Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 05-24-19, 03:52 AM
All World

wash.c.h.legend is on a distinguished road
Life is a learning process. I’m still learning. As a grandfather now, I have been able to gain a great deal of life experiences, I try to use this, it’s called wisdom. It only comes through time. I see a few issues here. First, I see this as a political issue. Is Jordan being singled out because he is a Republican? I say yes. Do I agree with Jordan politically, mostly no. Do I belong to a political party? No, I think for myself and require no political party to think for me. That has come with wisdom, I vote and think according to my set of beliefs and judge each person individually. Do I see him being singled out? Yes. Did he know about it? Some say yes, some say no. I accept that for what it is. Second issue I see is whether or not it is the fault of the athletes (referencing what I have read here). I too was a college wrestler and can rely on my experience. I can tell you the most vulnerable time in my life was this period of time, going from home to college and all that entails. I have put two of my kids through college and another is in her freshman year. I know that adjustment period is a concern for me. In this particular case being discussed here, we had an adult that was able to manipulate these kids and use his profession and intelligence to violate them and that I find very disturbing and brings about an anger inside of me. Blaming these kids, who are adults now and have gained their own wisdom is disturbing to me as well but without the anger. Third issue I see is what do you do with this information? If you have children or grandchildren, you may want to have meaningful discussion. This is not the first time this has happened. It is going on now. It will go on in the future.
Old 05-24-19, 07:30 AM
All Region

keato5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Clyde Wrestler View Post
really???
Yep!
Old 05-24-19, 08:48 AM
All District

Slim Pickens is on a distinguished road
I attended OSU during the time in question and am certain that the culture itself would have been guilty of calling any such accusations “homophobic”. Oh yea. The administration went out of its way to promote an aggressive pro gay agenda. Now they have this nerve like butter wouldn’t melt in their mouth. Thats why i tell you beware..... the attempted smear of Jordan IS political. You wanted to lose your job back then or get singled out by department heads then say something less than flattering about homosexuals. Dont suppose for a second that they actually care now after 30 years anyway. They only care now that their own dirt can be used to smear a grass roots challenge to their high priestly progressive machinations behind intense hypocrisy.
Old 05-24-19, 04:24 PM
Varsity

Old Clyde Wrestler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEagle View Post
Old Clyde Wrestler,

After further review of the Clyde Wrestling program and their continuous digression in the past decade, I can only conclude that you have resorted to posting accusations, backed by no hard evidence, on yappi forums due to the self-pity and shamefulness you must feel when you end each wrestling season worse off than the year prior. I would recommend spending less time on a HS Wrestling Form page making accusations for attention, and more time in the Clyde Wrestling room before it gets turned into a Football locker room for good.
My opinion of Jim Jordan and his "trump lying" has nothing to do with the Clyde wrestling program which I was a member of well over 50 years ago. Also where I spend my time is really none of your business.
Old 05-24-19, 04:28 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEagle View Post
You starting this thread is doing a dis-service to the Clyde Wrestling Program and the kids who wrestle there. If this is your personal opinion then do not associate your username with Clyde Wrestling, as now you will put this negative stigma on all the kids who have no clue how immature of an act this is screaming to everyone on here. I would suggest changing your username so you no longer hurt a program and group of hard working kids. If you want to claim these accusations then don't hide behind the Clyde Wrestling Program while doing so. Create an account with your real name so no one will lump Clyde Wrestling in with "Ignorant and Immature Stigma's".

The day I take your opinion will never happen. I haven't been around Clyde wrestling in almost 55 years mister phantom eagle. My opinions are mine and mine alone.
Old 05-24-19, 04:34 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post
Lol

You think Jim Jordan is a liar because you hate him. I mean, it's not like you can quote a lie he's told or anything.

Shove your circumstantial and sanctimonious accusations.

A jordan fan.Good for you. So in your opinion the wrestlers lied?
Old 05-25-19, 07:29 PM
All American

elliotlewis is on a distinguished road
I comeback to check on the wrestling hood and it turned into the Alex Jones meets The View.....WTF!!!
Old 05-26-19, 09:35 AM
All American

Dionysus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens View Post
I attended OSU during the time in question and am certain that the culture itself would have been guilty of calling any such accusations “homophobic”. Oh yea. The administration went out of its way to promote an aggressive pro gay agenda. Now they have this nerve like butter wouldn’t melt in their mouth. Thats why i tell you beware..... the attempted smear of Jordan IS political. You wanted to lose your job back then or get singled out by department heads then say something less than flattering about homosexuals. Dont suppose for a second that they actually care now after 30 years anyway. They only care now that their own dirt can be used to smear a grass roots challenge to their high priestly progressive machinations behind intense hypocrisy.
Don't forget about MONEY! People are looking for a payday for sure.
Old 05-26-19, 01:59 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotlewis View Post
I comeback to check on the wrestling hood and it turned into the Alex Jones meets The View.....WTF!!!

Old 05-26-19, 03:52 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post

Tell that to those abused.
Old 05-27-19, 07:33 AM
Varsity

half full is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Tell that to those abused.
Listen up snowflake.

People can see right through your crappy, feigned attempt at sympathy.

You’re an idiot, accept that you lost and be prepared to lose again.

You don’t give a damn about kids.
Old 05-27-19, 04:02 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by half full View Post
Listen up snowflake.

People can see right through your crappy, feigned attempt at sympathy.

You’re an idiot, accept that you lost and be prepared to lose again.

You don’t give a damn about kids.

...and you dumbo care only about not soiling jordan's name.

Half full of we know what.
Old 05-27-19, 04:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Huckleberry is on a distinguished road
How is this thread going on still (again)? Let’s talk wrestling.
Old 05-27-19, 06:35 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
How is this thread going on still (again)? Let’s talk wrestling.
Agree 100%
Another thread dealt with this same issue months ago.
Old 05-27-19, 07:51 PM
All American

Gardens35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post

MOM, Dad's beating his horse again!
Old 05-31-19, 04:56 PM
Varsity

Thirty-seven former Ohio State athletes have filed a lawsuit against the university involving Dr. Richard Strauss, the school's team doctor from 1978 to 1998.

According to the lawsuit, which was filed this week in U.S. District Court in Columbus, "OSU had actual notice of and was deliberately indifferent to the fact that Richard Strauss, M.D., an OSU employee, tenured faculty member, and the Associate Director of OSU's sports medicine program, sexually assaulted and abused hundreds of male OSU student-athletes and other male OSU undergraduates for over nineteen years. Moreover, OSU officials aided, abetted, and actively concealed Strauss' sexual predation on OSU's students."

Nearly all the names inside the new lawsuit are listed as John Does. Former wrestler Michael DiSabato was the only named plaintiff, according to WBNS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Columbus.

A majority of the participants in this latest lawsuit -- approximately two dozen -- were former Ohio State football players. The remaining former student-athletes were Buckeye wrestlers, swimmers, gymnasts and volleyball players.

One wrestler -- identified as John Doe No. 6 -- was a member of the Buckeye wrestling squad from 1978-1981. The former Buckeye wrestler states in the lawsuit that he was sexually assaulted by Strauss more than 20 times. He was told by Strauss to drop his pants whenever he visited the doctor, no matter the injury, including when being treated for eye and finger injuries.

Sexual assault under the guise of a legitimate medical exam was not the only issue relating to Strauss in his time at Ohio State. There have been reports of inappropriate behavior involving Strauss and others at Larkins Hall, the on-campus home to a number of sports programs, including wrestling, when Strauss was team doctor.

John Doe No. 19, an Ohio State wrestler for just one season (1983-1984), is quoted in the lawsuit claiming he was "regularly propositioned in the showers of Larkins Hall by voyeurs and found notes in his locker room asking him to meet up for sex." When he complained to an assistant coach (not named in the lawsuit) about the constant sexual harassment in Larkins Hall, he was told to "grow up" and that he was "not in high school anymore." (The lawsuit states this wrestler gave up the sport after leaving Ohio State.)

The lawsuit also reported on the ongoing efforts by former head wrestling coach Russ Hellickson who "repeatedly complained to OSU administrators about the environment in Larkins Hall because the conditions seriously impacted the psyche and morale of his wrestlers."

In addition, the lawsuit alleges that Strauss watched wrestling practices, was the first one in the shower once practice ended and stayed in the shower area until the last wrestler finished.

For these reasons, coach Hellickson reportedly requested "a separate team shower area." According to the lawsuit, "OSU denied the request."

The lawsuit also claimed that Hellickson, "begged to have the wrestling team moved to another building.

The lawsuit stated, "OSU denied his request."

(Note: The Ohio State wrestling program was eventually relocated to the Steelwood Athletic Training Center a couple miles west of campus in 2002, and, just last week, moved into the brand-new Jennings Family Wrestling Facility at Covelli Center on campus. Larkins Hall was demolished in 2005.) http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/21939

Two weeks ago, a 232-page investigative report was released, stating that 177 individuals had come forward to say that they had been assaulted by Strauss in the two decades he was on staff at Ohio State.
Old 06-03-19, 05:10 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
What's the matter afraid of the truth?
"The Truth", if you are really interested in it, is that the HC a the time, Russ Helickson, reported it to the administration. This has been well established and is beyond question. Thus is was not Jordan's duty to do so. i.e. Chain of command.

Further, there were literally hundreds of assistance coaches at Ohio State during the time that Dr. Bad Touch was there. Do you suggest going after all of them, or only the ones who's politics you don't like?
Old 06-04-19, 09:05 PM
All American

Nick Corey is on a distinguished road
I love it when an allegation is made, if anyone says, "Hold on, let's pump the brakes and really look at what's going on here," others who don't know jack $h!t jump in and say, "YOU'RE VICTIM SHAMING!"
There's no question Strauss was deviant: Conflicted. Married with children, but (more than) apparently gay, bisexual, etc. (I don't know all the trendy terms. I'm sure I'm leaving some out. I heard "pan-sexual" the other day. Had never heard that in my life.)
Let's not lose sight of what the allegations were against Jordan: That wrestlers came to him and said they were being sexually molested by Strauss, and Jordan ignored them--he turned a blind eye.
The person who started the whole thing, we all know, sent out a tweet a year before he came out against Jordan, with a picture of JJ. He stated that Jordan was one of the most principled men he knew. When someone found it and showed it to him, he deleted it. Quickly. Fortunately, it had been screen-shot and it's been circulated widely.
Who does that? How do you say the man who ignored pleas for help while you were being molested is one of the most principled men you know?
There is so much evidence and facts about all this that haven't been released yet blasting the allegations that Jim Jordan knew. It's why these allegations came out almost a year ago, and why JJ still goes to work every day.
Notice how quickly Sandusky at PSU and Nasser at MSU went down after the national media got hold of allegations against them? They were toast in days. Why? When the media wants to get to the bottom of something, they have so much at their disposal to do exactly that. There was a feeding frenzy to get hold of something--anything--that supported DiSabato and company's claims against JJ.
Nothing.
Jordan gets re-elected, and still goes to work each day. For a reason. Everything leveled against him was garbage, coinciding perfectly after he makes it known he would be interested in Speaker of the House.
Stop with the "You're victim shaming!" Jim Jordan has no victims, unless we count those who walked out on a wrestling mat against him.

Last edited by Nick Corey; 06-05-19 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-05-19, 07:54 AM
All District

WGTJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Corey View Post
I love it when an allegation is made, if anyone says, "Hold on, let's pump the brakes and really look at what's going on here," others who don't know jack $h!t jump in and say, "YOU'RE VICTIM SHAMING!"
There's no question Strauss was deviant: Conflicted. Married with children, but (more than) apparently gay, bisexual, etc. (I don't know all the trendy terms. I'm sure I'm leaving some out. I heard "pan-sexual" the other day. Had never heard that in life.)
Let's not lose sight of what the allegations were against Jordan: That wrestlers came to him and said they were being sexually touched/molested by Strauss, and Jordan ignored them--he turned a blind eye.
The person who started the whole thing, we all know, sent out a tweet a year before he came out against Jordan, with a picture of JJ. He stated that Jordan was one of the most principled men he knew.
Who does that? How do you say the man who ignored pleas for help while you were being molested is one of the most principled men you know?
There is so much evidence and facts about all this that hasn't been released blasts the allegations that Jim Jordan knew. It's why these allegations came out almost a year ago, and why JJ still goes to work every day.
Notice how quickly Sandusky at PSU and Nasser at MSU went down after the national media got hold of allegations against them? They were toast in days. Why? When the media wants to get to the bottom of something, they have so much at their disposal to do exactly that. There was a feeding frenzy to get hold of something--anything--that supported DiSabato and company's claims against JJ.
Nothing.
Jordan gets re-elected, and still goes to work each day. For a reason. Everything leveled against him was garbage, coinciding perfectly after he makes it known he would be interested in Speaker of the House.
Stop with the "You're victim shaming!" Jim Jordan has no victims, unless we count those who walked out on a wrestling mat against him.
I just reread this thread to make sure, but from everything I can see, people on here that are calling out others for vitim shaming/blaming are doing so because posters are saying that the wrestlers must have liked it or they would have kicked the Dr's azz. That is an asinine take - abuse comes in several forms according to the report. Maybe the Dr. was less overt with the guys that could hurt him physically, idk. But to put it on the victims like that is just dumb.

Can you point out to me where you see victim shaming in relation to Jordan in this thread.

I don't like JJ's politics, but I haven't seen, nor heard any evidence that he should be held responsible for any of this. That never even entered my mind when I posted about victim blaming.
Old 06-05-19, 02:54 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Corey View Post
There's no question Strauss was deviant: Conflicted. Married with children, but (more than) apparently gay, bisexual, etc. (I don't know all the trendy terms. I'm sure I'm leaving some out. I heard "pan-sexual" the other day. Had never heard that in life.)
Let's not lose sight of what the allegations were against Jordan: That wrestlers came to him and said they were being sexually touched/molested by Strauss, and Jordan ignored them--he turned a blind eye.
The person who started the whole thing, we all know, sent out a tweet a year before he came out against Jordan, with a picture of JJ. He stated that Jordan was one of the most principled men he knew.
There is so much evidence and facts about all this that hasn't been released blasts the allegations that Jim Jordan knew. It's why these allegations came out almost a year ago, and why JJ still goes to work every day.
Nothing.
Pretty much sums it up.
Old 06-05-19, 04:38 PM
All Region

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
I’m wondering how many “victims” didn’t know they were victims until this thing broke. For instance, went to see doc for sore throat and got a physical, with the old turn your head and cough. Was that medically necessary? Probably not, but did the person feel victimized at the time? I’m struck by the accuser in chief and the video he appeared in laughing about the weirdo dr. I’m certain this was joked about routinely back in the day. I also wonder how many “victims” came forward with their own stories and are seeking a hefty payout like PSU and MSU provided. The reality is much of what is alleged cannot be refuted because the dr is dead. tOSU has money to burn and will likely settle with everyone who has made an allegation. This is one of those situations where it’s impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited by Crab Ride; 06-06-19 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-06-19, 11:22 AM
All Region

innoshape is on a distinguished road
Just following Crab Ride's post above: "wondering how many 'victims' didn't know they were victims until this thing broke". Although we all know $ can motivate for right and wrong reasons, it is also plausible the breaking of the news or simply the mentioning of the name Dr. Strauss could have triggered repressed memories.

"Repressed memory" (rĭ-prĕst′)
n.
A memory that is repressed because of the anxiety it engenders.

Citation: The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

"Repressed Memory"- Psychology: An event that occurred in a subject's past, the memory of which was actively repressed often because of the psychologically devastating impact of that memory–eg, childhood abuse, rape, molestation.

Citation: McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

I do agree it is difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff in this situation. Even if psych evaluations were done, you would likely have differing opinions in the litigation arena.

Last edited by innoshape; 06-06-19 at 11:26 AM. Reason: explanation
Old 06-06-19, 07:07 PM
All American

Deleted by the primary accuser, but not before folks had screen-shot it.
This tweet was sent out by MD a year before he and his buds made the allegations attempting to implicate Jordan.
Seem like a normal thing to do? To say that Jordan is "one of the few who stands by principle consistently," even though he ignored your pleas for help? This was sent out a year before he decided to make allegations against Jordan.
Check out the image and decide for yourself.

https://images.app.goo.gl/rTH5V56JoumVN6aW7
Old 06-07-19, 03:59 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
I’m wondering how many “victims” didn’t know they were victims until this thing broke. For instance, went to see doc for sore throat and got a physical, with the old turn your head and cough. Was that medically necessary? Probably not, but did the person feel victimized at the time? I’m struck by the accuser in chief and the video he appeared in laughing about the weirdo dr. I’m certain this was joked about routinely back in the day. I also wonder how many “victims” came forward with their own stories and are seeking a hefty payout like PSU and MSU provided. The reality is much of what is alleged cannot be refuted because the dr is dead. tOSU has money to burn and will likely settle with everyone who has made an allegation. This is one of those situations where it’s impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Here is a true story for you. One of my first jobs out of college required a DOT physical, so just your basic, hey how are you. Most of us were in our early 20s, who had to get them. The first group to go came back joking that they were given prostate exams, as part of the physical. When I went, and the doc proceeded to try and do a prostate exam, I asked if it was part of the DOT physical, knowing full well it was not. The doc admitted it wasn't but offered it as a freebie. LOL! I of course declined. Having said all of that, I don't think the guys who were clearly needlessly violated that day, ever gave it a second thought, and went on to live normal productive lives. Incidentally this clinic was run by OSU IIRC, so I now wonder if it was this same doc.

I agree this is the perfect scenario for people to look to find a way to make some money from this.
Old 06-11-19, 08:38 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdrill View Post
Here is a true story for you. One of my first jobs out of college required a DOT physical, so just your basic, hey how are you. Most of us were in our early 20s, who had to get them. The first group to go came back joking that they were given prostate exams, as part of the physical. When I went, and the doc proceeded to try and do a prostate exam, I asked if it was part of the DOT physical, knowing full well it was not. The doc admitted it wasn't but offered it as a freebie. LOL! I of course declined. Having said all of that, I don't think the guys who were clearly needlessly violated that day, ever gave it a second thought, and went on to live normal productive lives. Incidentally this clinic was run by OSU IIRC, so I now wonder if it was this same doc.

I agree this is the perfect scenario for people to look to find a way to make some money from this.

So everyone but jordan is a liar is what your saying?
Old 06-11-19, 09:36 PM
All American

Old Clyde Wrestler:
You keep saying and inferring that anyone who knew (or knows) Jordan was never approached about wrestlers being abused are automatically ignoring abuse victims. It's evident you can't fathom being wrong. You hate Jordan. We get it.
The primary accuser never came to Jordan--as he has claimed--and neither did anyone else. That's the accusation attempting to implicate Jordan. Hasn't worked.
Please...don't ignore this. You conveniently bypassed addressing it: What's the primary accuser praising Jordan for a year before he decided to accuse Jordan of ignoring his pleas for help?
https://images.app.goo.gl/rTH5V56JoumVN6aW7
Who calls anyone "principled" if that person ignored pleas for help from a molester?
There's truth out there that CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and the rest of the main-stream media don't want you to know. Do a little digging before gulping down what they feed with a giant spoon.

Last edited by Nick Corey; 06-11-19 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-12-19, 03:11 PM
All Ohio

1$’s 2¢ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is nothing close to what the post says.

The post never mentions Jordan. Nor does it say that "everyone" (or even anyone) is lying. It simply relates a personal story and then notes that this is a scenario where folks could seek to make money.
Old 06-12-19, 08:32 PM
Junior Varsity

Mr. Red is on a distinguished road
Damn...this thread is still going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-19, 07:03 AM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's hilarious.

It's not "everyone" that is lying. It's literally one person accusing Jim...and a few haters that desperately want that person's lies to be true.
Old 06-13-19, 09:46 AM
All American

Whizzer King is on a distinguished road
Old Clyde Wrestler must have went back to the CNN pages on fantasybook.