Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-07-17, 05:05 PM
Varsity

coachsimpson is an unknown quantity at this point
My story: Why I rode my bike 25 miles on Saturday

This is my story.

A little over one year ago (July 23, '16), my father died of Leukemia. He went fast: 18 days after diagnosis. He was a wonderful, giving man who spent every day trying to help others in his local community. We knew when he was diagnosed that he would run out of time before a cure was discovered.
I miss him every day, as do all of us, including his grandchildren. The best way to honor his memory is to live an honorable life, as he did, and help others.
Hopefully I make him proud.
I've known about Pelotonia for years but never considered riding in it - Until this year.

I wanted to do something to honor my father, and also help fund cancer research with the hope that someday, others will not have to suffer and die from it.
Hence, my daughter and I decided to take this journey (those of you who follow me on instagram: randyswrestling - already have seen some of the pics).

My daughter and I signed up for the 25 mile ride - being our first year, we didn't know what to expect. Heck, her grandmother didn't even think she could bike 25 miles!

But we did (then just for fun, we biked the extra 7 miles home).

Many people raise money for months prior to the event.

We only made the decision to participate on Friday evening - and signed up an hour before registration closed.

As you can imagine, our fundraising efforts are just beginning.

If you would like to contribute, I would be very appreciative.
NO donation is too small! Even $5 will help - and I will be very appreciative and will personally thank you.

Here's the link if you would like to contribute: http://www.pelotonia.org/randyswrestling

Note: If you contribute to the above link, the funds go directly to Pelotonia.

PS: 100% of rider proceeds go directly to cancer research.

PPS: Some folks have had trouble with the link. Not sure why that is, but you can also contribute by going to the pelotonia website: www.pelotonia.org and looking up riders. My rider ID is RS0302.
Sponsored Links