Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-16-17, 08:34 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
July camp starts Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Practice starts no earlier than Aug 1st
Old 07-16-17, 08:35 AM
Junior Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Practice starts no earlier than Aug 1st

The 10 days of camp in the summer that everyone is allowed in Ohio starts tomorrow.

Old 07-16-17, 09:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The 10 days of camp in the summer that everyone is allowed in Ohio starts tomorrow.

Yep; but you have to be careful, camp is not practice under OHSAA rules.
Old 07-16-17, 09:31 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
Yep; but you have to be careful, camp is not practice under OHSAA rules.

Camp and practice are virtually the same thing now a days. Neither of them really focus on contact any more, which is a good thing.

Old 07-16-17, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Camp and practice are virtually the same thing now a days. Neither of them really focus on contact any more, which is a good thing.

You have to be careful about violating OHSAA rule 8.2.1.
Old 07-16-17, 10:20 AM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
With it being helmets only, we wont learn much until the pads come out. Maybe out of the qb and skill groups.

I think Hawkins will commit to Penn State.

Last edited by LEONARD; 07-16-17 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-16-17, 03:27 PM
Freshman

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
With it being helmets only, we wont learn much until the pads come out. Maybe out of the qb and skill groups.

I think Hawkins will commit to Penn State.
Besides Hawkins carpenter bates and maybe a few others most of the positions will be up for grabs throughout camp and maybe into the first few days of doubles.
Old 07-17-17, 02:27 PM
Junior Varsity

Any word on how today went

Old 07-17-17, 06:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Any word on how today went

I have no idea. But as im bored at work on twitter, I saw a pic of lasalles new unis. Looks like they have stars on the back of the helmet. Much like the ones we used to have, the bigger ones. Is Pat taking the Stars and Skulls to LaSalle?

And if we are gonna break 50 years or so of tradition with the helmet why not do something better than putting the shield logo on the side.

https://twitter.com/LS_LancerATH/sta...65336490450945
Old 07-17-17, 08:05 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have no idea. But as im bored at work on twitter, I saw a pic of lasalles new unis. Looks like they have stars on the back of the helmet. Much like the ones we used to have, the bigger ones. Is Pat taking the Stars and Skulls to LaSalle?

And if we are gonna break 50 years or so of tradition with the helmet why not do something better than putting the shield logo on the side.

https://twitter.com/LS_LancerATH/sta...65336490450945
There's no way they get rid of the stars/skulls???

If anything, fix the uniforms to be...you know, uniform?

Get rid of the Cov Cath knock offs with Crusaders on the back, worst jersey the school has ever had. Who chose those? The most recent gold pants are awful too.
Old 07-19-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
With the game at nippert not likely happening I hope we can get it at Lockland to have another home game.
Old 07-20-17, 09:54 AM
Freshman

Bigugly1 is on a distinguished road
Crosstown Showdown

I hope so!!!! Lockland is available Saturday but not Friday, I'm willing to bet renting Lockland isn't in the budget.
Old 07-20-17, 10:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigugly1 View Post
I hope so!!!! Lockland is available Saturday but not Friday, I'm willing to bet renting Lockland isn't in the budget.
I agree and given the fact that Hamilton has a pretty decent stadium, i bet it will be there.
Old 07-22-17, 07:39 AM
Freshman

Dunder Mifflin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree and given the fact that Hamilton has a pretty decent stadium, i bet it will be there.
I believe elder is playing west at Princeton so it is possible moeller and hamilton could play at a neutral location.
Old 07-22-17, 10:01 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunder Mifflin View Post
I believe elder is playing west at Princeton so it is possible moeller and hamilton could play at a neutral location.
nice, speaking of west that seems like a nice place to hold the game. Not a ton of seating but enough and a good physical location for both schools.
Old 07-22-17, 10:37 AM
Junior Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
We are the home team so if it's not at a neutral site we should play at Lockland. I think this is our 19th year in the Showdown so for the past 19 years we have played at UC or at a neutral site in the opening game of the season. It would be nice to have that opening game at Lockland (home game) but I would bet we will end up at Hamilton. I don't know of any school who would give up a home game. That doesn't make sense if we do end up at Hamilton. Give these seniors another home game!
Old 07-22-17, 03:20 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
We are the home team so if it's not at a neutral site we should play at Lockland. I think this is our 19th year in the Showdown so for the past 19 years we have played at UC or at a neutral site in the opening game of the season. It would be nice to have that opening game at Lockland (home game) but I would bet we will end up at Hamilton. I don't know of any school who would give up a home game. That doesn't make sense if we do end up at Hamilton. Give these seniors another home game!
The game has been moved to Hamilton. Does anyone know if we'll still be considered the "home" team.
Old 07-22-17, 04:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
The game has been moved to Hamilton. Does anyone know if we'll still be considered the "home" team.
Such a shame- not having it at UC really stinks, but having it at Hamilton is such a missed opportunity to start the season
Old 07-22-17, 07:46 PM
Junior Varsity

Fake Taxi where did you see/hear that the game is moved to Hamilton? The website doesn't show Hamilton. I heard the announcement was coming on Monday. I agree with Kballer that this is a missed opportunity. We shouldn't be giving up an opportunity to have a home game. Who at Moeller is making the decision to move the game to Hamilton the AD?
Old 07-22-17, 08:09 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Fake Taxi where did you see/hear that the game is moved to Hamilton? The website doesn't show Hamilton. I heard the announcement was coming on Monday. I agree with Kballer that this is a missed opportunity. We shouldn't be giving up an opportunity to have a home game. Who at Moeller is making the decision to move the game to Hamilton the AD?
Mike dyer tweeted the game will be at Hamilton earlier today
Old 07-22-17, 08:16 PM
Freshman

How did the first week of camp go?
Old 07-23-17, 12:44 AM
All American

Quote:
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the moved games. Some are at neutral sites; others are not. Knew Lockland was a very long shot (no parking), but had hoped it could at least be at a neutral site. Hopefully they can get a large Moeller fan showing despite the location.
Old 07-23-17, 08:14 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
At the very least one would have thought a neutral site (Mason, Lakota West, Kings, anywhere...) would have been the logical choice. It gets a little frustrating as a Moeller fan to watch this game now moved to your opponents home field? One has to wonder if anyone on Montgomery RD. puts up a fight in these situations?
Old 07-23-17, 10:54 AM
Junior Varsity

Perfectly said Rabbit. Only Moeller would give up a home game. I guess there is too much focus on logos these days on Montgomery Road.
Old 07-23-17, 04:37 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the moved games. Some are at neutral sites; others are not. Knew Lockland was a very long shot (no parking), but had hoped it could at least be at a neutral site. Hopefully they can get a large Moeller fan showing despite the location.
It's time for Moeller to look into finding a new option for playing home games.
Old 07-23-17, 05:14 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Perfectly said Rabbit. Only Moeller would give up a home game. I guess there is too much focus on logos these days on Montgomery Road.
I'm sure they just didn't want to pay it. Even if we are not very good this year, should be an easy W.
Old 07-25-17, 02:37 PM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
(7) count them (7) freaking away games. First three away, next 3 at home and last 4 away. Pathetic. GBM
Old 07-25-17, 03:07 PM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
While I understand that Lockland has challenges with parking, how is it they can pull off a sold (or close to it) GCL game and not this game?

It is unfortunate Moeller can't work things out to have home games at Sycamore. What about other public schools in the area like Madeira or Loveland? Are those schools unwilling or does Moeller not want to spend the money to rent those stadiums?
Old 07-25-17, 03:44 PM
All Ohio

The Game
Parking can't be the issue....at least I hope not. Games at Elder and LaSalle have horrific parking situations. Sometimes you're going to have to walk a little bit. If the game was at UC, you're not parking 20 feet from the stadium. It can turn into a little hike. In terms of seating and field conditions, Lockland is a nice stadium. I agree with a previous post...3 home games is ridiculous. I'm guessing no other school goes down that road....even those who also have a hard time filling their schedule.

Back to football....I saw Tristate football came out with their preseason d-1 rankings and Moeller was fifth behind St. X, Wayne, Colerain, and Elder. LaSalle was #1 in d-2.
Old 07-25-17, 04:02 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Parking can't be the issue....at least I hope not. Games at Elder and LaSalle have horrific parking situations. Sometimes you're going to have to walk a little bit. If the game was at UC, you're not parking 20 feet from the stadium. It can turn into a little hike. In terms of seating and field conditions, Lockland is a nice stadium. I agree with a previous post...3 home games is ridiculous. I'm guessing no other school goes down that road....even those who also have a hard time filling their schedule.

Back to football....I saw Tristate football came out with their preseason d-1 rankings and Moeller was fifth behind St. X, Wayne, Colerain, and Elder. LaSalle was #1 in d-2.
This really is bad, doesn't anyone have access to ask anyone at Moeller what the deal is?

You can check out the Elder board, they hate their schedule too. They only have 4 home games, but at least they actually have a "home field."

There's got to be some way to fix that relationship with Sycamore and try and move home games there or make some kind of serious investment in Lockland...I have no idea how that works, but something has to give here.

Last, no one has any insights into how the first week of camp went?