Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
  #1  
Old 07-02-19, 05:59 PM
Tender Roni Tender Roni is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-18-18
Posts: 24
Tender Roni is on a distinguished road
GCL turn over in coaches

Over the past decade we have seen:

Elder-Mccoy exit, Roush take over
La Salle-Zerkle come in, leave-Root take over
Moeller-Gaier exit, Yannishonis take over and exit, then Lindsey take over
X-Murphy exit, the football guy took the job-he left, then Wynn took over now he is gone.

Why did Wynn leave X? He coached 2 state champs. Who gets this job?
Lot's of turn over in the league over the past few years.
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-03-19, 07:50 AM
Campolongo Campolongo is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-04-11
Posts: 836
Campolongo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Roni View Post

Why did Wynn leave X? He coached 2 state champs. Who gets this job?
Lot's of turn over in the league over the past few years.
He didn't. Still on staff and in building. Just a different role from what I understand.
  #3  
Old 07-03-19, 07:53 AM
Tender Roni Tender Roni is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-18-18
Posts: 24
Tender Roni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campolongo View Post
He didn't. Still on staff and in building. Just a different role from what I understand.
But he is no longer the head wrestling coach at St. X correct? If so, why?
Who gets this job?
  #4  
Old 07-03-19, 09:12 AM
Coach Root Coach Root is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-02-07
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 1,178
Coach Root is on a distinguished road
A lot of head coaches step into an assistant role. It's a lot more fun...

As for why??? He wants to spend more time with his family. He wants to take up fishing. He wants to run away with the circus. There are a million reasons why a coach would want to step away from the head role. The most enjoyable coaching I ever had was as an assistant. Being a head coach is a lot of work, and oftentimes, a lot less coaching.

As for the other list of GCL coaches... you make it out like it's a revolving door in the GCL. Many of the coaches you named put in some serious time. Gaier, McCoy, Murphy, and Zerkle but their respective schools on the map. I watch people throw comments around all of the time... yet I'm confident very few were ever head coaches or they wouldn't question change.

I'm not positive but I believe that Neal Ryan is the new man in charge. Best of luck to Coach Ryan and the Bombers.

Coach Root
  #5  
Old 07-03-19, 11:59 AM
Tender Roni Tender Roni is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-18-18
Posts: 24
Tender Roni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Root View Post
A lot of head coaches step into an assistant role. It's a lot more fun...

As for why??? He wants to spend more time with his family. He wants to take up fishing. He wants to run away with the circus. There are a million reasons why a coach would want to step away from the head role. The most enjoyable coaching I ever had was as an assistant. Being a head coach is a lot of work, and oftentimes, a lot less coaching.

As for the other list of GCL coaches... you make it out like it's a revolving door in the GCL. Many of the coaches you named put in some serious time. Gaier, McCoy, Murphy, and Zerkle but their respective schools on the map. I watch people throw comments around all of the time... yet I'm confident very few were ever head coaches or they wouldn't question change.

I'm not positive but I believe that Neal Ryan is the new man in charge. Best of luck to Coach Ryan and the Bombers.

Coach Root

Neal Ryan or Brennan Ryan? Just asking for clarification in case you mixed up your "Ryan's"
  #6  
Old 07-03-19, 01:04 PM
white_chocolate white_chocolate is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-12-05
Posts: 726
white_chocolate is on a distinguished road
I can say with certainty that it is not Brennan Ryan...
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea to keep good coaches coaching sprtsfan247 Boys Basketball 31 05-14-19 11:11 AM
Fourth Annual Ohio Valley Football Coaches Clinic secretstud96 Football 0 03-11-19 12:32 PM
Why so many great wrestlers/excellent coaches? queencitybuckeye Wrestling 17 03-22-18 05:25 AM
coaches wanted Sheridan Wrestling 2 03-12-18 12:04 PM
Looking for Coaches for Troy Jr. Legion Team Frosty Baseball 0 12-12-17 12:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.