Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-14-18, 07:49 PM
Freshman

Johnny Sins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoeFTW View Post
Schedules are up for the Frosh and JV. Only 9 games each. Frosh dropped the GCL B games. Not sure if that's due to roster size or money (has to be roster size IMO because how much can it cost to run a Frosh football game).
I doubt money is a factor because I imagine Moeller wouldn't need to spend any money on home games other than paying people that are already school employees and they would likely make money off of tickets and concessions. For away games the only cost would be paying for the busses but that wouldn't cost too much since all the games are local.
Old 06-14-18, 07:58 PM
All District

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
They did away with the B games because of costs (buses) and time. They had been talking about it for a couple of years and with LaSalle not having a B team I think that also played a factor into doing away with the B games. Asbeck needs to tell Louisville St X to play us on the Varsity level or we will stop playing them on the JV/Frosh level. We need a Moeller guy as the AD.
Old 06-15-18, 10:37 AM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
If Caudill EVER plays QB at Moeller in a meaningful game we are in BIG trouble! Come on people he's not a player and the kids DO NOT respect him. Get off of it and move on! Mckenzie is going to be the starting QB and if Thompson is back he will compete for the job. Thompson was the starting QB in the Jr class before leaving the start of his soph year. Let's stop with the nonsense thinking Caudill is going to play! This is the problem with Moeller FB clueless parents/alumni.
We get it, you've made it known your not a huge fan of Caudill. No need to constantly bash him on here, not the most encouraging thing for a young man (really a boy) trying to get better. These are still high school kids, not adults who get paid to play.

Tony Acito is a great hire. Has coached for 20 plus years at multiple high schools and as well as D3 college. Was around when I was there. Great person and funny dude.

I agree, there is times when you just have to get under center. Just ask Chuck Martin up in Oxford, cost him a few games last year.

And not sure if losing basically two b games a year on the freshmen level (only Elder and X) is that big of a deal.

Louisville X has a solid program but going down there every year isn't ideal. Would be nice if they could play GMC schools on the lower level more. But I could also argue that lower level teams at privates outside of the gcl help prepare younger players more than public schools.
Old 06-15-18, 10:38 AM
Freshman

BLUMKIN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
We get it, you've made it known your not a huge fan of Caudill. No need to constantly bash him on here, not the most encouraging thing for a young man (really a boy) trying to get better. These are still high school kids, not adults who get paid to play.

Old 06-15-18, 01:34 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post

Tony Acito is a great hire. Has coached for 20 plus years at multiple high schools and as well as D3 college. Was around when I was there. Great person and funny dude.

I agree, there is times when you just have to get under center. Just ask Chuck Martin up in Oxford, cost him a few games last year.

And not sure if losing basically two b games a year on the freshmen level (only Elder and X) is that big of a deal.

Louisville X has a solid program but going down there every year isn't ideal. Would be nice if they could play GMC schools on the lower level more. But I could also argue that lower level teams at privates outside of the gcl help prepare younger players more than public schools.
Not bashing just stating "FACTS" like all the rest of you parents! GBM!
Old 06-17-18, 06:51 PM
Varsity

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not bashing just stating "FACTS" like all the rest of you parents! GBM!
Not sure why you dislike Caudill so much. He's a decent player with a good shot of getting pt this year and I think there are a lot of posters on this forum that would agree with me.
Old 06-17-18, 10:53 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
I think the issue is that here have been some trolls/kids on here proclaiming greatness of players that barely play or fake names. They think they are funny but yappi members are responding as if they aren’t aware it is a joke (reminds me of the Simpsons bartender when Bart prank calls). That said- I agree, too harsh calling out a kid!
Old 06-18-18, 07:09 AM
All District

If he was that good then why didn't he step in when McBride got hurt last year? They moved a receiver to QB. Doesn't that tell you something? Thompson, if back at Moeller, will be the second QB and I believe he may be the starting QB sometime during the season because of McKenzie's inability to stay healthy. Then Caudill would be the second string QB. Not bashing I just think it's funny how you talk about a kid that has NO varsity playing time and you think he's going to compete or be the starting QB?

Also, is Blumkin Coach Blum or his twin brother by chance?
Old 06-18-18, 08:32 AM
Freshman

BLUMKIN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If he was that good then why didn't he step in when McBride got hurt last year? They moved a receiver to QB. Doesn't that tell you something? Thompson, if back at Moeller, will be the second QB and I believe he may be the starting QB sometime during the season because of McKenzie's inability to stay healthy. Then Caudill would be the second string QB. Not bashing I just think it's funny how you talk about a kid that has NO varsity playing time and you think he's going to compete or be the starting QB?

Nah fam
Old 06-18-18, 10:51 AM
Varsity

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I really don't think the amount of playing time a guy receives during his sophomore year is a good indicator of how good he will be as a jr/sr. I don't think Merritt even dresses varsity when he was a sophomore but now he's the second most recruited player on the team behind Carpenter. But you guys probably think Merritt is just some made up name or a third string jv player
Old 06-18-18, 01:09 PM
All District

There are always sleepers coming form soph year to jr year. Merritt wasn't one of them. If you remember he was playing OL and DL last year as a second teamer all through the preseason. I'm assuming if the JV QB from last year was someone that could have helped I would assume they would have moved him up when McBride went down to back-up McKenzie but instead they brought a receiver in to be the back-up QB. Even when Mckenzie and Bradfish struggled they still didn't bring up the JV QB. Now doesn't that tell us something? I'm assuming the staff didn't think he was ready to play or could do any better than the two QB's they had. Any other staff would have brough the JV QB up. As mentioned earlier in this thread with Thompson back and the transfer from Loveland (who they say can play) and the JV QB from last year there is depth.
Old 06-18-18, 01:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Casting Couch is on a distinguished road
I can confirm that Thompson is back. I was up at school the other while they were working out and I was able to get a chance to seem him throw the ball. He's a big kid and he's probably about 6'4" and he's probably over 200 pounds. He puts some nice zip on the ball and I also saw him working on a lot of read-option type of plays. It's possible that if he doesn't start he could be used as a runner. Thompson returning should put all this Caudill talk to rest.
Old 06-19-18, 06:53 AM
All District

Thanks for confirming Thompson is back Casting Couch.

The kicking game should really help us this year. With Thibodeaux and his leg we should be back to having a kicker that can hit from 40 -50 like with Coggs back a few years ago. If he can do this it will help the offense.
Old 06-19-18, 09:45 AM
Freshman

Mercurymorris22 is on a distinguished road
Just hope he has a better Senior Year! Coggs had some rough times Senior year, but seems to have turn it around at MSU.
Old 06-21-18, 12:39 PM
All Ohio

The Game
I saw that Clark (TE who left the team during the season last year) was offered by Alabama. He's at Hoban. I think he's only going to be a junior.
Old 06-21-18, 07:05 PM
Freshman

Projected Starting Lineup
QB: McKenzie, Rotello, Cloud, Loveland Transfer (could possibly be higher), Caudill
RB: Watkins, Baker (maybe), Berry, Ross
WR: Khayo, Valentine, Bradfish, Reisenberger
TE: Boggs
OL: Carpenter, Dixon, Malone, Staples, Richter, Merritt, Ringel

DT: Choi, (Merritt and Carp??)
DE: Mullaney, Duffy
LB: Szabados, Toepher, Doggett, Hughes, Owens
CB: Hendrix, Baker, Deyhle
S: Junker, Lampert, Craft
Old 06-21-18, 07:08 PM
Freshman

Forgot the special teamers!!
K: Thibodeuax
P: Cusmano
LS: ???
KR/PR: Khayo, Valentine, Baker

Will Watkins be used on returns this year?
Old 06-21-18, 08:21 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I saw that Clark (TE who left the team during the season last year) was offered by Alabama. He's at Hoban. I think he's only going to be a junior.
Hes a 2019- so rising senior
Old 06-21-18, 08:39 PM
Freshman

Naughty America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Hes a 2019- so rising senior
He's a 2020
Old 06-21-18, 11:40 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty America View Post
He's a 2020
Ah- correct, my mistake.
Old 06-21-18, 11:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Sins View Post
QB: McKenzie, Rotello, Cloud, Loveland Transfer (could possibly be higher), Caudill

Only 1 TE?
Old 06-22-18, 06:46 AM
All District

Deyhle was a senior last year so he's gone. Heard they moved Bradfish to TE. Who is the Rotello kid.....is he new? If Bradfish plays TE that allows Boggs to play DE giving us more depth. I see Khayo and Valentine being the returns. I also see Craft as a LB that can play in space. My sleeper on defense is Lampert. I see him having a big year.
Old 06-22-18, 07:09 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Only 1 TE?
There's probably more I just don't know who
Old 06-22-18, 07:11 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Deyhle was a senior last year so he's gone. Heard they moved Bradfish to TE. Who is the Rotello kid.....is he new? If Bradfish plays TE that allows Boggs to play DE giving us more depth. I see Khayo and Valentine being the returns. I also see Craft as a LB that can play in space. My sleeper on defense is Lampert. I see him having a big year.
Alex Deyhle graduated but his younger brother Andrew will be a jr this year. Rotello was the freshman qb last year. I don't see Boggs getting much time at de unless someone gets hurt.
Old 06-22-18, 08:23 AM
All District

Quote:
Alex Deyhle graduated but his younger brother Andrew will be a jr this year. Rotello was the freshman qb last year. I don't see Boggs getting much time at de unless someone gets hurt.
I didn't know that he had a younger brother. That's good news. I would assume Boggs and Bradfish will be the two TE's. I heard Bradfish has put some weight on during the winter. He's a very athletic kid with great hands.
Old 06-22-18, 03:25 PM
Varsity

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
What type of defense will they be running?
Old 06-22-18, 04:02 PM
All American

Rotelli is a super athletic kid- played on varsity lacrosse team which is rate for a freshman especially on returning state championship team.
Old 06-22-18, 04:48 PM
Junior Varsity

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Didn't Hughes play o-line last year?
Old 06-22-18, 04:51 PM
Junior Varsity

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty99 View Post
What type of defense will they be running?
Hopefully the same one they ran last year
Old 06-22-18, 11:27 PM
Freshman

ArnoldRothstien is on a distinguished road
They are running a defense never ran before at Moeller. Lots of hybrid players with movement. I do know that