Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-08-17, 08:07 AM
soref soref is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-14-06
Posts: 375
soref is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredch View Post
Boro was down two starters to begin the match then lost CF and top scorer 2 minutes in and CM right before half- so they gave Loveland more than they could handle down 4 starters to top it off had a goal called back 2nd half on offsides that wasn't have it on video. worst ref crew I have seen in a l ong time and this was a Regional Final pretty embarrassing for the state of Ohio
Still have yet to see video of this play so I'm assuming that it is either inconclusive or shows that the player was indeed offside as called.
If it does exist, I would definitely be interested in seeing it and possibly using it for training purposes.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 11-08-17, 09:33 AM
RESERVED00 RESERVED00 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-13-16
Posts: 11
RESERVED00 is on a distinguished road
It does exist and she was not offside. Its been on social media. Boro team so depleted with injury that they probably couldn't have continued anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-08-17, 09:45 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,056
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESERVED00 View Post
It does exist and she was not offside. Its been on social media. Boro team so depleted with injury that they probably couldn't have continued anyway.
I'd like to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-08-17, 09:48 AM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESERVED00 View Post
It does exist and she was not offside. Its been on social media. Boro team so depleted with injury that they probably couldn't have continued anyway.
Please post a link to it. I searched YouTube & nothing is coming up.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-08-17, 10:11 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Gehinnom
Posts: 1,581
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_SoccerRef View Post
Please post a link to it. I searched YouTube & nothing is coming up.
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/926981632552329217
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-08-17, 10:28 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,056
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
I think he wanted the Springboro goal that was disallowed.

This is a good goal, though.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-08-17, 10:29 AM
outsideobserver11 outsideobserver11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 209
outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Not that video..I believe they are referring to the goal that Springboro scored that was called back for offside.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-08-17, 10:30 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
They’re looking for a link to video of the offside call against Springboro that led to a goal being called back. From my vantage point at the game, it looked really close.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-08-17, 01:15 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESERVED00 View Post
It does exist and she was not offside. Its been on social media. Boro team so depleted with injury that they probably couldn't have continued anyway.
Post the link or shut up. This injury excuse is getting old. All teams deal with injuries in the postseason, Springboro is not the only team that has had to deal with a player injured. Loveland's best players could barely walk after the game. Quit making excuses.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-08-17, 01:58 PM
MoreThanSoccer MoreThanSoccer is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-21-14
Posts: 48
MoreThanSoccer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
They’re looking for a link to video of the offside call against Springboro that led to a goal being called back. From my vantage point at the game, it looked really close.


I thought our discussion established that the call was an offensive foul, not offside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-08-17, 02:16 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,056
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreThanSoccer View Post
I thought our discussion established that the call was an offensive foul, not offside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone mentioned it but wasn't even sure if it was the same play.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-08-17, 02:59 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreThanSoccer View Post
I thought our discussion established that the call was an offensive foul, not offside.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it was definitely an offside call. As I recall, the AR's flag went straight up in the air, he then pointed to the spot she was when the ball was played, and made a motion with his hands to suggest she was about 2 feet offside. Center ref also put his hands on his hips to indicate offside. He definitely was not calling a foul.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-08-17, 03:34 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
SW Ohio's turn to win a D-1 Championship, done deal.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-08-17, 05:05 PM
SoccerInCincinnati SoccerInCincinnati is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-08-16
Posts: 3
SoccerInCincinnati is on a distinguished road
From the two attached photos, looks to me like she was on. First is right as the ball was played, and second was right after. It's close, and the angle is not great, but based on where each player is standing I think it's tough to say she's off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Offside e1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Offside e.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1924  
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-08-17, 06:23 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerInCincinnati View Post
From the two attached photos, looks to me like she was on. First is right as the ball was played, and second was right after. It's close, and the angle is not great, but based on where each player is standing I think it's tough to say she's off.
Not saying 'right or wrong’ either way......but I will state that all it takes for a player to be in an offside position is just the slightest part of the body that they can legally play the ball with to be inside that 2nd-to-last-defender in order to be in an ‘offside position’. Thus, IF the bodies are dead-even, but the attacker leans his/her head forward, inside those bodies, they ARE in an offside position. Next, determining that, in a split second, at exactly THE perfect moment (when the ball is played), even when in perfect position as an AR, can be, and often IS, ‘tricky’. Thus, IMHO, those pictures are ‘inconclusive’ at best.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-08-17, 08:02 PM
awrestle awrestle is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-02
Posts: 1,249
awrestle
The call wasn’t offiside. The center ref called a foul near midfield. The side ref also happened to signal offside, but that was not the call that stopped the play.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-08-17, 08:04 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
i guess my question is was she coming back from an offside position, who know, based on the pics I say off
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-08-17, 08:31 PM
retiredch retiredch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-12-08
Posts: 118
retiredch is on a distinguished road
No foul at middle field it was an offsides call and she was in an on position to start go to facebook Calum Banks he has the video on his facebook page it was close but she was on
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-08-17, 08:57 PM
SirStanley SirStanley is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-17-05
Posts: 1,304
SirStanley is on a distinguished road
That Calum Banks video is well done.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-08-17, 09:03 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredch View Post
No foul at middle field it was an offsides call and she was in an on position to start go to facebook Calum Banks he has the video on his facebook page it was close but she was on
No the call was a foul. On the video you can see the Loveland player on the ground after being pushed down by the Boro striker at the 0:05 second mark. If you would keep the video going you would see the center ref signaling a direct free kick (arm forward) for a push and not an indirect kick (arm up) for an offside call. In fact, at the very end of the video you can clearly see the Boro player stiff arming the defender and putting her on the ground. Just because the AR raised his flag that does not mean it was offside, he could have been calling a foul.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-08-17, 09:14 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
I would add that ARs do not ‘call’ offside.....they ‘signal’ for a potential offside infraction; “Offside” is not, in fact, ‘called’ until the Center whistles for it. The Center always has the option of waiving down the AR’s flag......for example IF he is certain that the ball was ‘sent’ by an opponent OR if a defender made a deliberate play on the ball, both of which negates offside.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-08-17, 09:18 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
so you are saying two "blind mice" screwed this up not gonna make the sboro folks happy
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-08-17, 09:32 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
No the call was a foul. On the video you can see the Loveland player on the ground after being pushed down by the Boro striker at the 0:05 second mark. If you would keep the video going you would see the center ref signaling a direct free kick (arm forward) for a push and not an indirect kick (arm up) for an offside call. In fact, at the very end of the video you can clearly see the Boro player stiff arming the defender and putting her on the ground. Just because the AR raised his flag that does not mean it was offside, he could have been calling a foul.
I can tell you unequivocally that it was an offside call. No doubt about it. Ref gives the signal, points to his linesmen, then raises his hand for an indirect kick. I could show you the video but I don’t feel like wasting any more time on this. Still doesn’t mean he made some egregious mistake, but don’t fool yourself that it was a foul call. It definitely was not.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-08-17, 09:34 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
so you are saying two "blind mice" screwed this up not gonna make the sboro folks happy
No. Not saying that at all. Having made been there numerous times....making a split second decision on a very close play......I’ll trust this AR’s judgement and that he was certain ‘he got it right’. That is the best any & all of us can do. And unless we are looking at this play from his position, through his eyeballs, we cannot know exactly what this play looked like, etc.

And whether the Springboro folks are ’happy’ is irrelevant. There were fans losing their minds at our game last night over the most basic, straight forward calls.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-08-17, 10:23 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_SoccerRef View Post
I would add that ARs do not ‘call’ offside.....they ‘signal’ for a potential offside infraction; “Offside” is not, in fact, ‘called’ until the Center whistles for it. The Center always has the option of waiving down the AR’s flag......for example IF he is certain that the ball was ‘sent’ by an opponent OR if a defender made a deliberate play on the ball, both of which negates offside.
Thank you Captain Obvious



Last edited by soccerfan63; 11-08-17 at 10:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-08-17, 10:35 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
I can tell you unequivocally that it was an offside call. No doubt about it. Ref gives the signal, points to his linesmen, then raises his hand for an indirect kick. I could show you the video but I don’t feel like wasting any more time on this. Still doesn’t mean he made some egregious mistake, but don’t fool yourself that it was a foul call. It definitely was not.
I just love these "I could show the video but I won't" posts.

I could show you the video that a Loveland player got tripped in the box but I don't have the time. I could show you the video of a handling call that wasn't called but I don't feel like wasting any time on it. Hey, don't debate with me because I have a video that supports my side of the argument and you are wrong so why are you wasting my time?

Well then the debate becomes if it was not offside, then it was obviously a foul on the Boro striker that was not called. Any time a striker takes the defender to the ground and has a straight run on goal the ref will (and should) whistle a foul. Even if the contact was incidental.

So either way the goal is not legit.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-08-17, 11:26 PM
MJ_SoccerRef MJ_SoccerRef is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-11
Posts: 376
MJ_SoccerRef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
Thank you Captain Obvious

Not a good likeness of me at all......haven’t sported a beard in decades. And that uniform was last worn by referees in the U.K., circa 1870.

I’m simply providing information, because what IS ‘obvious’ is that quite a few people on these boards, based upon some of their comments, do not have even a basic understanding of the ‘mechanics’ of officiating, among other things.....
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-09-17, 04:45 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
I just love these "I could show the video but I won't" posts.

I could show you the video that a Loveland player got tripped in the box but I don't have the time. I could show you the video of a handling call that wasn't called but I don't feel like wasting any time on it. Hey, don't debate with me because I have a video that supports my side of the argument and you are wrong so why are you wasting my time?

Well then the debate becomes if it was not offside, then it was obviously a foul on the Boro striker that was not called. Any time a striker takes the defender to the ground and has a straight run on goal the ref will (and should) whistle a foul. Even if the contact was incidental.

So either way the goal is not legit.
Someone is getting defensive. I happen to agree with the majority of what you say here. I watched a replay of the foul that should have been a Loveland PK but the center pulled the ball out of the box for a free kick instead. (Somehow he could clearly see that the foul happened exactly 6 inches outside the box.) Nowhere in my post did I argue against any of that. I simply said, in response to your clear statement of “fact” that this was a foul call, that this in fact was not a foul call, but instead was called offside. Just calling it what it is. And at this point, it really doesn’t matter. One team is still playing, the other is not. And your team won! Enjoy it!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-09-17, 09:15 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
Someone is getting defensive. I happen to agree with the majority of what you say here. I watched a replay of the foul that should have been a Loveland PK but the center pulled the ball out of the box for a free kick instead. (Somehow he could clearly see that the foul happened exactly 6 inches outside the box.) Nowhere in my post did I argue against any of that. I simply said, in response to your clear statement of “fact” that this was a foul call, that this in fact was not a foul call, but instead was called offside. Just calling it what it is. And at this point, it really doesn’t matter. One team is still playing, the other is not. And your team won! Enjoy it!
Even though the call went against the team I was cheering for, I actually like the fact that the ref did not award a PK for a foul on the edge of the box. I just hate for games to be decided by a PK unless it is a flagrant foul that clearly prevented a goal.

Not really defensive, just trying to make the point that if you argue the offside call, then it is fair game to argue the potential foul on the defender as well. and I am done with this discussion. we play in the state finals tomorrow and its time to move on.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-10-17, 09:44 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Doesn't really matter Boys.
Whatever call the Ref makes is going to stick, so you are beating a dead horse.
Especially something that has already been decided.

Loveland wins this big tonight !

They have already played the tough games !

This will be a Sweep for the Cincy area today !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM
ALBB Ohio Regional updates (Tue 07/18 morning) seclmw Baseball 1 07-18-17 01:59 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz