Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-11-17, 12:17 PM
Freshman

Metzger is on a distinguished road
I heard he was going to be in trouble for some inappropriate singlets worn at an offseason tournament....

He went to polish rocks someplace else I guess, some can build and work hard- take the kids that have never wrestled and turn them into good wrestlers- some don't want that hard work- they like the glory with an already great product. With the long line of personal dealings since way back at prodigy on 122 it amazes me that he gets hired. I don't know he apparently is a good coach but has baggage from his past that schools/parents do not look into- its surprising. From his college wrestling days (never wrestling in psu or iu) to his dealings with prodigy (money spent) to the springboro fiasco with zerkle, his benefit fundraising, to hopping around to schools with only great wrestlers. I don't know ask Go Green or takedown 77 those are his alias's. read those comments its laughable.
Old 08-11-17, 12:50 PM
Varsity

Smoke Screen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzger View Post
I heard he was going to be in trouble for some inappropriate singlets worn at an offseason tournament....

He went to polish rocks someplace else I guess, some can build and work hard- take the kids that have never wrestled and turn them into good wrestlers- some don't want that hard work- they like the glory with an already great product. With the long line of personal dealings since way back at prodigy on 122 it amazes me that he gets hired. I don't know he apparently is a good coach but has baggage from his past that schools/parents do not look into- its surprising. From his college wrestling days (never wrestling in psu or iu) to his dealings with prodigy (money spent) to the springboro fiasco with zerkle, his benefit fundraising, to hopping around to schools with only great wrestlers. I don't know ask Go Green or takedown 77 those are his alias's. read those comments its laughable.
Bitter much? You just laid out that Mason wasn't happy with the guy evidently, then crucify him for taking another job with huge upside. After reading your ramblings, I actually support his decision far more. Guy has issues, but what great wrestling coach doesn't in today's world? I can tell you from personal experience though that the guy puts in serious time for his kids and absolutely has their back. Leaving Mason is unfortunate for the kids left behind, but I absolutely believe LaSalle just made a great decision that could pay big dividends in the results column.
Old 08-11-17, 03:24 PM
Varsity

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Screen View Post
Bitter much? You just laid out that Mason wasn't happy with the guy evidently, then crucify him for taking another job with huge upside. After reading your ramblings, I actually support his decision far more. Guy has issues, but what great wrestling coach doesn't in today's world? I can tell you from personal experience though that the guy puts in serious time for his kids and absolutely has their back. Leaving Mason is unfortunate for the kids left behind, but I absolutely believe LaSalle just made a great decision that could pay big dividends in the results column.
Not to be argumentative but if it's true he's had issues at all of these other places wouldn't one assume he will have issues at Lasalle as well that may negate all of the big dividends? I also think you're doing a disservice to a lot of great coaches who don't have the issues you describe?
Old 08-11-17, 03:51 PM
All District

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From his college wrestling days (never wrestling in psu or iu)

Old 08-11-17, 05:45 PM
Varsity

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Man, that's right off a VHS tape!
Old 08-11-17, 10:18 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
Man, that's right off a VHS tape!
Needs a little, 'tracking.'
Old 08-12-17, 07:54 AM
All District

TakeDown77 is on a distinguished road
Metzger, what did you think of the match? Pretty tough for a true freshman.
Old 08-12-17, 10:47 AM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know ask Go Green or takedown 77 those are his alias's. read those comments its laughable.
Hmmm....
Old 08-12-17, 12:05 PM
All District

Coach JDean is on a distinguished road
No inside info here, but since all the teaching jobs have been filled with school starting next week, I'm guessing that someone who is already in the District steps up and fills in for a year (Whitney, Reid, Murnan, D.Davis-unless retired, Minner, Planicka)- all good wrestling coaches that also teach in the District. Then maybe next year they go after a more stable candidate who wants the job and is willing to stay and work in the District for a long time. Like I said, I have no inside info, just a hunch.
Old 08-12-17, 12:18 PM
Varsity

Zibroman
I vote for Whitney to step up and take the position as the interim coach....He's a great organizer, relates really well to kids and their parents. He's been around Cincy wrestling a long time and has many wrestling contacts that can assist him with the finer points of wrestling.
Old 08-12-17, 05:43 PM
Varsity

Go Green is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach JDean View Post
No inside info here, but since all the teaching jobs have been filled with school starting next week, I'm guessing that someone who is already in the District steps up and fills in for a year (Whitney, Reid, Murnan, D.Davis-unless retired, Minner, Planicka)- all good wrestling coaches that also teach in the District. Then maybe next year they go after a more stable candidate who wants the job and is willing to stay and work in the District for a long time. Like I said, I have no inside info, just a hunch.
Would have to agree.

Also wanted to point out that I'm not Coach Root. PM me if interested in talking personally.
Old 08-16-17, 05:17 PM
Freshman

BSR is on a distinguished road
Any updates on who is being considered? Seems Rico is a likely candidate. I heard they were talking to him.
Old 08-17-17, 09:48 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR View Post
Any updates on who is being considered? Seems Rico is a likely candidate. I heard they were talking to him.
That would be a big blow to Lakota in a couple ways. You would loose one of the best Wrestling Coaches in the School District and then add him to a rival school that is in the same conference. It would definitely be an upgrade for Mason.
Old 08-20-17, 03:51 PM
All Region

OHIO BEAST is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeDown77 View Post

That was a good college style match.