Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-17, 09:24 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Cavs Players Tell Jimmy Butler to Stay Away

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...ile-situation/

WOW! Sounds like Dan Gilbert has royally F'ed this up as the organization seems to be unraveling for no apparent reason.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-22-17, 09:30 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Yeah but joesports said the Cavs aren't a mess so checkmate, Winston.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-22-17, 09:40 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,037
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...ile-situation/

WOW! Sounds like Dan Gilbert has royally F'ed this up as the organization seems to be unraveling for no apparent reason.
Joe Cowley, a Kent State graduate rejected by Cleveland media outlets, still salty, and shilling for the Bulls from the Chicago Sun-Times has zero credibility on this one He has a history of slamming NEO that would rival you 'Nati-mob-clone goofs. Nice try
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-17, 09:47 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Nice try? CBS Sports is the one posting the story. And in case you've missed it, I have rooted for the Cavs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-17, 11:47 AM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,813
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
This story has already been revoked. This is old news that is not true, like 99% of the rumors out there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-17, 11:55 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Link, madge? Hadn't seen it revoked yet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-22-17, 12:54 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 15,669
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
I rarely take stories at face value any more. Sounds like this article is speculating based off another newspaper's speculations. Journalism in newspapers is dead
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-22-17, 01:40 PM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 11,598
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...ile-situation/

WOW! Sounds like Dan Gilbert has royally F'ed this up as the organization seems to be unraveling for no apparent reason.
The haters grasping at anything
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-17, 02:01 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,283
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Yeah but joesports said the Cavs aren't a mess so checkmate, Winston.
Yea, your right ... I hate that they have only been to the finals 3 straight year and only won one ... complete mess!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-17, 02:15 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Just because the best player in the NBA was born 45 minutes away does not mean the front office is not a complete mess.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-22-17, 03:26 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,283
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Just because the best player in the NBA was born 45 minutes away does not mean the front office is not a complete mess.
So why is it a mess?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-17, 06:46 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
You've been told this multiple times now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-22-17, 09:11 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,813
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Link, madge? Hadn't seen it revoked yet.
https://www.google.com/amp/nesn.com/...stay-away/amp/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-22-17, 09:22 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,283
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
You've been told this multiple times now.
Well enlighten me how both of these can be true

Quote:
]I agree. In the context of the NBA I don't think anyone knows anything about David Griffith even to this day. However, lots of people knew plenty about David Griffin before he was hired by the Cavs.

And I agree that just because they parted ways with a GM does not necessarily mean they are a mess. But in this case, they are absolutely a mess. He's one of the best GMs in the NBA, highly regarded among every FO, days before the draft, in the midst of making trade calls, whiles being denied the opportunity to interview elsewhere.
Quote:
Just because the best player in the NBA was born 45 minutes away does not mean the front office is not a complete mess.
How can the only reason the Cavs be in the finals because they were lucky to have LeBron born in Akron and yet David Griffith also be "one of the best GMs in the NBA"?

It confuses me how a GM can be sooo great and yet LeBron is the only reason they made the finals???
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-23-17, 06:28 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Lebron gets them to the finals. The moves Griffin made (listed in the other thread) won them the title last year. Without Kevin Love, JR Smith and Richard Jefferson the Cavs likely don't win a title last year. I'm honestly impressed with your stupidity.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-23-17, 06:33 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-23-17, 07:10 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,037
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I wonder if either Griffin or Gilbert had a handshake agreement with Love not to trade him, and a differing opinion by Griffin over Love's future in Cleveland blew things up ?

Still no official word on what Griff wanted for length of contract and $. Just a bunch of guessing.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-23-17, 07:13 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I wonder if either Griffin or Gilbert had a handshake agreement with Love not to trade him, and a differing opinion by Griffin over Love's future in Cleveland blew things up ?

Still no official word on what Griff wanted for length of contract and $. Just a bunch of guessing.
Obviously he was asking for too much guaranteed money.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-23-17, 07:26 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,037
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Obviously he was asking for too much guaranteed money.
Aren't all exec contracts are guaranteed ?

3 bouts with cancer for Griffin since '06 IIRC. I bet Griff wanted 5 years. $35 million total ?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-23-17, 07:27 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Aren't all exec contracts are guaranteed ?
I don't know, but he obviously asked for too much of it.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-23-17, 07:33 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,037
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I don't know, but he obviously asked for too much of it.
As I pointed out, a fundamental difference over Love's future could have been a sticking point. It's been widely reported that the two men had a major difference of opinion as to which direction to go with the roster.

Tell me you aren't trying to compare a creative and successful NBA GM to an inept NFL QB. Not even you are that stupid......are you ?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-23-17, 07:44 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
As I pointed out, a fundamental difference over Love's future could have been a sticking point. It's been widely reported that the two men had a major difference of opinion as to which direction to go with the roster.

Tell me you aren't trying to compare a creative and successful NBA GM to an inept NFL QB. Not even you are that stupid......are you ?
It's obviously over money. Griffin is asking for too much.

Btw, I like how he's "creative and successful" now, but you didn't get the disappointment over him getting canned in an earlier post.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-23-17, 09:31 AM
bedevil's Avatar
bedevil bedevil is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-03-03
Location: The First Tee
Posts: 10,291
bedevil is on a distinguished road
This is cocktail party psychiatry, but I think it was more ego than economics. On both sides. I wouldn't have been surprised if Griffin asked for more power, as well as more money. It's no secret Dan Gilbert is a pain in the arse to work for. With that in mind, maybe Griffin pointed to his track record and asked that he have more autonomy to run the team. Gilbert is the owner and he can be as meddlesome as he wants, but Griffin, as the architect of the championship team, felt he was within reason to ask Gilbert to dial it down. It just doesn't make any sense for Gilbert to jettison the guy over money. He is still paying Mike Brown, David Blatt and a few players no longer with the team, so money doesn't seem to be an issue. Maybe Gilbert thought Griffin was getting too much credit and wanted too much authority. Whatever the reason, it makes Gilbert look bad, in my eyes, and it can't sit well with the players that Gilbert once again refuses to extend a GM. So much for stability.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-23-17, 09:43 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,037
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
It's obviously over money. Griffin is asking for too much.

Btw, I like how he's "creative and successful" now, but you didn't get the disappointment over him getting canned in an earlier post.
Creative and successful could easily describe half the NBA GMs

None of what is known as fact justified the Cleveland radio freakout that I commented on and you probably didn't hear, so a nice try by your standards, but another obvious fail by you.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-23-17, 10:48 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Creative and successful could easily describe half the NBA GMs

None of what is known as fact justified the Cleveland radio freakout that I commented on and you probably didn't hear, so a nice try by your standards, but another obvious fail by you.
that's not even a good try by your standards.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-23-17, 10:49 AM
joesports joesports is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,283
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Lebron gets them to the finals. The moves Griffin made (listed in the other thread) won them the title last year. Without Kevin Love, JR Smith and Richard Jefferson the Cavs likely don't win a title last year. I'm honestly impressed with your stupidity.
... and you are the expert on stupid!!!!!!!!


My point was there was more to it than just James.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-23-17, 11:20 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
... and you are the expert on stupid!!!!!!!!


My point was there was more to it than just James.
Ha! Highly ironic. Coming from the guy that is unable to make a viable counterargument for anything I've said and who doesn't even know the name of the GM who is being discussed.

More to it than just LeBron on getting to the Finals? No it isn't. It's common knowledge in the NBA that a player enters their prime around 25-26. I suggest you look to see how old LeBron was in 2010-2011, the first season of his 7 year run to the Finals. More to it than LeBron in winning the Finals? Obviously, which is why it's possible for both of my statements to be true. Griffin much like Riley, another amazing GM, put them over the top by getting the right pieces around LeBron.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-23-17, 01:04 PM
joesports joesports is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Posts: 2,283
joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Ha! Highly ironic. Coming from the guy that is unable to make a viable counterargument for anything I've said and who doesn't even know the name of the GM who is being discussed.

More to it than just LeBron on getting to the Finals? No it isn't. It's common knowledge in the NBA that a player enters their prime around 25-26. I suggest you look to see how old LeBron was in 2010-2011, the first season of his 7 year run to the Finals. More to it than LeBron in winning the Finals? Obviously, which is why it's possible for both of my statements to be true. Griffin much like Riley, another amazing GM, put them over the top by getting the right pieces around LeBron.
So put LeBron on the Suns and they would magically run through the Western Conference to the finals ... so if it is "common knowledge" that a player enters their prime around 25-26, how come the greatest player in the NBA history (MJ) could not lead his team to the finals until he was 28 years old? That seems odd or could it be you made up that age just to fit your argument?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-23-17, 01:42 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
So put LeBron on the Suns and they would magically run through the Western Conference to the finals ... so if it is "common knowledge" that a player enters their prime around 25-26, how come the greatest player in the NBA history (MJ) could not lead his team to the finals until he was 28 years old? That seems odd or could it be you made up that age just to fit your argument?
Nah, but if you put LeBron on any team in the East he makes it to the Finals next year. But putting LeBron on the Suns means they make a run to the WCF.

Wait, you think the definition of prime is "first time a player makes it to the finals?" Welp, I guess Steve Nash, Chris Paul, George Gervin and Dominique Wilkins never had a prime timeframe of their careers since they never made the Finals. Kobe's prime was obviously in 1999-2000 when he was 21, that was his first finals trip! Clyde Drexler's prime came at the ripe old age of 32 when he first made it to the Finals. (pst, maybe check out Jordan's stats from 1988-89 and 1989-90 seasons).
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-23-17, 01:53 PM
tallmadge H2 dad tallmadge H2 dad is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-22-05
Location: T-town via the Archbishop
Posts: 11,813
tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
joesports, I love ya man, but you should quit while you're ahead on this one. Taco has you buried.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooperstown players needed! MikeSkripac Baseball 29 10-02-17 12:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz