Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-30-15, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Coldwater, Versailles, DSJ, and Parkway have wrestling, but I don't believe the others do.

Pretty sure DSJ has midget football, and I believe Parkway and Fort Recovery used to and may still.
Believe Parkway just become a school sport this year, or maybe last.

I had thought that Ft Rec had dropped pee wee, but I am not sure. I know some in Parkways were looking to drop it in lieu of flag football instead but I am not sure how much traction that got.

Delphos has it and those kids end up in either JEfferson or St johns eventually.
Old 11-30-15, 11:58 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Coming into the playoffs I believed the MAC could sweep but would've given them less of a chance than the 3 teams last season. I had the most confidence in Coldwater, still believed in Marion Local, but felt Minster or FR might not pull it off in DVII. Now that each team's made it this far, I like the MAC's chances more than I did originally. I would favor all 3 in their games if it were me. Marion Local may have the most difficult matchup of all but I would still like their chances. It could certainly be argued that each team has already beaten what many believed to be their strongest competition in Wheelersburg, Mechanicsburg, and Minster/McComb. Good luck to all three teams this weekend.
Old 11-30-15, 08:13 PM
All American

bleedingreen6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
Coming into the playoffs I believed the MAC could sweep but would've given them less of a chance than the 3 teams last season. I had the most confidence in Coldwater, still believed in Marion Local, but felt Minster or FR might not pull it off in DVII. Now that each team's made it this far, I like the MAC's chances more than I did originally. I would favor all 3 in their games if it were me. Marion Local may have the most difficult matchup of all but I would still like their chances. It could certainly be argued that each team has already beaten what many believed to be their strongest competition in Wheelersburg, Mechanicsburg, and Minster/McComb. Good luck to all three teams this weekend.
Not a chance McComb is better than Mogadore. FR May win on Friday, but no way that have a wider margin of victory than the McComb game. They only way Mogadore loses by more than 14, would be if they turn the ball over 4+ times.
Old 12-01-15, 04:00 AM
All American

Wilco98 is on a distinguished road
So...interesting tidbit...there's a couple in Mercer County who gets the pleasure of seeing five grandsons participate in the state finals this weekend. How awesome is that?
Old 12-01-15, 07:07 AM
Varsity

Omgrun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco98 View Post
So...interesting tidbit...there's a couple in Mercer County who gets the pleasure of seeing five grandsons participate in the state finals this weekend. How awesome is that?
If its the same couple, they have grandkids on all 3 teams.
Old 12-01-15, 07:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgrun View Post
If its the same couple, they have grandkids on all 3 teams.
It is, and they do.
Old 12-01-15, 08:39 AM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco98 View Post
And those 5 kids make up 33% of the teams' rosters
Old 12-01-15, 09:01 AM
All American

haydenfrye is an unknown quantity at this point
Parkway may drop football? I know New Knoxville is looking to add 8 man football
Old 12-01-15, 10:09 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post
Not a chance McComb is better than Mogadore. FR May win on Friday, but no way that have a wider margin of victory than the McComb game. They only way Mogadore loses by more than 14, would be if they turn the ball over 4+ times.
I'm not saying McComb is actually better than Mogadore but you could find many people who would argue they were. That's all I'm saying. A large part of that is their Week 1 game vs. Marion Local where McComb almost took down the Flyers. Mogadore has earned their shot at state, no question about that.
Old 12-01-15, 10:52 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenfrye View Post
Parkway may drop football? I know New Knoxville is looking to add 8 man football
Knoxville, already has two games scheduled for 8 man football.....one in Nebraska, and one in Kansas....
Old 12-01-15, 11:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Knoxville, already has two games scheduled for 8 man football.....one in Nebraska, and one in Kansas....
They may have a full ten in Ohio.
Old 12-01-15, 11:43 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenfrye View Post
If that was in reference of my post, I was talking that there is/was a push to end pee wee football and transition to flag. Not sure how much traction it got though.
Old 12-01-15, 11:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
If that was in reference of my post, I was talking that there is/was a push to end pee wee football and transition to flag. Not sure how much traction it got though.
I apologize I miss read what you had posted. But the New Knoxville thing I do know is possibly happening in the next year
Old 12-03-15, 12:03 PM
All District

CatFan14 is on a distinguished road
(I write all of this with no real malice.) The existence of the MAC is healthy and good for small school football. Their mantra of "If you don't like us winning all the time ... get better!" is something every coach should take seriously. They're so stinking good and have such a tradition of excellence that they drive me crazy! (and I come from a school with a pretty good tradition too.) I'm sick of them! ;-) (once again, no real malice) I hate them the way I hate the Yankees and _ichigan and the way I used to hate the Steelers of the 70s/80s. I just look forward to the day that some of the other small schools can catch up. Maybe Kirtland and Mogadore can do something about it this week ... and maybe not. Sure wish we had a super conference over on this side of the state ... How 'bout Kirtland, Mogadore, Cuyahoga Hts., McDonald, Warren Kennedy, etc... all get together???
Old 12-03-15, 12:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFan14 View Post
(I write all of this with no real malice.) The existence of the MAC is healthy and good for small school football. Their mantra of "If you don't like us winning all the time ... get better!" is something every coach should take seriously. They're so stinking good and have such a tradition of excellence that they drive me crazy! (and I come from a school with a pretty good tradition too.) I'm sick of them! ;-) (once again, no real malice) I hate them the way I hate the Yankees and _ichigan and the way I used to hate the Steelers of the 70s/80s. I just look forward to the day that some of the other small schools can catch up. Maybe Kirtland and Mogadore can do something about it this week ... and maybe not. Sure wish we had a super conference over on this side of the state ... How 'bout Kirtland, Mogadore, Cuyahoga Hts., McDonald, Warren Kennedy, etc... all get together???
This has been talked about all across the sports spectrum through the years. We all want "parity" in sports but it seems to be much better/exciting when there is one team, or one group, that is the hated enemies. Whether it is the Yankee's, Patriots, Lakers, Lebron, Privte schools, Browns (well, just because) or a league like the mac, people thrive on having someone to hate and right now......people in ohio have been fed up with that conference and the perceived air of arrogance they walk on.

People think it would be all peas and carrots if a different team won every year and it all got spread around.

In reality though, in sport we love to hate a team just as much as we love to love a team.

The MAC has been doing well lately, that will pass, and some other team/group will dominate and then they will be the ones behind the eight ball.
Old 12-03-15, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This has been talked about all across the sports spectrum through the years. We all want "parity" in sports but it seems to be much better/exciting when there is one team, or one group, that is the hated enemies. Whether it is the Yankee's, Patriots, Lakers, Lebron, Privte schools, Browns (well, just because) or a league like the mac, people thrive on having someone to hate and right now......people in ohio have been fed up with that conference and the perceived air of arrogance they walk on.

People think it would be all peas and carrots if a different team won every year and it all got spread around.

In reality though, in sport we love to hate a team just as much as we love to love a team.

The MAC has been doing well lately, that will pass, and some other team/group will dominate and then they will be the ones behind the eight
ball.
Don't be so sure of that. The MAC has been great for decades. They are only getting stronger now, with the normal perennial powers, plus teams such as Fort Recovery who have only been in existence for a short period of time.
Old 12-03-15, 12:58 PM
All Ohio

gostate03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Don't be so sure of that. The MAC has been great for decades. They are only getting stronger now, with the normal perennial powers, plus teams such as Fort Recovery who have only been in existence for a short period of time.
The MAC is great, no doubt about it, but the fact that they are spread our across the 3 smallest divisions helps them look even better.

The post about the grandparents who have five grandkids playing in 3 state title games is simply amazing!!
Old 12-03-15, 02:07 PM
All Region

fireflyer is on a distinguished road
Thanks
Quote:

The MAC has been doing well lately, that will pass, and some other team/group will dominate and then they will be the ones behind the eight ball.
Don't count on the MAC fading away, or their strength to "pass"...that makes them sound like a crazy fad, or something. They will never sacrifice absolute excellence and decide to just be middle-of-the-road. They've been head and shoulders above all other teams for a long time, and for a long time to come. Yet, they have NO advantage over other teams...none. Same numbers, no huge kids, just plain good kids--no team should ever be jealous, because they ALL likely have the same potential. There should always be the standard to strive for--everyone wants to beat a MAC team, because then you've accomplished the improbable! And please never accuse them of arrogance--you will never see a more humble group than MAC players and coaches. Ask anyone who has played them! When we beat Trimble at state a few years ago, their coach called the ML boys and Coach Goodwin " the nicest people I've ever met. How could we be mad at these incredible gentleman?" At the welcome-home celebration, Goodwin took the mike and said he was TWICE as proud of that statement as he was the trophy. If any other coach said that, I'd smirk. But we all knew he meant it 100%. Good luck to the MAC teams and their opponents...may they all be safe and exciting games!

Last edited by fireflyer; 12-03-15 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-04-15, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
2/2 so far. Marion Local tries to make the MAC 6/6 in 2 years tomorrow
Old 12-04-15, 06:11 PM
Freshman

Mr.Sixx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat71 View Post
Once again why have championship games except to load OHSAA confers. Just give the trophies to all MAC teams and the rest of us can stay home.
Sarcasm or FACT ?
I'd say #2 is pretty accurate
Old 12-04-15, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Great place to raise a family... If you're Catholic or Lutheran. Never the less, great communities, great tradition, great work ethic.
Oh, wildcat, try harder.
Old 12-04-15, 09:43 PM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
mac mac mac mac mac mac mac
Old 12-04-15, 10:20 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Great place to raise a family... If you're Catholic or Lutheran...
Dumb comment.
Old 12-04-15, 10:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Dumb comment.
Very much so.
Old 12-04-15, 11:00 PM
-

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
30 football titles for MAC, soon to be 31 I'd guess
Old 12-04-15, 11:41 PM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Great place to raise a family... If you're Catholic or Lutheran. Never the less, great communities, great tradition, great work ethic.
Oh, wildcat, try harder.
Great for me. I was Catholic, and now am Lutheran. Of course New Bremen is mostly non Lutheran Protestant, and New Knoxville almost exclusively so.
Old 12-05-15, 07:35 AM
All Ohio

BrutusBuckeye90 is on a distinguished road
The MAC

Best conference in the state. Period.
Old 12-05-15, 08:11 AM
All Region

CometsB&G is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
I think it is funny Mogadore people getting beat up on here. They are getting the crap they are always giving. The MAC is a great league & dominate now that we have 7 divisions. What would it be if it was 4 divisions like every other sport. It would be good but not dominating
Old 12-05-15, 09:20 AM
All Region

Captain_Cavman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingreen6 View Post
35 - 14 FR over MC

33 - 14 FR over MOG

Turnovers are part of the game and sometimes caused by a good defense. Moggy had no answer for the pass.

The Fort was on an absolute role in the playoffs. Hard to beat a team with that much momentum and a true belief that they could win it ALL.

Congrats to the Fort Recovery Indians, the newest member of the MAC Football State Champions!

Now waiting for the possible "Mercer County Sweep"
Old 12-05-15, 09:21 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometsB&G View Post
I think it is funny Mogadore people getting beat up on here. They are getting the crap they are always giving. The MAC is a great league & dominate now that we have 7 divisions. What would it be if it was 4 divisions like every other sport. It would be good but not dominating
There's a reason for that though. Numbers matter more in football than any other sport. When a D1 team can send out 60-70 varsity level players and a D5-D7 team maybe has 50-60 guys on their entire team... There's a reason they don't compete in the same divisions. Not that it would always matter, Smaller teams could take on the larger teams and do just fine sometimes...
The MAC was on the radar when there was 6 divisions. St. Henry and Versailles were winning lots of state titles in the 90's and now that has shifted to Coldwater and ML. DSJ went on a good run too and now we have seen Minster and FR step up. The MAC isn't going to go away anytime soon. The teams who are winning state titles consistently might, but you can bet that MAC are going to compete for years to come.

When was the last year at least one MAC team didn't bring home a title?

How about a year when no MAC teams were in the finals?