Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Colerain VS Pick North Poll
Colerain wins by 21ish.... Roasted Kitty 3 3.45%
Colerain Wins by 10 to 21 23 26.44%
Colerain squeeks out a win of 10 or less 27 31.03%
Tigers Squeek out a win of 10 or less 21 24.14%
Tigers Win by 10 to 21 10 11.49%
Tigers Win by 21ish.... Redemption for past beatdowns 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-17, 06:13 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
I've done some clean up in this thread. 4GX and Colerain fan...Fishing season's over. Let's keep this thread to game discussion only. You two want to go at it in another thread, be my guest...just not here.

Currently watching the replay of the Central/Northmont game...the Thunderbolts look like they are playing in slow motion vs the Tigers. Then again, they ARE playing on a muddy grass field so...

The Tigers look big...can't get over the calm nature of the So. QB for Central. Saw a post-game interview with him..very smooth.

Let's have a great week of discussion. It's a privilege to still be playing at this point. Nice to be talking "next game" and "Thanksgiving" in the same week!

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-18-17, 07:05 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
The game is being played at Evans Stadium in Springfield. It is important to note that THIS IS NOT THE STADIUM AT SPRINGFIELD HIGH SCHOOL!

1700 Clifton Avenue

Turf field, double-decker press box, entrances on both sides for visitors and home team (of which Colerain is) and lots of concessions and restrooms. Never been there but seems like a real nice place for a semi-final. I hope the locals who like High School football will come out and catch the game Friday night.

-CardinalsFan
Visitors side looks small. How many does that side hold?
Old 11-18-17, 07:11 PM
All Yappi

DOWNTOWN PANTHER is on a distinguished road
About time Colerain brings home another trophy. Colerain is tested, talented, and hungry..

GO CARDS.
Old 11-18-17, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Visitors side looks small. How many does that side hold?
No idea. Never been there.

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-18-17, 09:25 PM
All Region

Purplesage is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor&Glory View Post
turf or grass?
Didn't anyone else find this exceedingly hilarious???
Old 11-18-17, 09:38 PM
All District

I watched a few of Colerain’s games. I thought they were a triple option team with all of the chop blocking schemes (like Hilliard Davidson). However, that’s not the case. They block down hill, run the FB who is a load or pull it out and run the option. I didn’t watch a lot, but they really didn’t seem to have a passing game.
Their defensive line is very small but their two LBs are nice. DBs look athletic but didn’t see them play a legitimate passing team. They played a lot of players both ways.
They dominate their conference which seems to be a testament to how good they are but the conference seems a little weak too.
Should be a fun matchup.
Old 11-18-17, 09:38 PM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplesage View Post
guess not.
Old 11-18-17, 09:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplesage View Post
Rookies!
Old 11-18-17, 10:07 PM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Just got on here so not reading many previous posts but saw on twitter the PickCentral game ended in a brawl. It was ugly, any suspensions?
Old 11-18-17, 10:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
Just got on here so not reading many previous posts but saw on twitter the PickCentral game ended in a brawl. It was ugly, any suspensions?
It really wasnít a brawl. Pickerington North lost their cool at the end and several of their players ran across the field toward Centrals sideline. Other North players, coaches and refs restrained them. I think North had several players ejected so with 50 seconds left, the refs called the game. Nobody from Central was penalized, ejected or suspended.
Old 11-18-17, 11:07 PM
Varsity

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I watched a few of Colerainís games. I thought they were a triple option team with all of the chop blocking schemes (like Hilliard Davidson). However, thatís not the case. They block down hill, run the FB who is a load or pull it out and run the option. I didnít watch a lot, but they really didnít seem to have a passing game.
Their defensive line is very small but their two LBs are nice. DBs look athletic but didnít see them play a legitimate passing team. They played a lot of players both ways.
They dominate their conference which seems to be a testament to how good they are but the conference seems a little weak too.
Should be a fun matchup.
St X is not a legitimate passing team? Thanks for the update.
Old 11-18-17, 11:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It really wasnít a brawl. Pickerington North lost their cool at the end and several of their players ran across the field toward Centrals sideline. Other North players, coaches and refs restrained them. I think North had several players ejected so with 50 seconds left, the refs called the game. Nobody from Central was penalized, ejected or suspended.
Is there anywhere online we can see stats for Central?

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-18-17, 11:45 PM
RUN FAST, HIT HARD!

tofer23 is on a distinguished road
Finish the job for Super Bubz & Aunt Cathy!

Tofer23ís Pick:

The Mighty Colerain Cardinals 36

Pickerington Central Tigers 16
Old 11-18-17, 11:57 PM
All District

Quote:

-CardinalsFan
Nope
Old 11-18-17, 11:58 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
I didnít watch that game.
Old 11-18-17, 11:58 PM
RUN FAST, HIT HARD!

tofer23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They played a lot of players both ways.
Should be a fun matchup.
A few points to your comments.

Yes, Colerain does have a few players that play both offense and defense, however it is a situational thing. They have specific packages for different game situations. Ivan Pace is really the only player that plays extensively both ways, he is the #1 FB, and is a monster to try and drag down, and on defense he is a terror at LB.

The GMC Conference is far from weak, they consistently have 3-4 playoff teams in D1 every season. Colerain is just that good.
Old 11-18-17, 11:59 PM
All District

graceunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Forgive him. He does not know Chase Wolf. At least the post can give us a good laugh.
Old 11-19-17, 12:09 AM
All District

Like I mentioned, I only watched a couple of games. I didn’t watch the first St X game because it was 9 weeks ago and the most recent game wasn’t on line. I never meant to insinuate that Colerain didn’t play good passing teams just that I had not watched any of those games. As far as the conference goes. I watched the Mason game and they were one of the better teams in your conference and they just were not very good. Their best player is going to Indiana State. If that is 2nd best in your conference then the conference is weak. Sorry.
Old 11-19-17, 12:24 AM
All District

graceunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like I mentioned, I only watched a couple of games. I didnít watch the first St X game because it was 9 weeks ago and the most recent game wasnít on line. I never meant to insinuate that Colerain didnít play good passing teams just that I had not watched any of those games. As far as the conference goes. I watched the Mason game and they were one of the better teams in your conference and they just were not very good. Their best player is going to Indiana State. If that is 2nd best in your conference then the conference is weak. Sorry.
I do not know if the conference is weak it may or may not be. However, it is interesting how much better Colerain is than everyone else in the conference. They kick our butts this year and last year and the year before that etc. etc..
I do not know what will happen first the Bengals winning a playoff game or Colerain losing a GMC football game. We did beat them in Soccer that is football in some countries.
Old 11-19-17, 12:28 AM
All District

Colerain Fan is on a distinguished road
Sorry CardinalsFan and 4GX. I have put up the Fishing Poles for the season.

Now Colerain Fan's updated and final prediction.

The Mighty Cardinals: 35
The Pinky Tigers: 13
Old 11-19-17, 02:17 AM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colerain Fan View Post
Sorry CardinalsFan and 4GX. I have put up the Fishing Poles for the season.

Now Colerain Fan's updated and final prediction.

The Mighty Cardinals: 35
The Pinky Tigers: 13
Are these adolescent children making these predictions? I think you folks are going to be in for a rude awakening if you believe there's anything "pinky" about the Pickerington Central Tigers football team.....
Old 11-19-17, 04:07 AM
All Yappi

ColerainWinsAgain
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
Are these adolescent children making these predictions? I think you folks are going to be in for a rude awakening if you believe there's anything "pinky" about the Pickerington Central Tigers football team.....
Dude, it's just friendly banter, calm yo titays
Old 11-19-17, 04:16 AM
All Region

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by colerainwinsagain View Post
dude, it's just friendly banter, calm yo titays
😂😂😂😂😂
Old 11-19-17, 04:28 AM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
Quote:
Like I mentioned, I only watched a couple of games. I didnít watch the first St X game because it was 9 weeks ago and the most recent game wasnít on line. I never meant to insinuate that Colerain didnít play good passing teams just that I had not watched any of those games. As far as the conference goes. I watched the Mason game and they were one of the better teams in your conference and they just were not very good. Their best player is going to Indiana State. If that is 2nd best in your conference then the conference is weak. Sorry.
Weak conference argument...where have I heard this before..? Hmmmm...
Old 11-19-17, 07:18 AM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

-CardinalsFan
http://occathletics.org This Is all they have....

We are blessed in SW Ohio with quality stat and standing conference websites.
Northern, Central and SE Ohio have very poor websites and stat tracking.
Old 11-19-17, 08:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Like I mentioned, I only watched a couple of games. I didn’t watch the first St X game because it was 9 weeks ago and the most recent game wasn’t on line. I never meant to insinuate that Colerain didn’t play good passing teams just that I had not watched any of those games. As far as the conference goes. I watched the Mason game and they were one of the better teams in your conference and they just were not very good. Their best player is going to Indiana State. If that is 2nd best in your conference then the conference is weak. Sorry.
Mason has a decent program and can hang with most. Colerain has a knack for making good teams look bad.

What do you consider a passing team?
Colerain faced 7 teams with 1000+ yard passing QBs 20+ attempts per game for HS that is about right for good balanced teams.

Honestly this years D could face a team that runs 75% pass plays or 75%run plays and the results would be the same. They do a good job getting to the quarterback and covering receivers in man coverage. The D line while small gets in lanes and they have a consistant behind the line first contact on run plays with good clean up from the LB.

Should be a good game. I like the Cards in this one as long as they clean up the penalties...
They got lucky last week when they failed to snap the ball before the clock ran out a couple times and the referees let it go. If they play fast and do not do that stupid standing at the line stuff that works vs. GMC teams or when they have a decent lead but vs. GCL and other top disciplined teams tends to hurt the CARDS with false starts, illegal procedures or delay of game on offence...
On D they have to cut back the 1 or 2 personal fouls or pass interference calls they seem to get every game. The referees from here on out will be strict so DB positioning and playing smart will be critical.

Last edited by HSFB Fan; 11-19-17 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-19-17, 08:37 AM
Junior Varsity

ua_picktownfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB Fan View Post
http://occathletics.org This Is all they have....

We are blessed in SW Ohio with quality stat and standing conference websites.
Northern, Central and SE Ohio have very poor websites and stat tracking.
Pretty pathetic, isn't it?
Old 11-19-17, 08:57 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua_picktownfan View Post
Pretty pathetic, isn't it?
Not having a good website or stat tracking system is what contributes to people saying HS awards/Stats are rigged and in some areas this may be true.

In GMC play the stats are reconciled by the opposing team so yeah there could be some that get missed but, most are accurate unlike the areas of the state that have no system.
Old 11-19-17, 09:10 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
I like Colerain in this matchup, 21-17. Games from here on out will be tight with no one dominating team. One thing I noticed about the Colerain O-line is how big they are; making it extremely hard to shut down their triple option. By the way, they will pass on you from time to time to keep your defense honest.

If PC is a pass happy team, I think Colerain will defend against it just fine. They managed to play extremely well against St. X who featured a QB heading to Wisconsin next year. That kid could throw the ball hard and fast.

Good luck to both teams.
Old 11-19-17, 09:11 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I don't automatically assume that the SWO teams are better then the central Ohio D1 teams as over the last 20 years the OCC schools have more then held their own with Upper Arlington & Hilliard Davidson winning three state titles between them and OCC schools frequently give the SWO semifinal representative all they can handle.

But I do have issues with a couple of your comments which seem to reflect as much ignorance about who Colerain plays and the conference they're in as does the idea that this will be an "easy" game:

* The GMC was a bit down this year but year in and year out it's every bit as strong as the OCC, FED or GWOC (in D1). The problem is that down here in SWO you have to beat one of the 3 big Parochial Schools to advance very far in the playoffs and so far only Wayne & Colerain have done this on a regular basis. And keep in mind that just last year Sycamore, a GMC team, came closer to beating Saint X in the Regional Finals then Pick Central did in the Semi Finals with X having to rally from being down 28 - 14 midway through the 4th quarter to win on OT.

As you might imagine there haven't been a lot of games between the OCC & GMC the last couple of years due to the distances involved but the team I root for Fairfield beat Dublin Coffman 28 - 7 in 2015 and lost 31 -14 in 2016. Both teams made the playoffs each year.

* As far as not having faced great passing teams Colerain actually has twice this year in Saint X. While it's true that the GMC is a run first conference and you must build your defense to stop the run Saint X has one of the premier passing attacks in Ohio featuring an elite QB (going to Wisconsin) and three wide receivers who would start for any team in the state.

The only reason I think Colerian wins this game by 10 points isn't because I don't think PC is a very good team, they are. It's because I think this Colerain team is peaking at the right time. But it wouldn't shock me if PC pulls off the upset as OCC teams have twice previously derailed outstanding Colerain teams in the semi final games.