Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-03-17, 09:53 AM
All District

Bigtimewrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
Pownall is at CVCA? I didn't realize that, that puts him and Duvall both there as frosh who went against each other in JH OAC finals last March. What a tough room CVCA will be this winter.
It has taken a little bit of time, but CVCA appears that they will emerge as a solid dual team in addition to a strong tournament team that they have already been for the last two years. These two freshmen in addition to a solid senior 2x District placer Justin West should anchor the middle weight classes (138, 145, 152) on this team, which has been a weakness in their line up in the past two years. CVCA already has one of the best lightweight rooms in the nation with nationally rank wrestlers, Jacob Decatur, Matthew Cardello and World Team Member Jordan Decatur in the fold. Also add to the mix that sophomores State Qualifier 220 pounder Brelin Walker, and State Alternate Heavyweight Matt Holman are manning the upperweights, this team has all the ingredients of being a very solid dual meet team as well. This team is configured to be a do better in the State individual tournament than in the State dual meet tournament, but they should be a solid dual meet team and I think favored to win a district crown at Alliance.
Old 08-03-17, 12:32 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Blast82.5 is correct. The wrestlers listed as returning state qualifiers did not make the top 15. Some were the first man out, some are two or three spots away from #15.
Old 08-03-17, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

A few changes late last night didn't save. I have now made all corrections from the emails and PMs I received. If I forgot to make a change from yesterday, PLEASE let me know.
Old 08-03-17, 02:29 PM
All District

dion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
I completely forgot McComas somehow. Suarez was on my original list right around 15 and then he dropped out, but should have been added back later. They both have been added, THANKS!
Boro, I agree that McMillen (160) wouldn't be in the top 15, but I think he could make it to "the big dance" out of the Perrysburg district. What do you think?
Old 08-03-17, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dion View Post
Boro, I agree that McMillen (160) wouldn't be in the top 15, but I think he could make it to "the big dance" out of the Perrysburg district. What do you think?
I agree, he should definitely be a factor and a possible qualifier. He was actually at #15 at one point yesterday, but then fell out.
Old 08-03-17, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

D3 Rankings have been posted.

www.borofanohio.net

There will obviously be weight changes as it is only August, so please feel free to email (borofanohio@gmail.com) or PM me on here with corrections. All returning state qualifiers should be listed (2017 only). If you think I may have forgotten someone or overlooked a certain wrestler, please email or PM me. I have been moving guys all over the past few days, so please let me know if a school has two wrestlers at the same weight or if a wrestler is listed at two weights. If any schools are incorrect please let me know (Freshman/Transfers).

If there are any notable 106s that are returning to 106, please let me know.

All Rankings will be updated daily throughout August.

Last edited by Boro Fan; 08-04-17 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-03-17, 07:57 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
if the weights stay the way they are Graham vs Eds. Graham wins 8 matches.
Old 08-03-17, 07:59 PM
All Region

cosh wrestling dad is on a distinguished road
132 #15 gavin Ramos is not from Coshocton ???
Old 08-03-17, 08:12 PM
All District

dion is on a distinguished road
Boro, Are you sure Smucker from Smithville is going 170? I had heard 160.
Old 08-03-17, 09:01 PM
All Ohio

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Wow Alek Martin making 113, Nick Moore making 120, and Jeff Thomas all the way up at 152 wrestling off with Sanchez? Dang those are some surprising movements for Graham. If Tanner Jordan makes 106 again he is going to be awfully tough at that weight.
Old 08-03-17, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dion View Post
Boro, Are you sure Smucker from Smithville is going 170? I had heard 160.
The projected lineup I received had him at 170.

I'm guessing the plan was to jump Yinger and Lagoa, but it seems Lagoa will be at 170.

Last edited by Boro Fan; 08-03-17 at 11:02 PM. Reason: 2nd part didn't save originally
Old 08-03-17, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divided42 View Post
Wow Alek Martin making 113, Nick Moore making 120, and Jeff Thomas all the way up at 152 wrestling off with Sanchez? Dang those are some surprising movements for Graham. If Tanner Jordan makes 106 again he is going to be awfully tough at that weight.
I was surprised when I originally heard Martin was going 113 at the beginning of the summer and supposedly that is still the plan now in August. I hear Thomas won't be any lower than 145, so I figured 152/Sanchez was his best chance to fit in.

A few people might think Martin is worthy enough of being #1 at 113, but I will wait for him to actually make the weight (and wrestle well), before rewarding him with the #1 spot
Old 08-03-17, 10:07 PM
All District

TRGrapplersMom is on a distinguished road
This incoming Freshman class is crazy good. Some of these kids have been beast since day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-17, 11:19 PM
All District

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Man oh man…D1 is a different animal… No disrespect to D2 or D3, but it is really tough in D1 in Ohio.

Love the Freshman at St. Ed’s. Quality kids and Quality wrestlers.
Old 08-04-17, 04:10 AM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
I was surprised when I originally heard Martin was going 113 at the beginning of the summer and supposedly that is still the plan now in August. I hear Thomas won't be any lower than 145, so I figured 152/Sanchez was his best chance to fit in.

A few people might think Martin is worthy enough of being #1 at 113, but I will wait for him to actually make the weight (and wrestle well), before rewarding him with the #1 spot
Martin was wrestling 126 last winter at Jr. High States and he did not look undersized at 126. You can view his finals match against Darnai Heard from Lasalle online. I am not someone that is against cutting weight, but that seems pretty extreme. For comparisons sake Darnai Heard is ranked at 132 in DI for next year.

I understand that might be the only place to make the lineup at Graham perhaps, but that just seems like too much. I don't want to tell anyone how to parent or coach for that matter, but this seems like a situation that is a bad idea in the long run. Maybe not though and he was just wrestling up a couple weight classes or maybe he is at a higher weight class and this is just forum banter.

Trace Braun was an 8th grader who should be perfect for 106 next year for Graham as he wrestled 90 pounds most of the middle school season and cut to 85 pounds for the State Championships.

This seems like a much more reasonable lineup. Most likely better as well.

106- Trace Braun, Junior High 3rd at 85 lbs
113- Tanner Jordan, State 3rd at 106
120- Nick Moore, Junior High 1st at 120 lbs
126- Jordan Crace, State Chanp at 120
132- Alek Martin, Junior High 1st at 126 lbs
138- Mitch Moore, State Champ at 132
145- J.D. Stickley, State Champ at 138
152- Joey Sanchez/Jeff Thomas, State 4th at 145 and State 3rd at 126 respectively
160- Ryan Thomas, State Champ at 160
170- Rocky Jordan, State Champ at 152
182- ? Easy bump up situation for Duals with the two at 152.
195- Gage Braun, State 2nd at 182
220- Johnny Shafer, State 7th at 220

Last edited by CuriousGeorge1; 08-04-17 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-04-17, 05:05 AM
All Ohio

craceman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
Martin was wrestling 126 last winter at Jr. High States and he did not look undersized at 126. You can view his finals match against Darnai Heard from Lasalle online. I am not someone that is against cutting weight, but that seems pretty extreme. For comparisons sake Darnai Heard is ranked at 132 in DI for next year.

I understand that might be the only place to make the lineup at Graham perhaps, but that just seems like too much. I don't want to tell anyone how to parent or coach for that matter, but this seems like a situation that is a bad idea in the long run. Maybe not though and he was just wrestling up a couple weight classes or maybe he is at a higher weight class and this is just forum banter.

Trace Braun was an 8th grader who should be perfect for 106 next year for Graham as he wrestled 90 pounds most of the middle school season and cut to 85 pounds for the State Championships.

This seems like a much more reasonable lineup. Most likely better as well.

106- Trace Braun, Junior High 3rd at 85 lbs
113- Tanner Jordan, State 3rd at 106
120- Nick Moore, Junior High 1st at 120 lbs
126- Jordan Crace, State Chanp at 120
132- Alek Martin, Junior High 1st at 126 lbs
138- Mitch Moore, State Champ at 132
145- J.D. Stickley, State Champ at 138
152- Joey Sanchez/Jeff Thomas, State 4th at 145 and State 3rd at 126 respectively
160- Ryan Thomas, State Champ at 160
170- Rocky Jordan, State Champ at 152
182- ? Easy bump up situation for Duals with the two at 152.
195- Gage Braun, State 2nd at 182
220- Johnny Shafer, State 7th at 220
Martin did bump up at State so he and his Teammate could both have shots of winning Titles!
Old 08-04-17, 06:20 AM
Varsity

russiantie is on a distinguished road
Boro, great work. Whitehall Yearling is DI this year, not DIII. Lol, I wish! Thanks Coach P.
Old 08-04-17, 08:14 AM
Freshman

Elkbuilder is on a distinguished road
Boro Drew Wiechers Div 1 152 will only be a junior. Great Stuff. Thanks for putting this all together.
Old 08-04-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiantie View Post
Boro, great work. Whitehall Yearling is DI this year, not DIII. Lol, I wish! Thanks Coach P.
Thank you! Not sure what happened there
Old 08-04-17, 01:30 PM
All Region

cosh wrestling dad is on a distinguished road
Did amanda-clearcreek get bump to D2 this season?
Old 08-04-17, 08:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by craceman View Post
Martin did bump up at State so he and his Teammate could both have shots of winning Titles!
Except no one on the team was entered at 114 at Jr High States. Again, I'm not against someone cutting weight, it just seems extreme.

According to OAC rules he has to weigh in at least above the previous weight class. Here is the video of his finals match:

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/11...g#.WYUgNelGle0

He looks pretty lean with next to nothing to lose.

He was wrestling 126 for Team Kansas at Folkstyle Nationals also. I don't know, maybe he is a lot lighter and just wanted a challenge, he is VERY good. It just seemed like a natural lineup spot is available at 126 or 132. Most of us have all seen a stud get burned out bc a weight cut took the joy of the sport away. He seems very driven though so maybe that is not a concern. He did move to Graham from Kansas just to wrestle for Coach Jordan so he is committed. Good luck to him. He has a bright future in this sport that is for sure.

Here are some of his wins there:

-Bianchi

-Cassioppi

-Schriever

All at 126. For comparison's sake, Schriever just two month later beat Bryce Hepner of St. Ed's in Fargo at 126 and was two matches away from being an AA. Martin tech falled him here in early May at 126 pounds and doesn't look small in doing it. In fact he looks bigger to me, but its hard to tell sometimes on video.

He almost majors Bianchi, 9-2 final score, another tough kid and beats Cassioppi who is a rising junior and brother to the #3 ranked Heavyweight in the country.

If Martin does make 113 he will be HUGE and will for sure be the #1 kid there. He is very good.

Last edited by CuriousGeorge1; 08-05-17 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-04-17, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Re: Alek Martin, those are two DIFFERENT kids. Just that Track profiles them the same since they have the same first and last name.
Old 08-05-17, 09:52 AM
All District

ncanitano is on a distinguished road
Silly me. I thought this thread was D1-3 rankings. Which are great.
Old 08-05-17, 01:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Re: Alek Martin, those are two DIFFERENT kids. Just that Track profiles them the same since they have the same first and last name.
Seriously? In an interview he talks about moving from Kansas to Ohio to wrestle for Coach Jordan. That explains it though. I stand corrected. maybe 113 is well within the cards.
Old 08-05-17, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

I made multiple changes today to all three divisions.
Old 08-06-17, 01:09 AM
All District

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Nice work Boro Fan !
Old 08-06-17, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

craceman is on a distinguished road
All I said was Martin did bump up at State so he and his Teammate could both have shots of winning Titles! lol. Time will tell where everyone falls! Who knows.
Old 08-06-17, 06:46 PM
All Ohio

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All I said was Martin did bump up at State so he and his Teammate could both have shots of winning Titles! lol. Time will tell where everyone falls! Who knows.
And I'll be in the bushes when the hydration test is done wearing my delta force fiber optic eyemax spy snake camera, just to make sure no numbers are fudged.
Old 08-06-17, 08:29 PM
All American

Quote:
I just was thinking if he could make 113 next year than he would have made 114 for Junior High States to make way for both him and Moore to win titles. When I google'd his name to find those matches I posted earlier, I did see an interview from last season, post winning the OW award at the GFC at 110 pounds. In that interview he talks about moving from Kansas to Ohio to wrestle for Coach Jordan and talks about his plans to cut to 105 for the Super 32. I did not know that another "Alek Martin" existed, who was also from Kansas and in the same age group and also a stud wrestler, who had been competing at 126 over the last couple months. That was what through me for a loop. So, the possibility of 113 actually makes way more sense now without it being nearly as drastic of a cut as I had originally thought.

Time, as always will shows us the reality.

He is an absolute stud either way and if he is at 113, I believe the #3 ranking is about two spots too low.
Old 08-06-17, 08:48 PM
All Region

keato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
Man oh man…D1 is a different animal… No disrespect to D2 or D3, but it is really tough in D1 in Ohio.

Love the Freshman at St. Ed’s. Quality kids and Quality wrestlers.
As it should be they are D1 for a reason. Just for sh€£> and giggles if you had to pick a champion from each weight class for each division who would you take?