Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-29-17, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I think they just wanted to ensure they got the kicker they wanted to address all their immediate needs. Added vertical and red zone wr threats; a bellwether rb; edge rushing and DT rotation depth. They will add depth at OL going forward here.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-17, 01:47 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Saw this posted on FB in response to the Bengals' drafting Mixon: "Not the role models we want for our children." Look, if your kid's role models are athletes, then you're a failure as a parent. Society needs to stop trying to force these guys to be role models, it's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
Those same idiots will later talk to their kids about forgiveness, and second chances. Just more meaningless drivel from morons.
Old 04-29-17, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Yeah, kids don't look up to athletes at all, you're exhibit A on how much such an obsession is harmful. Look, the FB post is right, he's a terrible role model and kids will ALWAYS look up to athletes. But he has the opportunity to live with this and make it right every day. He should start by donating a sizable chunk of his signing bonus to an abused women shelter and be an ever present advocate for the issue.
Pretty obvious that YOU would be the first one in here to advocate for posturing, eastside_poser! Perfect!!
Old 04-29-17, 01:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yeah, but I never viewed the athletes as role models, at least not outside the spectrum of sports. And your suggesting is so transparent, it does more harm than good.

Again, I don't think this guy is really an off field risk like Chris Henry, Pacman, or Burfict. This one incident happened 3 yrs ago when he was 18.
These battered women flee with their kids to shelters. I'd bet that if a young man like Mr. Mixon actually went to such a place, instead of merely throwing some money at it for pub, he could really make a difference in these boys lives to have him talk to them and goof around a while
Old 04-29-17, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Pretty obvious that YOU would be the first one in here to advocate for posturing, eastside_poser! Perfect!!
You're a moron. How is that being a poser? He gives his time and money to the cause of abuse of women.
Old 04-29-17, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You're a moron. How is that being a poser? He gives his time and money to the cause of abuse of women.
You spelled it wrong.

_poser.
Old 04-29-17, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You spelled it wrong.

_poser.
I figured you were just being a moron weirdo. Thanks for confirming.
Old 04-29-17, 04:36 PM
All World

JoeBrasco has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Buddy of mine said it best regarding Mixon, we drafted him to play football, not date our daughters.
That's not a groundbreaking stance taken from a fan of a team. It's about as dumb as any other time I've heard it and is a major reason I care less and less about professional sports. So I'm supposed to blindly cheer for the success of another grown man regardless of his character just because he wears a uniform with my city's name on it? I'm sure these are the same tool bags who are 40 years old and still wearing their favorite players' jerseys.
Old 04-29-17, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBrasco View Post
That's not a groundbreaking stance taken from a fan of a team. It's about as dumb as any other time I've heard it and is a major reason I care less and less about professional sports. So I'm supposed to blindly cheer for the success of another grown man regardless of his character just because he wears a uniform with my city's name on it? I'm sure these are the same tool bags who are 40 years old and still wearing their favorite players' jerseys.
You haven't actually addressed his character, you've focused on one incident that happened 3 years ago. He faced criminal, civil and football related penalties because of his actions. What else do you want out of him in order to think he should be able to play in the NFL? If you're worried about character guys you need to be complaining about Adam Jones still being on the team. I really have no idea, but have you been harping on that here?
Old 04-29-17, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Bengal UDFA signings so far

Harold Brantley, DL, Northwest Missouri State
Darrin Laufasa, FB, UTEP
Landon Lechler, OT, North Dakota State
Hardy Nickerson Jr., LB, Illinois http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...son?id=2557913
Tyler O'Connor, QB, Michigan State
Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...pou?id=2557956

Last edited by Termite2; 04-30-17 at 09:23 AM..
Old 04-29-17, 09:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
You haven't actually addressed his character, you've focused on one incident that happened 3 years ago. He faced criminal, civil and football related penalties because of his actions. What else do you want out of him in order to think he should be able to play in the NFL? If you're worried about character guys you need to be complaining about Adam Jones still being on the team. I really have no idea, but have you been harping on that here?
Mixon is just the latest story for the organization. Yes I have been adamant on my feelings about Pacman for awhile. The fact they made that moron a captain this past year despite his long history just further proves how dumb people within the organization are. Although countless simpletons on here defended Pacman and how he was a changed person, which was ultimately disproved this offseason.

But hey as long as the guys can play football that's all that matters!
Old 04-30-17, 07:13 AM
All Region

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
It's all about the culture of an organization.
While I don't think I would hire someone like Mixon, I have no problem with him being hired.
In a 'normal' business, a code of conduct is demanded while on the clock. Those demands fade to requests or hopes while off the clock.
Most employees aren't under a microscope when off the clock. Sports figures are. The league, along with every team, has a right to make their own expectations.
They also have to respect that I might choose not to spend money to support them if I don't agree. Want more of a say, become part of the team's management.
Old 04-30-17, 07:43 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhubbs77 View Post
Love the Lawson pick. Shaping into a pretty nice draft
Same.
Old 04-30-17, 07:47 AM
All World

What PBoy fails to realize is that although the OL may be bad, they HAVE to give Fisher and Obuehi this year. They just have to, even if they truly think neither will pan out. That's why I'm not mad at all at the decision to not address OL. I wouldn't have minded a LB picked in the first 4 though.
Old 04-30-17, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
What PBoy fails to realize is that although the OL may be bad, they HAVE to give Fisher and Obuehi this year. They just have to, even if they truly think neither will pan out. That's why I'm not mad at all at the decision to not address OL. I wouldn't have minded a LB picked in the first 4 though.
They've given Obuehi a shot before and he was a revolving door.
Old 04-30-17, 10:52 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You don't move on from a first round pick after one failed season of trying to play a new position.
Old 04-30-17, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

The Bengals already invested in the Tackle position two years ago. It seems remote any tackle candidate from the draft would upgrade over the two they have going into year 3. I think Ced and Fisher make big gains this year. I also think having Smith at guard will be an asset this year as well.
Old 04-30-17, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The Bengals already invested in the Tackle position two years ago. It seems remote any tackle candidate from the draft would upgrade over the two they have going into year 3. I think Ced and Fisher make big gains this year. I also think having Smith at guard will be an asset this year as well.
Btw, I really like the additions of Evans and Wilson to this draft. Both are athletic freaks who can make immediate impact with their athleticism and speed on special teams and situationally on defense (best case). Really hoping Evans upgrades the LB cover skills which were exploited greatly last year. Wilson is a poor man's version of Peppers. He and Bowser were pretty fun to watch for Houston over the past year.
Old 04-30-17, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
You haven't actually addressed his character, you've focused on one incident that happened 3 years ago.
That's kind of how I'm seeing it too. He's a poster boy but it was one, spur of the moment event, initiated by the other party (sort of) with apparently no supporting pattern of behavior. There's evidence he was being dickcheese before the event, should have walked the other way and he put himself in position for confrontation but again, no supporting pattern of that type of physical behavior.

His life is in microscope, let's see how he lives it. I've feeling the other person, whose life isn't so in the microscope, isn't handling theirs so well. Hopefully, there's growth there too.
Old 04-30-17, 02:13 PM
All World

Quote:
He wasn't playing his natural position and was his first year off of injury. Again, he was going to be given this year regardless before they give up on him.
Old 04-30-17, 03:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Btw, I really like the additions of Evans and Wilson to this draft. Both are athletic freaks who can make immediate impact with their athleticism and speed on special teams and situationally on defense (best case). Really hoping Evans upgrades the LB cover skills which were exploited greatly last year. Wilson is a poor man's version of Peppers. He and Bowser were pretty fun to watch for Houston over the past year.
Thanks Mel for that analysis. Sounds like everyone the Bengals drafted was a home run.
Old 04-30-17, 03:52 PM
All World

Quote:
I think Ced and Fisher make big gains this year. I also think having Smith at guard will be an asset this year as well.
The Bengals better hope so. Their OL on paper is not good at all.
Old 04-30-17, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Thanks Mel for that analysis. Sounds like everyone the Bengals drafted was a home run.
More than you ever contributed. You're welcome Joe.
Old 04-30-17, 04:10 PM
All World

Quote:
More than you ever contributed. You're welcome Joe.
I also am not going to pretend I have in-depth knowledge on all these players. Experts can't predict accurately how most of the players, particularly late rounders, are going to perform. I knew you were a Bengals tool, but this is pathetic even for you.
Old 04-30-17, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I also am not going to pretend I have in-depth knowledge on all these players. Experts can't predict accurately how most of the players, particularly late rounders, are going to perform. I knew you were a Bengals tool, but this is pathetic even for you.
Brasco is acting like I am calling them future all pros. Anyway, it's pretty obvious you don't know much, so good call on not pretending.
Old 04-30-17, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Weirdo's been falsely accused of rape a bunch of times by rearview bitches apparently.
Never, unless you want to count false accusations of financial rape
Old 04-30-17, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I figured you were just being a moron weirdo. Thanks for confirming.
I made it pretty clear what I thought really makes a difference. You advocate for making a show of throwing a few bucks and paying some lip service - _posturing, just like an eastside_poser would. No surprise that you don't get it.
Old 04-30-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And again, if you're son grows up thinking it's ok to hit girls, it's your fault, not Joe Mixon's.
truth
Old 04-30-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Totally agree. They should have moved up already for at least one more 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Pretty happy with how the Browns did just that.
Old 04-30-17, 04:35 PM
All Yappi

Brasco is the worst