Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-01-17, 10:16 AM
All Region

HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
SW Ohio Regional Finals

Loveland - Springboro

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Madeira - Summit Country Day

Who do you like? I'm pulling for the Cincinnati sweep, but know that won't be easy.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-17, 10:32 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Springboro 2-1
IH 3-0
SCD 4-1
Old 11-01-17, 11:25 AM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
Loveland - Springboro

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Who do you like? I'm pulling for the Cincinnati sweep, but know that won't be easy.
Boro was fortunate against Ursula and Mason. Same wont be said Saturday..

Loveland 2-0.
IH 2-0
Summit 3-0
Old 11-01-17, 11:26 AM
All Region

xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Springboro
Indian Hill
Summit
Old 11-01-17, 11:59 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Loveland - Springboro, slightest of edges to Springboro but Loveland's keeper could be the difference in a Loveland win if it goes to PKs.

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Statewide, DI looks like it is wide open with Walsh out. I would think that Strongsville is now the favorite for the title but they face a Perrysburg side in the regional final that beat them, 3-2, last month.
Old 11-01-17, 12:13 PM
All District

outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Loveland - Springboro, slightest of edges to Springboro but Loveland's keeper could be the difference in a Loveland win if it goes to PKs.

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Statewide, DI looks like it is wide open with Walsh out. I would think that Strongsville is now the favorite for the title but they face a Perrysburg side in the regional final that beat them, 3-2, last month.
Same could be said for Springboro's keeper, this should be a very entertaining game! Going with Boro 1-0.

Indian Hill over Tippecanoe. I think Tipp will keep it close for a while but once IH scores I think it will end 3-0

Summit.
Old 11-01-17, 07:12 PM
Varsity

soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Wouldn't the #2 team in the state be the favorite if the #1 team gets knocked out?
Old 11-01-17, 07:27 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
atelphobia
Old 11-02-17, 10:54 AM
Freshman

NECincySoccerFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Boro was fortunate against Ursula and Mason. Same wont be said Saturday..

Loveland 2-0.
IH 2-0
Summit 3-0
I agree with what said about Springboro and score predictions too
Old 11-02-17, 12:31 PM
All Region

HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Loveland was up 2-0 against Springboro at halftime of this game last year, and booking their hotel rooms in Columbus (figuratively, obviously). Springboro came alive in the second half, Loveland had no response, and Boro sent them packing (back to Loveland, not Columbus). I don't think either team will dwell on that result, but they will both be well aware of the recent history. This game will be physical, gritty, and a heck of a lot of fun to watch under the lights.

I think Loveland will come flying out of the gates in this one. If they can get one early, I really like their chances. If not, and Boro survives the initial flurry, watch out. Panthers will be on the prowl. I'll predict a 2-1 Loveland victory, more with my heart than with my head.

I think whoever wins this game will be favored against whoever is waiting from Columbus. A lot on the line!
Old 11-03-17, 01:33 PM
All District

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Loveland - Springboro 2-1

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe 2-1

Madeira - Summit Country Day 3-0
Old 11-03-17, 04:50 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Loveland 2-0

Indian Hill 2-0

Summit 3-0
Old 11-04-17, 11:59 AM
All District

bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
Its not SW Ohio Regional Finals but at halftime, Grandview Hts leads Lynchburg Clay 1-0. Winner of Grandview Hts/Lynchburg Clay plays winner of Summit Country Day/Madeira winner
Old 11-04-17, 12:58 PM
All District

soccerboy08 is on a distinguished road
Summit 1
Madeira 0

Final
Old 11-04-17, 01:01 PM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Indian Hill 4
Tipp City 1 Final
Old 11-04-17, 01:18 PM
All District

bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
Grandview Hts 2 Lynchburg Clay 1. Grandview Hts wins in the 2nd OT.
Old 11-04-17, 09:45 PM
All American

awrestle
Loveland wins 1-0. Only goal scored with about 5 min left in Overtime.
Old 11-04-17, 10:32 PM
Freshman

onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Loveland played better than Boro for the balance of the game, getting up front pressure and countless shots. Boro, with a lot of injuries, had a few chances of their own, but could not sustain any type of consistent offense. I believe their top striker had an injury 4 minutes into the game which weakened them no doubt. Wasn't really a great game technically on both sides, but Loveland clearly the better team tonight even though score was close 1-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-17, 10:40 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post
Loveland played better than Boro for the balance of the game, getting up front pressure and countless shots. Boro, with a lot of injuries, had a few chances of their own, but could not sustain any type of consistent offense. I believe their top striker had an injury 4 minutes into the game which weakened them no doubt. Wasn't really a great game technically on both sides, but Loveland clearly the better team tonight even though score was close 1-0.

Boro did a good job shutting down the Loveland corner and flip throw goals. The Loveland goal came off a cross on the ground in the run of play. Not sure about the injury factor, at this time of year every team has injuries whether the players are on the field or not. Players are banged up and they may look OK but believe me they are not at 100%.
Old 11-04-17, 11:19 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
Boro did a good job shutting down the Loveland corner and flip throw goals. The Loveland goal came off a cross on the ground in the run of play. Not sure about the injury factor, at this time of year every team has injuries whether the players are on the field or not. Players are banged up and they may look OK but believe me they are not at 100%.
I'm pretty sure when a team's top scorer is knocked out of the game early with a knee injury that is going to be a factor in the game as it was in this game.

Old 11-05-17, 07:31 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I think SW may win all 3 Divisions. Loveland is the wildcard.
Old 11-05-17, 07:34 AM
All District

retiredch is on a distinguished road
Boro was down two starters to begin the match then lost CF and top scorer 2 minutes in and CM right before half- so they gave Loveland more than they could handle down 4 starters to top it off had a goal called back 2nd half on offsides that wasn't have it on video. worst ref crew I have seen in a l ong time and this was a Regional Final pretty embarrassing for the state of Ohio
Old 11-05-17, 08:04 AM
All Ohio

refs always seem to get worse this time of year funny thing. post the video always like to see what the ref saw. sounds like other than injuries and refs springboro was the much better team
Old 11-05-17, 08:41 AM
Freshman

Definitely post the video - I thought she was offsides and so did many other people so it would be great to see it to confirm.

Old 11-05-17, 09:17 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredch View Post
Boro was down two starters to begin the match then lost CF and top scorer 2 minutes in and CM right before half- so they gave Loveland more than they could handle down 4 starters to top it off had a goal called back 2nd half on offsides that wasn't have it on video. worst ref crew I have seen in a l ong time and this was a Regional Final pretty embarrassing for the state of Ohio
I thought she was on as well from my spot standing on the fence line about even with the play.
Old 11-05-17, 10:03 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredch View Post
Post the video. If it is the play I am thinking of, I think the call wasn't offiside but the fact that the Boro player shoved the Loveland girl to the ground and then had an uncontested run on goal.

3 of the top 4 Loveland strikers were injured to some extent. One could not shoot she was so hurt. The goal came from a non-starter who has seen minimal playing time this year. Depth is part of being a good team, and at this time of year there is not a team left that is not dealing with injuries. Good coaches and teams overcome. In my years of coaching HS girls soccer, I never had a team that made it into the postseason without 3 or 4 injuries. One factor with Loveland that may be overlooked is how hard they work in the offseason, which really matters this time of year. I doubt if many teams work as hard lifting and conditioning as they do, and that matters in terms of injury prevention.

As far as the officiating, well this is HS soccer you get what you get. I think Loveland could argue that several pull downs in the box could have resulted in PKs. One foul that was called was clearly in the box, and the ref pulled it out for a free kick. So it goes both ways.

The bottom line is that this was a lopsided game with a score that does not really represent the manner in which Loveland controlled. Even if Boro gets that call, the score could have easily been 3-1 or 4-1.
Old 11-05-17, 11:15 AM
All District

Quote:
Post the video. If it is the play I am thinking of, I think the call wasn't offiside but the fact that the Boro player shoved the Loveland girl to the ground and then had an uncontested run on goal.

3 of the top 4 Loveland strikers were injured to some extent. One could not shoot she was so hurt. The goal came from a non-starter who has seen minimal playing time this year. Depth is part of being a good team, and at this time of year there is not a team left that is not dealing with injuries. Good coaches and teams overcome. In my years of coaching HS girls soccer, I never had a team that made it into the postseason without 3 or 4 injuries. One factor with Loveland that may be overlooked is how hard they work in the offseason, which really matters this time of year. I doubt if many teams work as hard lifting and conditioning as they do, and that matters in terms of injury prevention.

As far as the officiating, well this is HS soccer you get what you get. I think Loveland could argue that several pull downs in the box could have resulted in PKs. One foul that was called was clearly in the box, and the ref pulled it out for a free kick. So it goes both ways.

The bottom line is that this was a lopsided game with a score that does not really represent the manner in which Loveland controlled. Even if Boro gets that call, the score could have easily been 3-1 or 4-1.
Disagree with that last sentence. Loveland controlled the game but never really got that dangerous which is what I think Bucky alludes to with his comments. Boro handled the throws and set pieces very well defensively. I do agree that Loveland deserved the win if I had to choose though.
Old 11-05-17, 11:59 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
Disagree with that last sentence. Loveland controlled the game but never really got that dangerous which is what I think Bucky alludes to with his comments. Boro handled the throws and set pieces very well defensively. I do agree that Loveland deserved the win if I had to choose though.
Well congrats to Springboro on a wonderful season, this has become a great rivalry. I think the coaches and the players both have tremendous respect for each other. it was certainly a great HS Soccer atmosphere with a huge crowd and exciting play. I don't want to get into the DA vs. HS discussion, but this is why girls play HS soccer for events like this. and it was an event.
Old 11-05-17, 02:54 PM
Freshman

Quote:

I think that's a pretty good summary - well done

Old 11-05-17, 04:55 PM
All Ohio

respect maybe just cant agree on fouls or injuries

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: