Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-20-19, 11:04 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Idk man they got time to figure it out.
Theyíre just not a good enough shooting team.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-19, 11:05 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
They still have 2 of the top 5 picks in the draft pboy. They likely would be favored against any team on a neutral floor. What team has more talent?
Old 02-20-19, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Speaking of losers from tonight's game, I think some shoe company lost a shot at a major endorsement.
Puma or Adidas just scored big at Nike's expense.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-19, 11:16 PM
All World

Quote:
They still have 2 of the top 5 picks in the draft pboy. They likely would be favored against any team on a neutral floor. What team has more talent?
Im not saying they’ll lose in the first round, but they got exposed really badly tonight. IDK, I know losing Williamson was deflating, but that’s no excuse to be so bad from 3. They need role players like White to step up, but he’s been just awful since January. He hasn’t hit a 3 in 9 Games. Clearly, it’s mental, but that doesn’t help Duke right now.

Also, Duke is notoriously tight lipped with injuries, so unless Williamson is actuallly on the court, I’m going to assume he’s done.
Old 02-20-19, 11:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
Puma or Adidas just scored big at Nike's expense.

Someone from Puma is getting fired

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/sta...039129602?s=21

I know a lot of people are taking shots at Nike, but this is just a freak occurrence. The odds of this happening are astronomical.
Old 02-20-19, 11:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
IMO Zion will still be the #1 pick. Had he not played at Duke I dont think he goes #1 as many people liked Barrett prior to the year starting. Interesting is that Zion wasnt the #1 recruit. Most had Reddish and Barrett ahead of him.

The rule needs to go away but I think he improved his stock by playing college basketball
A lot of people had Barrett ahead of him, but I don't know that that holds up in a more scrutinized professional evaluation with private team workouts, the combine, etc. A freak is a freak, and NBA lottery teams love the theoretical potential of freaks. His worst case would have been running away from his draft classmates in endorsement money when people discovered he was a human highlight real this year.

Old 02-20-19, 11:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Someone from Puma is getting fired

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/sta...039129602?s=21

I know a lot of people are taking shots at Nike, but this is just a freak occurrence. The odds of this happening are astronomical.
No doubt. Some early to mid 20s doof just wrote their own pink slip from that social media job.

That was what, 30 seconds into the game? Astronomically unlikely occurrence. Probably a major psychological inhibitor for Duke tonight in the aftermath.

Old 02-20-19, 11:28 PM
All Yappi

That tweet was up for a while as well.

Solid troll job
Old 02-20-19, 11:32 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Speaking of losers from tonight's game, I think some shoe company lost a shot at a major endorsement.
adidas is pleased it was a Nike
Old 02-20-19, 11:34 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Im not saying theyíll lose in the first round, but they got exposed really badly tonight. IDK, I know losing Williamson was deflating, but thatís no excuse to be so bad from 3. They need role players like White to step up, but heís been just awful since January. He hasnít hit a 3 in 9 Games. Clearly, itís mental, but that doesnít help Duke right now.

Also, Duke is notoriously tight lipped with injuries, so unless Williamson is actuallly on the court, Iím going to assume heís done.
Even if he could play again this season, he won't.
Old 02-20-19, 11:41 PM
All Yappi

He would be foolish to at this point and how could you blame him?
Old 02-21-19, 01:37 AM
All World

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully Zion doesnít play another minute in college. No point risking another injury
Old 02-21-19, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I can't imagine Zion seeing the college floor again. Playing again only exposes him to another injury (or an aggravation of this one) or people discovering he's Blake Griffin part 2. His star's not getting any higher than it is today.
Old 02-21-19, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Saw two blowouts last night, one at the beginning at one at the end. I wouldn't be surprised, nor would I blame him, if Zion does a Nick Bosa and bows out for the remainder of the year. I hope he does for two reasons: 1) for his own benefit; and 2) to shine a harsh light on the ludicrous one-and-done policy.
Old 02-21-19, 09:10 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Saw two blowouts last night, one at the beginning at one at the end. I wouldn't be surprised, nor would I blame him, if Zion does a Nick Bosa and bows out for the remainder of the year. I hope he does for two reasons: 1) for his own benefit; and 2) to shine a harsh light on the ludicrous one-and-done policy.
You think Nike's Duke rep has been able to sleep yet? I'm thinking Phil Knight needed an Ambien.
Old 02-21-19, 09:23 AM
All World

Itís only a mild knee sprain, but I wouldnít hold it against him if he sat out the rest of the Yr. Thatís a risk Duke knew they were getting when they signed these high profile one and dones.
Old 02-21-19, 09:23 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I would be very disappointed in the kid if he chooses to shut it down. Unless he has an injury that he could do permanent damage to if he continues to play, he's turned his back on his team and coaches.

As for the one and done rule. He and possibly a couple other college freshmen are even slightly ready for the NBA. I like the one and done rule, I'd actually like to see a baseball / football format where it's 3 years.

Yes, there is an occasional Lebron James, Kevin Durrant talent that can step right into the NBA. But mostly these one and dones flounder around the first couple of years on bad teams and don't develop fully, physically or mentally.
My best recent example is D'Angelo Russel from right here at Ohio State. Great talent, he struggled his first 3 years in the league. He's with the Nets now and finally has things figured out, heck, he'd probably be a college senior now right? He was in the all star game this year.

Kind of ironic that Luke Maye a senior at North Carolina, stole the show from the freshman, who played 30 seconds. Maye was the best player on the floor last night.
Old 02-21-19, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

So Jim Boheim killed someone last night.
Old 02-21-19, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Itís only a mild knee sprain, but I wouldnít hold it against him if he sat out the rest of the Yr. Thatís a risk Duke knew they were getting when they signed these high profile one and dones.
The more I think about it the more i think he plays again in a Duke uniform
Old 02-21-19, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

No surprise 14red comes in with a dumbazz take. what an effing idiot.

Solid troll job.

He might be the only idiotic dumbazz to ever say i like the one and done rule. Yappi's PFT commenter
Old 02-21-19, 10:00 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:

Solid troll job.

He might be the only idiotic dumbazz to ever say i like the one and done rule. Yappi's PFT commenter
I'm still 100% certain he's a troll, possibly recently.
Old 02-21-19, 10:04 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I would be very disappointed in the kid if he chooses to shut it down. Unless he has an injury that he could do permanent damage to if he continues to play, he's turned his back on his team and coaches.

As for the one and done rule. He and possibly a couple other college freshmen are even slightly ready for the NBA. I like the one and done rule, I'd actually like to see a baseball / football format where it's 3 years.

Yes, there is an occasional Lebron James, Kevin Durrant talent that can step right into the NBA. But mostly these one and dones flounder around the first couple of years on bad teams and don't develop fully, physically or mentally.
My best recent example is D'Angelo Russel from right here at Ohio State. Great talent, he struggled his first 3 years in the league. He's with the Nets now and finally has things figured out, heck, he'd probably be a college senior now right? He was in the all star game this year.

Kind of ironic that Luke Maye a senior at North Carolina, stole the show from the freshman, who played 30 seconds. Maye was the best player on the floor last night.
He was the best player on the court bc the guy he wouldíve had to guard got hurt.
Old 02-21-19, 10:20 AM
All World

Quote:
So Jim Boheim killed someone last night.
I thought you were joking, but that actually happened. Thatís sad man, but sounds like heís not at fault. Guy was walking on the interstate late at night.
Old 02-21-19, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
I'm still 100% certain he's a troll, possibly recently.
He has to be. No way anyone seriously says they like the one and done rule.

I want to be on record saying we knew first he was trolling at a level we had never seen before. Slowly my case has been building and now the lid has just blown off.

Just sit back and enjoy greatness
Old 02-21-19, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I thought you were joking, but that actually happened. Thatís sad man.
Yeah feel bad for everyone involved. Thought it was a joke as well on twitter.
Old 02-21-19, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

Georgia lost to Mississippi State after a fan threw a stuffed animal on the court in the final seconds. The toss resulted in a technical foul, which gave MSU another foul shot and a chance to take the lead.
Old 02-21-19, 10:27 AM
All World

Quote:

Solid troll job.

Think about all the kids who are "projected" to be NBA first rounders who, once we see them a year in college, they decide to stay for 2,3 years? I think it's a good system. I'd rather Zion go to college for one year, than to see a dozen kids throw their college careers out the window because they overshot their skill set. Look at a kid like Markelle Fultz, ya think he may had been better off staying in college??
Old 02-21-19, 10:35 AM
All World

Quote:
If it's a sprain and he's fully capable of coming back and chooses to sit. That tells me all I need to know about the kid. No thanks.
Old 02-21-19, 10:37 AM
All World

Quote:
I thought you were joking, but that actually happened. Thatís sad man, but sounds like heís not at fault. Guy was walking on the interstate late at night.
There was an accident that this man and 3 others were in. He was walking on the interstate near the crash scene and Boeheim hit him. No alcohol after both were tested later. Just a horrible circumstance.
Old 02-21-19, 10:39 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Look at a kid like Markelle Fultz, ya think he may had been better off staying in college??