Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-12-17, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
What?
brian knows basketball. Don't you even start up with 1227.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-17, 11:56 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Thanks cavs bench alot better green osman and taveras.
Old 07-13-17, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Sounds like Golden State better watch out
Old 07-13-17, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Taveras?
Old 07-13-17, 08:19 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Edy Tavares. Drafted by the Hawks in 2014 I think. 7'3". I think he played in 1 game last year for the Cavs.
Old 07-13-17, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I think Jeff Green definitely helps off the bench. Otherwise, I don't really see any roster improvement over last year.
Old 07-13-17, 03:17 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post
Sounds like Golden State better watch out
Aren't you the guy who thought the Cavs had a huge bench advantage in the championship series? Talk about a face plant.
Old 07-13-17, 03:39 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Lonzo Ball looks pretty good
Old 07-17-17, 11:21 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Lonzo Ball looks pretty good
Raider, I'm going to backpedal a little on Lonzo as well. I ripped him a few times on here, but after watching some of him in summer league, kid's got some game. Now it's summer league, and probably 75% or more of the guys in that league will never play a minute of NBA basketball, but he may be ok. Also liking that Levar has piped it down a little. Maybe someone from the NBA/ the Lakers or maybe Lonzo told him to knock it off.

It's still going to be a little more than nauseating seeing so much coverage of the Lakers/ Magic/ the Ball family etc. One little ding already is that through what 6 or 7 summer league games, Lonzo sat one game and left another early due to leg injuries....maybe playing it safe, but nagging injuries will derail him faster than anything else.
Old 07-17-17, 04:44 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...son/485111001/

Should Cleveland just trade Lebron before he inevitably departs this offseason? At least get something for him , young talent you can surround Kyrie with, rather than leaving your team in shambles like they let happen the last time.

Also, does Gilbert immediately become the worst pro sports owner ever if he drives the 2nd best player in NBA history out of town twice?
Old 07-17-17, 04:58 PM
Fake coolin' off

Even if he leaves after this year, I'd hold on to him. He basically guarantees a fourth championship appearence. And who knows, GS could suffer injuries and they win a second title.
Old 07-17-17, 05:02 PM
All American

The 1st part was mostly facetious, they obviously can't trade him. The 2nd part is legit though.
Old 07-17-17, 05:02 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Not a guarantee he leaves. They are likely to be in the finals.

Remember if they don't choke and win game 3 that series may have gone 7. Lot of liberties taken with that thought process but it could have unfolded differently
Old 07-17-17, 05:05 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
The 1st part was mostly facetious, they obviously can't trade him. The 2nd part is legit though.
Okay. You're not much fun to talk to on here.
Old 07-17-17, 09:26 PM
All Yappi

tallmadge H2 dad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Aren't you the guy who thought the Cavs had a huge bench advantage in the championship series? Talk about a face plant.
Yep. I was wrong.
Old 07-17-17, 10:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
It's still going to be a little more than nauseating seeing so much coverage of the Lakers/ Magic/ the Ball family etc. One little ding already is that through what 6 or 7 summer league games, Lonzo sat one game and left another early due to leg injuries....maybe playing it safe, but nagging injuries will derail him faster than anything else.
Eh, I think he may come back down to Earth a bit once he starts playing regular NBA guys. I usually try not to put too much stock into summer league, but he looks like a phenomenal offensive talent that makes everyone around him better, but that's also a gaping black hole on defense.

Kind of made me reminisce of the Nash-era Suns. Incredibly exciting, but they weren't ever going to win anything meaningful.
Old 07-17-17, 10:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...son/485111001/

Also, does Gilbert immediately become the worst pro sports owner ever if he drives the 2nd best player in NBA history out of town twice?
Yes and no. The front office is being idiotically run, but he's at least trying to win. Their moves to get better are pretty marginal unless somebody actually wants to take Kevin Love in a major trade. If they actually had a Butler trades lined up then Gilbert is at fault, because that's one of the very few guys that would be a functional upgrade over Love.

They simply have too many bad contracts, like the first go around. 1-2 of those garbage contracts (i.e. Thompson) fall pretty heavily on LeBron. It's hard to wiggle in the trade market and free agency when you've pushed for excessive paydays for some of your boys.
Old 07-17-17, 10:31 PM
All Yappi

Side note: is there any doubt they'd be better off with Wiggins on a rookie deal than having Love?
Old 07-18-17, 06:58 AM
All American

For the long run there's no doubt, but as discussed either earlier in this thread or the other thread, I'd very much doubt they would have a championship.
Old 07-18-17, 07:33 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Not a guarantee he leaves. They are likely to be in the finals.

Remember if they don't choke and win game 3 that series may have gone 7. Lot of liberties taken with that thought process but it could have unfolded differently
Remember if Draymond didn't go crazy in last year's playoffs to get himself suspended for Game 5, GS likely would have going for the 3-peat this year.
Old 07-18-17, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

Definitely a 3-peat if Draymond doesn't get suspended last year. Even with a game 3 win this year I think they most likely would have lost in 6.
Old 07-18-17, 08:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
For the long run there's no doubt, but as discussed either earlier in this thread or the other thread, I'd very much doubt they would have a championship.
Probably true, and an interesting discussion IMO. If they had Wiggins instead of Love a lolnd if Thompson didn't have an ungodly ridiculous deal they would be far more likely to compete against Golden State going forward.
Old 07-18-17, 08:33 AM
All American

I wonder if they would even have Wiggins now. that might have been enough to entice the Bulls to trade Butler to Cleveland.
Old 07-18-17, 09:24 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Remember if Draymond didn't go crazy in last year's playoffs to get himself suspended for Game 5, GS likely would have going for the 3-peat this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Definitely a 3-peat if Draymond doesn't get suspended last year. Even with a game 3 win this year I think they most likely would have lost in 6.
I don't think you can say this with any certainty. Draymond was on the court for games 6 and 7 and they still lost. Including losing on their own court in game 7 of a finals which is pretty rare.
Old 07-18-17, 09:26 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
This is a lame excuse ... he was only suspended for game 5 ... if he was so good that game 5 was a guarenteed win, why wasn't it a guarenteed win in games 6 or 7? They lost THREE games in a row, and only ONE without Green ... everybody wants to point out that IF Green played game 5 they would have won and seems to forget IF the Cavs had Love and Irving the year before the Cavs might have won that series ... Green was suspended, Love & Irving were hurt, and the Warriors have won twice and the Cavs have one once ... and those are the facts!
Old 07-18-17, 11:14 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I don't think you can say this with any certainty. Draymond was on the court for games 6 and 7 and they still lost. Including losing on their own court in game 7 of a finals which is pretty rare.
I was pointing out how silly it is to say the Finals goes 7 this year if Cleveland doesn't piss away Game 3.

There have been so many ifs between these two teams over the past 3 years. Does GS win a title if Love and Kyrie are healthy? Does Cleveland win if Curry is 100% and Draymond doesn't go flailing at LBJ's junk? Does GS still get Durant if they win the title last year with a potential 3-peat on the table? For every what if one way, you can say the same for the other side. That's all I was saying.
Old 07-18-17, 01:38 PM
All American

Quote:
I was pointing out how silly it is to say the Finals goes 7 this year if Cleveland doesn't piss away Game 3.

There have been so many ifs between these two teams over the past 3 years. Does GS win a title if Love and Kyrie are healthy? Does Cleveland win if Curry is 100% and Draymond doesn't go flailing at LBJ's junk? Does GS still get Durant if they win the title last year with a potential 3-peat on the table? For every what if one way, you can say the same for the other side. That's all I was saying.
You said they would have likely won last year had he not got suspended. I don't think that's valid.
Old 07-18-17, 02:02 PM
All American

Quote:
I didn't say it would have gone 7. I said it could have gone 7. Just like what you said could have happened. I also said I was taking a lot of liberty in stating that considering ifs and buts can go both ways. I am not a Cavs fan fwiw
Old 07-18-17, 02:03 PM
All American

Quote:

Again never stated it WOULD go 7.
Old 07-18-17, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You said they would have likely won last year had he not got suspended. I don't think that's valid.
That's fine, I do. Though that wasn't the point I was trying to make.