Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Predict the results of the 2017 NBA Finals
Warriors in 7. 2 6.45%
Warriors in 6. 6 19.35%
Warriors in 5 or less. 10 32.26%
Cavs in 5 or less. 1 3.23%
Cavs in 6. 5 16.13%
Cavs in 7. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-31-17, 06:45 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,040
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Two years ago, GS was clearly the better team given the injuries to the Cavs. Last year, they were very even. Since then the Warriors have added a top 5 player to their roster, while the Cavs have improved their bench. I love what the Cavs have done, but I think the addition of Durant outweighs the improvements to the Cavs bench.

I hope to hell I am wrong, but I think the Warriors win this one. Certainly, Curry could wilt under the Finals pressure as he has before, Durant could fold under the pressure or Mike Brown could be Mike Brown, but I see GS as the favorite. With any luck, someone unexpected on the Cavs has the series of his life and makes the difference.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 05-31-17, 06:47 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Agree, apparently they need to treat Cleveland fans like they are 10-15, given how much you guys are crying over this. Christ.
Cincinnati had an NBA team for about 15 years, but the franchise decided that Kansas City and Omaha looked better than the nasty 'nati. Freaking Omaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento_Kings
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-31-17, 06:57 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Cincinnati had an NBA team for about 15 years, but the franchise decided that Kansas City and Omaha looked better than the nasty 'nati. Freaking Omaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento_Kings
Sick burn. Obviously upset about my post.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-01-17, 06:41 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Sick burn. Obviously upset about my post.
Just pointing out how funny it is that the NBA ditched your town

It's a pretty sad indictment of your existence in here that you so desperately need to believe that I'm upset.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-01-17, 07:06 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I don't need to believe it as much as just noting a fact that you made that comment because your panties were in a bunch about mine. Pretty obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-01-17, 08:21 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I'm not trying to imply "addition by subtraction" in the exercise of looking at those teams without those stars. I'm just saying that, especially at OKC, the remaining guys might play more meaningfully without watching their star do his trick night in and night out. More complete basketball. Whereas Lebron does more to improve the play of his team mates.
Fair enough. Especially with OKC you may have a point. Though a lot of those guys struggle to create their own shot, so having Russ create opportunities for them helps. He doesn't have the court vision that LBJ has and doesn't look to pass first either.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-01-17, 08:51 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 7,627
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Lebron cancels Durant
Kyrie cancels Curry
Love cancels Green
Klay over JR

Cavs 2nd team over Golden State's 2nd team

Williams
Korver
Frye
Chumpert
Jefferson
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-01-17, 09:30 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I don't need to believe it as much as just noting a fact that you made that comment because your panties were in a bunch about mine. Pretty obvious.
The only thing that's obvious is that you have some bizarre need to feel as if you are irritating people in here. It's really important to you.

It's also pretty obvious that this need of yours must relate to some unresolved childhood issues. Poor li'l _poser
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-01-17, 09:41 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Fair enough. Especially with OKC you may have a point. Though a lot of those guys struggle to create their own shot, so having Russ create opportunities for them helps. He doesn't have the court vision that LBJ has and doesn't look to pass first either.
It's pretty fortunate for the rest of the NBA that Westbrooks, Durant, and Harden couldn't coexist. Put them out there with Ibaka and Adams, all 5 I believe drafted by OKC, and no one holds up.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-01-17, 09:42 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 2,155
WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
I do find it funny that EP used to be a big LBJ fan, making his case as best in the game, etc. Seems once he went back to Cleveland he changed his tune on that, despite LBJ's game staying the same or maybe even improving.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-01-17, 09:44 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I do find it funny that EP used to be a big LBJ fan, making his case as best in the game, etc. Seems once he went back to Cleveland he changed his tune on that, despite LBJ's game staying the same or maybe even improving.
Can there be any doubt ?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-01-17, 09:46 AM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 15,686
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Golden state in 5 games it a total mismatch.Cavs will lose big time.i know basketball.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-01-17, 09:48 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Golden state in 5 games it a total mismatch.Cavs will lose big time.i know basketball.
yeah you do brian!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-01-17, 09:51 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It's pretty fortunate for the rest of the NBA that Westbrooks, Durant, and Harden couldn't coexist. Put them out there with Ibaka and Adams, all 5 I believe drafted by OKC, and no one holds up.
They gave up on Harden pretty fast. They clearly knew they couldn't pay all 3, but a year after making the Finals (where Harden was their best player) and they blow it up. Head-scratching to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-01-17, 09:53 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Golden state in 5 games it a total mismatch.Cavs will lose big time.i know basketball.
Kiss of death for GS right there. Now when the Cavs win we'll know why. The brian curse.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-01-17, 09:58 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Kiss of death for GS right there. Now when the Cavs win we'll know why. The brian curse.
Brian has single-handedly cost Nordonia two DII football titles. He is a one-man maloika of Doom. Warriors are through now.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-01-17, 10:20 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
The only thing that's obvious is that you have some bizarre need to feel as if you are irritating people in here. It's really important to you.

It's also pretty obvious that this need of yours must relate to some unresolved childhood issues. Poor li'l _poser
Wow, I had no idea my offhand comment would have touched such a nerve with you. Pretty funny.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-01-17, 10:23 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I do find it funny that EP used to be a big LBJ fan, making his case as best in the game, etc. Seems once he went back to Cleveland he changed his tune on that, despite LBJ's game staying the same or maybe even improving.
I still think Lebron is the most dominant player in the NBA.

I also think Curry had a historic season last year that ranks up there in the all-time.

Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-01-17, 10:26 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
They gave up on Harden pretty fast. They clearly knew they couldn't pay all 3, but a year after making the Finals (where Harden was their best player) and they blow it up. Head-scratching to say the least.
100% financial. Clay Bennett, owner, is cheap. But to be fair that was before the market totally blew up.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-01-17, 11:51 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Wow, I had no idea my offhand comment would have touched such a nerve with you. Pretty funny.
If mere responses signify agitation to you, at 65k you are obviously the most butthurt poster on yappi.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-01-17, 12:09 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
100% financial. Clay Bennett, owner, is cheap. But to be fair that was before the market totally blew up.
For sure. Wonder if they chose Harden over Westbrook how the two teams would look now. Would OKC have been any better with Harden and Durant? Would Durant have stayed? Would Westbrook have told Houston to F this and head to LA in free agency?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-01-17, 12:44 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
If mere responses signify agitation to you, at 65k you are obviously the most butthurt poster on yappi.
Repeated responses and the lame attempt to "get me" with the Royals history indicates you are in fact upset by my comment.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-01-17, 03:07 PM
wolves82 wolves82 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 356
wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Lots of "LeBron vs Jordan", "Lebron is MVP", and some personal insults on this thread. Very little analysis of the matchup, except for this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Lebron cancels Durant
Kyrie cancels Curry
Love cancels Green
Klay over JR

Cavs 2nd team over Golden State's 2nd team (Williams, Korver, Frye, Chumpert, Jefferson
I happen to mostly agree with this. You want LBJ or Durant? I'll take LBJ for sure. You want Kyrie or Curry? I'll take Kyrie, he schooled Curry last year.

Love/Green is interesting. Love shoots better, rebounding even, Green plays great defense. Call it a toss-up. Klay is the 4th GS all-star and better than any other guard we can put out there, certainly better than JR Smith. But Tristan Thompson is light years better than Zaza. So lets call the starters even.

Cavs bench way better than GSW. And there is only one LeBron. Give me Cavs in 6.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-01-17, 03:17 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Lots of "LeBron vs Jordan", "Lebron is MVP", and some personal insults on this thread. Very little analysis of the matchup, except for this one:
Well it's been a week since a game was playeded. Did you really expect anything less?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-01-17, 04:39 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Repeated responses and the lame attempt to "get me" with the Royals history indicates you are in fact upset by my comment.
You are incorrect
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-01-17, 04:46 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
For sure. Wonder if they chose Harden over Westbrook how the two teams would look now. Would OKC have been any better with Harden and Durant? Would Durant have stayed? Would Westbrook have told Houston to F this and head to LA in free agency?
All great questions. Myself as GM or owner, given that Harden and Westbrooks are most similar, would have asked Durant if one or the other was more likely to keep him in OKC or at least was a preferred team mate. That is assuming a willingness to spend enough to keep two stars.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-01-17, 05:10 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
Lots of "LeBron vs Jordan", "Lebron is MVP", and some personal insults on this thread. Very little analysis of the matchup, except for this one:



I happen to mostly agree with this. You want LBJ or Durant? I'll take LBJ for sure. You want Kyrie or Curry? I'll take Kyrie, he schooled Curry last year.

Love/Green is interesting. Love shoots better, rebounding even, Green plays great defense. Call it a toss-up. Klay is the 4th GS all-star and better than any other guard we can put out there, certainly better than JR Smith. But Tristan Thompson is light years better than Zaza. So lets call the starters even.

Cavs bench way better than GSW. And there is only one LeBron. Give me Cavs in 6.
And I happen to mostly agree with this. Klay and JR both will have their highest consistent value defensively, and both are streaky guys that can score a tremendous amount of points quickly but can't be counted on to do so. Offensively, that can even be said of Curry, but he is the weakest starting defender for both teams.

The fact that Kyrie has made Curry crap his pants ever since KI owned Curry for a week with Team USA - he made him pack his bags and call his Daddy - isn't discussed at all in the media doesn't negate the fact that Kyrie can call that back up on the floor any time he wants it. Last year may have got in Curry's head even worse. Curry's Kryptonite.

The best shooting weapon on the floor may be too great a defensive liability to play much. I can't wait to see when and with whom Lue decides to use Korver in this series. The Cav's absolutely neutralized Korver years past when he was with Atlanta. He's become an even quicker spot shooter since joining the Cavs, and the Warriors can't quite afford to dog him like the Cavs did because he's on a better squad now. I think timing will be everything with Korver.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-01-17, 05:12 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,053
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Will Green be desperate enough to do any grundle-grabbin' this year ?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-01-17, 06:55 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
For sure. Wonder if they chose Harden over Westbrook how the two teams would look now. Would OKC have been any better with Harden and Durant? Would Durant have stayed? Would Westbrook have told Houston to F this and head to LA in free agency?
It's definitely one of my favorite "what ifs" to think about with the NBA. It could have gone in a million different directions. Would the Rockets have wanted Westbrook? Would he have gone elsewhere? The make up of the Thunder would have been different, I would think. Do the Thunder try to put Harden at PG like Houston has this year? Lots of things to think about.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-01-17, 06:56 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
All great questions. Myself as GM or owner, given that Harden and Westbrooks are most similar, would have asked Durant if one or the other was more likely to keep him in OKC or at least was a preferred team mate. That is assuming a willingness to spend enough to keep two stars.
My guess was, in 2012, Durant had no thoughts of leaving. Or at least none he would have mentioned to the FO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz