Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-01-17, 04:04 PM
All District

#Hashtag is on a distinguished road
This thread has turned into a joke. So many quotes to pull and laugh at.

For comedic value, I hope they hire Disalvo because some people on here will have their heads explode.
Old 08-01-17, 06:42 PM
Freshman

BSR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Hashtag View Post

For comedic value, I hope they hire Disalvo because some people on here will have their heads explode.
I could not agree more. Furthermore, I personally know two Lancer parents that have called the AD to complain about Root even being considered. While a lot of people on here clearly like the guy ... there are a LOT that do not. I seriously doubt they will hire him with that kind of reaction from families.

But keep the comedy coming, kids. I, for one, look forward to the crazy that is Yappi.
Old 08-01-17, 08:48 PM
Varsity

Smoke Screen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Why is that?
Old 08-01-17, 09:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Screen View Post
Why is that?
Which of my 3 sentences are you referring to?
Old 08-02-17, 01:55 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR View Post
I could not agree more. Furthermore, I personally know two Lancer parents that have called the AD to complain about Root even being considered. While a lot of people on here clearly like the guy ... there are a LOT that do not. I seriously doubt they will hire him with that kind of reaction from families.

But keep the comedy coming, kids. I, for one, look forward to the crazy that is Yappi.
I honestly don't understand the Root hate. I'll admit before actually meeting him I formed an opinion based on things others have told me. Since meeting him and seeing how he interacts with his roster as well as those from rival schools, I have nothing but good things to say about him. I've witnessed him coach up rival kids in open mats the same way he would his own kids. I've witnessed him pull kids from other schools aside and give them technique advice after watching one of their matches. I've watched him both win and lose with class. But most importantly I've watched as he coached his kids to do the same thing. Has he made mistakes in his life? Sure, we all have. But there aren't many more respected coaches in SW Ohio than him.
Old 08-02-17, 04:10 AM
Varsity

SCORE2WIN is on a distinguished road
Coach Zerkle steps down at Lasalle

If two families did call to complain I hardly think that would be enough to not hire him. The ones from LS I talked to were excited about the possibility of Root and said pretty much the whole team was except for one who was afraid of kids he might bring with him and getting them bumped from the line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SCORE2WIN; 08-02-17 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-02-17, 05:31 PM
All American

Beaster is on a distinguished road
I can't help but play so here is my thought......lasalle has 2 great guys in Byrd and Boggs . Therefore they just need a administrative type guy to walk in and take the glory of a very talented team. Who else but a guy who has been a coach at 4 places in 7 years and just stepped down from his current college level job right before the announcement of Zeke leaving . Any takers ?????
Old 08-02-17, 07:04 PM
All District

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaster View Post
I can't help but play so here is my thought......lasalle has 2 great guys in Byrd and Boggs . Therefore they just need a administrative type guy to walk in and take the glory of a very talented team. Who else but a guy who has been a coach at 4 places in 7 years and just stepped down from his current college level job right before the announcement of Zeke leaving . Any takers ?????
Does he he model his hands in the Sunday Cincinnati Enquirer? Does he like his pretzels dipped in white chocolate?

I think he actually wants the Mason job if Root leaves.
Old 08-02-17, 07:36 PM
All American

CincyCoach is on a distinguished road
Hey now, that actually wouldn't be all that bad of a fit. Or a certain ex-Fairfield kid that wrestled for the Firebirds before moving onto Div II collegiate glory? Not a finer role model around!
Old 08-02-17, 07:44 PM
All Ohio

white_chocolate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Randy, I like the thinly veiled jab shots, that's cool I guess. First off, no, zero intentions of putting in for the LaSalle head job. I just left a position on the west side to be closer to home and to have more time for my businesses and my family. I would like to know what job I ever took that was a chance for glory riding on someone else's coat tails? Every job I ever took as a head coach was where a major reclamation project was needed when I took over, every single job I've taken. I have never taken a job where I was handed much of anything thus far in my career. So I will consider this a cheap low blow due to some unresolved issues you must still have over a prior position I had.

As you well know, I didn't leave Lakota West of my choosing a few years back, I had no plans of leaving there until a dumb comment I made at practice forced the issue. I then went to Mason to help there, I loved it there, and it is very close to my home, and my son is in the kids club (which I also help coach at Mason). I only went to MSJ because the program was on the verge of being canceled with no one stepping up. I had zero intention or desire to leave Mason. I love it there, great kids, great families, great coaches, great support system. For 2 months last spring I not only declined interest in leaving for MSJ when I was asked, I also tried to help them find viable candidates for the job last year. When nothing came to fruition, and heading into summer with no coach and no recruiting being done, the next step would have been for the program to be shut down. I told MSJ I didn't have the time to do it, running 2 full-time companies, with 2 young kids at the time plus baby #3 on the way, and then having to find a way to also put full-time energy into a part-time college position with no paid assistants to help or support, not to mention driving about 2 hours per day once traffic is factored in. I told the school repeatedly I was not the right guy for that job if they had someone better. However, since no one else would or could do it, as a former MSJ assistant coach with some love for the place and the program, I took it last year to keep it alive, to recruit as much as I could with my constraints, by myself for the year, with the understanding if/when someone became available that could pour their life and passion into the job like the position needed, that I would gladly step aside and help them transition into taking it over. Elliott Spence became available for the MSJ job this summer, and he is a perfect fit. He is younger, no kids, lives on the west side, is an alum of the place as a 3x All-American and a national runner-up. He is perfect, and is coming out of the gate kicking and screaming. I gladly stepped aside for the betterment of the program and also my family. Elliott is better for the position than what I can give it. I believe the timing of the switch was done in a way where we can still help recruit a few more kids for this coming year, but also be fair to the kids and not leave them at the last minute, so they still have time to meet Elliott and make the decision that he and the school are still the right fit for them.

That is why I have jumped around the last few years. This all went down well before any rumors of LaSalle or Mason. Assuming Root is at Mason, I have every intention of going back to Mason to help there. It is 10 minutes from my house, I love the kids there, and my own son is having a great experience in the kids club there. Maybe I didn't need to explain myself like this, but I didn't really appreciate you throwing low blows out there like I have been a mercenary coach or something.

Brennan Ryan

Last edited by white_chocolate; 08-02-17 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-02-17, 07:48 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeDown77 View Post
Does he he model his hands in the Sunday Cincinnati Enquirer? Does he like his pretzels dipped in white chocolate?

Actually, I just prefer to coach WITH Root at Mason, nothing more...
Old 08-02-17, 08:14 PM
Freshman

Takedown777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeDown77 View Post

You can take your 2 cents, turn it sideways and shove it right up your candy ash!

Can you smelllllllllalalalalalou...what I'm cookin?!?
Old 08-02-17, 08:18 PM
All District

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takedown777 View Post
You can take your 2 cents, turn it sideways and shove it right up your candy ash!

Can you smelllllllllalalalalalou...what I'm cookin?!?
Old 08-02-17, 08:58 PM
Junior Varsity

BlueGoldHornets is on a distinguished road
Click image for larger version

Name:	coachvq.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1731

How about this guy? Good luck to whomever takes the position. Many great kids on that team.
Old 08-02-17, 09:32 PM
All District

Quote:
Who else but a guy who has been a coach at 4 places in 7 years
If your older son had 7 years of eligibility, you'd probably send him to 4 different high schools instead of just 2.
Old 08-02-17, 10:14 PM
Junior Varsity

All GMC is on a distinguished road
I heard that Shawn Thomas from Middletown was in the running for the LaSalle job.
Old 08-03-17, 03:45 AM
Varsity

apoclintbrown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by All GMC View Post
I heard that Shawn Thomas from Middletown was in the running for the LaSalle job.
That would be a fantastic hire imo... Great coach and leader!
Old 08-03-17, 05:20 AM
All American

Quote:
If your older son had 7 years of eligibility, you'd probably send him to 4 different high schools instead of just 2.
That's a intelligent dig.
Old 08-03-17, 05:27 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_chocolate View Post
Randy, I like the thinly veiled jab shots,

Brennan Ryan
Sorry Brennan, no jab intended. You just read into it deeper than it was. Since everyone else was throwing names out it made sense to me that your name could be a fit given your recent job changes.
Old 08-03-17, 06:43 AM
All Ohio

Sorry if I took it wrong...the "4 jobs in 7 years" and "walk in and take the glory" comments I took as having a certain amount of jabs in there...

Of the head jobs I took on, Roger Bacon had 11 straight losing seasons prior when I took the head job. Madeira had 4 kids returning when I took that job. Lakota West was 1-10 in duals and 9th in the GMC the year before I took that job. And MSJ had 2 wrestlers in school when I took that on last year. So the perspective thrown out like that which possibly insinuated that I may be the person that waltzes into LaSalle to take the glory like that is my track record, I took it as a low blow. Don't get me wrong, as a coach it would be wonderful to inherit a bunch of studs!!

Last edited by white_chocolate; 08-03-17 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-03-17, 07:53 AM
All District

Quote:
That's a intelligent dig.
an* (speaking of intelligent)
Old 08-03-17, 09:37 AM
All American

Quote:
an* (speaking of intelligent)
Awesome. Last night you were a history buff as if you knew my families past, today you're a english teacher and yet you still have not figured out how to spell your name at the end of any of your post .
Old 08-03-17, 10:26 AM
All District

Quote:
and yet you still have not figured out how to spell your name at the end of any of your post .
#hashtag
Old 08-03-17, 10:47 AM
All District

Back to topic, what gives? Did LS hire someone or will school start without a coach named? If they have hired, then why the wait to announce? Are we supposed to wait for Barrett Cohen to have a press release or something?
Old 08-03-17, 12:25 PM
All Ohio

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Back to topic, what gives? Did LS hire someone or will school start without a coach named? If they have hired, then why the wait to announce? Are we supposed to wait for Barrett Cohen to have a press release or something?
We're having issues at Bohemian Grove at the moment. A blood sacrifice escaped and is holding up the coronation ceremony.
Old 08-03-17, 07:47 PM
Freshman

thenatureboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by All GMC View Post
Shawn would be a perfect fit. Has experience coaching high level kids at Prodigy and coached/DEVELOPED some hammers at Middletown.
Old 08-04-17, 01:15 PM
Junior Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Coach Thomas would be a great hire for any program. Good character guy that will develop the kids.
Old 08-04-17, 03:24 PM
All District

mos07 is on a distinguished road
Any white smoke from the chimney at LaSalle yet?
Old 08-04-17, 04:15 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos07 View Post
Bwahahahhahahaha!!!!!!
Old 08-04-17, 05:06 PM
Varsity

SCORE2WIN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos07 View Post

LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk