Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
St. Paul by 17+ 3 4.76%
St. Paul by 8-16 9 14.29%
St. Paul by 1-7 13 20.63%
Minster by 1-7 17 26.98%
Minster by 8-16 17 26.98%
Minster by 17+ 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-17, 09:07 AM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinFan View Post
I believe they won a state title with 3 or 4, means nothing now.
It means they played a difficult schedule. All 4 losses were in league play as well. Minster is an excellent team and program. Most teams around the state can't afford 4 league losses and still make the playoffs yet alone make it to the State Semis or more. Just another example of how good the MAC is year in and year out.
Old 11-19-17, 09:15 AM
Varsity

stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would think you are correct, "most" universities do not want to host a game. Do not make enough money.
The universities are all on break, and probably would have a hard time getting the people needed to work. High schools have parent organizations that are usually more willing to give of themselves for the betterment of the students(their own children) that they are trying to support.
Old 11-19-17, 09:22 AM
All Ohio

E-Town is on a distinguished road
Quote:
St. Paul 1 win in last 20 years vs. a MAC school - and it took the best class they may of ever had.

Minster by at least one score.
Oh no...another one of these my school's not in it so I root for a conference guys!
Old 11-19-17, 09:46 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Minster has more losses (4) than any team left in the tournament in any division.... Why am I not surprised?
and everyone of those loses the Cats had a great chance to win.....except the St Henry game.....
Old 11-19-17, 10:38 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
St. Paul 1 win in last 20 years vs. a MAC school - and it took the best class they may of ever had.

Minster by at least one score.
NSP had a Schwieterman at QB the year they knocked off DSJ he was an outstanding athlete. I am going with NSP in this game 20-14.
Old 11-19-17, 10:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Town View Post
Oh no...another one of these my school's not in it so I root for a conference guys!
Nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-19-17, 11:00 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Many people in the conference will have relation playing for other teams in the MAC. Makes it kind of difficult to not root for them. Personally, I have relatives in at least 5 other school districts in the MAC. My kids also have friends in at least 2 others that have been to our house.
This is not the SEC where every other school has to hang their hat on the same Alabama hook.
Old 11-19-17, 11:10 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
Many people in the conference will have relation playing for other teams in the MAC. Makes it kind of difficult to not root for them. Personally, I have relatives in at least 5 other school districts in the MAC. My kids also have friends in at least 2 others that have been to our house.
This is not the SEC where every other school has to hang their hat on the same Alabama hook.
Well said.
Old 11-19-17, 01:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Oh please...the MAC is worse than the SEC. I have a huge family with relatives all over NE Ohio and many friends and business contacts around the state. But I have one team that is special to me and I root for them. I don't keep score and call out a school for not winning more than one game in 20 yeas against a conference!!!

I don't remember St. Paul's ever playing a Redskin team yet here comes some conference honk talking about SP's record against the MAC!?!
Old 11-19-17, 02:16 PM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh please...the MAC is worse than the SEC. I have a huge family with relatives all over NE Ohio and many friends and business contacts around the state. But I have one team that is special to me and I root for them. I don't keep score and call out a school for not winning more than one game in 20 yeas against a conference!!!

I don't remember St. Paul's ever playing a Redskin team yet here comes some conference honk talking about SP's record against the MAC!?!
It is 1-4, by the way, at least in the playoffs.

Minster has never faced a team from the Firelands Conference in the playoffs, but did defeat Monroeville 19-12 in the 1998 regular season.
Old 11-19-17, 04:52 PM
Varsity

Quote:

So you are saying that if you have a niece, nephew, grand kid, or first cousin playing for a team, that you will not root for them if they are not playing your team?
That is part of what makes this area so great. The communities compete against, but also support each other. It is why there were so many people from Versailles and Coldwater went to the volleyball championships early, and watch New Bremen. It is also why there were people from New Bremen, and other schools, stay to watch the Versailles/Coldwater match.
If you can't understand that, then it is your loss.
Old 11-19-17, 05:06 PM
All World

Quote:
So you are saying that if you have a niece, nephew, grand kid, or first cousin playing for a team, that you will not root for them if they are not playing your team?
That is part of what makes this area so great. The communities compete against, but also support each other. It is why there were so many people from Versailles and Coldwater went to the volleyball championships early, and watch New Bremen. It is also why there were people from New Bremen, and other schools, stay to watch the Versailles/Coldwater match.

the boy just doesn't get it.... his loss
Old 11-19-17, 05:13 PM
Junior Varsity

NorthCentral is on a distinguished road
Minster didn’t kick any extra points in the St John game. Do they normally go for 2 points after touchdowns or was their kicker out?
Old 11-19-17, 05:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCentral View Post
Minster didnít kick any extra points in the St John game. Do they normally go for 2 points after touchdowns or was their kicker out?
missed a couple...made a two point play
Old 11-19-17, 05:25 PM
All American

Quote:
I think E-Town was upset about the post that NSP has only def. 1 MAC team in 20 years. I get that I mean NSP has only played 5 MAC teams in that time period and is 1-4.
Old 11-19-17, 05:35 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
missed a couple...made a two point play
Thank you.
Old 11-19-17, 08:03 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The butthurt is strong in this one
Old 11-19-17, 08:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yeah, my Dad used to talk about those days in our area, but I guess we just have more important things to do now ...or maybe we have evolved and the kids sports games aren't the most important thing going in town. The kids games don't define us, our communities or our relationships with our neighbors. If you don't understand why calling out a team for having a 1-4 record against a conference (a team your team has never played!!!) then I guess it is your loss.
Old 11-19-17, 08:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
The butthurt is strong in this one
Good one!

Are you from a school that SP has never played!?! Thought so....gooooo conference!!!
Old 11-19-17, 08:51 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, my Dad used to talk about those days in our area, but I guess we just have more important things to do now ...or maybe we have evolved and the kids sports games aren't the most important thing going in town. The kids games don't define us, our communities or our relationships with our neighbors. If you don't understand why calling out a team for having a 1-4 record against a conference (a team your team has never played!!!) then I guess it is your loss.
There are so many better things to do than support your local communities kids on a Friday night.... lol
Old 11-19-17, 09:08 PM
All World

Quote:
just got done watching the replay of the NSP-PG game. NSP is a very good and very well coached team, RB's run hard, and DEF line are STUDS, No 68 has a BIG time motor......Minster will have to play very well to beat them.

I'm not a big fan of looking at the PAST when seeing how good a team is....otherwise my Brownies would be getting more attention, if they compared them to the Bernie led teams....

good luck, have a good week of practice and see ya Friday...

as stated above the Cats beat Monroeville back in 98 on a SAT night and spending the night and I can remember the team going to St Pauls church on Sunday before everybody headed back, and the Priest even mentioning it during the mass and thanking the Cats for beating Monroeville......now that is a Rivalry!!!
Old 11-20-17, 02:54 AM
All American

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All comes down to what you value in life I guess. I am a fan of the MAC conference and communities because they have perpetuated excellence in a public school setting maintaining values that typically have been lost in most regions of the state. I have plenty of other things to do in life but draw some inspiration from these community schools that are about an hour north of the Cross County Conference schools where I live. If you have never heard of that conference its because their conference is a lot like most others, they lose to MAC schools regularly.
Old 11-20-17, 07:16 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
All comes down to what you value in life I guess. I am a fan of the MAC conference and communities because they have perpetuated excellence in a public school setting maintaining values that typically have been lost in most regions of the state. I have plenty of other things to do in life but draw some inspiration from these community schools that are about an hour north of the Cross County Conference schools where I live. If you have never heard of that conference its because their conference is a lot like most others, they lose to MAC schools regularly.
I agree about sources of inspiration and values...St. Paul is still very much a Catholic school, but sports, while important, has little to do with the values or excellence of the school and community.
Old 11-20-17, 07:21 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
just got done watching the replay of the NSP-PG game. NSP is a very good and very well coached team, RB's run hard, and DEF line are STUDS, No 68 has a BIG time motor......Minster will have to play very well to beat them.

I'm not a big fan of looking at the PAST when seeing how good a team is....otherwise my Brownies would be getting more attention, if they compared them to the Bernie led teams....

good luck, have a good week of practice and see ya Friday...

as stated above the Cats beat Monroeville back in 98 on a SAT night and spending the night and I can remember the team going to St Pauls church on Sunday before everybody headed back, and the Priest even mentioning it during the mass and thanking the Cats for beating Monroeville......now that is a Rivalry!!!
Yes, sadly, that rivalry is now on life support...much like OSU-UM.
Old 11-20-17, 07:49 AM
All Ohio

PGEMF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
By your logic, Elyria is out of it, so why are you rooting for a team from Norwalk, or even care about this game?
Old 11-20-17, 07:50 AM
Varsity

Quote:
I agree about sources of inspiration and values...St. Paul is still very much a Catholic school, but sports, while important, has little to do with the values or excellence of the school and community.
Personally, I think that you are wrong about this. I think that high school sports helps keep the community connected to the school. When the community feels connected with the school, it helps the school. Whether it is sports, or academics, the community will give back to the school when they have that connection.
It is at these school functions, be it football, basketball, or whatever, that people are brought together that do not see each other on a day to day basis. They may otherwise lose some sense of connection to the rest of the community, and the school.
Are there other things that one could do on a Friday or Saturday? Sure, but for many people in this area, there is nothing that we would rather do than support the kids as they compete.
Old 11-20-17, 10:13 AM
Moderated User

fridayguru is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Much agreed. Some of our MAC posters don't get that they are making themselves and the conference look like a bunch of "MAC homers" and really makes the state hate us more than respect us. If people just took the high road and stopped talking down on other teams, it would be much more appropriate. It gets annoying. I wish my fellow MAC men would see this.

Now for the game.

I too believe that the drive is kind of sad for a semi state game. However, I would venture to guess that Norwalk will let school out to get to the game in ample time.

NSP has a great offense and runs the wing T style to perfection with max protect TEs. What a great season and great players. However, Wing T will not work against a very sound Minster defense.

Minster 35-14. Minster goes on to play Cuyahoga and wins state.
Old 11-20-17, 12:03 PM
Junior Varsity

This is the most balanced NSP team in years, and I think Friday will be a great match up. They have a very good running attack most years, but this year they have a decent passing game too. Their defense has been very strong, and they have a good kicking game to round things out. I'm sure they are looking forward to playing Minster with a chance to find out how good they really are and hope to surprise some people.
Old 11-20-17, 01:28 PM
Freshman

WSAImpact is on a distinguished road
St. Paul 39-20 to set up a 1999 semifinal rematch with Danville
Old 11-20-17, 02:13 PM
All American

Voting on who wins this game is very close right now it is 18-16 favor of NSP. Stokes has never def. a Flyer football team as Minster HC.