Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-06-18, 08:28 AM
All District

thereckoning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
that is simply NOT true, about Minster EVER wanting to leave the MAC, you can say that all the time(which you do) but that was NEVER discussed in any board meeting or with any Adminstration, just because you talked to somebody from Minster over a beer, doesn't make it true. And after all this , Minster has to be considered one of the top total sports program in the MAC( all the extra work has paid off
There were certainly rumors going around of this being true. Also it wasn't a big surprise that many MAC teams were indifferent of whether Minster stuck around. Much like the discussion of Parkway on this board.

But, programs tend to come and go with talent rich classes, coaches, and generational genetics. Minster was able to turn around a program that was dead in the water. And thank goodness for them and the MAC because they enrich the MAC in many, many sports. Good for them. Hope Parkway does the same.
Old 04-06-18, 08:46 AM
Freshman

MACNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereckoning View Post
There were certainly rumors going around of this being true. Also it wasn't a big surprise that many MAC teams were indifferent of whether Minster stuck around. Much like the discussion of Parkway on this board.

But, programs tend to come and go with talent rich classes, coaches, and generational genetics. Minster was able to turn around a program that was dead in the water. And thank goodness for them and the MAC because they enrich the MAC in many, many sports. Good for them. Hope Parkway does the same.
If it weren't for people making these types of rumors up, sites like this wouldn't exist. Also the rumor about many MAC schools being indifferent if Minster left simply isn't true either. If it is true, those schools must be incredibly jealous of all the hardware in the school's trophy case (33 and counting). If you want to know what is happening within Minster athletics, talk to the AD.
Old 04-06-18, 10:10 AM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

During the 2007-2008 time frame I talked occasionally with the Fort Recovery and New Bremen athletic directors, and more often with the Minster, Marion local, Coldwater and St. Henry AD's.

The talk among them was of Fort Recovery considering pulling its football program out of the MAC, and if allowed to do so, New Bremen and perhaps Parkway had the potential to follow suit. Of course, the other MAC schools were not going to let any schools withdraw individual sports out of the conference. Schools pulling all the way out of the conference was feared, but was not seen as happening soon. The change in the football schedule came as a compromise out of all of that.

There was never talk of any other school pulling out of the MAC, least of all Minster.
Old 04-06-18, 01:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
During the 2007-2008 time frame I talked occasionally with the Fort Recovery and New Bremen athletic directors, and more often with the Minster, Marion local, Coldwater and St. Henry AD's.

The talk among them was of Fort Recovery considering pulling its football program out of the MAC, and if allowed to do so, New Bremen and perhaps Parkway had the potential to follow suit. Of course, the other MAC schools were not going to let any schools withdraw individual sports out of the conference. Schools pulling all the way out of the conference was feared, but was not seen as happening soon. The change in the football schedule came as a compromise out of all of that.

There was never talk of any other school pulling out of the MAC, least of all Minster.
Before Coach Moore, Minster's football program had been horrid, for a lack of better words, for the better part of two decades. As I said. Its the rumor mill. I have no specific ADs or persons of power to point to. There was no social media back then. It was just word of mouth, as the tides were changing (especially with Versailles joining).

The change in football scheduling actually came around 2010 because all of the teams that had been losing for so long with a 9 game conference schedule complained enough to get it to happen (as reported by media outlets). If you are "in the know" with ADs and school officials, then you may know the stance of the schools. As for the public, it was common knowledge that the MAC was feeling out Ft Loramie and potentially Lehman for replacements of teams like Minster and Bremen.

Regardless, the tides have changed and Minster is a machine in sports now-a-days. Glad they turned it around. Again, I hope Parkway can do much of the same with a great coach!
Old 04-06-18, 03:12 PM
All Region

A few items:

The change in the MAC football schedule began in 2008.

While the MAC let Lehman (and LCC) make a presentation the same time as Versailles, there was little enthusiasm for letting them join the MAC.

And, it was Fort Loramie camping outside every MAC member's door trying to get considered, not the other way around.
Old 04-06-18, 03:44 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post

I find it very hard to believe that the school with the most team state titles in the league was ever considering leaving the conference. That would be like Coldwater leaving because they struggle at golf. Not happening. As for Lehman and Loramie, the league is not going to expand anytime soon.
Old 04-07-18, 01:43 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Before Coach Moore, Minster's football program had been horrid, for a lack of better words, for the better part of two decades. As I said. Its the rumor mill. I have no specific ADs or persons of power to point to. There was no social media back then. It was just word of mouth, as the tides were changing (especially with Versailles joining).

The change in football scheduling actually came around 2010 because all of the teams that had been losing for so long with a 9 game conference schedule complained enough to get it to happen (as reported by media outlets). If you are "in the know" with ADs and school officials, then you may know the stance of the schools. As for the public, it was common knowledge that the MAC was feeling out Ft Loramie and potentially Lehman for replacements of teams like Minster and Bremen.

Regardless, the tides have changed and Minster is a machine in sports now-a-days. Glad they turned it around. Again, I hope Parkway can do much of the same with a great coach!
Common knowledge? Really Reckoning you and The Voice need to stop hanging out at The Keyhole and Scudzy's! As Ranger Fan stated at no point was there any talk of Minster leaving or being replaced in the MAC. Did they have some lean years? Yes, but you can make that point about any of the MAC schools if you look at their histories. If you're going to make comments, back your facts up instead of saying trash like "It's common knowledge".
Old 04-07-18, 07:01 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I find it very hard to believe that the school with the most team state titles in the league was ever considering leaving the conference. That would be like Coldwater leaving because they struggle at golf. Not happening. As for Lehman and Loramie, the league is not going to expand anytime soon.
Their is a big difference between football and golf or any other sport. Football rules the MAC and most league decisions are based on football. Could you see the MAC allowing another school joining the league for just one sport as Anna did in football.
Old 04-07-18, 08:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Their is a big difference between football and golf or any other sport. Football rules the MAC and most league decisions are based on football. Could you see the MAC allowing another school joining the league for just one sport as Anna did in football.
It actually wouldn't bother me, if you're referring to Loramie football, but dropping 2 league opponents instead of 1 I think is too much of a stretch IMO. Therefore, the only way that would happen is if someone cut their football program. Any other sport would be odd for just joining the league in that sport. I wish they would add Anna as a full member.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 04-07-18 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-07-18, 12:19 PM
All World

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Football rules the MAC and most league decisions are based on football.
This may be your perception, probably because football is the sport you pay the most attention to. Believe it or not, football isn’t even the biggest money-maker at most MAC schools. I can’t think of many ‘football only’ decisions the conference has ever made, with the exception of adding Anna. Speaking of which...

Quote:
Could you see the MAC allowing another school joining the league for just one sport as Anna did in football.
No other sport is set up like football, where only one game is played per weekand you have to qualify for the playoffs. Adding Anna was solely done for scheduling reasons, which is something the other sports don’t have to worry about.
Old 04-07-18, 02:13 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
This may be your perception, probably because football is the sport you pay the most attention to. Believe it or not, football isn’t even the biggest money-maker at most MAC schools. I can’t think of many ‘football only’ decisions the conference has ever made, with the exception of adding Anna. .
I agree that it is not the biggest money maker at some schools but it the one sport that is above all others in the MAC. Do you think ML would fire a coach in any other sport if they had a 63% success rate like they did in football. Just look at how few post ML bball got this season compared to football or take a look at attendance, do not believe ML even sold out one game in bball this season. Do you think the MAC would ever add another team to the league with out first considering that teams football resume ? I don't.
Old 04-07-18, 04:06 PM
All World

Quote:
I agree that it is not the biggest money maker at some schools but it the one sport that is above all others in the MAC. Do you think ML would fire a coach in any other sport if they had a 63% success rate like they did in football. Just look at how few post ML bball got this season compared to football or take a look at attendance, do not believe ML even sold out one game in bball this season. Do you think the MAC would ever add another team to the league with out first considering that teams football resume ? I don't.
ML sold out at least one basketball game this year, and that game was held on a Monday night. And ML football is a top 5 program in the state - of course it’s going to get more attention than basketball given recent its success, but don’t conflate ML with the MAC in general. They aren’t the same.

To your last question, yes, the football resume would be a consideration, but again, only because football is structured so much differently with regard to scheduling and the playoffs.
Old 04-09-18, 10:46 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACNation View Post
Common knowledge? Really Reckoning you and The Voice need to stop hanging out at The Keyhole and Scudzy's! As Ranger Fan stated at no point was there any talk of Minster leaving or being replaced in the MAC. Did they have some lean years? Yes, but you can make that point about any of the MAC schools if you look at their histories. If you're going to make comments, back your facts up instead of saying trash like "It's common knowledge".
https://pressprosmagazine.com/a-solu...rst-nightmare/

Here you go son. Before you start name calling, learn your history. No mention of anyone "leaving" but plenty of mention of complaints of the schedule and adding Lehman and Loramie.

Maybe you are too young to be someone that was in the high school sports realm in the past four or five decades and have heard people talking.

There's part of your facts. No social media and barely any internet back in the early 2000s. But, I can tell you for a FACT that I am giving you COMMON KNOWLEDGE on Loramie and Lehman.

Kids.....
Old 04-09-18, 01:44 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

the Cats have been doing alright in ALL its sports programs for more then just NOW....
next time you are in our GYM check out the 33 banners we have hanging on the walls....by the way what school do you represent?

you my friend do NOT know what the heck you are talking about Fort Loramie and Lehman for Minster and even New Bremen is just TROLL material....
Old 04-09-18, 01:50 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
It actually wouldn't bother me, if you're referring to Loramie football, but dropping 2 league opponents instead of 1 I think is too much of a stretch IMO. Therefore, the only way that would happen is if someone cut their football program. Any other sport would be odd for just joining the league in that sport. I wish they would add Anna as a full member.
they will keep it at TWO non league games in football, no reason not too
Old 04-09-18, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
The MAC should expand and add Lehman and Covington split into two divisions. Crossovers would help scheduling.
Old 04-09-18, 05:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
The MAC should expand and add Lehman and Covington split into two divisions. Crossovers would help scheduling.
Do you really want to have regular junior high, freshman, and junior varsity contests between Covington and DSJ or Lehman and Parkway?

People love to throw out scenarios with just football in mind, but it’s gotta make sense for all sports.
Old 04-09-18, 06:00 PM
All American

Quote:
they will keep it at TWO non league games in football, no reason not too
I never said they wouldn't. I assumed it to be that way. Hence dropping 2 league opponents instead of the usual one that we do now IF we added another school. I think that would be too much. I don't like the idea of split divisions because it doesn't find a true league champion.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 04-09-18 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-10-18, 05:11 AM
Freshman

Quote:

Here you go son. Before you start name calling, learn your history. No mention of anyone "leaving" but plenty of mention of complaints of the schedule and adding Lehman and Loramie.

Maybe you are too young to be someone that was in the high school sports realm in the past four or five decades and have heard people talking.

There's part of your facts. No social media and barely any internet back in the early 2000s. But, I can tell you for a FACT that I am giving you COMMON KNOWLEDGE on Loramie and Lehman.

Kids.....
Where in that article does it say the MAC was considering those two teams? This is just an article based on the writer's thoughts (and from you reading it on the restroom wall at Scudzy's). At no time was Ft. Loramie or Lehman considered. And also where in your "common knowledge" does it say in your source article that Minster was being considered to be dropped? Stop reading between the lines and definitely stop commenting on subjects you have no knowledge about.
Old 04-10-18, 07:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Where in that article does it say the MAC was considering those two teams? This is just an article based on the writer's thoughts (and from you reading it on the restroom wall at Scudzy's). At no time was Ft. Loramie or Lehman considered. And also where in your "common knowledge" does it say in your source article that Minster was being considered to be dropped? Stop reading between the lines and definitely stop commenting on subjects you have no knowledge about.
the more the reckoning posts , the more anyone this kid has no idea what he is talking about.....been kind of funny, but that is about it....
Old 04-10-18, 07:17 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Do you really want to have regular junior high, freshman, and junior varsity contests between Covington and DSJ or Lehman and Parkway?

People love to throw out scenarios with just football in mind, but it’s gotta make sense for all sports.
That's the reason for the post... Give your opinion on this. Relax, Francis.
Old 04-10-18, 08:51 AM
Freshman

Quote:

Kids.....
Too young to be in the high school sports realm? Really? Been there, done that. State championship in football (during my day years ago), son has both played and won state championships in baseball and football. Plus where in my posts have I been name calling? Common facts based on what, an article from a writer's opinion based on people he talked to from Lehman and Ft. Loramie hoping they could get into the MAC? Wake up dude and go troll the SCL posts.
Old 04-10-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
At this point there does not need to be any changes.
If it's not broke, don't fix it.
It was broke, briefly and fixed with Anna joining which caused another problem and then really fixed when they went to the rotating schedule.

Adding Covington and Lehman and going to 2 divisions.........no way. Just......no.

Ft recwinning and the resurgence of minstwr proves the league works well as is.

As for my comments about minster leaving years ago...yes, it was just by fans, parents, etc. Football rules the roost. I amglad they stayed and that ft rec won it all..l
Old 04-10-18, 11:51 AM
All District

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Would the MAC want another Catholic school in their ranks?

Fort Loramie makes sense.... eventually.

They compete against the best of the MAC in other sports (basketball, baseball, etc). Football is still new to this town though. They would be taken behind the woodshed for a good long while. It doesn't make sense for the MAC to expand right now either. The conference has been cranking out state champions on a yearly basis. Makes no sense to touch that. When the MAC does decide to expand though, be it years down the line, Fort Loramie would be an ideal fit. Demographically, Geographically... Its another town in the Land of the Cross Tipped Churches with a lot of pride.
Old 04-10-18, 11:58 AM
All Region

Many MAC schools made it clear they were not interested in another private school in the conference when they turned away Sidney Lehman Catholic and Lima Central Catholic when they invited Versailles.

Fort Loramie has been begging for its football program to be in the MAC for many years.

However, Fort Loramie has no interest in leaving the Shelby County League in other sports.

And I have no idea in the MAC schools in general have much, if any, interest in Fort Loramie.
Old 04-10-18, 12:05 PM
All District

Quote:
the more the reckoning posts , the more anyone this kid has no idea what he is talking about.....been kind of funny, but that is about it....
Ehh.....wanna tick a minster fan off? Remind them of the days when they were the joke of the MAC. The article I posted clearly states that Lehman and Loramie were talked about as serious considerations in 2010. It is common knowledge that Minster was whining about a 9 game league schedule. Its common knowledge that the MAC in general had options outside of some of the schools complaining....including Minster.

And I have given all due props to Minster for turning it around. But, its funny to see the defensive comments come back as soon as I posted something. Geez guys. You know Minster was in the dumps. One of the laughing stocks of the MAC in football (and most sports) if you will. They are great in many many sports now. Enjoy your rise from the ashes.
Old 04-10-18, 12:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
At this point there does not need to be any changes.
If it's not broke, don't fix it.
It was broke, briefly and fixed with Anna joining which caused another problem and then really fixed when they went to the rotating schedule.

Adding Covington and Lehman and going to 2 divisions.........no way. Just......no.

Ft recwinning and the resurgence of minstwr proves the league works well as is.

As for my comments about minster leaving years ago...yes, it was just by fans, parents, etc. Football rules the roost. I amglad they stayed and that ft rec won it all..l
My sentiments exactly. Many fans, parents, teams from other schools, etc. spoke of them leaving and didn't care either way.

No AD or school resource knowledge. People talked.

Glad they stayed but would be neat to see where they would be, sports-wise, if they had left.
Old 04-10-18, 12:14 PM
All District

Quote:
"After nearly a decade of back and forth, the obvious solution remains the ignored solution…expansion. Two perfect candidates for the MAC have been floating around during this entire dance, Sidney Lehman and Ft. Loramie."

Enjoy the article again. Man oh man. Learn to read. If floated around is congruent to considered (which I think it is) then its in plain sight in the article.
Old 04-10-18, 12:37 PM
All World

This guys sounds like quite a guru of things happening on Friday nights.
Old 04-10-18, 12:51 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
And for the record...I am in the "all in" crowd. Join in 1 sport, join in them all.

One of the great things I love about HS sports is in one sport you may own a team, or go agAinst a player who just owns you, but in another sport you get owned! Always loved matching up with the same players from sport to sport...