Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-28-18, 04:43 PM
Varsity

warfish is on a distinguished road
West Branch Football

When faced with mediocrity to stay idle will insure more mediocrity.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-18, 11:51 AM
Varsity

OETKB is on a distinguished road
38-42 in last 8 years.
Old 10-29-18, 03:47 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
You guys were waiting to start taking shots huh? I didn’t see your posts all year
Old 10-29-18, 04:47 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
....and 38-42 is 4 games under mediocrity.
Old 10-29-18, 06:56 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
You guys were waiting to start taking shots huh? I didnít see your posts all year
Buckeye I was thinking the exact same thing .
God knows I put my foot in my mouth quite often an could of used a little support from the WB posters. Heck I was drilled all the time . Lol
Old 10-29-18, 08:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfish View Post
When faced with mediocrity to stay idle will insure more mediocrity.
So whose to Blame ?
Iím sure the Wb fans are disappointed with the 6-4 record. I am. I truly felt the talent for a 8-2 ,possibly 9-1 season was there. So whose to Blame the head coach ? Take the Dukes game, you think the staff didnít preach all week long donít let the receivers behind you ? Salem game you donít think the players werenít show their trick plays and had the scout players running them All week? Salem game we lost our starting defensive end and corner in the first quarter and Salem capitalized on that. As a coach you can teach and prepare but you canít play the game. I would love to know the amount of missed tackles over the last 3 games. Who do we blame for that ?The team has a lot of accountability to accept as well. Do I agree with our offensive strategies I would say sometimes .Other times it looks like the allocation of talent is simply waisted. That is what I see as the Warriors downfall . The offensive package is absolutely predictable and needs overhauled.
Old 10-30-18, 06:07 AM
Freshman

BrownsCavsIndians1 is on a distinguished road
You can want a 9-1 season all you want, but truth is they probably finished where they should. 6-4 is a step in the right direction for the Warriors program that has been mediocre for the past decade.
Old 10-30-18, 06:37 PM
All District

WaRRiorFanAttic is on a distinguished road
There is a lot of talent in the Sophomore class with the junior class having a few good players as well. I believe their frosh only lost one game as well. This senior class had some decent talent with Lyons, Rastetter, Wilson, etc. but I dont believe this senior class won much coming up from middle school on.
I believe Dota has them going in the right direction, he just needs to make some changes with the offensive coachesí play calling. After watching them play Alliance and Marlington, their offense was very predictable. Just my two cents. The league and their schedule was pretty tough this year. I believe that 4 teams on their schedule are going to the playoffs....Crestview, West Holmes, Alliance and Marlington.
Old 10-31-18, 01:46 PM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
...or you could kick Alliance and Marlington out of the league
Old 10-31-18, 02:13 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
So whose to Blame ?
Iím sure the Wb fans are disappointed with the 6-4 record. I am. I truly felt the talent for a 8-2 ,possibly 9-1 season was there. So whose to Blame the head coach ? Take the Dukes game, you think the staff didnít preach all week long donít let the receivers behind you ? Salem game you donít think the players werenít show their trick plays and had the scout players running them All week? Salem game we lost our starting defensive end and corner in the first quarter and Salem capitalized on that. As a coach you can teach and prepare but you canít play the game. I would love to know the amount of missed tackles over the last 3 games. Who do we blame for that ?The team has a lot of accountability to accept as well. Do I agree with our offensive strategies I would say sometimes .Other times it looks like the allocation of talent is simply waisted. That is what I see as the Warriors downfall . The offensive package is absolutely predictable and needs overhauled.
I thought WB would struggle with Marlington, West Holmes and Salem. They are all more athletic as a team. I didn't realize the Whiting would do such a good job reloading at Alliance. 6-4 is probably where they should have finished.
Old 10-31-18, 02:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsCavsIndians1 View Post
You can want a 9-1 season all you want, but truth is they probably finished where they should. 6-4 is a step in the right direction for the Warriors program that has been mediocre for the past decade.
I agree. WB lost to 4 teams that had more talent.
Old 10-31-18, 02:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by basselope View Post
...or you could kick Alliance and Marlington out of the league
You should thank the league . Look at all the Embarrassment you’ll be saved over the next 20 years . You wont ever have to worry about going 1 and done in week 11 . Congrats on your 6-4 record this year

Last edited by warrior333; 10-31-18 at 06:19 PM. Reason: .
Old 10-31-18, 02:17 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
....and 38-42 is 4 games under mediocrity.
True but how in the heck did the Quakers to 6-4 and 2-4 in the EBC with that team?? Certainly did not reach their potential.
Old 10-31-18, 03:21 PM
All World

I would think alliance would be the favorites coming into next year, WB loses a good amount, as well as marlington.
Old 11-02-18, 08:55 PM
Freshman

dealmein is on a distinguished road
I have to admit. Until a couple of days ago I didn't have an account. I usually just trolled and read posts. I came across this one yesterday and finally decided to add my 2 cents. I have a nephew that plays at WB. I'm not going to use his name for obvious reasons. I do know his parents are extremely frustrated. I understand the frustration with all the WB football community, which is expressed by the first post and the explanation of mediocrity. I also am surprised how fast some of the respondents are to defend said mediocrity. (Obviously not WB fans) So I decided to do some research over the last couple days. I will put my findings in a couple short posts to follow.
Old 11-02-18, 09:01 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsCavsIndians1 View Post
In the last 8 years WB is 38-42 with their best record being 7-3. How a 6-4 record this year makes you feel they are moving in the right direction has me stumped. With that rational they have been moving in the right direction about every other year.
Old 11-02-18, 09:05 PM
All World

How many starters and key contributors do they lose, was this senior class big?
Old 11-02-18, 09:29 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRRiorFanAttic View Post
There is a lot of talent in the Sophomore class with the junior class having a few good players as well. I believe their frosh only lost one game as well. This senior class had some decent talent with Lyons, Rastetter, Wilson, etc. but I dont believe this senior class won much coming up from middle school on.
I believe Dota has them going in the right direction, he just needs to make some changes with the offensive coaches’ play calling. After watching them play Alliance and Marlington, their offense was very predictable. Just my two cents. The league and their schedule was pretty tough this year. I believe that 4 teams on their schedule are going to the playoffs....Crestview, West Holmes, Alliance and Marlington.
The league and their schedule was pretty tough this year.

Let's look at this statement a bit closer.
1. If you look at the non-league games wonin the EBC, I believe there were 13, those teams had a combined record was 58-66. Hardly a stellar performance by a TOUGH league!
2. If you look at the EBC as a whole versus non-conference opponents they were 13-15. Give credit to Alliance and Marlington for playing good competition in their non-conference schedule. Others...take a close look. Salem and WB had 3 non-conference opponents that were less than let's say...competitive?

Last edited by dealmein; 11-02-18 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-02-18, 09:33 PM
Freshman

I'm not sure but I want to say like 14-16 seniors.
Old 11-02-18, 09:40 PM
Freshman

I just saw that WB hasn't made the playoffs since 2007? That's crazy for a program like that. No wonder people are frustrated. I guess I have to agree with the post that started this thread. As sad as it is to admit (and the stats support it)for a program like WB...mediocrity isn't acceptable for their fan base. It is nice for the new big boys on the block!
Old 11-02-18, 09:40 PM
All Region

mrroosevelt is on a distinguished road
"Ditto"......from dealmein's post above.

I almost spit out my drink when I read someone say the league was pretty tough this year. No real good team in the EBC this year.....a couple above average teams, a couple other mediocre at best, and some real bad ones.
Old 11-02-18, 10:02 PM
Varsity

6-4 is just treading water. I believe 16 Srís, could be off a little. I would bet that would be the most in the league. The old saying is that you win with Srís and you should. I also agree league isnít strong right now the 2 teams that made the playoffs lost tonight. Louisville would have run the table if this was still the NBC, and they finished 5-5, I think. 8 yrs and havenít sniffed the playoffs. I am not here head hunting the WB coaches I know are good people. God bless anyone that gives their time for very little pay but sometimes things donít work out and change is needed. That is if you want things to be different. If not then expect the same results. 8 years is a pretty good sample size. It can be better , it has been better, but it will be the same if nothing changes.
Old 11-03-18, 05:44 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
You guys were waiting to start taking shots huh? I didnít see your posts all year
Thank you for pointing out that I donít post very often. My original post wasnít a knee jerk post. If I donít have anything important or relevant to say I try and keep it to myself. I just wanted to know if just being okay was okay. If it is we should just end this thread and move on, if not what can be done. Okay doesnít sit well with me but maybe it does with you and that is ďokayĒ.
Old 11-03-18, 07:41 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you for pointing out that I donít post very often. My original post wasnít a knee jerk post. If I donít have anything important or relevant to say I try and keep it to myself. I just wanted to know if just being okay was okay. If it is we should just end this thread and move on, if not what can be done. Okay doesnít sit well with me but maybe it does with you and that is ďokayĒ.

Sometimes being okay is all you can do. Sometimes itís about the jimmyís and joes, not the xís and oís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-18, 10:45 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Sometimes being okay is all you can do. Sometimes itís about the jimmyís and joes, not the xís and oís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would agree with your statement 100%.
The first half of the season the offensive play calling was utilizing those Jimmyís and Joes. The problem was Two of them were Sophomores making the big plays scoring the TDís . Most all the Photo in the papers were those two. I donít have a problem with this at all. Play your best 11 kids . Then something changed and it became noticeable the Xís and Oís veered . When someone elects not to run # 20 , 10-15 times a game or get the ball in #23ís hands is beyond me.
Old 11-03-18, 11:51 AM
All Ohio

warriordad is on a distinguished road
when u have a 6'5 wr that has a 6" or more advantage over the cb and only throw to him a handful times or less the whole season, thats coaching.
I think 8 years for any coach is more than plenty of time to turn things around. the question is, who do you get? I say it's time for Greg Sharp tp get a shot.

Last edited by warriordad; 11-03-18 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-03-18, 12:11 PM
Varsity

“Success it’s what you do with what you got”
Woody Hayes
Old 11-03-18, 12:22 PM
All Ohio

warriordad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ďSuccess itís what you do with what you gotĒ
Woody Hayes
Thats why Coach Laut was so successful.
Old 11-03-18, 12:30 PM
Varsity

I don’t believe in always blaming the kids. It’s about what you do with the Jimmys and Joe’s. I want to see the Jimmys and Joe’s get better, show improvement from game one to game ten. I know the better players you have the more games you should win. I am concerned about getting better week to week. You have to play with the kids you have, bottom line. Laut had 25+ seasons without a losing season. He must have had a lot better Jimmys and Joe’s.

Last edited by warfish; 11-03-18 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-03-18, 06:53 PM
Varsity

If there is a change have a plan. If not good luck Warriors win them all and prove me wrong.