonís dBs seem to do a decent job but again they just donít have the speed to cover burgs wr.. only way this is a close game is if somehow Madison develops an awesome passing game and burg turns the ball over a lot.. otherwise the pirates roll into the state game.. a 4score victory for burg isnít a crazy observation.
Old 11-18-17, 08:13 PM
All District

Quote:
No need to be a di*k. I was simply asking a question and stating an opinion. I am not a coach or anything at burg. However, I watched the film.. not impressed. Madison does a decent job of running misdirection, but they are very slow. The line doesnít come off the ball very hard. Burg will own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Madisonís dBs seem to do a decent job but again they just donít have the speed to cover burgs wr.. only way this is a close game is if somehow Madison develops an awesome passing game and burg turns the ball over a lot.. otherwise the pirates roll into the state game.. a 4score victory for burg isnít a crazy observation.
Madison's biggest weakness is probably their db's. I think from the film, you have misjudged Madison's speed and their line. Though the strength of the team is their defense line and lb's in my opinion. I think the matchup between wheelersburg's oline and Madison's defensive front will be a more likely predicter of the final outcome. Again I'll admit, wheelersburg might trounce Madison, but I've listened to this same narrative for 3 weeks and so far it hasn't happened. I expect win or lose Madison will surprise some of the burg faithful

Old 11-18-17, 08:36 PM
All District

Quote:

Sorry Mr. Mathematical Genius, you in fact are correct to assume that front 7 means the linebackers and DLine. IF you run a 5 2 Defense. Before you get yourself in a tissy over him assuming that was the case, consider your misleading comments.

No Wheelersburg coach or player will take Madison lightly. Count on that. They will prepare just as theyíve done all year.

I am just making some very simple observations. That film you are talking about, thatís the whole reason why this conversation got started. Not impressed.
Old 11-18-17, 08:40 PM
All District

Quote:
Madison's biggest weakness is probably their db's. I think from the film, you have misjudged Madison's speed and their line. Though the strength of the team is their defense line and lb's in my opinion. I think the matchup between wheelersburg's oline and Madison's defensive front will be a more likely predicter of the final outcome. Again I'll admit, wheelersburg might trounce Madison, but I've listened to this same narrative for 3 weeks and so far it hasn't happened. I expect win or lose Madison will surprise some of the burg faithful

You canít be a Madison poster. If you are, you have to be the most gullible person in the world to believe half the stuff youíve posted tonight. Go back to readin your Football for Dummies book and let the adults handle the discussion.
Old 11-18-17, 10:08 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Region 20 did lose the best team in Coldwater but it's not way down. Coming from a region 19 or 17 team that's a big statement. You need to look at the last time your region winner did anything. I think Madison saw plenty of speed when they met CHCA.

Hartley will never be back in your region so until then your region winner will have to prove they can win a big game. Good luck to both teams and an injury free game. Madison by 2 td's.
Old 11-18-17, 10:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
Region 20 did lose the best team in Coldwater but it's not way down. Coming from a region 19 or 17 team that's a big statement. You need to look at the last time your region winner did anything. I think Madison saw plenty of speed when they met CHCA.

Hartley will never be back in your region so until then your region winner will have to prove they can win a big game. Good luck to both teams and an injury free game. Madison by 2 td's.
I hope to see you back on here Friday night after the game. Iíll own all my posts if need me. I hope you can do the same.
Old 11-18-17, 10:20 PM
Varsity

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope to see you back on here Friday night after the game. Iíll own all my posts if need me. I hope you can do the same.
I will and I've noticed your offense has went more to the spread in the last two years. Is that because of talent, QB or getting beat pretty bad by Coldwater in 15?
Old 11-18-17, 10:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM Panthers View Post
I will and I've noticed your offense has went more to the spread in the last two years. Is that because of talent, QB or getting beat pretty bad by Coldwater in 15?
Wheelersburg has run the spread offense for the past 13 years or so. So I donít know what youíre talking about. They can line up in jumbo packages and run the ball like we did the second half against Columbus Academy and a few years ago against Hartley. Our coaches have an arsenal. They will take what the defense gives them.

Yes this team is talented. Skill players galore. Our main target is our 6í6Ē WR. Kids a stud. We have 5 backs that carry the ball consistently and also line up outside. Any of them are a threat to take one to the house at any moment. QB has amassed 3000 yards and has accounted for 33 tds.