Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-17-19, 06:41 PM
All American

polar panther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Olive Garden is moving into the TGI Friday's building

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...de/3705232002/
And the OG bashing begins in 3,2,1...........
Old 05-17-19, 07:08 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
I’ll start...
If I wanted to be close to garbage food chain restaurants, I’d move to Liberty Township.
Old 05-20-19, 08:02 AM
Elder '04 UC '09

Chuges is on a distinguished road
I heard that Roosters is opening a location in the old Applebee's location. IHOP in the old Noodle & Co./City BBQ location. Not exactly fine dining but nice to see some new kids on the block.
Old 05-20-19, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

Roosters has good wings that are bigger than most places. That would be a nice replacement for Applebee's.
Old 05-20-19, 10:46 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Roosters has good wings that are bigger than most places. That would be a nice replacement for Applebee's.
Their chicken fingers are also fantastic....pretty even with FN Goode's, but being an actual restaurant with a full menu it's going to hurt FN badly I would think....I believe you literally can only get chicken (albeit probably the best tenders I've had) and average potato chips at FN.
Old 05-20-19, 12:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
Their chicken fingers are also fantastic....pretty even with FN Goode's, but being an actual restaurant with a full menu it's going to hurt FN badly I would think....I believe you literally can only get chicken (albeit probably the best tenders I've had) and average potato chips at FN.
I heard from m someone the FNG does a huge takeout business, so maybe they’ll still be able to do well despite Roosters being just up the street

Last edited by polar panther; 05-20-19 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-20-19, 01:14 PM
All District

cincyelder is on a distinguished road
FNG exists with BW3 right there - for now, I hear they are moving to Rybolt at some point. Roosters wont hurt them, its another wings place with TVs and beer.
Old 05-20-19, 01:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyelder View Post
FNG exists with BW3 right there - for now, I hear they are moving to Rybolt at some point. Roosters wont hurt them, its another wings place with TVs and beer.
Good for them, that location isnít the greatest for them. Iím sure many people drive by it and donít even know itís there. If you have good food people will find you, but it helps them be seen as well.
Old 05-20-19, 02:11 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BW3 is trying to build on the vacant property next to the new Dent Kroger on Harrison. The deal seems to be contingent on them being able to use the private drive shared by Kroger, Rave cinemas and the condos. Negotiations are ongoing. The owners of the vacant land have threatened to find a developer who would build Section 8 apartments if the driveway isn't made available to them. The land sits well below street level and it will be very costly to build a new drive down the hill which would not be aligned with the current traffic light.
Old 05-20-19, 03:14 PM
All Region

Falcon11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I like Roosters. They flash-fried chicken chunks are good (not the over-breaded boneless wing things), and they have some good wings and sauces.

I think the quality of BW3s has gone down hill immensely over the past 10 years or so - and I would much rather go to Roosters than overpriced and understaffed BW3s.
Old 05-23-19, 06:15 PM
Junior Varsity

Melody is on a distinguished road

It was originally rumored to be just 3 businesses Old Navy / Marshall's / Homegoods. Not sure if those fell thru or not.

Source - https://www.facebook.com/WestwoodCiv...type=3&sfns=mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-19, 08:40 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I was actually hoping for a larger sporting goods store like the Kenwood 's. It a drag to have to go to the one in Turfway or Kenwood just to get some decent camping gear or a decent pair of boots.
Old 05-23-19, 09:15 PM
All World

So funny, you cannot name a certain sporting goods store on this board!
Old 05-24-19, 05:15 AM
All Region

foreword is on a distinguished road
I assume you are speaking of "Richard's" Sporting Goods?
Old 05-24-19, 07:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
I assume you are speaking of "Richard's" Sporting Goods?
Old 06-05-19, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

Delhi recently purchased the shopping plaza that was formerly home to biggs/Remke: https://www.wcpo.com/news/transporta...er-delhi-remke
Old 06-06-19, 08:17 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
That is an interesting article, and it seems Delhi is buying it with no plan in place whatsoever. They said they are going to leave the gym and Dunkin. What about Arby's or Wild Mikes? They are talking about a community center, couldn't they do that on land they already own, like in one of their parks and save over 2.5 million? Delhi already owns over 140 acres of parks. Delhi already has a community center. Why not update the antiquated senior/community center on Neeb Road? Why not tear down Delhi Lodge and build that "Mason-like" community center mentioned in the article?

The township administrator said transforming Delhi Pike could take decades.... Unfortunately I don't think Delhi has decades to wait for revitalization. The two options listed were rentals (with retail on the first floor) and town center, I don't think any are needed or wanted by the township residents. Delhi is already a wasteland of old retail, and rentals would most likely drive out long time home owners.

My guess, and this is completely 100% a guess, is that some developer was looking to put in low income or public housing in that area and the township bit the bullet and bought the property instead; now they have no clue what to do with a 2.8 million dollar liability.
Old 06-06-19, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
My guess, and this is completely 100% a guess, is that some developer was looking to put in low income or public housing in that area and the township bit the bullet and bought the property instead; now they have no clue what to do with a 2.8 million dollar liability.
I hope you're right because I don't think anyone understands why they would spend all of that money without any plans for what to do with the property.
Old 06-06-19, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
That's my guess as well. This is the only way purchasing this property with no real plan would make any kind of sense.

And unfortunately public housing seems to be moving in anyways all over that eastern part of Delhi.

Transforming Delhi should have happened a long time ago. It was outdated and in desperate need of revitalization 20 years ago.
Old 06-06-19, 09:41 AM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
That's my guess as well. This is the only way purchasing this property with no real plan would make any kind of sense.

And unfortunately public housing seems to be moving in anyways all over that eastern part of Delhi.

Transforming Delhi should have happened a long time ago. It was outdated and in desperate need of revitalization 20 years ago.
Agreed. They have and are still missing out on a great opportunity to partner with their largest employer, Mount St. Joseph University. They are going to be expanding and building up their campus, including a new rec/fitness center... there's your missed opportunity for a combo use facility for the community like Mason has with the pool and whatnot. Delhi is also notorious for not working well with businesses and I'm sure with this land purchase, more levies will be on the horizon because there will be a "deficit" in the general fund. They will then threaten basic services and alienate even more long time residents, as this has been the Delhi playbook for about 25+ years. Sad, very sad.
Old 06-06-19, 05:04 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
A new addition in the Incline District opened up recently. The Bold Face Dairy Bar opened in the last month. If you are attending a play at the Incline Theater or enjoying dinner at the Incline Public House, Prima Vista, Vera Cruz or Somm restaurants you have a place to stop by for some ice cream for dessert. Or get a malt or float on a hot summer day while enjoying the view. It is a walk up operation in the same building as the Bloc Coffer House across from the Incline Theater.

Here is their web page and a recent article from City Beat Magazine.

https://www.boldfacedairybar.com/

https://www.citybeat.com/food-drink/...y-whip-flavors
Old 06-07-19, 06:40 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
A new addition in the Incline District opened up recently. The Bold Face Dairy Bar opened in the last month. If you are attending a play at the Incline Theater or enjoying dinner at the Incline Public House, Prima Vista, Vera Cruz or Somm restaurants you have a place to stop by for some ice cream for dessert. Or get a malt or float on a hot summer day while enjoying the view. It is a walk up operation in the same building as the Bloc Coffer House across from the Incline Theater.

Here is their web page and a recent article from City Beat Magazine.

https://www.boldfacedairybar.com/

https://www.citybeat.com/food-drink/...y-whip-flavors
I've been there twice already. They serve good, dense soft ice cream bordering on frozen custard. Very good. Also, the one dollar "kiddie cones" are great for some of the neighborhood kids who don't have much more than that for a treat.

Located in a beautiful old building the ice cream shop is a nice addition to the very nice coffee shop up stairs.
Old 06-10-19, 11:48 AM
All World

Cincinnati Shakespeare Company gives love to the Westside.

Three performances in the near westside this summer in their Shakespeare in the Park series this year:

July 31 - Romeo and Juliet at St. Lawrence Square on Warsaw Avenue

August 15 - Midsummer Night's Dream at Delhi Park

August 29 - Macbeth at St. Lawrence Square on Warsaw Avenue

all performances are 7:00-9:00

I go to at least one of these outdoor performances every year, as well as at least one performance at their theater and I have never been disappointed. Great fun!
Old 06-10-19, 03:23 PM
All Yappi

A Westside shopping center I always thought was part of Glenway Crossing (where Johnny's Toys and Swallens formerly stood) and is now home to Panera, Chipotle, Sport Clips, Best Buy, Party City, yet another mattress store and Richard's Sporting Goods was sold for $15.25 million.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna..._news_headline
Old 06-12-19, 02:15 PM
All World

Westside landmark ready for demolition; I am sure many of you noticed that the Hudepohl plant is slowly being demolished. They are just about to the chimney now and it is just a matter of that time before it comes down. That chimney was always kind of a gateway to the Westside. When travelling, seeing that chimney made me feel like I had returned home.

I heard it would have taken 1 million to save the chimney. I wish I had the money.
Old 06-12-19, 03:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Westside landmark ready for demolition; I am sure many of you noticed that the Hudepohl plant is slowly being demolished.

I heard it would have taken 1 million to save the chimney. I wish I had the money.
It is a shame, but as usual time marches on. It will be strange driving the viaduct on not seeing it.
Old 06-15-19, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if St. Lawrence Bakery has changed ownership?
Old 06-15-19, 10:40 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
Does anyone know if St. Lawrence Bakery has changed ownership?
Same girls working out front. I have seen the owner within the past month. If a sale has happened it must have been within the past couple weeks and I think I would have heard the counter ladies talking about it.

I'll check some time this week.
Old 06-15-19, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Same girls working out front. I have seen the owner within the past month. If a sale has happened it must have been within the past couple weeks and I think I would have heard the counter ladies talking about it.

I'll check some time this week.
It's been a few months since I was last there, definitely not the same women that have been working there for as long as I can remember. Three working, nobody in the store but me and none of them were too anxious to wait on. No one said hi or good morning. Finally one of them says "do you know what you want?" Certainly not the service I'm used to there.
Old 06-15-19, 04:05 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
It's been a few months since I was last there, definitely not the same women that have been working there for as long as I can remember. Three working, nobody in the store but me and none of them were too anxious to wait on. No one said hi or good morning. Finally one of them says "do you know what you want?" Certainly not the service I'm used to there.
Thatís just terrible, especially for a small business