Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 03-12-18, 01:33 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,605
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Just realized Nebraska didn't get in either. Tough with a 13-5 Big Ten record, but they really don't have any good wins
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #302  
Old 03-12-18, 02:34 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Monday after Selection Sunday should be called "moaners Monday". I'm tired of hearing coaches, fans whine about not making the tournament. WIN MORE GAMES!!! Everyone controls their own destiny. Most teams play what, 30 games? You have 10-12 non conference games, go schedule good teams if you want some cred. Basketball is alot more fair than football selection, where it's very subjective since there are so few games.
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 03-12-18, 02:56 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,041
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
How ironic that 14Red made a post to whine about whiners?
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 03-12-18, 03:22 PM
J.R. Swish J.R. Swish is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-27-16
Posts: 137
J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
Worst job by the committee in years IMO. USC is 2nd in Pac12 at 12-6 then loses in tourney title game and they do not make it but Arizona St at 8-10 in league and in 9th place in league makes it because of two non league wins in December??? Totally devaluing the league games. Same thing with Oklahoma over OK St. Nebraska 13-5 in Big 10 and do not get in??? St. Mary's in top 20 all year lose in conference tourney and they are out??? They won 26 games and were a 5 or 6 seed just last week??? They need to add a rule that teams need to be .500 in league to get in.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 03-12-18, 04:12 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,905
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Monday after Selection Sunday should be called "moaners Monday". I'm tired of hearing coaches, fans whine about not making the tournament. WIN MORE GAMES!!! Everyone controls their own destiny. Most teams play what, 30 games? You have 10-12 non conference games, go schedule good teams if you want some cred. Basketball is alot more fair than football selection, where it's very subjective since there are so few games.
So I guess St Mary's and Middle Tennessee should just go undefeated next time. They both won over 25 games. I agree with swish, .500 conference record or better, otherwise you're NIT bound. Can't believe the chair being from Creighton allowed the lower tier conferences to get bent over like they did. Obviously it's all a money grab, but they were wrong on so many of these selections they might as well expand, or better yet let everyone in.
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 03-12-18, 04:19 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
So I guess St Mary's and Middle Tennessee should just go undefeated next time. They both won over 25 games. I agree with swish, .500 conference record or better, otherwise you're NIT bound. Can't believe the chair being from Creighton allowed the lower tier conferences to get bent over like they did. Obviously it's all a money grab, but they were wrong on so many of these selections they might as well expand, or better yet let everyone in.
The mid major conference should just be happy they get one automatic bid to the tournament. Most have no shot at getting outside the first weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 03-12-18, 06:39 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
So I guess St Mary's and Middle Tennessee should just go undefeated next time. They both won over 25 games. I agree with swish, .500 conference record or better, otherwise you're NIT bound. Can't believe the chair being from Creighton allowed the lower tier conferences to get bent over like they did. Obviously it's all a money grab, but they were wrong on so many of these selections they might as well expand, or better yet let everyone in.
I honestly donít know how anyone could go to bat for OK or Cuse. Normally, I donít have a big issue with the teams that get in off the Bubble, but the Committee really botched it this yr.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 03-12-18, 08:44 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,605
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Arizona State getting in over USC, being from the same conference and finishing so much lower, is a fairly egregious error
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 03-12-18, 09:11 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: not Cleveland
Posts: 17,471
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Now MTSU is losing their coach, Kermit Davis to Ole Miss. Pretty crappy last 24 hours for that team
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 03-12-18, 09:24 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,308
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Little surprise 14red took that position he did. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 03-12-18, 09:43 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 13,905
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The mid major conference should just be happy they get one automatic bid to the tournament. Most have no shot at getting outside the first weekend.
That's not the point, but since it's the one you made which of the bubble teams who got in is going to make it out of the first weekend? Most of them also have no shot getting outside the first weekend. I'm talking Oklahoma, Syracuse, Arizona State, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 03-13-18, 03:41 AM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: not Cleveland
Posts: 17,471
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The mid major conference should just be happy they get one automatic bid to the tournament. Most have no shot at getting outside the first weekend.
Yeah, really sucks when teams like FGCU, VCU and Steph Curry's Davidson get into the tournament. God you're a moron.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 03-13-18, 08:21 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,901
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Just realized Nebraska didn't get in either. Tough with a 13-5 Big Ten record, but they really don't have any good wins
Nebraska has two things against it, no significant non-conference wins, although they were one of the few teams, maybe the only team to win the Big Ten / ACC challenge, beating Boston Collage. But other than that, their big ten season only included one game against the 3 best in the conference and they were 0-3 against them. Their season may have been different however, on a Saturday in December, they lost 73-72 to Kansas. The #1 seeded Jayhawks. They win that game, they are in the tournament with the way the rest of the season panned out.
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 03-13-18, 11:39 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,308
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Nebraska has two things against it, no significant non-conference wins, although they were one of the few teams, maybe the only team to win the Big Ten / ACC challenge, beating Boston Collage. But other than that, their big ten season only included one game against the 3 best in the conference and they were 0-3 against them. Their season may have been different however, on a Saturday in December, they lost 73-72 to Kansas. The #1 seeded Jayhawks. They win that game, they are in the tournament with the way the rest of the season panned out.
Boston Collage.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 03-13-18, 01:20 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: not Cleveland
Posts: 17,471
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 03-13-18, 01:48 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,140
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Boston Collage

https://www.puzzlewarehouse.com/Bost...ge-1188pz.html
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 03-13-18, 02:11 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: not Cleveland
Posts: 17,471
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Boston Eagle Collage

Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 03-13-18, 02:28 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,140
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 03-13-18, 02:45 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: not Cleveland
Posts: 17,471
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Boston College college collage

Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 03-14-18, 06:23 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,726
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
UVA lost De'Andre Hunter for the tourney....broken left wrist

Not sure if it has been posted here bc it is a couple days old
Reply With Quote
  #321  
Old 03-15-18, 11:41 AM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,771
Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Arizona State getting in over USC, being from the same conference and finishing so much lower, is a fairly egregious error
I thought so also until I looked up the teams schedule;

USC worse lost was to #226 Princeton at home; it's best victories were Middle Tenn St & New Mexico St, lost to Arz St

Arz St worst loss was At #137 Oregon St; it's best victories were Xavier, AT Kansas, Beat USC.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 03-15-18, 01:19 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: not Cleveland
Posts: 17,471
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Awesome start so far. Can't believe that buzzer beater didn't go in.

Kansas down to Penn early
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 03-17-18, 10:05 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,041
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So whose everyone's favorite upset picks?

I like Loyola over Miami, Providence over TA&M, New Mexico State over Clemson, Butler over Arkansas and SFA over Texas Tech. Still filling out my bracket though with some subject to change.
Not too bad. Loyola beat Miami, Providence gave A&M a good game, Butler smashed Arkansas. Whiffed on NMSU and SFA.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 04-04-18, 11:04 AM
WestSideBomber WestSideBomber is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-16-05
Location: KCK
Posts: 4,711
WestSideBomber is on a distinguished road
Update from the "KU is a terrible tournament team" and "has a history of choking" nonsense...KU now has the most wins of any program since 2000 and the 5th best winning percentage of any team with at least 30 wins.

1: KU - 49 (.731)
2: UNC - 48 (.787)
3: Duke - 46 (.742)
4: MSU - 42 (.700)
4: UK - 42 (.724)
6: Florida - 37 (.740)
7: UConn - 33 (.785)
7: Wisconsin - 33 (.647)
9: Cuse - 31 (.705)
10: Arizona - 30 (.638)

Xavier - 22 (.579)
UC - 12 (.462)

Also, MSU lost to another double digit seed this year. That's twice in the last 3 years...
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 04-04-18, 11:07 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,041
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My count is they are the 5th best winning percentage of any team with at least 30 wins. UNC, Duke, Florida and UConn are all better winning percentages. But your point certainly still stands.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 04-04-18, 11:09 AM
WestSideBomber WestSideBomber is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-16-05
Location: KCK
Posts: 4,711
WestSideBomber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
My count is they are the 5th best winning percentage of any team with at least 30 wins. UNC, Duke, Florida and UConn are all better winning percentages. But your point certainly still stands.
Miscounted. Edited.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 04-04-18, 11:53 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
Update from the "KU is a terrible tournament team" and "has a history of choking" nonsense...KU now has the most wins of any program since 2000 and the 5th best winning percentage of any team with at least 30 wins.

1: KU - 49 (.731)
2: UNC - 48 (.787)
3: Duke - 46 (.742)
4: MSU - 42 (.700)
4: UK - 42 (.724)
6: Florida - 37 (.740)
7: UConn - 33 (.785)
7: Wisconsin - 33 (.647)
9: Cuse - 31 (.705)
10: Arizona - 30 (.638)

Xavier - 22 (.579)
UC - 12 (.462)

Also, MSU lost to another double digit seed this year. That's twice in the last 3 years...
1 Title since 2000... not that impressive. Izzo is a far better coach than Self, his Tournament success proves it. Yeah, they choked 2 of the last 3 yrs, but they weren’t a 1 seed and they don’t get the non stop hype Kansas does.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 04-04-18, 11:59 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 4,041
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
1 Title since 2000... not that impressive. Izzo is a far better coach than Self, his Tournament success proves it. Yeah, they choked 2 of the last 3 yrs, but they werenít a 1 seed and they donít get the non stop hype Kansas does.
There are only 5 schools who have won more than 1 title since 2000. Izzo has less wins and a lower winning percentage than Kansas since 2000. How does that prove it?
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 04-04-18, 12:01 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
There are only 5 schools who have won more than 1 title since 2000. Izzo has less wins and a lower winning percentage than Kansas since 2000. How does that prove it?
How many FFs has he been to since Ď00? At least 4. Thatís what matters.
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 04-04-18, 12:19 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,747
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
15 years at Kansas and Self has made 8 Elite Eights, 3 Final Fours, and has 1 title.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 1) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 19 08-25-17 06:22 PM
Division VI Poll Voting Discussion (2017 Preseason) Yappi Football 2 08-21-17 10:48 AM
Division V Poll Voting Discussion (2017 Preseason) Yappi Football 1 08-21-17 06:47 AM
Division IV Poll Voting Discussion (2017 Preseason) Yappi Football 2 08-20-17 10:55 PM
Division III Poll Voting Discussion (2017 Preseason) Yappi Football 1 08-20-17 09:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz