Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-17, 10:16 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
SW Ohio Regional Finals

Loveland - Springboro

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Madeira - Summit Country Day

Who do you like? I'm pulling for the Cincinnati sweep, but know that won't be easy.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-01-17, 10:32 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,797
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Springboro 2-1
IH 3-0
SCD 4-1
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-17, 11:25 AM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 432
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaaaveYouMetTed View Post
Loveland - Springboro

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Madeira - Summit Country Day

Who do you like? I'm pulling for the Cincinnati sweep, but know that won't be easy.
Boro was fortunate against Ursula and Mason. Same wont be said Saturday..

Loveland 2-0.
IH 2-0
Summit 3-0
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-17, 11:26 AM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 376
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Springboro
Indian Hill
Summit
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-17, 11:59 AM
Rohbino Rohbino is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-08-07
Location: Gehinnom
Posts: 1,576
Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Loveland - Springboro, slightest of edges to Springboro but Loveland's keeper could be the difference in a Loveland win if it goes to PKs.

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Madeira - Summit Country Day

Statewide, DI looks like it is wide open with Walsh out. I would think that Strongsville is now the favorite for the title but they face a Perrysburg side in the regional final that beat them, 3-2, last month.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-17, 12:13 PM
outsideobserver11 outsideobserver11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 209
outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Loveland - Springboro, slightest of edges to Springboro but Loveland's keeper could be the difference in a Loveland win if it goes to PKs.

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Madeira - Summit Country Day

Statewide, DI looks like it is wide open with Walsh out. I would think that Strongsville is now the favorite for the title but they face a Perrysburg side in the regional final that beat them, 3-2, last month.
Same could be said for Springboro's keeper, this should be a very entertaining game! Going with Boro 1-0.

Indian Hill over Tippecanoe. I think Tipp will keep it close for a while but once IH scores I think it will end 3-0

Summit.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-17, 07:12 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Loveland - Springboro, slightest of edges to Springboro but Loveland's keeper could be the difference in a Loveland win if it goes to PKs.

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe

Madeira - Summit Country Day

Statewide, DI looks like it is wide open with Walsh out. I would think that Strongsville is now the favorite for the title but they face a Perrysburg side in the regional final that beat them, 3-2, last month.
Wouldn't the #2 team in the state be the favorite if the #1 team gets knocked out?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-17, 07:27 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
atelphobia
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-02-17, 10:54 AM
NECincySoccerFan NECincySoccerFan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-10-16
Posts: 17
NECincySoccerFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by werns63 View Post
Boro was fortunate against Ursula and Mason. Same wont be said Saturday..

Loveland 2-0.
IH 2-0
Summit 3-0
I agree with what said about Springboro and score predictions too
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-17, 12:31 PM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Loveland was up 2-0 against Springboro at halftime of this game last year, and booking their hotel rooms in Columbus (figuratively, obviously). Springboro came alive in the second half, Loveland had no response, and Boro sent them packing (back to Loveland, not Columbus). I don't think either team will dwell on that result, but they will both be well aware of the recent history. This game will be physical, gritty, and a heck of a lot of fun to watch under the lights.

I think Loveland will come flying out of the gates in this one. If they can get one early, I really like their chances. If not, and Boro survives the initial flurry, watch out. Panthers will be on the prowl. I'll predict a 2-1 Loveland victory, more with my heart than with my head.

I think whoever wins this game will be favored against whoever is waiting from Columbus. A lot on the line!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-03-17, 01:33 PM
OHFball10 OHFball10 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-07-14
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150
OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Loveland - Springboro 2-1

Indian Hill - Tippecanoe 2-1

Madeira - Summit Country Day 3-0
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-03-17, 04:50 PM
Hoosier Parent Hoosier Parent is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-27-16
Posts: 233
Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Loveland 2-0

Indian Hill 2-0

Summit 3-0
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-04-17, 11:59 AM
bsee54321 bsee54321 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-25-11
Posts: 134
bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
Its not SW Ohio Regional Finals but at halftime, Grandview Hts leads Lynchburg Clay 1-0. Winner of Grandview Hts/Lynchburg Clay plays winner of Summit Country Day/Madeira winner
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-04-17, 12:58 PM
soccerboy08 soccerboy08 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-28-08
Posts: 141
soccerboy08 is on a distinguished road
Summit 1
Madeira 0

Final
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-04-17, 01:01 PM
iluvsnow iluvsnow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-26-07
Posts: 335
iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Indian Hill 4
Tipp City 1 Final
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-04-17, 01:18 PM
bsee54321 bsee54321 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-25-11
Posts: 134
bsee54321 is on a distinguished road
Grandview Hts 2 Lynchburg Clay 1. Grandview Hts wins in the 2nd OT.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-04-17, 09:45 PM
awrestle awrestle is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-02
Posts: 1,249
awrestle
Loveland wins 1-0. Only goal scored with about 5 min left in Overtime.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-04-17, 10:32 PM
onehotbobo onehotbobo is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 21
onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Loveland played better than Boro for the balance of the game, getting up front pressure and countless shots. Boro, with a lot of injuries, had a few chances of their own, but could not sustain any type of consistent offense. I believe their top striker had an injury 4 minutes into the game which weakened them no doubt. Wasn't really a great game technically on both sides, but Loveland clearly the better team tonight even though score was close 1-0.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-04-17, 10:40 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post
Loveland played better than Boro for the balance of the game, getting up front pressure and countless shots. Boro, with a lot of injuries, had a few chances of their own, but could not sustain any type of consistent offense. I believe their top striker had an injury 4 minutes into the game which weakened them no doubt. Wasn't really a great game technically on both sides, but Loveland clearly the better team tonight even though score was close 1-0.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boro did a good job shutting down the Loveland corner and flip throw goals. The Loveland goal came off a cross on the ground in the run of play. Not sure about the injury factor, at this time of year every team has injuries whether the players are on the field or not. Players are banged up and they may look OK but believe me they are not at 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-04-17, 11:19 PM
onehotbobo onehotbobo is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 21
onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
Boro did a good job shutting down the Loveland corner and flip throw goals. The Loveland goal came off a cross on the ground in the run of play. Not sure about the injury factor, at this time of year every team has injuries whether the players are on the field or not. Players are banged up and they may look OK but believe me they are not at 100%.
I'm pretty sure when a team's top scorer is knocked out of the game early with a knee injury that is going to be a factor in the game as it was in this game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-05-17, 07:31 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,797
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
I think SW may win all 3 Divisions. Loveland is the wildcard.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-05-17, 07:34 AM
retiredch retiredch is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-12-08
Posts: 118
retiredch is on a distinguished road
Boro was down two starters to begin the match then lost CF and top scorer 2 minutes in and CM right before half- so they gave Loveland more than they could handle down 4 starters to top it off had a goal called back 2nd half on offsides that wasn't have it on video. worst ref crew I have seen in a l ong time and this was a Regional Final pretty embarrassing for the state of Ohio
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-05-17, 08:04 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
refs always seem to get worse this time of year funny thing. post the video always like to see what the ref saw. sounds like other than injuries and refs springboro was the much better team
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-05-17, 08:41 AM
onehotbobo onehotbobo is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 21
onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Definitely post the video - I thought she was offsides and so did many other people so it would be great to see it to confirm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-05-17, 09:17 AM
outsideobserver11 outsideobserver11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 209
outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredch View Post
Boro was down two starters to begin the match then lost CF and top scorer 2 minutes in and CM right before half- so they gave Loveland more than they could handle down 4 starters to top it off had a goal called back 2nd half on offsides that wasn't have it on video. worst ref crew I have seen in a l ong time and this was a Regional Final pretty embarrassing for the state of Ohio
I thought she was on as well from my spot standing on the fence line about even with the play.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-05-17, 10:03 AM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredch View Post
Boro was down two starters to begin the match then lost CF and top scorer 2 minutes in and CM right before half- so they gave Loveland more than they could handle down 4 starters to top it off had a goal called back 2nd half on offsides that wasn't have it on video. worst ref crew I have seen in a l ong time and this was a Regional Final pretty embarrassing for the state of Ohio
Post the video. If it is the play I am thinking of, I think the call wasn't offiside but the fact that the Boro player shoved the Loveland girl to the ground and then had an uncontested run on goal.

3 of the top 4 Loveland strikers were injured to some extent. One could not shoot she was so hurt. The goal came from a non-starter who has seen minimal playing time this year. Depth is part of being a good team, and at this time of year there is not a team left that is not dealing with injuries. Good coaches and teams overcome. In my years of coaching HS girls soccer, I never had a team that made it into the postseason without 3 or 4 injuries. One factor with Loveland that may be overlooked is how hard they work in the offseason, which really matters this time of year. I doubt if many teams work as hard lifting and conditioning as they do, and that matters in terms of injury prevention.

As far as the officiating, well this is HS soccer you get what you get. I think Loveland could argue that several pull downs in the box could have resulted in PKs. One foul that was called was clearly in the box, and the ref pulled it out for a free kick. So it goes both ways.

The bottom line is that this was a lopsided game with a score that does not really represent the manner in which Loveland controlled. Even if Boro gets that call, the score could have easily been 3-1 or 4-1.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-05-17, 11:15 AM
outsideobserver11 outsideobserver11 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-12-10
Posts: 209
outsideobserver11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
Post the video. If it is the play I am thinking of, I think the call wasn't offiside but the fact that the Boro player shoved the Loveland girl to the ground and then had an uncontested run on goal.

3 of the top 4 Loveland strikers were injured to some extent. One could not shoot she was so hurt. The goal came from a non-starter who has seen minimal playing time this year. Depth is part of being a good team, and at this time of year there is not a team left that is not dealing with injuries. Good coaches and teams overcome. In my years of coaching HS girls soccer, I never had a team that made it into the postseason without 3 or 4 injuries. One factor with Loveland that may be overlooked is how hard they work in the offseason, which really matters this time of year. I doubt if many teams work as hard lifting and conditioning as they do, and that matters in terms of injury prevention.

As far as the officiating, well this is HS soccer you get what you get. I think Loveland could argue that several pull downs in the box could have resulted in PKs. One foul that was called was clearly in the box, and the ref pulled it out for a free kick. So it goes both ways.

The bottom line is that this was a lopsided game with a score that does not really represent the manner in which Loveland controlled. Even if Boro gets that call, the score could have easily been 3-1 or 4-1.
Disagree with that last sentence. Loveland controlled the game but never really got that dangerous which is what I think Bucky alludes to with his comments. Boro handled the throws and set pieces very well defensively. I do agree that Loveland deserved the win if I had to choose though.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-05-17, 11:59 AM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
Disagree with that last sentence. Loveland controlled the game but never really got that dangerous which is what I think Bucky alludes to with his comments. Boro handled the throws and set pieces very well defensively. I do agree that Loveland deserved the win if I had to choose though.
Well congrats to Springboro on a wonderful season, this has become a great rivalry. I think the coaches and the players both have tremendous respect for each other. it was certainly a great HS Soccer atmosphere with a huge crowd and exciting play. I don't want to get into the DA vs. HS discussion, but this is why girls play HS soccer for events like this. and it was an event.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-05-17, 02:54 PM
onehotbobo onehotbobo is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 21
onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
Post the video. If it is the play I am thinking of, I think the call wasn't offiside but the fact that the Boro player shoved the Loveland girl to the ground and then had an uncontested run on goal.

3 of the top 4 Loveland strikers were injured to some extent. One could not shoot she was so hurt. The goal came from a non-starter who has seen minimal playing time this year. Depth is part of being a good team, and at this time of year there is not a team left that is not dealing with injuries. Good coaches and teams overcome. In my years of coaching HS girls soccer, I never had a team that made it into the postseason without 3 or 4 injuries. One factor with Loveland that may be overlooked is how hard they work in the offseason, which really matters this time of year. I doubt if many teams work as hard lifting and conditioning as they do, and that matters in terms of injury prevention.

As far as the officiating, well this is HS soccer you get what you get. I think Loveland could argue that several pull downs in the box could have resulted in PKs. One foul that was called was clearly in the box, and the ref pulled it out for a free kick. So it goes both ways.

The bottom line is that this was a lopsided game with a score that does not really represent the manner in which Loveland controlled. Even if Boro gets that call, the score could have easily been 3-1 or 4-1.


I think that's a pretty good summary - well done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-05-17, 04:55 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
respect maybe just cant agree on fouls or injuries
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM
ALBB Ohio Regional updates (Tue 07/18 morning) seclmw Baseball 1 07-18-17 01:59 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz