Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-31-17, 09:09 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 938
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Tipp girls continuing their improbable run with a 1-0 win over Badin. Who said the top D2 Dayton teams were not as good as the Cinci ones
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 10-31-17, 09:24 PM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 376
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp girls continuing their improbable run with a 1-0 win over Badin. Who said the top D2 Dayton teams were not as good as the Cinci ones
Well, there is that one team left...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-31-17, 09:25 PM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 376
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Summit 3
WLS 0

Madeira tops Lehman - will face Summit on Saturday in regional final.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-31-17, 09:26 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
This:

Loveland is very good at set pieces, but very average at best on the field and that is where they could fail , they should of worked on possesion instead of always trying to get corners ?

And then this:


Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I watched them play this season several times and they do play a lot of kick and run soccer expecting a mistake by the defense and they flop a lot.

Sycamore opened the door and showed the way, Loveland can be beat, doesn't matter how many goals they have scored or how many they gave up, it only takes one !
If Loveland gets off to a good start and gets rolling they are fine.
It's when the game slows down do they have trouble and most teams now will back up and pack the box and play defense wait for the Loveland defense to push into their half and then counter over the top.
We will see, it is now or never for Loveland they lose lot of good players after this.

Bucky- This has to be the most ignorant post I have seen on this board all year.

AVERAGE AT BEST ON THE FIELD? They are #2 in the State and are 18-1. They have dominated the Cincy area this year. They beat 6 of the top 10 teams in the city, and beat #2 Mason 5-0.

Other points in which you are completely wrong:

1. Loveland flopping (and its called diving in soccer, flopping is a basketball term). They have not received a PK all year. NEVER have I seen a player take a dive. Contrast that to #8 for FF tonight who should have been carded if the ref knew what he was doing. She dove twice in the box trying to get a PK.

2. You obviously don't understand the game if you equate possession with being the better team. Loveland intentionally lets the other team pass the ball around in the back with low pressure defense. They then play direct because they have great strikers and you want the ball on the foot (or head) of your best players.

4. To get a corner you need to have the ball in the offensive third of the field. Why would you worry about possession at midfield? Plus, they are DEADLY at corners and balls out of the air, so play to your strengths. This has been a strength of this group of girls for several years, why play possession with passes on the ground?

5. True, we don’t know how they will fare when they get down, because they are usually up 3-0 by half.

6. They have lose 4 starters, including their goalkeeper. True, they might not be the team next year that they are this year, but your statement “ it is now or never for Loveland they lose lot of good players after this” is really not true. Lots of good players in the pipeline.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-31-17, 10:11 PM
CincysoccerPOP CincysoccerPOP is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-26-17
Posts: 4
CincysoccerPOP is on a distinguished road
Contrast that? Accusing a girl of taking a dive? Would really like to see how you saw Loveland's first goal? From 20 feet away I can tell you the ball was a foot out of bounds, probably why the 2 FF players stopped immediately. Should of been 1-1 going to OT, FF coach even got a card out of it. Wasn't going to come on here and say a thing but ur accusing a kid of diviing so figured why not. Will be rooting for Loveland to win it all, was a fun, exciting back and forth game to watch!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-01-17, 01:30 AM
Sinsinatiphan Sinsinatiphan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-26-17
Posts: 8
Sinsinatiphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincysoccerPOP View Post
Contrast that? Accusing a girl of taking a dive? Would really like to see how you saw Loveland's first goal? From 20 feet away I can tell you the ball was a foot out of bounds, probably why the 2 FF players stopped immediately. Should of been 1-1 going to OT, FF coach even got a card out of it. Wasn't going to come on here and say a thing but ur accusing a kid of diviing so figured why not. Will be rooting for Loveland to win it all, was a fun, exciting back and forth game to watch!

1. There's actually a video on one of the Loveland twitters that by chance actually shows #8 falling straight down in the box with about 3 minutes left. (I'm not judging or accusing, just pointing out something that was caught on film) That late into the game, in the box, surrounded, with the ball bouncing.. I'd think about doing the same thing, not gonna lie.

2. I'm with you. I'm rooting for anyone but Walsh to win.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-01-17, 07:00 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincysoccerPOP View Post
Contrast that? Accusing a girl of taking a dive? Would really like to see how you saw Loveland's first goal? From 20 feet away I can tell you the ball was a foot out of bounds, probably why the 2 FF players stopped immediately. Should of been 1-1 going to OT, FF coach even got a card out of it. Wasn't going to come on here and say a thing but ur accusing a kid of diviing so figured why not. Will be rooting for Loveland to win it all, was a fun, exciting back and forth game to watch!
#8 put on a diving clinic! She has it down to a science. Get in the box, draw some innocuous contact, hit the deck. She’s been doing it all tournament long. This ref didn’t fall for it. He even told her at one point to stop diving. One more and I have to believe she would have seen a yellow for simulation. Can’t say I blame her though. If I could draw contact and get a pk, I’d do it in a heart beat. But don’t be so offended when someone calls her out for it. It was pretty obvious.

And the ball was probably out. It looked like the Loveland player even stopped and looked at the ref. Difference is, when he didn’t do anything, she kept playing and apparently the Fairfield players did not - at least not right away. And at any rate, it happened 80 yards from Fairfield’s goal. Loveland did not gain some huge advantage from the no call. It’s certainly not the reason FF lost that game.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-01-17, 07:03 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsinatiphan View Post
2. I'm with you. I'm rooting for anyone but Walsh to win.
Well you’re in luck - Walsh lost to Jackson last night.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-01-17, 07:09 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
Bucky- This has to be the most ignorant post I have seen on this board all year.
You took the Bucky bait! I agree with you though. And shockingly, Loveland scored in the run of play last night.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-01-17, 07:39 AM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
not sure what is worse the dive the not dive, the calling it a dive OR saying I would do it also. Ain't no wonder integrity is lackin. how do you guys keep track of who is talkin to who so many new posters poppin up to argue this point. geez just go play/coach/parent
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-01-17, 08:32 AM
HaaaveYouMetTed HaaaveYouMetTed is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 283
HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
not sure what is worse the dive the not dive, the calling it a dive OR saying I would do it also. Ain't no wonder integrity is lackin. how do you guys keep track of who is talkin to who so many new posters poppin up to argue this point. geez just go play/coach/parent
Mr. High Horse going all noble on us. We can't all be as morally unassailable as you, Citrus. Anyone else see the irony in someone posting to criticize others just for posting? No? Just me?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-01-17, 10:47 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
My point exactly the majority of their goals have come from Either Corner kicks and or free kicks from right outside the box , not saying they are not good at that they are , because that is what they spend the majority of the time doing ! Fact
It works for them , last night first goal came from out of bounds ball and players confused , second goal again came from corner kick being knocked around in the box.

So again and you confirmed the point call it kick and run call it playing direct.
Those are 50/50 balls looking for mistakes from the defense and with extremely aggressive forwards not worried about fouling in the attacking third and again always looking for corners.
The coach yells out the entire game to get corners Cmon Man.

All I said was this is what could come back to bite them at the end of the day.

Now that Walsh has lost the door is open for sure, because he was by far the best coach in the tournament when it comes to tactics.

The seniors account for 46 goals this season that will be hard to replace next season.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-01-17, 12:58 PM
werns63 werns63 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-03-06
Posts: 432
werns63 is on a distinguished road
Who cares how a team scores, as long as they do. Loveland creates those opportunities. They dont randomly get 10 corners a game. They get the ball outwide and are magicians of winning corners and getting balls back across the face of the goal. Some teams play different styles, this certain style works for Loveland and they went to a D1 state final already, and are back in another regional final. Clearly, it works. They are loaded with talent. Parker, Grieshop, Harden, Swift and Andrews are pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-01-17, 03:27 PM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
I agree with the talent !
So I did some digging to see where Swift & Parker play Club.

Go check out the Roster for The Ohio Elite 99/00 ECNL team it is off the charts with Talent.
All the kids we have been talking about all high school season including AR & CM from Summit and the twins from IH, MT from Sycamore, KP & BM from MND, OP from Springboro are all on that team and the list continues !

How fun would it be to coach that Group ?


That is a team I want to go and watch this coming season !
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-01-17, 04:02 PM
kmac57 kmac57 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-05-13
Posts: 619
kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
Yeah, it was a mirage. IH was all over W'ville. I think W'ville had two shots in regulation to IH's 20. Maybe more than 20. I would love to see the stats. I give it up to W'ville though. They were totally outgunned and did what they had to do, play physical. Refs allowed the physical play (not saying it was dirty, nor blaming refs as IH had TONS of opportunities) and that gave W'ville an edge to stay competitive.
To take B'brook lightly would be a mistake. They took down a very good Alter team. This is soccer, anything can happen. I expect a tight game. "On paper" IH is the better team, but the soccer ball can't read.....and this is the playoffs.
Back up the truck Big Ragu. Bellbrook tied Alter did not take them down, their only goal was a gift we gave you. After tie Bellbrook packed it in defensively. Would not have remained tied if you did not have one of the best goalies in the state. BB satisfied with tie. Good luck to Tipp, IH will be very tough.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-01-17, 05:14 PM
Big Ragu Big Ragu is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-02-10
Posts: 604
Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac57 View Post
Back up the truck Big Ragu. Bellbrook tied Alter did not take them down, their only goal was a gift we gave you. After tie Bellbrook packed it in defensively. Would not have remained tied if you did not have one of the best goalies in the state. BB satisfied with tie. Good luck to Tipp, IH will be very tough.
Point is, Bellbrook beat Alter. they must be pretty good. To say otherwise would be a mistake. To take them lightly could prove costly. Sorry that was lost on you.

Sorry you lost to Bellbrook as well. IH wanted Alter. My understanding is that the IH girls were frustrated that they tied Alter in regular season. IH dominated the 2nd half vs Alter in that regular season game, but just couldn't put it away. I thought Alter's coach did a smart thing by packing it in vs IH partway through the 2nd half of a tied game. Alter's goalie played a fantastic game that day. IH was disappointed that Alter lost to Bellbrook. They wanted the re-match.

BTW, this truck doesn't back up for hurt feelings.

Last edited by Big Ragu; 11-01-17 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: fast thinker, slow typer
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-01-17, 07:09 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I agree with the talent !
So I did some digging to see where Swift & Parker play Club.

Go check out the Roster for The Ohio Elite 99/00 ECNL team it is off the charts with Talent.
All the kids we have been talking about all high school season including AR & CM from Summit and the twins from IH, MT from Sycamore, KP & BM from MND, OP from Springboro are all on that team and the list continues !

How fun would it be to coach that Group ?


That is a team I want to go and watch this coming season !
Here we go, turning every thread into an OE pump. GIVE IT UP!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-01-17, 07:33 PM
iluvsnow iluvsnow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-26-07
Posts: 336
iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
Point is, Bellbrook beat Alter. they must be pretty good. To say otherwise would be a mistake. To take them lightly could prove costly. Sorry that was lost on you.

Sorry you lost to Bellbrook as well. IH wanted Alter. My understanding is that the IH girls were frustrated that they tied Alter in regular season. IH dominated the 2nd half vs Alter in that regular season game, but just couldn't put it away. I thought Alter's coach did a smart thing by packing it in vs IH partway through the 2nd half of a tied game. Alter's goalie played a fantastic game that day. IH was disappointed that Alter lost to Bellbrook. They wanted the re-match.

BTW, this truck doesn't back up for hurt feelings.
I believe Ragu has had too much spaghetti sauce tonight....Tipp City...not Bellbrook eliminated Alter. Tipp is playing IH Saturday at the Centerville soccer stadium. By the way...KMAC saw the Alter - Bell game with gold and brown glasses. True...Alter totally dominated the first half...with many shots on goal...including their only goal of the match. Bellbrook stole a back pass to the goalie and scored their only goal before half time. Bellbrook had a number of opportunities in front of Alter's goal in the second half. No packing it in. One thing no one mentions is Bell lost three key starters on offense to season ending injuries early in September. Let's let the season play out. The cream will rise to the top. IH beat Tipp earlier in the season 2-1. I expect a close game.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-01-17, 07:42 PM
soccerfan63 soccerfan63 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-17-17
Posts: 60
soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
My point exactly the majority of their goals have come from Either Corner kicks and or free kicks from right outside the box , not saying they are not good at that they are , because that is what they spend the majority of the time doing ! Fact
It works for them , last night first goal came from out of bounds ball and players confused , second goal again came from corner kick being knocked around in the box.

So again and you confirmed the point call it kick and run call it playing direct.
Those are 50/50 balls looking for mistakes from the defense and with extremely aggressive forwards not worried about fouling in the attacking third and again always looking for corners.
The coach yells out the entire game to get corners Cmon Man.

All I said was this is what could come back to bite them at the end of the day.

Now that Walsh has lost the door is open for sure, because he was by far the best coach in the tournament when it comes to tactics.

The seniors account for 46 goals this season that will be hard to replace next season.
Uhhh,not quite Bucky. The first goal came from the RUN OF PLAY in which the Loveland player beat two defenders, crossed the ball and a SOPHOMORE finished it by beating a defender. The second wasn't exactly a garbage goal that was "knocked around in the box". It came off a cracker of a shot from outside of the the 18 from a JUNIOR defender. Not sure if you were at the game or not, but if you were you are either intentionally twisting the facts and if you weren't there then you got bad information.

And to make my point again, there is a difference between “kick and run” and direct play. A direct style intentionally bypasses the midfield WITH PURPOSE. The premise is that you have very good, athletic strikers and by playing the ball forward quickly, you can catch the defense out of shape. It may not be the style you prefer to watch from an asthetic point of view(think Barcelona as the opposite), but it is certainly not “kick and run”. Some very sophisicated teams around the world use this style with success. Many African nations employ this, as do many British teams. Locally, I remember years ago Steve Cummings from Lakota West very successfully using this style.The goal is to get the ball into the offensive third as quickly as possible, and yes, to exploit opportunities such as corner kicks and in Loveland’s case, the flip throw (which is as good as a corner). I think what you fail to understand is that this is an intentional approach and Loveland has had much success with it, and is used around the world as a legitimate tactical approach.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-01-17, 08:06 PM
Big Ragu Big Ragu is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-02-10
Posts: 604
Big Ragu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsnow View Post
I believe Ragu has had too much spaghetti sauce tonight....Tipp City...not Bellbrook eliminated Alter. Tipp is playing IH Saturday at the Centerville soccer stadium.
Thx for correcting that. I have pushed myself away from the table.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-02-17, 11:35 AM
buckshooter5 buckshooter5 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Posts: 1,448
buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Hey like it or not somehow OE got all of those players on one team?
These are all the players playing High school.

When a club can put that kind of team together, Then yeah I guess I am pumping OE Great Job !

By the way yes I was at the game and the second goal was from a corner that the goalie punched out and got kicked around to the top of the box where the Loveland kid took the rebound shot from, again started from a corner !

First goal was a great cross from the loveland player as she let the defenders run by and played the ball behind them.

This saturday should be a grudge match between these two teams and looks to be a 50/50 match up , this one could go either way
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-02-17, 03:37 PM
kmac57 kmac57 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-05-13
Posts: 619
kmac57 is on a distinguished road
R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
Point is, Bellbrook beat Alter. they must be pretty good. To say otherwise would be a mistake. To take them lightly could prove costly. Sorry that was lost on you.

Sorry you lost to Bellbrook as well. IH wanted Alter. My understanding is that the IH girls were frustrated that they tied Alter in regular season. IH dominated the 2nd half vs Alter in that regular season game, but just couldn't put it away. I thought Alter's coach did a smart thing by packing it in vs IH partway through the 2nd half of a tied game. Alter's goalie played a fantastic game that day. IH was disappointed that Alter lost to Bellbrook. They wanted the re-match.

BTW, this truck doesn't back up for hurt feelings.
How about backing up the truck for accuracy. Bellbrook and Alter tied!!!!!! I never said Bellbrook wasn't good.

Alter lost to a very fast aggressive Tipp city in playoffs. Alter was down 2 starters in the IH 2nd half. IH is best team we have seen all year..Yes wish alter was still playing. Alter wanted rematch as well. Tipp beat us, do not take them lightly they have talent but IH should know ypu played each other 1st game of year IH 2-1 winner. Should beva great match up. Good luck ....
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-02-17, 06:12 PM
CitrusCrunch CitrusCrunch is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-22-07
Posts: 827
CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
bucky you say potato i say potato you say tomato i say tomato
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-02-17, 10:03 PM
Alex01 Alex01 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-04-14
Posts: 22
Alex01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
Hey like it or not somehow OE got all of those players on one team?
These are all the players playing High school.

When a club can put that kind of team together, Then yeah I guess I am pumping OE Great Job !

By the way yes I was at the game and the second goal was from a corner that the goalie punched out and got kicked around to the top of the box where the Loveland kid took the rebound shot from, again started from a corner !

First goal was a great cross from the loveland player as she let the defenders run by and played the ball behind them.

This saturday should be a grudge match between these two teams and looks to be a 50/50 match up , this one could go either way
Hey Buck, I have a Lil Mia on that ECNL Team! She said thanks for the shout out!😁 She is focused on winning a state title but she wanted me to let you know that her initials are RA not AR!!! Lol!! Thanks Buck!!:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALBB Ohio Regional updates (Tue 07/18 morning) seclmw Baseball 1 07-18-17 01:59 PM
Junior National Duals- Team Ohio MikeMattin Wrestling 25 06-25-17 09:35 AM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz