Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-17, 02:25 AM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 47,076
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Charles Manson, Cult Leader Of Brutal 1969 Murders, Dies

Quote:
Charles Manson, the cult leader who drew lasting infamy for directing mass killings in 1969, has died at the age of 83.

Manson had been removed from prison in Corcoran, Calif., where he had been serving nine life sentences, and placed in a nearby hospital for a serious illness. It was the second time this year the mass murderer had been hospitalized.

For nearly five decades, Manson has occupied a unique position in the American cultural imagination ó a figure of dystopian fascination and horrifying malice.
Read more:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...9-murders-dies
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-20-17, 08:57 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 1,358
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
May he spend eternity hell!! I know that is not very Christian, but he never showed remorse for what he did.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-17, 11:37 AM
4cards 4cards is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-20-11
Location: The Yo!
Posts: 1,744
4cards will become famous soon enough
Adios Chuck....thanks for not living anymore, enjoy your dirtnap!

X.......everyone!

Last edited by 4cards; 11-20-17 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-17, 11:40 AM
Zunardo Zunardo is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-03-10
Posts: 1,337
Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Just think - if he'd been executed, there would have been protesters from Hollywood holding a candle-light vigil for him.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-17, 12:35 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,391
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
I can't stand we don't give victim families justice. He should have been executed the next day
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-17, 01:08 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,345
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
He should have been executed the next day
These guys, too?

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocen...reed-death-row
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-17, 01:10 PM
Username1 Username1 is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 663
Username1 is on a distinguished road
Rip
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-17, 01:25 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,391
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
What does that have to do with this? 99.999999999% of the time the evidence is overwhelming like this
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-17, 01:44 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,345
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
What does that have to do with this? 99.999999999% of the time the evidence is overwhelming like this
I'm betting the evidence was 'overwhelming' against those in my link that were exonerated as well. I'm just saying it's silly to advocate for an immediate death penalty when it's been shown that mistakes have been made.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-17, 01:57 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,391
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I'm betting the evidence was 'overwhelming' against those in my link that were exonerated as well. I'm just saying it's silly to advocate for an immediate death penalty when it's been shown that mistakes have been made.
How about 5 years for death row?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-17, 02:05 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,345
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
How about 5 years for death row?
That depends - are you okay with executing innocent people? Most of that list had been on death row for more than 5 years.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-17, 02:31 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 12,875
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Good riddance.

The worst is when all these 'journalists" would line up to interview the guy because he was such a wack job it was guaranteed ratings. Geraldo I get but why did Dianne Sawyer need to give this guy the time of day? Nothing new ever came out but sure enough folks would tune in just to see those crazy eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-20-17, 03:00 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,694
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Rip
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-20-17, 03:08 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,391
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
That depends - are you okay with executing innocent people? Most of that list had been on death row for more than 5 years.
The last was 2002. Good enough for me but Iím for the victims
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-17, 10:03 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 34,833
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
May he spend eternity hell!! I know that is not very Christian, but he never showed remorse for what he did.
Well, we may never know if he really did or not. Manson never killed anyone. If you believe in Christianity then you know that only God can create, therefore, God created Manson and all the evil that was spawn from his being. The Devil is not a creator and just a distraction from the truth.

Manson was mentally ill and delusional. He received a message from the Prophets while listening to the Beatles "White Album" that told him to attack the establishment to keep the rising up of the "Blackbird" which would start the race war. He wanted to make what he thought was the Prophets (The Beatles) vision come true.....

"Blackbird"

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

[Verse]
Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night

[Chorus]
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

"Piggies"

[Verse 1]
Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in

[Verse 2]
Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in

[Verse 3]
In their sties with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking

[Verse 4]
Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-21-17, 08:57 AM
bedevil's Avatar
bedevil bedevil is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-03-03
Location: The First Tee
Posts: 10,309
bedevil is on a distinguished road
I hope he runs into Jeffrey Dahmer when he arrives in hell and Dahmer's hungry.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-21-17, 09:23 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 11,689
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Well, we may never know if he really did or not. Manson never killed anyone. If you believe in Christianity then you know that only God can create, therefore, God created Manson and all the evil that was spawn from his being. The Devil is not a creator and just a distraction from the truth.

Manson was mentally ill and delusional. He received a message from the Prophets while listening to the Beatles "White Album" that told him to attack the establishment to keep the rising up of the "Blackbird" which would start the race war. He wanted to make what he thought was the Prophets (The Beatles) vision come true.....

"Blackbird"

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

[Verse]
Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night
Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night

[Chorus]
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

"Piggies"

[Verse 1]
Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in

[Verse 2]
Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in

[Verse 3]
In their sties with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking

[Verse 4]
Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God also gave Manson free will. He chose a path of evil.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-21-17, 09:25 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 11,689
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
And for nearly 5 decades the taxpayers had to support him.

He is the poster child for the death penalty.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz