Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-17, 08:07 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
How did the Uranium deal benefit the USA?

stuff seems to be coming out about this DEAL with Russians, why did the Obama administration and Clinton approve this?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-17, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Hillary and Bill collected millions of dollars. If it's good for the Clinton's it's good for America.
Old 10-17-17, 08:30 PM
All District

BGFalcons82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
Hillary and Bill collected millions of dollars. If it's good for the Clinton's it's good for America.
It sure wasn't good for the Haitians when the Clinton's got millions for them. 😉
Old 10-17-17, 08:42 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons82 View Post
It sure wasn't good for the Haitians when the Clinton's got millions for them. 😉
Sure it was. The Clintons got to fly 1st class to raise money for the little savages that wouldn't know what to do with relief funds. Just the honor of helping the Clinton's get rich was enough -

Quote:
A month ago, the Washington Post did some digging on the Clinton Foundation’s operations in Haiti and found evidence that the Clintons were more interested in making money for themselves and their cronies than in helping the Haitians. They put money in fancy hotels and business parks, and Hillary’s brother mysteriously appeared as one of the principals in a gold-mine operation.
Old 10-17-17, 08:46 PM
All District

BGFalcons82 is on a distinguished road
Listening to the debacle unfolding tonight, the entire swamp needs jailed more than ever.
Old 10-17-17, 10:21 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
It's only a matter of time before some trash comes out about some Republican but what's sad is the Liberals will still stand up for Hilliary and Bill like they are model citizens. By the way I wonder how many underage sex toys Hilliary bought for Bill from Haiti?
Old 10-17-17, 10:52 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
stuff seems to be coming out about this DEAL with Russians, why did the Obama administration and Clinton approve this?
It didn't help the USA but it sure did help the Clinton Family Foundation and the speaking fees paid to Bill Clinton in Moscow.

BTW, this is the REAL Russian collusion we should have a special council looking into.
Old 10-18-17, 03:22 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
$$$$$$
Old 10-18-17, 04:27 AM
All Ohio

gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
It didn't help the USA but it sure did help the Clinton Family Foundation and the speaking fees paid to Bill Clinton in Moscow.

BTW, this is the REAL Russian collusion we should have a special council looking into.
We need to get Mueller on this...he can question himself about his involvement as the delivery boy.
Old 10-18-17, 07:30 AM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
This isn't news.

Nothing will be done.
Old 10-18-17, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
We need to get Mueller on this...he can question himself about his involvement as the delivery boy.
You're right Gneiss.

And for the record you take a lot of abuse on Yappi for your conspiracy beliefs and I would argue with you about a couple but after reading this how can any SANE person NOT be suspicious of the Deep State within our government:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/mueller...g-trumps-side/

Robert Mueller, the special counsel in the Trump-Russia investigation, was at the helm of the FBI from 2001 until 2013, so it seems likely he was culpable in keeping this investigation secret — at the very time when it would have been most pivotal for U.S. national security.

A man who may be responsible for allowing tremendous Russian corruption on U.S. soil to continue — and even intensify — during the Obama administration is now leading the investigation into potential Russian connections involving the man who ran for president against Obama's legacy. Conflict of interest, much?

This man is appointed to head up an investigation of Russian collusion! Are you kidding me. A conspiracy theorist might surmise that Mueller got the job to keep the attention focused on president Trump - the one man in the last 10 years who didn't collude with the Russians - in order to keep attention away from the Cinton's & Obama administration. But no, that's just crazy talk!

Cue the Clones with images of Jones in a tin foil hat!
Old 10-18-17, 08:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
This isn't news.

Nothing will be done.
And if ever there was proof that the media is in the tank for the left this is it. There now exists huge amounts of evidence that the collusion was between Russia and the Clintons, various democrats and the Obama administration.

I suspect that Trump has known this all along and he understands that in the fullness of time it will all come out - say by the summer of 2020?
Old 10-18-17, 08:42 PM
All World

Quote:

if the SPECIAL council doesn't have any power to lock anybody up.....I don't want to see 5 republicans and 5 democrats asking questions, that is as useless as tits on a boar......tired of that Washington little game.....

I can't believe that SOB( Fred Drucker look alike) is still in charge of the IRS.....
Old 10-18-17, 08:43 PM
All World

Quote:
And if ever there was proof that the media is in the tank for the left this is it. There now exists huge amounts of evidence that the collusion was between Russia and the Clintons, various democrats and the Obama administration.

I suspect that Trump has known this all along and he understands that in the fullness of time it will all come out - say by the summer of 2020?
I say go after the GRIFTERS right now......
Old 10-18-17, 11:05 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Comey, Meuller and Rothstein. Put 'em in a sack and shake it up. You wouldn't know which one fell out. Weasels all.
Old 10-19-17, 04:28 AM
All Ohio

If you try to call out the massive corruption they will threaten you. I would say he is lucky to still be alive.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...inton-foundati
Old 10-19-17, 09:50 AM
All American

Caleb is on a distinguished road
It's funny the democrats have been running a slow coup on Trump on this Russian thing and low and behold it's the dems that had their hands in the cookie jar all along.
Old 10-20-17, 06:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
It's funny the democrats have been running a slow coup on Trump on this Russian thing and low and behold it's the dems that had their hands in the cookie jar all along.

This is the favorite means of distraction used buy the Clintons going back to the Arkansas days...always accuse your adversary of what you are most guilty of, it is great cover. Former Clinton handlers have spoken out extensively on this tactic.

Kind of like a magic trick, everyone gets distracted by what is going on in the right hand while the left is busy doing the "magic"

With help from the media, many are now so brainwashed by the fake Russia scandal they will refuse to look at the real problem as anything more than the right trying to deflect...mission complete. Standard Saul Alinsky sociopathic behavior that is very effective.

Last edited by gneiss rocks; 10-20-17 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-20-17, 07:28 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
We are at 18 posts and not one person has even ventured a guess let alone told us how the uranium deal benefited us as a nation. I do not know and I can not even make a guess. I know that history shows that we as a country have done many dumb things and I am going to predict that time will show that the Obama administration will go down as one the the best at doing this.
Old 10-20-17, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
We are at 18 posts and not one person has even ventured a guess let alone told us how the uranium deal benefited us as a nation. I do not know and I can not even make a guess. I know that history shows that we as a country have done many dumb things and I am going to predict that time will show that the Obama administration will go down as one the the best at doing this.
I think the answer is pretty clear: it didn't. The beneficiary's seem to boil down to two groups:

* The Obama administration likely believed that this would help "reset" the relationship with Russia & Putin. My guess is that the fake plastic red button prop that said "reset" in Russian just din't cut it with Putin so they needed to provide something more tangible to the Russians. And what's more tangible then Uranium !

* The Clinton family made a fortune off dealings with the Russians especially those Russians with ties to Putin. From millions donated to their family foundation to Bill receiving an impressive $500,000 payment for a 20 minute speech in Moscow. It does beg the question of why would the Russians want Trump to beat Hillary when she had such a cozy & profitable relationship with them.
Old 10-20-17, 09:48 AM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You're right Gneiss.

And for the record you take a lot of abuse on Yappi for your conspiracy beliefs and I would argue with you about a couple but after reading this how can any SANE person NOT be suspicious of the Deep State within our government:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/mueller...g-trumps-side/

Robert Mueller, the special counsel in the Trump-Russia investigation, was at the helm of the FBI from 2001 until 2013, so it seems likely he was culpable in keeping this investigation secret — at the very time when it would have been most pivotal for U.S. national security.

A man who may be responsible for allowing tremendous Russian corruption on U.S. soil to continue — and even intensify — during the Obama administration is now leading the investigation into potential Russian connections involving the man who ran for president against Obama's legacy. Conflict of interest, much?

This man is appointed to head up an investigation of Russian collusion! Are you kidding me. A conspiracy theorist might surmise that Mueller got the job to keep the attention focused on president Trump - the one man in the last 10 years who didn't collude with the Russians - in order to keep attention away from the Cinton's & Obama administration. But no, that's just crazy talk!

Cue the Clones with images of Jones in a tin foil hat!
Mueller was appointed by Jeff Sessions' Justice Dept in order to cover up extensive illegal Russian activity in the United States by keeping the focus on the completely innocent Trump campaign? Sessions is in on the Deep State stuff too? Of course that was waaaay back when the Trump campaign had never met or talked to an Russians.
Old 10-20-17, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Mueller was appointed by Jeff Sessions' Justice Dept in order to cover up extensive illegal Russian activity in the United States by keeping the focus on the completely innocent Trump campaign? Sessions is in on the Deep State stuff too? Of course that was waaaay back when the Trump campaign had never met or talked to an Russians.
Not quite accurate. My understanding is that Sessions recused himself from the investigation based on his early support of Trump and his participation in the Trump election campaign. So the job of appointing Mueller fell to the deputy attorney general, a man by the name of Rod Rosenstein, who is a member of the deep state. IMO Sessions should NOT have recused himself, but being an honorable man he did.

Since Rosenstein appointed Mueller we've become aware of alarming evidence indicating potential conflict of interests involving both Mueller AND Rosenstein. You should read the articles I linked to, particularly the one from the Hill, to see for yourself that both men appear to be compromised.

At the present moment there still is NO credible evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians in any way. However, there is mounting evidence that Hillary Clinton & the Obama administration colluded with the Russians on a number of occasions. You don't have to be a Trump supporter to be concerned at how this whole story is playing out.
Old 10-24-17, 08:31 AM
All American

From some of the reporting, just maybe, the benefit to the USA will be the down fall of the Clinton and Obama Empires as we know them today.
Old 10-24-17, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
From some of the reporting, just maybe, the benefit to the USA will be the down fall of the Clinton and Obama Empires as we know them today.
Victor Davis Hanson lays out a nice summary of where we are today with the Russian collusion "investigation" and it ain't pretty for Mueller and the Democrats.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/23/i...investigators/

Now this is some good stuff, and true to!

Even as Mueller presses ahead and even as anti-Trump journalists have sought for a year to find any proof that Trump was a Russian patsy, the charge of “collusion” may be proved accurate after all—but it seems to have had little to do with Trump per se. Instead, Bill and Hillary Clinton, the former directly, the latter via the family foundation, may well have been empowering and profiting from Russian insiders who were eager to obtain control of 20 percent of North America’s uranium holdings.

Indeed, Russian agents caught spying in connection with the deal were swapped out—in a not very favorable trade for the United States—without much audit. Stranger still, so far the denials have not contested the facts, but only the efficacy of the Russian-Clinton deal: there was supposedly not any wrongdoing given that so far the Russians have not shipped out any uranium as if a habitually drunk driver is not culpable until he kills someone on the road.

Barack Obama was strangely in no hurry to move on the opportunistic Russian collusion charges against Donald Trump during the campaign or between his election and inauguration—and perhaps not just because he knew there was no there there. Instead, Obama wisely may have concluded that if quid pro quo election-timed concessions to Russian interests constitute a criminal or treasonous offense, then his own hot-mic offer to the Putin government was a similar transgression. But more important, it seems likely now that Obama knew that any such reopening of the Russian question would not only expose a compromised Clinton in an election cycle but also his own administration—as knowledge of politically motivated decisions to ignore what might well have indictable offenses came to light.

At this point, it would be silly to ask why there will be no more $145 million gifts from Russian interests to the Clinton Foundation (or from anyone, for that matter), or no more $500,000 fees for a single Bill Clinton speech. Whereas the Clintons are always willing to sell something that properly belongs to the government, they are no longer in any position to negotiate anything and thus by their own financial standards have zero monetary value to the sorts who in the past were eager to buy them.
Old 10-24-17, 07:31 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In 2007 Frank Giustra, a donor to the Clinton Foundation, sold UrAsia, to Uranium One, and unloaded his personal stake in it. Uranium One is a
Canadian company
In 2009, Russia’s nuclear energy agency, Rosatom, bought a 17 percent share of Uranium One. In 2010, Rosatom sought to secure enough shares to give it a 51 percent stake.
Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, or CFIUS, had to approve the deal. So did the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Utah’s nuclear regulator.

The membership of CFIUS includes the Secretary of State, attorney general and the secretaries of the Treasury (who chairs the committee), Defense, Commerce, Energy and Homeland Security, as well as the heads of the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy. All of these entities had to approve

CFIUS did approve the proposal, and in 2013, Russia assumed 100 percent ownership of Uranium One and renamed the company Uranium One Holding

What did this mean in practical terms
1 You need a license to export uranium outside the United States
2 The US gets the same amount of taxes as any other company.

Unless someone can come up with a quid pro quo, it is a much to do about nothing, just like the Russian hacking of the election - both are political BS

BTW How many people are aware that Russia sends enriched fuel from decommissioned warheads to be used in American nuclear power plants in return for raw uranium decades [about 45% of the fuel in american nuke plants]

Last edited by Termite2; 10-24-17 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-24-17, 07:57 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
In 2007 Frank Giustra, a donor to the Clinton Foundation, sold UrAsia, to Uranium One, and unloaded his personal stake in it. Uranium One is a
Canadian company
In 2009, Russia’s nuclear energy agency, Rosatom, bought a 17 percent share of Uranium One. In 2010, Rosatom sought to secure enough shares to give it a 51 percent stake.
Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, or CFIUS, had to approve the deal. So did the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Utah’s nuclear regulator.

The membership of CFIUS includes the Secretary of State, attorney general and the secretaries of the Treasury (who chairs the committee), Defense, Commerce, Energy and Homeland Security, as well as the heads of the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy. All of these entities had to approve

CFIUS did approve the proposal, and in 2013, Russia assumed 100 percent ownership of Uranium One and renamed the company Uranium One Holding

What did this mean in practical terms
1 You need a license to export uranium outside the United States
2 The US gets the same amount of taxes as any other company.

Unless someone can come up with a quid pro quo, it is a much to do about nothing, just like the Russian hacking of the election - both are political BS

BTW How many people are aware that Russia sends enriched fuel from decommissioned warheads to be used in American nuclear power plants in return for raw uranium decades [about 45% of the fuel in american nuke plants]
So the 145 million the Clinton Foundation got from the Russians, involved in this deal, had nothing to do with this deal?
Old 10-24-17, 08:10 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
So the 145 million the Clinton Foundation got from the Russians, involved in this deal, had nothing to do with this deal?

Might have influenced Clinton, but not the other parties that had to approve.
It is true that around the same time period, the Chinese were turned down by
CFIUS in their attempt to buy some US gold mines, maybe they should have contributed more money to the Clinton Foundation Bottom line, no smoking gun, you can believe what you want; there is no proof.
Old 10-24-17, 08:19 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Might have influenced Clinton, but not the other parties that had to approve.
It is true that around the same time period, the Chinese were turned down by
CFIUS in their attempt to buy some US gold mines, maybe they should have contributed more money to the Clinton Foundation Bottom line, no smoking gun, you can believe what you want; there is no proof.
Well the New York Times really doesn't agree with your assessment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...m-company.html

But please explain why we would want to allow the Russians to control our uranium? And the fact that the Chicoms were turned down, while the Russians were not says a lot.

You have to be really naive to believe that the Clinton's were not paid for their influence.

And of course the idea, or what really seems to amount to a talking point, that the yellow cake cannot leave the US has been debunked. It has left the US.
Old 10-25-17, 10:16 AM
All American

It just makes me warm inside to know if and when someone those those atomic bombs at us there will be a good chance we will be getting hit with some of our own uranium. ( at least it will not be some foreign stuff)
Old 10-25-17, 07:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Victor Davis Hanson lays out a nice summary of where we are today with the Russian collusion "investigation" and it ain't pretty for Mueller and the Democrats.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/23/i...investigators/

Now this is some good stuff, and true to!

Even as Mueller presses ahead and even as anti-Trump journalists have sought for a year to find any proof that Trump was a Russian patsy, the charge of “collusion” may be proved accurate after all—but it seems to have had little to do with Trump per se. Instead, Bill and Hillary Clinton, the former directly, the latter via the family foundation, may well have been empowering and profiting from Russian insiders who were eager to obtain control of 20 percent of North America’s uranium holdings.

Indeed, Russian agents caught spying in connection with the deal were swapped out—in a not very favorable trade for the United States—without much audit. Stranger still, so far the denials have not contested the facts, but only the efficacy of the Russian-Clinton deal: there was supposedly not any wrongdoing given that so far the Russians have not shipped out any uranium as if a habitually drunk driver is not culpable until he kills someone on the road.

Barack Obama was strangely in no hurry to move on the opportunistic Russian collusion charges against Donald Trump during the campaign or between his election and inauguration—and perhaps not just because he knew there was no there there. Instead, Obama wisely may have concluded that if quid pro quo election-timed concessions to Russian interests constitute a criminal or treasonous offense, then his own hot-mic offer to the Putin government was a similar transgression. But more important, it seems likely now that Obama knew that any such reopening of the Russian question would not only expose a compromised Clinton in an election cycle but also his own administration—as knowledge of politically motivated decisions to ignore what might well have indictable offenses came to light.

At this point, it would be silly to ask why there will be no more $145 million gifts from Russian interests to the Clinton Foundation (or from anyone, for that matter), or no more $500,000 fees for a single Bill Clinton speech. Whereas the Clintons are always willing to sell something that properly belongs to the government, they are no longer in any position to negotiate anything and thus by their own financial standards have zero monetary value to the sorts who in the past were eager to buy them.
the LAST paragraph is the key to this...the Clinton Foundation was nothing more then a money laundrying corporation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: