Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-18, 10:22 PM
ruskin ruskin is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-08-08
Posts: 245
ruskin is on a distinguished road
Dayton D2 District Finals

Who are the players to watch from both teams? Who moves on? What do you think?



Carroll (16-9) vs. Cin. Hughes (22-3), 6 p.m.

Trotwood-Madison (22-3) vs. Chaminade Julienne (11-14), 8 p.m.

Saturday’s game

Cin. Woodward (16-9) vs. Dunbar/Thurgood/FenwickTBA* at Kettering Trent Arena, 3 p.m.

»RELATED:OHSAA
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-06-18, 12:16 AM
usfldan usfldan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-02-16
Posts: 118
usfldan is on a distinguished road
The obvious one from Woodward is #5 Terry Durham. He tied for lead in the city in scoring (23.5) and tied for second in rebounds (12.8). In the post-season he's averaged 30.3 ppg and 10.3 rpg. Both guards, #3 Demontez Cooper and #11 Hakeem Thomas are under-sized, but fun to watch, too.

Hughes has a load of talent as well - #10 Giovanni Santiago is great running the show, #1 Dwayne Rosado can light it up from deep, and #23 DJ Brewton is an athletic scorer. #0 Shawn Hawkins has given them an athletic inside presence recently as well.

Woodward and Hughes split the season series in two intense games, so I wouldn't seeing a round 3, although I am slightly biased.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-18, 06:46 AM
jrcheezb jrcheezb is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-03-13
Posts: 28
jrcheezb is on a distinguished road
Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskin View Post
Who are the players to watch from both teams? Who moves on? What do you think?



Carroll (16-9) vs. Cin. Hughes (22-3), 6 p.m.

Trotwood-Madison (22-3) vs. Chaminade Julienne (11-14), 8 p.m.

Saturday’s game

Cin. Woodward (16-9) vs. Dunbar/Thurgood/FenwickTBA* at Kettering Trent Arena, 3 p.m.

»RELATED:OHSAA
Carroll by 5
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-18, 10:57 AM
buckeye1689 buckeye1689 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-16
Location: Huber Heights
Posts: 651
buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood should win this region and get to state again. Definitely the favorite IMO
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-18, 07:07 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,919
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
End of 3rd quarter:
Hughes Big Red- 40
Carroll- 26
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-18, 07:23 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,919
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
District Final Update
Final Score:
Hughes Big Red- 57
Carroll- 38
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-18, 10:57 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 2,211
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I know this is off subject, but I am having trouble finding out what Trotwood Coach Rockhold did to get his two game vacation. Anyone know the details?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-18, 12:47 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,919
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
I know this is off subject, but I am having trouble finding out what Trotwood Coach Rockhold did to get his two game vacation. Anyone know the details?
Per the Dayton Daily News:

Rockhold was issued two technical fouls in a previous sectional blowout of Northwestern at Springfield. Rockhold sat out while Trotwood mauled Northridge 96-49 in a sectional final and rung up a 78-60 defeat of Chaminade Julienne in a rare matchup and district final on Thursday night at the University of Dayton Arena.

So Trotwood knows when to sit coaches/players out who earned a 2-game suspension--only Dunbar Principal,AD Baker, Dunbar AD, HC Taylor, and JV Coach don't follow the 2 game suspension rule
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-18, 09:10 AM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 8,192
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
Per the Dayton Daily News:

Rockhold was issued two technical fouls in a previous sectional blowout of Northwestern at Springfield. Rockhold sat out while Trotwood mauled Northridge 96-49 in a sectional final and rung up a 78-60 defeat of Chaminade Julienne in a rare matchup and district final on Thursday night at the University of Dayton Arena.

So Trotwood knows when to sit coaches/players out who earned a 2-game suspension--only Dunbar Principal,AD Baker, Dunbar AD, HC Taylor, and JV Coach don't follow the 2 game suspension rule
OUCH!!!

If the shoe fits......

:>---

EGA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Troy D-3 District Rankings (Pre Sectionals) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 02-24-18 04:05 PM
Troy D-3 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 0 09-21-17 02:28 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM
District Champs 2017 Yappi Baseball 11 05-21-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz