Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-18, 07:46 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
On the next episode of Hard Knocks, Todd Haley looks into the camera and says "It's not my idea to keep Baker Mayfield on the bench." I get the point, but after hearing of his disdain for guys getting days off and now this, it is starting to appear that old Todd's not much in tune with Hue and that maybe he just needs to shut the hell up.

In time, I think Taylor gets hurt, Mayfield takes over and never gives the job back.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-18, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
How BAD are the Giants?...BAM!
Old 08-10-18, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Gordon, Landry, and Callaway look like they could be a strong group.

Chubb needs to stop running backwards.

Mayfield shouldn't start unless Taylor gets hurt or the playoffs are out of reach. He looked fine but really gave no reason to rush him out there or consider him a better player than Tyrod.
Old 08-10-18, 01:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Five game Preseason win streak.
BAM!...GO BROWNIES!
Old 08-12-18, 12:41 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Browns vs Giants Highlights:

Old 08-13-18, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
The Browns show promise, and I was impressed that Mayfield does seem to have a knack for finding throwing lanes. I'm hoping he turns out to be the QB Dorsey thinks he will be, but I'm just going to wait and see. I did not like the pick, but I hope BM proves me wrong.
Old 08-13-18, 04:04 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Gordon, Landry, and Callaway look like they could be a strong group.
I agree, but guessing only 1 out of 3 end up eligible to play more often than not
Old 08-14-18, 12:30 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I have a theory that may be a bit off the wall but not unthinkable. I really don't think there's any concern with Gordon facing any type of suspension right now. The NFL's nearly 100% when it comes to accidentally releasing confidential failed drug tests. Something would've come out by now. Anyone think there may be the possibility that JG's staying away while the HBO cameras are there? Let's be honest, it's documented he deals with severe anxiety and is trying to overcome it. Going back to the field he already knows there'll be a certain amount of attention based on his return. But the Browns can kinda guard him from the media a bit. And I'm sure the NFL would grant a waiver allowing him to skip media obligations if suggested by a doctor treating him. It'd be extremely hard for HBO not to make him a main character due to his past. This wouldn't be the suggested way to come back from drug/alcohol issues that he states were brought on by anxiety. Just a thought.

Callaway's definitely an idiot but if he can prove the vehicle was indeed just shipped to him, and a friend takes the fall, he probably get's the charge dropped. As long as he resolves all issues that deal with his suspension before he reached court, it's pretty standard for those charges to be dropped as well. I have no clue why the police report included any mention of "gun parts" being found in the vehicle. A Glock backstrap is a piece of the guns grip that fits in the palm of the hand. The recent trend has been for gun companies to make them in different sizes to fit different size hands. They's hard plastic inserts. Kinda like stating due to finding insoles in the vehicle, you believed the suspect may be a threat to run.
Old 08-14-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I have a theory that may be a bit off the wall but not unthinkable. I really don't think there's any concern with Gordon facing any type of suspension right now. The NFL's nearly 100% when it comes to accidentally releasing confidential failed drug tests. Something would've come out by now. Anyone think there may be the possibility that JG's staying away while the HBO cameras are there? Let's be honest, it's documented he deals with severe anxiety and is trying to overcome it. Going back to the field he already knows there'll be a certain amount of attention based on his return. But the Browns can kinda guard him from the media a bit. And I'm sure the NFL would grant a waiver allowing him to skip media obligations if suggested by a doctor treating him. It'd be extremely hard for HBO not to make him a main character due to his past. This wouldn't be the suggested way to come back from drug/alcohol issues that he states were brought on by anxiety. Just a thought.

Callaway's definitely an idiot but if he can prove the vehicle was indeed just shipped to him, and a friend takes the fall, he probably get's the charge dropped. As long as he resolves all issues that deal with his suspension before he reached court, it's pretty standard for those charges to be dropped as well. I have no clue why the police report included any mention of "gun parts" being found in the vehicle. A Glock backstrap is a piece of the guns grip that fits in the palm of the hand. The recent trend has been for gun companies to make them in different sizes to fit different size hands. They's hard plastic inserts. Kinda like stating due to finding insoles in the vehicle, you believed the suspect may be a threat to run.
I believe the presence of Hard Knocks is exactly why Gordon is away from camp. He was going to be a main storyline, and Iíll bet he and/or his agent didnít want it.
Old 08-14-18, 09:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I believe the presence of Hard Knocks is exactly why Gordon is away from camp. He was going to be a main storyline, and Iíll bet he and/or his agent didnít want it.
And the Browns won't ever confirm this because of the NFL's deal with HBO.
Old 08-15-18, 04:59 AM
All Yappi

I hope you guys are correct,if he would come back strong it could make the Browns season.
Old 08-15-18, 12:32 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think (and hope) that is exactly right.
Old 08-16-18, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Does Hard Knocks run thru the whole season?
Old 08-16-18, 09:58 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Does Hard Knocks run thru the whole season?
No just preseason. Three more episodes.
Old 08-17-18, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No just preseason. Three more episodes.
Thank you
Old 08-18-18, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

No comments on the game is kind of funny,I just watched a half because I'm getting turned off with the NFL players.
Old 08-18-18, 01:14 PM
All American

Josh Gordon returning should open up the offense a little more. Game was really sloppy last night. Don't remember ever seeing 3 Offensive Pass Interference calls in a single game.
Old 08-18-18, 10:08 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Old 08-18-18, 11:12 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
How many people in Cleveland believe Josh Gordon will finish the season playing for the Browns? I don't.
Old 08-19-18, 08:02 AM
All Yappi

Even with him coming back they still need help in pass receivers,too many what ifs.
Old 08-19-18, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

If Callaway and Gordon can stay out of trouble, and the reshuffled o-line gels throughout the season, the Browns should be a productive offensive team.

My main concern is the run defense, and really the defense overall, as I am not a Gregg Williams believer at all. I believe they could have a solid pass rush, but I don't know that it will ever really show due to my feeling it will once again be easy for other teams to gash the Browns with the run game.

The other huge concern is penalties and undisciplined play. To me, this is where Hue truly is revealed as an ineffectual head coach. The players like him, but they don't respect him or fear him and know that sloppy play is tolerated and excused all too easily. And Hue's time management? Ugghh.

This could be an 8-8 team if the offense runs as expected, but I feel the defense is still going to be out on the field too long due to poor run D...and Hue simply is not a good head coach...so 4-12/5-11 is more likely.
Old 08-19-18, 11:07 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
I think cjb 56 forgot browns have denzel ward.
Old 08-19-18, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
I think cjb 56 forgot browns have denzel ward.
Not worried about him, Brian. He will be fine. I just feel the Browns are going to get run at up the middle again a lot by the opponents, and I don't believe they will stop it effectively enough.
Old 08-21-18, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
On the next episode of Hard Knocks, Todd Haley looks into the camera and says "It's not my idea to keep Baker Mayfield on the bench." I get the point, but after hearing of his disdain for guys getting days off and now this, it is starting to appear that old Todd's not much in tune with Hue and that maybe he just needs to shut the hell up.

In time, I think Taylor gets hurt, Mayfield takes over and never gives the job back.
To me, I think the people that are calling for Mayfield to get reps with the first team offense now are absolute morons. Mayfield might be equal to or even a bit beyond Tyrod Taylor in some areas, but foot speed is never going to be one of them and this offense of line is still trying to figure it out. I think it would be insane to start getting a number one whaled on now. They need for all these guys to get their program together and get used to playing together and at the very worst Mayfield gets garbage time this year. He’s a very bright kid, and he will be ready to run the show next year regardless of whether or not Taylor gets hurt.

There is nothing more ridiculous than hearing some clown on the radio say I need to see Mayfield do this or that. You don’t need to see anything, because you’re nobody but a commentator. Comment on what’s actually happening and don’t try to be something you’re not.
Old 08-21-18, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

If they don't get the OL corrected you may see both QB'S going down,hasn't been that long when it happened.
Old 08-21-18, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
If they don't get the OL corrected you may see both QB'S going down,hasn't been that long when it happened.
I hope we are worried about nothing, but I’m concerned.

Our young ”guackles” would really excel in a zone blocking scheme like Shanahan used here. Mayfield and Taylor are both suited and Mayfield even benefitted by a moving pocket. If you pass out of the same look that you run out of your play action can be deadly. I hope Haley is thinking the way I am here.
Old 08-23-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I hope we are worried about nothing, but I’m concerned.

Our young ”guackles” would really excel in a zone blocking scheme like Shanahan used here. Mayfield and Taylor are both suited and Mayfield even benefitted by a moving pocket. If you pass out of the same look that you run out of your play action can be deadly. I hope Haley is thinking the way I am here.
I'll be concerned - somewhat - if they look like hell tonight. But, I'm actually encouraged by what I've seen so far. Jackson did the right thing by moving Joe Bitonio to left tackle as early as he did and sandwiching Corbett between him and Tretter has seemed to help the rookie acclimate. The right side seems solid; the Browns ran the ball effectively to either side, even if it was Buffalo.

My concern is at defensive tackle against the run. Philly doesn't have the greatest run game, but it's decent and deep. Let's see how the Browns' interior line does tonight.
Old 08-23-18, 09:09 AM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
3-13
Old 08-23-18, 02:12 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
The coolest Brown

Old 08-23-18, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Browns get 1st and goal from the 1 and throw 4 consecutive incomplete passes. UGH.