Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-06-17, 07:10 AM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 376
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
State Semi-Finals

Any thoughts, predictions about the match-ups or potential final matches?

Division 1

Massillon Jackson
Perrysburg

Powell Olentangy Liberty
Loveland

Division 2

Mentor Lake Catholic
Mansfield Madison

Sunbury Big Walnut
Indian Hill

Division 3

Kirkland
Findlay Liberty-Benton

Grandview Heights
Cincinnati Summit Country Day
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-06-17, 07:30 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
I think it’s wide open in DI with Walsh and Strongsville out. I’d pick Loveland and Perrysburg to advance, but both those games will be close!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-17, 07:35 AM
lchsman lchsman is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Cougar Country
Posts: 2,993
lchsman is on a distinguished road
Division I

Jackson
Loveland

Division II

Lake Catholic - Go Cougars
Indian Hill

Division III

Kirtland
Summit Country Day
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-17, 08:39 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 432
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xscoutsoc View Post
Any thoughts, predictions about the match-ups or potential final matches?

Division 1

Massillon Jackson
Perrysburg

Powell Olentangy Liberty
Loveland

Division 2

Mentor Lake Catholic
Mansfield Madison

Sunbury Big Walnut
Indian Hill

Division 3

Kirkland
Findlay Liberty-Benton

Grandview Heights
Cincinnati Summit Country Day
Loveland, Indian Hill and Summit all win state... Titles go to Cincy in the sweep.

Loveland's toughest competition in Strongsville and Walsh is now out of the tourney. They'll defeat Olentangy 2-0 and then beat Perrysburg in the state final.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-17, 09:07 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,806
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Loveland, Indian Hill and Summit all win state... Titles go to Cincy in the sweep.

Loveland's toughest competition in Strongsville and Walsh is now out of the tourney. They'll defeat Olentangy 2-0 and then beat Perrysburg in the state final.
I think you are right on with this. IH and Summit will win by 2+ goals. Loveland I'm not sold on but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with Walsh out of it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-17, 11:29 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Bucky agrees !
I think all three will now win !
It might have been a different game if OP from Springboro didn't get hurt in first minute of game ?
But that would be like CS getting hurt first minute ?
Anything can happen in these games you just never know when that injury bug will bite you.
the other three D1 teams are not as strong as Loveland that is for sure.

Summit and IH are both the favorites they have too much talent at the end of the day for those other teams.

This area is again showing how strong the womens soccer here really is !
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-17, 12:20 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,056
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Bucky agrees !
I think all three will now win !
It might have been a different game if OP from Springboro didn't get hurt in first minute of game ?
But that would be like CS getting hurt first minute ?
Anything can happen in these games you just never know when that injury bug will bite you.
the other three D1 teams are not as strong as Loveland that is for sure.

Summit and IH are both the favorites they have too much talent at the end of the day for those other teams.

This area is again showing how strong the womens soccer here really is !
Positive Buckshooter? Who is this?!?

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-17, 12:26 PM
Empty CUP Empty CUP is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-16
Location: Indian Hill
Posts: 266
Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
Loveland fights both games out for the title 1 goal wins both games.

IH rolls strong, 2-3 goal wins and will give up none in both games as they become State Champs!

Summit wins each game by 2 goals.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-17, 12:35 PM
Soccer Toe Soccer Toe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-07-08
Posts: 577
Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Positive Buckshooter? Who is this?!?

His account has been hacked by the Russians.

Brought to you by the fake news headquarters.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-06-17, 02:06 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
jackson vs loveland
lake catholic vs indian hill
kirkland vs summit
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-06-17, 02:45 PM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Gehinnom
Posts: 1,581
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
the other three D1 teams are not as strong as Loveland that is for sure.
At least one of them was strong enough to beat Walsh in the postseason and draw with them in the regular season.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-17, 04:35 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
At least one of them was strong enough to beat Walsh in the postseason and draw with them in the regular season.
Loveland beat Jackson and Liberty [on second thought, it might have been Olentangy] in the preseason. I realize that means very little at this point, and it's about the furthest thing from a postseason game, but I think Loveland would be favored against anyone left in the DI field. It's not a wide margin though, and when you get to this point in the tournament every game is a battle. I think Loveland's athleticism will be the difference against Liberty - who appear to be a very clean, organized, and technical side. Rematch of the state semi from two years ago at the same site. Hoping for the same outcome!

One question I was asked today: is there enough room on the sidelines at Centerville for Loveland to utilize its flip throw? I can't recall how much room there is on the sidelines at their stadium - I know there is no track around the field.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-06-17, 06:39 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post

One question I was asked today: is there enough room on the sidelines at Centerville for Loveland to utilize its flip throw? I can't recall how much room there is on the sidelines at their stadium - I know there is no track around the field.
Centerville does have a track around their field......thus it depends upon how long a ‘run up’ the thrower requires.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-06-17, 07:29 PM
outsideobserver11 outsideobserver11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 209
outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_SoccerRef View Post
Centerville does have a track around their field......thus it depends upon how long a ‘run up’ the thrower requires.
There is a fence between the field and track. It will be tight, based on the run up she used against Boro she won’t have enough room.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-06-17, 07:30 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_SoccerRef View Post
Centerville does have a track around their field......thus it depends upon how long a ‘run up’ the thrower requires.
I must be misremembering the layout then. She can do the run up on the track I believe. There just needs to be enough room for her to plant the ball on turf and flip without landing all the way inbounds.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-06-17, 07:56 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
I must be misremembering the layout then. She can do the run up on the track I believe. There just needs to be enough room for her to plant the ball on turf and flip without landing all the way inbounds.
I would think there is......based upon the satellite photos.

How far cam she heave it? There was a young man that was a teammate of my son’s, back in the early 2000s, that could flip-throw ever bit of 40-45 yards. Led to a number of air balls, similar to corner kicks, in & around the GA & PA. We always thought he had ‘double-jointed’ shoulders or something......
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-06-17, 08:28 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_SoccerRef View Post
I would think there is......based upon the satellite photos.

How far cam she heave it? There was a young man that was a teammate of my son’s, back in the early 2000s, that could flip-throw ever bit of 40-45 yards. Led to a number of air balls, similar to corner kicks, in & around the GA & PA. We always thought he had ‘double-jointed’ shoulders or something......
Based on the satellite photo of 192 w Franklin it doesn’t look like there is track around the field. Looks like there used to be one but it was paved over. And if I remember correctly there is a fence pretty close to the sideline that will likely prevent the flip throw from being a factor.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-06-17, 08:39 PM
outsideobserver11 outsideobserver11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 209
outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
I must be misremembering the layout then. She can do the run up on the track I believe. There just needs to be enough room for her to plant the ball on turf and flip without landing all the way inbounds.
Again..there is a fence between the paved path and the field so she can’t run on that area. There is very little room.

Make sure you are looking at alumni stadium at Magsig Middle school and not the turf field at the high school.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-06-17, 08:55 PM
LE Hawks LE Hawks is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-13
Posts: 129
LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
Outside is correct. Remnants of the old track are still there but are now more of a walking path to the stands. The fence at best, gives you five yards, probably closer to 4 yards to approach the sideline. One would think the ability to flip is greatly diminished if not eliminated. I guess it depends on how much space she needs? But Ted she cannot approach from the old track as the fence goes around the entire field!
You might recall the setup Ted from 2015 if you attended the game - same location - same opponent!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-06-17, 10:02 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
Again..there is a fence between the paved path and the field so she can’t run on that area. There is very little room.

Make sure you are looking at alumni stadium at Magsig Middle school and not the turf field at the high school.
So they’re playing on the grass field, vice the turf @ Elks Stadium? Worked a Semi @ Centerville back in ’09, I swear we were on turf. The photo appears like it’s grass @ MagSig, unless it’s an old shot.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-06-17, 10:24 PM
LE Hawks LE Hawks is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-13
Posts: 129
LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
MJ, Alumni Field is now turf. Has been for a few years now. Very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-06-17, 10:40 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Hawks View Post
MJ, Alumni Field is now turf. Has been for a few years now. Very nice.
Would it have been in 2009? Worked the Worthington Christian vs Seven Hills Semi there.....unless it was @ Elks; all the bracket says is ‘Centerville HS’. As I recall, there was a lot more room out of touch, so perhaps we were at Elks Stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-06-17, 10:52 PM
CincysoccerPOP CincysoccerPOP is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 4
CincysoccerPOP is on a distinguished road
From what I saw at the Mason field I can tell you she does not need much, maybe 10 feet. Was amazed by how little she needed to launch the ball into the box against Fairfield.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-06-17, 10:56 PM
LE Hawks LE Hawks is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-13
Posts: 129
LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
Alumni Field turf project started in April 2015 I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-06-17, 11:13 PM
LE Hawks LE Hawks is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-13
Posts: 129
LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
MJ the 2009 brackets say Centerville Soccer Stadium which is the current Alumni Stadium and would have been grass in 2009.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-06-17, 11:18 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LE Hawks View Post
MJ the 2009 brackets say Centerville Soccer Stadium which is the current Alumni Stadium and would have been grass in 2009.
Thanks. Senility sucks....don’t get old......
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-07-17, 07:52 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,056
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
The middle school's field has always had very little room on either side line, making corners difficult. There used to be gates to open near each corner to allow for a farther run-up, but I'm not sure if those are still there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heath D-2 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 9 09-03-17 05:38 PM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings (Off-Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 8 08-24-17 01:54 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz