Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-03-19, 07:43 AM
Varsity

BigLepowski is on a distinguished road
The kids told me that Liam Clifford ran a 40 in the 4.4's at TN camp last week. Don't know if this is laser or by hand. Hope the new OC can get the ball in his hands quite often. He seemed to do that quite well with the young man that started at Purdue last year as a freshman and came from Trinity.
Old 06-05-19, 01:49 PM
All Yappi

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
https://247sports.com/Article/The-St...ers-128731491/

Athlete Liam Clifford is one of Ohio's top 2021 prospects

From the article...

"A lot of schools are recruiting me as an athlete, but I think right now I fit best as a wide receiver. They might play me at safety in certain packages this year."

"I was timed at a 4.4 forty at the Best of the Midwest in Indianapolis last February."

He holds offers from Cincinnati, Michigan, Pittsburgh, and Toledo.
Old 06-06-19, 07:52 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Vrsansky is the real deal. He can change directions and make cuts like few kids I have seen at this age. Don't be fooled by his size, he is very powerful and is going to run over some people.
Old 06-07-19, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by College#19 View Post
Vrsansky is the real deal. He can change directions and make cuts like few kids I have seen at this age. Don't be fooled by his size, he is very powerful and is going to run over some people.
He may be a factor in Newman’s decision to “concentrate on track”
Old 06-07-19, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
https://247sports.com/Article/The-St...ers-128731491/

Athlete Liam Clifford is one of Ohio's top 2021 prospects

From the article...

"A lot of schools are recruiting me as an athlete, but I think right now I fit best as a wide receiver. They might play me at safety in certain packages this year."

"I was timed at a 4.4 forty at the Best of the Midwest in Indianapolis last February."

He holds offers from Cincinnati, Michigan, Pittsburgh, and Toledo.
I’ve been thinking about a secondary with Hundley and Clifford.
Fast and physical.
Old 06-07-19, 11:33 AM
All Yappi

The offense will be well ahead of the defense at the start of camp.
Coverdale has plenty of skill players to move the ball past the goal line.
The biggest keys to the season IMHO are the maturation of our QB and development of our lines on both sides of the ball
Old 06-07-19, 12:10 PM
All District

River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
Yes it does. There is an one time exception if the student transfer back into the public school district where they reside. If however they are transferring to a district that is not their "home district" they will only be able to play the first five games.

Transfer rules are constantly changing. I haven’t checked if there was a change for 2019 but as of 2018. A kid at an all boys / all girls private schools can transfer to a Co-Ed private and be immediately eligible for the full season. There are other academic / special needs circumstances that can be used for immediate eligibility.
You can also transfer to your home public school or another public school providing they have open enrollment and be eligible immediately.
The distance rule I’m pretty sure has always been in place.

Either way leaving X for any public school just to get to college six months early is a bad, short sighted decision. I’m happy that these schools haven’t caved in and allowed kids to graduate early for athletic reasons.
Old 06-10-19, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
The offense will be well ahead of the defense at the start of camp.
Coverdale has plenty of skill players to move the ball past the goal line.
The biggest keys to the season IMHO are the maturation of our QB and development of our lines on both sides of the ball
Having a QB with a year under his belt along with experienced receivers like Lang and Clifford will certainly be a big advantage. The problems that plagued the offense last year will continue if not addressed. A QB prone to turnovers and inconsistent offensive line play.

Too often last year multiple offensive linemen didnt get a hand on a defender. Im no expert but I wonder if simplifying the blocking schemes would help. Whatever the solution the line needs to get better.

QB has a lot of talent, but needs to learn to take better care of the ball. He had a lot of fumbles in addition to a dozen picks. If he can cut down on turnovers I think he can have a heck of a year