Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-13-17, 01:17 AM
Freshman

123baseball is on a distinguished road
Good 17u/18u teams????

Are there any good affordable 17u/18u summer teams near shaker heights and playing in perfect game tournaments. Please email me @ Necumbabooker1@gmail.com
To let me know of tryout dates
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-17, 07:03 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
Don't know really how important it is to live close to any travel team, as most 17/18 U teams mostly play tournaments, and field locations can vary accordingly. I would recommend both Ohio Elite and Ohio Longhorns for 17/18 U. Longhorns play a very competitive tournament schedule, and are very reasonably priced. They also have become very competitive in tournament play. Ohio Elite will probably travel more and require more hotel stays out of state, but is a quality proven organization. I'm sure you could refer to threads on Yappi, or each organization's web site for try out info.
Old 07-13-17, 11:03 AM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
The Triple Crown Royals are quickly becoming one of the top organizations in the state. they have a tryout notice posted here. The guys that run it were once involved with another of the big boys in the state before starting out on their own.
Old 07-13-17, 11:50 PM
Freshman

123baseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitnrun View Post
Don't know really how important it is to live close to any travel team, as most 17/18 U teams mostly play tournaments, and field locations can vary accordingly. I would recommend both Ohio Elite and Ohio Longhorns for 17/18 U. Longhorns play a very competitive tournament schedule, and are very reasonably priced. They also have become very competitive in tournament play. Ohio Elite will probably travel more and require more hotel stays out of state, but is a quality proven organization. I'm sure you could refer to threads on Yappi, or each organization's web site for try out info.
I would like to live close so he can attend winter workouts.
Old 07-14-17, 05:17 AM
Freshman

seetheball2 is on a distinguished road
Get a room.

which longhorns or elite team do you coach?
Old 07-14-17, 05:20 AM
Freshman

seetheball2 is on a distinguished road
Elite and Longhorns get a room already.

The self promotion is obvious. Great players get found! Work on getting better at Earn It Athletic Academy. EIAA and DHC offer amazing training and more. Any Diamond League team at 17/18 level is where players need to be. There are also some amazing local tournaments that have many colleges coming out to watch.
Old 07-14-17, 08:15 AM
All Ohio

Coach neither, lol. Hard to beat a program which is run by a respected guy like Aaron DeBoard, offers off season training in a first class facility, no daddy coaches, competitive tournaments and league schedule, has their own showcase event co sponsored w/ Ohio Elite (at no additional expense), attended by around 50 college coaches, offers hands on recruiting assistance with college coaches, which is reflected in the number of kids from their 18 U team are committed to various colleges next season. Oh yea, they provide all of this, plus uni's for about half the cost of other comparable organizations. What's not to like about that?
Old 07-14-17, 08:29 AM
All Ohio

Great players get found when they put themselves in a position to be seen by multiple college coaches. Multiple college coaches don't hang out much at your local muni like tournaments, especially at the 17 U level, which is the most important age or any kid looking to be recruited. Sure you may see a couple of local college guys, but nothing compared to some of the larger tournaments. Plus you often don't have to travel multi states away. There are multiple colleges from Ohio and surrounding states who scout tournaments such as the Worthington Bat, Buckeye Elite, Cinn Flames, Black Swamp, as an example. But please quit peddling that old belief that if you are good enough, they will find you. Problem with that isn't that a kid might not be good enough, but it's hard to be found when so few are looking. Also, I have alot of respect for the Diamond League, and it's history in N.E. Ohio, but I could probably count on one hand the number of college scouts I have seen at multiple Diamond League games this summer.