Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Old 12-29-18, 09:04 AM
All American

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Has anyone here made up being African American? Or made up being lifting partners with Mr Clark?

I'd question that guy's mental stability....
Few years back, Journey/styx was trolling Hoban and claimed to be half black.

Finally got the ban-hammer when he called them all pedophiles and Nazis.
Old 12-29-18, 10:57 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICKING COUNTY FAN View Post
If Hoban only gets two transfer per year for football,then everything we hear and read are entirely wrong.

Would be nice if the OHSAA had a rule saying this info had to be made public,for all transfers, for all schools.
It is all in how you define transfer. I think the way they're defining it is that a kid that starts in 9th grade, regardless of their school district, is not a transfer.
Old 12-29-18, 12:19 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Today is the one month anniversary of that game and it's still a topic of conversation. Weird.
Old 12-29-18, 08:02 PM
Varsity

WishT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
Absolutely we win with this game with the Mr football finalist on the field. He was clearly missed on the defensive side of the ball.
Shocked to see this thread running on. Maybe you can get the AP or UPI to award Massillon another title, your argument was compelling.

How many paper titles does that make for Massillon now?
Old 12-29-18, 08:12 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Today is the one month anniversary of that game and it's still a topic of conversation. Weird.
This thread has become much less about the game and more about the unending Massillon related pi$$ing contest, with a large side of the standard Hoban hate thrown in for good measure. It's too bad all of the versions of Heffy/Chiefy/TS are gone and that DB04 has disappeared or this could live on indefintely.
Old 12-30-18, 04:25 AM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
It is all in how you define transfer. I think the way they're defining it is that a kid that starts in 9th grade, regardless of their school district, is not a transfer.
To me if a student transfer at the high school level(9-12) he is a transfer. Lower levels is much harder to track.
Old 12-30-18, 06:01 AM
All World

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's too bad all of the versions of Heffy/Chiefy/TS are gone
No, that's a good thing.
Old 12-30-18, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
To me if a student transfer at the high school level(9-12) he is a transfer. Lower levels is much harder to track.
From my recollection, Hoban has had very few kids transfer in after the start of high school. Danny Clark, a kid from Tallmadge, the kid from Ed's this year are what I can recall off the top of my head. Their kids start there in 9th grade and are 4 year kids generally. I bet they've had far more kids transfer out than in.
Old 12-30-18, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
No, that's a good thing.
I wonder if he lost a bet or lost his mind.
Old 12-30-18, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From my recollection, Hoban has had very few kids transfer in after the start of high school. Danny Clark, a kid from Tallmadge, the kid from Ed's this year are what I can recall off the top of my head. Their kids start there in 9th grade and are 4 year kids generally. I bet they've had far more kids transfer out than in.
Generally is a big word. We can all say that but I agree their strength is more akin to the strength of private school powers, in general.

On the subject, the recent transfer of a Fox to Hoban has to be especially bitter (and concerning) to the Glenoak program. That would be like losing a Studer. Pretty unbelievable how quickly things went south there.
Old 12-30-18, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I wonder if he lost a bet or lost his mind.
Btw, if I didn't know better I'd think you, m2m, mack etc missed him, lol. As evidenced by this thread the troll train hasn't slowed much.
Old 12-30-18, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Agreed. Traditionally yes - from one HS to another, esp. a star athlete.

Though OHSAA and the CB multiplier have now opened that up to 1st graders and trolls.
Old 12-30-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Btw, if I didn't know better I'd think you, m2m, mack etc missed him, lol. As evidenced by this thread the troll train hasn't slowed much.
It sure hasn't. One day, you'll get a clean thread! And please don't count me in the Massillon trolls (or Massillon apologists).
Old 12-30-18, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Though OHSAA and the CB multiplier have now opened that up to 1st graders and trolls.
That's in part due to the 'If You Build It, They Will Come' modus operandi of some.
Old 12-30-18, 09:51 PM
All American

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are correct here. Many more leave Hoban and return to the public sector for various reasons. Mostly due to academics. Some due to the competitive nature and their inability to start as a freshman or sophomore’s. There are no free passes at Hoban when it comes to academics. Help is available for those that are struggling, but no slack for the lazy.
Old 12-31-18, 01:37 PM
All District

THE OWNER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
That's in part due to the 'If You Build It, They Will Come' modus operandi of some.
So you are essentially saying schools should not improve their facilities and just keep the old run down weight rooms and stadiums they have had for years. Do you promote losing in everyday life or just on here?
Old 12-31-18, 07:27 PM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Yes, but there is such a thing as over-zealousness. All of the money Massillon boosters , like yourself have thrown at a high school team you apparently live vicariously through, has not produced a single playoff state championship in half a century. There are other pressing needs in Massillon City Schools and its kids than the fullfillment of the egos of old men.
Old 12-31-18, 08:21 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbulldog View Post
yes, but there is such a thing as over-zealousness. All of the money massillon boosters , like yourself have thrown at a high school team you apparently live vicariously through, has not produced a single playoff state championship in half a century. There are other pressing needs in massillon city schools and its kids than the fullfillment of the egos of old men.
ouch
Old 12-31-18, 08:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
ouch
As you know, gobluetom, the pen is mightier than the sword, and their sword is in their wallets. They would be much better off sending it our way, don't you think?
Old 12-31-18, 09:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
As you know, gobluetom, the pen is mightier than the sword, and their sword is in their wallets. They would be much better off sending it our way, don't you think?
Yes your concern is warranted JJ, with no more schools to consolidate, dwindling enrollment and fan support at an all-time low McKinley might need some support from Massillon to survive. Wouldn't be the first time.
Old 12-31-18, 10:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
Yes your concern is warranted JJ, with no more schools to consolidate, dwindling enrollment .
Where's my concern? We are Divison 1 forever. Our enrollment , unlike your's, is from a larger city. It bottoms out in...Division 1. And there's talk of open enrollment coming soon, which means a lot of kids wanting to play at Benson Hall of Fame Stadium for tradition rich Canton McKinley. Dream on, sucker. We aren't going anywhere but up. We are getting better each year under Coach Reardon and his staff. We will be even better still next year with most of our team back.
The staying in Division 1 ship has already sailed for your toothless tigers who were recently dropped to D2 and shrinking to D3 soon enough. Even if you could win a title on the field, and you never have so there isnt much point talking about it, no one would ever think you have the best team in Ohio. That goes to Division 1 schools, like us.
Canton McKinley already has the greatest Ohio HS football team of All-Time, along with 3 Division 1 State Championships on the field you will never have! You are very far behind in the only stats that matter:

Ohio State Championships
Canton McKinley 27
Massillon. Wash. 0

You can't even buy A title.

Btw, your attendance is NOTHING like it once was, so maybe times change. But the one thing that never seems to change is your 0- for the playoffs.

0-46. Be concerned, very concerned.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 12-31-18 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-31-18, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

gobluetom has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Where's my concern? We are Divison 1 forever. Our enrollment , unlike your's, is from a larger city. It bottoms out in...Division 1. And there's talk of open enrollment coming soon, which means a lot of kids wanting to play at Benson Hall of Fame Stadium for tradition rich Canton McKinley. Dream on, sucker. We aren't going anywhere but up. We are getting better each year under Coach Reardon and his staff. We will be even better still next year with most of our team back.
The staying in Division 1 ship has already sailed for your toothless tigers who were recently dropped to D2 and shrinking to D3 soon enough. Even if you could win a title on the field, and you never have so there isnt much point talking about it, no one would ever think you have the best team in Ohio. That goes to Division 1 schools, like us.
Canton McKinley already has the greatest Ohio HS football team of All-Time, along with 3 Division 1 State Championships on the field you will never have! You are very far behind in the only stats that matter:

Ohio State Championships
Canton McKinley 27
Massillon. Wash. 0

Btw, your attendance is NOTHING like it once was, so maybe times change. But the one thing that never seems to change is your 0- for the playoffs.

I think it's now 0-47

Wow, 27 state championships!! That's impressive.

I remember McKinley winning the 3 in football, and winning back to back in hoops.

I know LaSalle has not been around as long as McKinley, but I can't imagine a school being around for over 120 years and never winning one state playoff title in any sport EVER.

LaSalle has 3 in football, 2 in basketball, 2 in CC and 2 in track, but then again we've only been been around since the early 1960's.

Then again, we're the jealous ones right, LOL
Old 12-31-18, 10:40 PM
All District

Quote:

Ohio State Championships
Canton McKinley 27
Massillon. Wash. 0

If you think open enrollment is going to help Canton you are dumber than I thought. But hey you keep the faith. Happy New Year JJ.
Old 01-01-19, 03:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluetom View Post
I think it's now 0-47

Wow, 27 state championships!! That's impressive.

I remember McKinley winning the 3 in football, and winning back to back in hoops.

I know LaSalle has not been around as long as McKinley, but I can't imagine a school being around for over 120 years and never winning one state playoff title in any sport EVER.

LaSalle has 3 in football, 2 in basketball, 2 in CC and 2 in track, but then again we've only been been around since the early 1960's.

Then again, we're the jealous ones right, LOL
Yep
Old 01-01-19, 06:10 AM
All World

This just in - Massillon still lost.

Why is this thread still here? Its a new year - out with the old, in with the new.
Old 01-01-19, 01:11 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
You old farts live to much in the pass.... END THIS TREAD!!!!!! It's not even about the game anymore, some of you Massillon fans are really stuck, move on!!!!!That's sad....
Old 01-01-19, 01:42 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
You old farts live to much in the pass.... END THIS TREAD!!!!!! It's not even about the game anymore, some of you Massillon fans are really stuck, move on!!!!!That's sad....
Out of the last 60 posts 15 are from Massillon posters.

Last edited by firewatch; 01-01-19 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-05-19, 06:48 AM
All World