Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-17-17, 01:43 PM
All American

trey2k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Elder has typically not handled change well, but the powers at be aren't sitting idly by or ignoring their lack of success..
I'm not disagreeing...but how would the general alum population know if this statement is true or not?

Everything looks pretty much the same to me...still get the same letters, still have the same events, still get the same publications. Nothing has changed in 20 years. If they are doing things differently, they need to let people know. People will get behind change if they feel it would provide an uptick in athletics.
Old 07-17-17, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
This is a good point. This site was always a fun read with passionate, informed discussions among the Elder faithful. Although not an Elder fan it was fun to read the discussions that used to occur in this forum.

I am not close enough to Elder to know if fan support has waned due to the recent results in the big sports. The support Elder receives from its fan base always struck me as driven by loyalty and passion as opposed to the results on the field. That is not to diminish the impact winning has on fan support, but it certainly did not strike me as the primary driver. I hope the Elder faithful return to this board as football season heats up
The board will be back to normal banter come September. While there may not be as many posters as there once were, there will still be 10-15 discussing the Friday night result within a few days.
Old 07-17-17, 06:55 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jteegardner View Post
Do you see the pattern here? Every post is always a sparring session between Trey and Descartes. This Yappi Elder site has very little activity among the other Elder posters. I honestly believe its because no one want to read the constant bickering between these two. If I was new to this area and was considering Elder and read this non-sense, I would have 2nd thoughts about Elder. Yeah I know a reasonable person does not place his/her knowledge on Yappi alone but really people, you make Elder look stupid?
You have to ignore Decartes. That guy is a moron. He adds nothing and takes away a lot. If you get by him it becomes better.

I don't know much about the Trey guy yet, but it is easy to ignore him too if he becomes a problem.

I would rather read 1 post from you, than 1000 from Descartes. You just have to read the name first than decided to read of not read. If you feed a stray cat, it will come back. If you don't it will go away. I suggest no one respond to him.
Old 07-17-17, 07:01 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
You have to ignore Decartes. That guy is a moron. He adds nothing and takes away a lot. If you get by him it becomes better.

I don't know much about the Trey guy yet, but it is easy to ignore him too if he becomes a problem.

I would rather read 1 post from you, than 1000 from Descartes. You just have to read the name first than decided to read of not read. If you feed a stray cat, it will come back. If you don't it will go away. I suggest no one respond to him.
I like the merry go round at Smale park.
Old 07-17-17, 07:04 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
The board will be back to normal banter come September. While there may not be as many posters as there once were, there will still be 10-15 discussing the Friday night result within a few days.
I agree. I Like football the most, but I want basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, golf, and any other sport Elder plays to do well. If something strikes me, I will go to another sporting event, but I mainly like football. Ehsports.com does a good job of keeping people updated on what is going on. Add in Twitter and Facebook and you get a lot of info. Yappi has more competition today then it did 15 years ago.

This part of the year is sort of the dead time. We know the schedule. We have talked about who is historically good, who had good teams last year that are returning some good people. Now we just have to wait till August 25th.

I care about Elder, I don't really care about Indian Lake or Zanesville, so I don't read the football form.

This thread was suppose to be abotu Kevin Espelage. I hope he does a good job. I wonder what he will do with the football schedule? My guess he will continue to find the best games he can. The AD at Elder doesn't have an easy job.
Old 07-17-17, 09:18 PM
Freshman

Panthers0100 is on a distinguished road
Tired of it too

Quote:
Do you see the pattern here? Every post is always a sparring session between Trey and Descartes. This Yappi Elder site has very little activity among the other Elder posters. I honestly believe its because no one want to read the constant bickering between these two. If I was new to this area and was considering Elder and read this non-sense, I would have 2nd thoughts about Elder. Yeah I know a reasonable person does not place his/her knowledge on Yappi alone but really people, you make Elder look stupid?
I don't post a lot obviously but this Decartes guy won't let anyone post anything that he disagrees with without belittling them. It does get old and ruins the spirit of debate.
Old 07-18-17, 01:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers0100 View Post
I don't post a lot obviously but this Decartes guy won't let anyone post anything that he disagrees with without belittling them. It does get old and ruins the spirit of debate.
I don't mind differing opinions from KNOWLEDGABLE fans, but Trey isn't one of them.
Old 07-18-17, 07:51 AM
All Ohio

epanther is on a distinguished road
-

Quote:
Honestly I dont know how pboy constantly gets banned then is allowed back on. The majority of pboys posts are attacking trey. The remainder are posts attacking other posters opinions or just plain spewing the same stuff he posts 100's of times a month about season ticket holders, student section, admin, etc, etc.
Old 07-18-17, 08:04 AM
All World

I like how I am the bad guy and not the uninformed whiny b1tch telling us to "get used" to mediocrity. I'm not sorry for upsetting nearly everyone bc I won't pick a camp b/w the homer crowd and the bleacher bums. All the people blindly defending Elder's lack of athletic success are wrong and all the people with the "sky is falling" mentality are wrong. Elder is very deserving of criticism for lack of success and how the Admin/Staff like to make excuses about other schools cheating, while doing nothing to stop it. However, they also deserve to be commended for managing the school's finances and working hard on ways within the rules to attract more outside talent.
Old 07-18-17, 08:14 AM
All American

It has nothing to do with your opinions, and everything to do with how you talk to people.

Most, if not all, will respect your opinion and provide a dialogue with you if you do so in a sane manner. It's really that easy.
Old 07-18-17, 08:41 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
It has nothing to do with your opinions, and everything to do with how you talk to people.

Most, if not all, will respect your opinion and provide a dialogue with you if you do so in a sane manner. It's really that easy.
THIS. People don't mind that you tell it how it is, but when you post with the maturity of a high school student (sometimes even less than that), it turns people off and the message you're trying to convey is lost in the personal attacks.
Old 07-18-17, 09:39 AM
All World

Ehs 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
He's got to be put in his place. The only worse fan than a homer is the .
When will it ever end? You two are ruining this board as others have said because of your bickering, not because of the season.

Why don't you both do everyone a favor and add each other to your ignore list?

http://yappi.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist
Old 07-18-17, 09:56 AM
All American

I've got no problems with his opinions. I think he's right in alot of cases. But for some reason he wants everyone to shift their ire to me.

I don't do what he does.
Old 07-18-17, 09:57 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
THIS. People don't mind that you tell it how it is, but when you post with the maturity of a high school student (sometimes even less than that), it turns people off and the message you're trying to convey is lost in the personal attacks.
I respect everyone but Trey. Anyone with his attitude is a waste of space. And TBH, the board could use some thinning out. There's a lot of people that don't contribute bc they don't follow the team closely enough. I've had differing opinions with posters whom I consider well informed, particularly ADS09, but mostly been respectful.

Last edited by Descartes; 07-18-17 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-18-17, 09:00 PM
Moderated User

slapnut is on a distinguished road
what about the guy that likes tasty brats......you are always putting him down too