Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-29-17, 07:56 PM
All Region

Finishtiming is on a distinguished road
State Meet "Live Results" Links

Seated
http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/20170210

Div 1
http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/20170211

Div 2
http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/20170212

Div 3
http://live.finishtiming.com/#/results/meet/20170213

or just go to
http://live.finishtiming.com

for all links on one page

There will be something special this year during field events. Make sure you check out the button at the top of the division that is running field events at that time "Live events"
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-17, 03:28 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Thanks for these links. Great way to follow the events and see results.

Congratulations to the SVSM athletes who are sitting atop the standings in today's preliminary events.
Old 06-14-17, 09:17 PM
All Region

We have been adding some things to our live results since the state meet and there are some things most of you will really find interesting. Go back to the live results links and now click the team scores link and then the team scores breakdown. If anyone has any suggestions or anything they find dows not work just let me know.

http://live.finishtiming.com

mike@finishtiming.com
Old 06-14-17, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

madman is on a distinguished road
Nice job on everything.

Suggestion - "unofficial" splits on the relays.
Old 06-14-17, 11:52 PM
All Ohio

Run4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
Nice job on everything.

and distance races.
Old 06-15-17, 07:02 AM
All Region

I'm no quite sure why it needs to say unofficial since it was done with a camera and each runner is verified. They are more official than your stopwatch. If I put the word unofficial anywhere on that screen than people will think results are unofficial. Never good to put unofficial on a final result page. I am just speaking from experience of the parent calls we received when we used to do that.
Old 06-15-17, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nice job on everything.

Madman, I'm probably not telling you anything you didn't already know, but for those who don't know:

Of the splits they post, the only splits that wouldn't be 100% accurate would be the 1st and 2nd runners' splits on the 4x4 (except for lane 1) since the split is taken at the finish line rather than at the 1-turn stagger line (where the 1st runner's 400m actually ends). As a result, the 1st runner's split is fast (really fast if you're in lane 9), and the 2nd runner's split is slow (really slow if you're in lane 9).

All other splits should be fine since all the staggers are complete by the 1st time the runners pass the finish line.
Old 06-15-17, 09:34 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4Life View Post
and distance races.
There are splits posted for the distance events.
Old 06-15-17, 09:41 AM
Junior Varsity

xcrunner19 is on a distinguished road
Can the splits for the relays be posted?
Old 06-15-17, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunner19 View Post
Can the splits for the relays be posted?
Use the live results links from the 1st page of this thread. They have splits for the distance races and 4x4 from Saturday's finals.

They do not have splits from the 4x8 or the 4x4 prelims on Friday.
Old 06-15-17, 02:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Use the live results links from the 1st page of this thread. They have splits for the distance races and 4x4 from Saturday's finals.

They do not have splits from the 4x8 or the 4x4 prelims on Friday.
We did not get 4x8 or 4x4 prelims because the clerks did not put number on each runner and we cannot determine from uniform only with having 16 different teams on the track at a time.
Old 06-16-17, 08:48 AM
All Ohio

I said unofficial because I don't think there's any official way to take splits on relays. Would you time the leading edge of the baton? The chest of the out going runner regardless of whether they have the baton? I usually time splits by when the baton crosses the line, but am not aware of any official procedure approved by a governing body.
Old 06-16-17, 09:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
I said unofficial because I don't think there's any official way to take splits on relays. Would you time the leading edge of the baton? The chest of the out going runner regardless of whether they have the baton? I usually time splits by when the baton crosses the line, but am not aware of any official procedure approved by a governing body.
The chest of the runner with the baton is what you time. Only first split is off in 4x4 for all lanes but lane 1 and the rest would still be chest at the line each time they cross.
Old 06-19-17, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finishtiming View Post
The chest of the runner with the baton is what you time. Only first split is off in 4x4 for all lanes but lane 1 and the rest would still be chest at the line each time they cross.
For sure this is a reasonable opinion and procedure, but is there any documentation from a governing body that makes this an official procedure for track and field at any level?

What if the exchange occurs as the baton is crossing the line? There is the instance where the outgoing runner doesn't quite have the baton and an instant later when they do. That's a distance of ~1 meter from one chest to the other. Even at 10 m/s that's ~0.1 sec How can you have an official time when an instant becomes a difference of ~0.1 sec?
Old 06-19-17, 12:20 PM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For sure this is a reasonable opinion and procedure, but is there any documentation from a governing body that makes this an official procedure for track and field at any level?

What if the exchange occurs as the baton is crossing the line? There is the instance where the outgoing runner doesn't quite have the baton and an instant later when they do. That's a distance of ~1 meter from one chest to the other. Even at 10 m/s that's ~0.1 sec How can you have an official time when an instant becomes a difference of ~0.1 sec?
I think you are overthinking this. Everyone realizes that getting splits is far from an exact science.
Old 06-19-17, 02:15 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
I think you are overthinking this. Everyone realizes that getting splits is far from an exact science.
Probably. It wouldn't be the first time, but I was curious why Finishtiming thought there wouldn't be any need to call splits unofficial since they were "done with a camera and each runner is verified." His response seemed to imply that there was an "official" way to take splits. If that really existed, I assumed he would be the guy to know.
Old 06-19-17, 09:21 PM
All Region

Splits are done many different ways and there is no official way to do them. Since you only have a camera at the finishline then that is your point to take them from, no different than when you are using a stopwatch. There are some meets that have used a chip timing system to do this also and it is less accurate. Our results do not say unofficial or official so not sure why it needs to say either word as this will just confuse people looking at them. If you say official then it is taken as the gospel and a very fast split will them become that athletes entry time into another meet. If you say unofficial then the parents call me asking why all the results say unofficial. That is why we do not word it with those words on any splits.