Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-16-17, 04:04 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Girls Soccer Scores (10/16)

Please post scores from Monday games here...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-17, 08:27 PM
Varsity

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Oakwood 2
Trotwood Madison 1
Old 10-16-17, 08:58 PM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Hamilton 2
Kings 0

Can’t wait to see the Hamilton vs. MND on Thursday night!
Old 10-16-17, 09:10 PM
Freshman

Oakville is on a distinguished road
Ursuline Academy 5
Walnut Hills 1
Old 10-17-17, 09:00 AM
Varsity

Sports_Fan_ is on a distinguished road
Seton 3
Little Miami 0

I called this one in an earlier post 14-2 this year 15-1 last year and both first rounds exits. There is no way they were 11 seed over anyone hope these coaches see that next fall.
Old 10-17-17, 08:45 PM
Varsity

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Fan_ View Post
Seton 3
Little Miami 0

I called this one in an earlier post 14-2 this year 15-1 last year and both first rounds exits. There is no way they were 11 seed over anyone hope these coaches see that next fall.
Not looking for an argument here, just something that may be a consideration of the coaches. Could it be they feel that a 14-2 season is simply worthy of a first round home game as a reward for the great record, even if they know the team given it might be an underdog to its first round opponent?
Old 10-18-17, 05:02 AM
All Region

HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Goeller View Post
Not looking for an argument here, just something that may be a consideration of the coaches. Could it be they feel that a 14-2 season is simply worthy of a first round home game as a reward for the great record, even if they know the team given it might be an underdog to its first round opponent?
I actually think thereís a pretty good case to be made for them getting the right seed based on their body of work during the season. They beat Hamilton, West Clermont, and Milford. The Colerain loss is a bad one, but other than that they did what they were supposed to. You canít knock them because of their early exit last year and itís easy to say in retrospect after they lose 3-0 to the #17 seed that they were over-rated, but based on what they did this season I actually think the coaches got it right.
Old 10-18-17, 08:12 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
hornets are knot holed based on league schedule so maybe three out of league games. not as much in recent history but back when my daughter played wasnt unusual for hornets to go 14-2 avg score of the game might be 10-0 but in tourney there was always a team like badin or alter waiting and it ended so i can see both sides. so question using teds theory who gets the #1 seed a 16-0 hornet team or a 14-2 summit. the 16-0 team did what it was supposed to do, just makin that up for the sake of convo
Old 10-18-17, 08:48 AM
All Region

HaaaveYouMetTed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
hornets are knot holed based on league schedule so maybe three out of league games. not as much in recent history but back when my daughter played wasnt unusual for hornets to go 14-2 avg score of the game might be 10-0 but in tourney there was always a team like badin or alter waiting and it ended so i can see both sides. so question using teds theory who gets the #1 seed a 16-0 hornet team or a 14-2 summit. the 16-0 team did what it was supposed to do, just makin that up for the sake of convo
The coaches have already answered that question. "Doing what they were supposed to do" was only good enough for the #11 seed in Little Miami's case, despite a 14-2 record. They came in behind a 7-5-4 Lebanon team in the voting, so the coaches understand that the record isn't the only factor. I just don't think the #11 was too high for LM, given the results they got over the #12 (West Clermont), #15 (Hamilton), and #16(Milford) teams in the regular season.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: