Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-13-17, 09:56 AM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
St. Edward 2017-18

Congratulations on bringing home another championship. The Eagles battled the injury bug all season. A job well done by the wrestlers and the entire coaching staff.

Now we can look ahead to next season. Many things will change between now and next December but this team will be stronger and I believe will compete for a national title. Here is how I see the line going into next year.

106-Richter/Poole
113-Rini
120-Hepner
126-Annadonian
132-Kazmir
138-Gallagher
145-Hightower
152-Dover
160-Cundiff/Garcar
170-Beard
182-Howard
195-Kincade/O'Malley
220-Fatah
Hvy-Santillo
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-17, 10:48 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
I think Graham will be in a better position to win a national title. Ironman will be a good benchmark.
Old 03-13-17, 10:55 AM
All American

No question. As I said early SPG will be ranked #2 behind Blair when the season starts next year. However, SPG has to come to the nest tis year. Huge advantage.
Old 03-13-17, 02:59 PM
All Ohio

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Love the looks of that lineup through 152 and am happy to see that Hightower and Gallagher to St Eds is still the plan. I'm worried that the lineup 160-285, other than Howard, may not be national title caliber level. Just don't see many Ironman placers there, hope they surprise me, really liked Beard as a middle schooler.
Old 03-13-17, 09:27 PM
All Yappi

EagleSE
I don't see Howard at 182, see him staying at 195.
Old 03-14-17, 10:07 AM
All American

SE I agree but I was told his scholarship college was asking him to wrestle 82 next year. True or false I don't know. I have to assume this true until I hear otherwise.
Old 03-17-17, 12:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE View Post
I don't see Howard at 182, see him staying at 195.
I stand corrected. After further review, I also believe Howard will be 95 next year. Did some research and SE is correct as usual.
Old 04-12-17, 12:10 PM
All American

In wrestling next season, St. Edward to dual with Wyoming Seminary and Bergen Catholic
By Norm Weber
nwber@sehs.net

On the dual schedule for St. Edward wrestling next year will be national powers Bergen Catholic and Wyoming Seminary.

The two schools are perennially in the top 10 in the nation every year.

The quad will be held Jan 27 at Wyoming Seminary’s place in Pennsylvania. The fourth school is yet to be announced.

The Eagles, State Dual Champs the past two years, had Bergen Catholic on the schedule this year, but the New Jersey school had to reschedule and then the rescheduled quad had to be cancelled.

For the third year in a row, St. Edward will be at The Clash in Rochester, Minnesota New Year’s weekend. The Eagles were runners-up in that tournament each of the past two seasons.

The Eagles will also be at a quad in West Virginia with teams from that state and Virginia. They will also participate in duals tournaments in Detroit and Cincinnati.

This coming year the Eagles will host Graham from St. Paris, Ohio, the dominant team in Division II the past 20 seasons. St. Ed’s finished third in the country and Graham fourth. That match will be Jan. 20.

The Eagles will also host a quad in mid December with Pennsylvania and Ohio teams and host St. Ignatius in a dual early in the season.

Of course the Eagles will be at the brutal Iron Man first week of December.

Dec 2 - Tri @ Ed's ( Eds, Parkersburg South West Va. , Wadsworth)

Dec 8,9 - Ironman

Dec 16 - Quad @ Ed's with Pottsville PA, Erie Prep, and Claymont

Dec 21- Dual @ Eds vx. St Ignatius

Dec 29-30 - "The Clash " in Rochester Minn

Jan 6- @ Huntington West Va Quad with Independence and Christiansburg VA

Jan 13 - @ Detroit Catholic Central Duals

Jan 20 - @ Eds vs St Paris Graham

Jan 24 - OHSAA Duals 1/4's

Jan 27 - @ Wyoming Seminary in a Quad with Bergen Catholic and ?

Jan 31 - OHSAA Duals 1/2 and Regional finals @ Eds

Feb 3 - @ LaSalle for a Quad

Feb 10 - OHSAA State Duals @ St John's Arena @ Ohio State

Feb 17 - off

Feb 24 - Sectionals @ Westlake

March 2,3 - Districts @ TBA

March 8,9,10 State Tournament @ THe Schott
Old 04-12-17, 07:36 PM
Junior Varsity

cradleman is on a distinguished road
Mailman, how accurate is this schedule? Just looking at the calendar it looks as if the State Duals finals will be a Saturday this year and not a Sunday.I really like it being on a Saturday if that is the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post
In wrestling next season, St. Edward to dual with Wyoming Seminary and Bergen Catholic
By Norm Weber
nwber@sehs.net

On the dual schedule for St. Edward wrestling next year will be national powers Bergen Catholic and Wyoming Seminary.

The two schools are perennially in the top 10 in the nation every year.

The quad will be held Jan 27 at Wyoming Seminaryís place in Pennsylvania. The fourth school is yet to be announced.

The Eagles, State Dual Champs the past two years, had Bergen Catholic on the schedule this year, but the New Jersey school had to reschedule and then the rescheduled quad had to be cancelled.

For the third year in a row, St. Edward will be at The Clash in Rochester, Minnesota New Yearís weekend. The Eagles were runners-up in that tournament each of the past two seasons.

The Eagles will also be at a quad in West Virginia with teams from that state and Virginia. They will also participate in duals tournaments in Detroit and Cincinnati.

This coming year the Eagles will host Graham from St. Paris, Ohio, the dominant team in Division II the past 20 seasons. St. Edís finished third in the country and Graham fourth. That match will be Jan. 20.

The Eagles will also host a quad in mid December with Pennsylvania and Ohio teams and host St. Ignatius in a dual early in the season.

Of course the Eagles will be at the brutal Iron Man first week of December.

Dec 2 - Tri @ Ed's ( Eds, Parkersburg South West Va. , Wadsworth)

Dec 8,9 - Ironman

Dec 16 - Quad @ Ed's with Pottsville PA, Erie Prep, and Claymont

Dec 21- Dual @ Eds vx. St Ignatius

Dec 29-30 - "The Clash " in Rochester Minn

Jan 6- @ Huntington West Va Quad with Independence and Christiansburg VA

Jan 13 - @ Detroit Catholic Central Duals

Jan 20 - @ Eds vs St Paris Graham

Jan 24 - OHSAA Duals 1/4's

Jan 27 - @ Wyoming Seminary in a Quad with Bergen Catholic and ?

Jan 31 - OHSAA Duals 1/2 and Regional finals @ Eds

Feb 3 - @ LaSalle for a Quad

Feb 10 - OHSAA State Duals @ St John's Arena @ Ohio State

Feb 17 - off

Feb 24 - Sectionals @ Westlake

March 2,3 - Districts @ TBA

March 8,9,10 State Tournament @ THe Schott
Old 04-13-17, 09:51 AM
All American

Should be spot on unless someone backs out of an event.
Old 04-21-17, 04:09 AM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
I saw this tweet:

Mike Mattin‏ @mikemattin
Shoutout to @_stedswrestling for bringing 16 kids to @NHSCA nationals and placing 9. Not too difficult to see why they consistently excel!

However, I can't find the actual brackets anywhere. Does anyone know where they are posted?

I did see quite a few guys are already up in weight...Rini, Andonian, and Dover to be precise. Wrestling up a weight class at an off season event doesn't mean much. I did notice several other wrestlers who actually competed at a lower weight class than their in season weight class. I believe the weigh-in was +5, so those three are all candidates to move up at least one weight class next year and multiple would not be a shocker. It is next to impossible to try and guess a lineup this far in advance, but I'll give it a shot.

106- Open
113- Rini/Poole
120- Richter
126- Hepner
132- Kazimir
138- Andonian
145- Garcar
152- Dover
160- Cundiff
170- Beard
182- Lisco
195- Howard
220- Fattah
Hvy- Santillo

That is my prediction guaranteed to be wrong. I won't put any incoming Freshmen into a prediction. However, if the 8th graders being rumored to be coming to St. Edward to in fact come, they will obviously have an impact on the lineup.
Old 04-21-17, 06:30 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cradleman View Post
Mailman, how accurate is this schedule? Just looking at the calendar it looks as if the State Duals finals will be a Saturday this year and not a Sunday.I really like it being on a Saturday if that is the case.
OHSAA Future Dates schedule shows the State Duals on Saturdays going forward at least 3 years.
Old 04-21-17, 08:21 AM
Varsity

TKrebs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
I saw this tweet:

Mike Mattin‏ @mikemattin
Shoutout to @_stedswrestling for bringing 16 kids to @NHSCA nationals and placing 9. Not too difficult to see why they consistently excel!

However, I can't find the actual brackets anywhere. Does anyone know where they are posted?

I did see quite a few guys are already up in weight...Rini, Andonian, and Dover to be precise. Wrestling up a weight class at an off season event doesn't mean much. I did notice several other wrestlers who actually competed at a lower weight class than their in season weight class. I believe the weigh-in was +5, so those three are all candidates to move up at least one weight class next year and multiple would not be a shocker. It is next to impossible to try and guess a lineup this far in advance, but I'll give it a shot.

106- Open
113- Rini/Poole
120- Richter
126- Hepner
132- Kazimir
138- Andonian
145- Garcar
152- Dover
160- Cundiff
170- Beard
182- Lisco
195- Howard
220- Fattah
Hvy- Santillo

That is my prediction guaranteed to be wrong. I won't put any incoming Freshmen into a prediction. However, if the 8th graders being rumored to be coming to St. Edward to in fact come, they will obviously have an impact on the lineup.
Bracket links are here: http://www.nhsca.com/page/Events2017
Old 04-23-17, 04:42 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
Looks like you can confirm some incoming freshman based on the Ohio duals lineup. Not to mention potential weight classes. It's gonna be brutal for wrestle offs in the lower weights.
Old 04-23-17, 06:10 PM
All American

Yes you can.
By Norm Weber
Nweber@sehs.net

St. Edward wrestling advanced to the finals of the Ohio Duals and nine Eagles and Eagles-to-be took firsts in the State Freestyle Qualifier Sunday at Delta High School with a 5-0 record.

Incoming freshmen Sean Seifeld took 1st, Rich Delsanter took 1st, Paddy Gallagher took 1st, and Hudson Hightower was 1st.

Current freshmen Hudson Poole took 4th, Bryce Hepner took 1st, and Mike Garcar took 2nd.

Sophomores Angelo Rini was 1st and Bryce Andonian first.

Seniors Allan Hart and Jared Campbell took first

Also St Ed’s is competing in Ohio Duals with 15 other teams.
Old 04-25-17, 10:36 AM
All American

Nice job Isaac!

By Norm Weber
nweber@sehs.net

As a part of the Case Western Reserve University Wrestling Awards Banquet Saturday, Spartans Head Coach Danny Song announced the winners of the 2016-17 team awards.

St. Edward alumnus Isaac Collier was named the Bob Del Rosa Most Valuable Wrestler.

“Building a culture takes a ton of hard work and sacrifice from all involved," said Coach Song. "With that, it is critical to get together and celebrate and recognize our progress.”

Collier was also part of the Spartans’ Scholar Wrestling Team National Championship of the Spartans, due to the academics and athletic combined excellence of team members.
Old 05-05-17, 03:50 AM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Looks like you can confirm some incoming freshman based on the Ohio duals lineup. Not to mention potential weight classes. It's gonna be brutal for wrestle offs in the lower weights.
Drew Butera wrestled on this team last year as an "incoming Freshmen." He attended and wrestled for Elyria as a Freshmen.

I can not even count the number of 8th graders that people thought were coming to St. Edward that ended up somewhere else. I don't even count on younger brothers anymore after Lang, Habat, and Heil, until they are actually walking the halls.

St. Edward is a very tough school academically and it is not cheap.

The school is really becoming more and more exclusive every year. The administration has done a tremendous job.
Old 05-05-17, 06:15 AM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Drew Butera wrestled on this team last year as an "incoming Freshmen." He attended and wrestled for Elyria as a Freshmen.

I can not even count the number of 8th graders that people thought were coming to St. Edward that ended up somewhere else. I don't even count on younger brothers anymore after Lang, Habat, and Heil, until they are actually walking the halls.

The school is really becoming more and more exclusive every year. The administration has done a tremendous job.
I guess if your a fan of exclusion then they are doing a tremendous job.
Old 05-05-17, 09:32 AM
All American

its going be tough for eds to win a state title in the lower weights with the tag boys, fields, fenton ,heil ,byrd, burnett, disabato, shawver,and north all coming back. its going to be a wild wrestling season coming up.
Old 05-05-17, 01:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
its going be tough for eds to win a state title in the lower weights with the tag boys, fields, fenton ,heil ,byrd, burnett, disabato, shawver,and north all coming back. its going to be a wild wrestling season coming up.
I assume that is tongue in cheek. St. Ed's will be a top 4 team (in the country) to start the year and COULD be a national title contender before year end. This team will be very good. Ed's will start the season as the clear favorite in D1. I believe Wadsworth is the second best team in the state (D1). As of now.

10 months away. A lot can happen.
Old 05-05-17, 01:27 PM
All American

[QUOTE=CuriousGeorge1;6760953]Drew Butera wrestled on this team last year as an "incoming Freshmen." He attended and wrestled for Elyria as a Freshmen.

Curious be patient. If you build it they will come! And they are coming!
Old 05-05-17, 06:07 PM
All American

Quote:
I assume that is tongue in cheek. St. Ed's will be a top 4 team (in the country) to start the year and COULD be a national title contender before year end. This team will be very good. Ed's will start the season as the clear favorite in D1. I believe Wadsworth is the second best team in the state (D1). As of now.

10 months away. A lot can happen.
hepner could be the only one to win a title in the lower weights imo. as a team I agree they will be a very good team and favorite to win D1
Old 05-05-17, 06:21 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I assume that is tongue in cheek.
Perhaps but what about, the Tagg's , Fields, Fenton, Heil, Byrd, Burnett, Disabato, Shawver, and North?
Old 05-05-17, 06:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Neverwrestled is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I woulda say it's the cost more than the academics
Old 05-05-17, 06:55 PM
Junior Varsity

What's the cost for eds now 15000 to 16000 plus transportation over four years that actually more expensive then Ohio State tuition .
Old 05-05-17, 07:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwrestled View Post
What's the cost for eds now 15000 to 16000 plus transportation over four years that actually more expensive then Ohio State tuition .
eds is where they build an academic foundation for the students future. more academic scholarships are given over wrestling scholarships.
Old 05-05-17, 07:20 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
eliwes, you quoted Neverwrestled's comment and then just posted a random comment of your own? What's the point?
Old 05-05-17, 08:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
eds is where they build an academic foundation for the students future. more academic scholarships are given over wrestling scholarships.
Agreed but can get same academics at most public school unless you make the argument with someone that is catholic
Old 05-05-17, 08:23 PM
All Region

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
hepner could be the only one to win a title in the lower weights imo. as a team I agree they will be a very good team and favorite to win D1
You must of missed the Hepner vs Fenton match few weeks ago. It's on flo if you need to see it. Unless Hepner going 113 again. I like Andonian chances what ever weight he goes he will be in the running.
Old 05-05-17, 08:26 PM
All Region

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You want a wrestling schoralship / money from Ed's just tell them your coming to E town and they will pony up the dough.