Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1141  
Old 12-08-17, 08:28 PM
SECfb SECfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-29-13
Posts: 720
SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
I read the site too. Because the Rose and Sugar are part of the playoff, they don't pick. the CFB does. But then picks along the following criteria: •After the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl have chosen, the highest ranked available non-playoff, non-champion of the SEC or Big Ten or Notre Dame.
•Over the eight years, a minimum of three SEC and three Big Ten appearances must occur, and a maximum of two Notre Dame appearances can occur

That should have been Ohio State. The Cotton Bowl is not very interesting at all especially on 12/29.
You have a good matchup game with USC, at a really nice site, in prime time. What is the problem?
  #1142  
Old 12-08-17, 08:37 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 141
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Not a good date (a Friday night correct?), not a fun place to go for a bowl game, game means nothing after winning your conference. UB already said that he is going to make this a "fun trip" and do right by the seniors. I will be surprised if OSU is prepared, inspired or in general "gives a damn". I am looking for Ward, Baker, Price and maybe Jones sitting this one out.
  #1143  
Old 12-08-17, 08:39 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,525
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
You have a good matchup game with USC, at a really nice site, in prime time. What is the problem?
I agree. Good matchup, nice location, brings back good memories of USC vs. OSU.

However, my problem is your SEC friend, "goldentornado" is writing posts under my name! Seriously, check my post #1139 and his post #1138

12/9 noon edit.... thanks to goldentornado for deleting his fake-posts.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 12-09-17 at 12:02 PM.
  #1144  
Old 12-08-17, 08:42 PM
SECfb SECfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-29-13
Posts: 720
SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
I agree. Good matchup, nice location, brings back good memories of USC vs. OSU.

However, my problem is your SEC friend, "goldentornado" is writing posts under my name! Seriously, check my post #1139 and his post #1138
Someone was doing that to him, and me also before on this thread
  #1145  
Old 12-08-17, 08:43 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 141
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Looking for the USC QB to announce whether he is leaving early and whether he is going to play in this game. In all seriousness, will he chance his career against Bosa and the boys
  #1146  
Old 12-08-17, 08:56 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 1,652
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Regardless he is playing, the guys who haven't played are from teams in lower tiered bowl games, this is a major, , he will play guaranteed .
  #1147  
Old 12-08-17, 09:01 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 141
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
So... the USC QB is projected to be the 1st or 2nd player chosen and is playing against a very good defensive line in a meaningless bowl game and he is willing to gamble multi-millions on this? Now he may not come out (sorry Browns Fans) but if decides to come out, he would be crazy to play in this game.
  #1148  
Old 12-08-17, 09:03 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,425
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
imagine that
Yeah, imagine that. It took you nearly 8 hours to make up one single post.
  #1149  
Old 12-08-17, 09:41 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,025
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
Looking for the USC QB to announce whether he is leaving early and whether he is going to play in this game. In all seriousness, will he chance his career against Bosa and the boys
Less chance of getting hurt than if he comes out early and gets drafted by the Clowns. LOL.
  #1150  
Old 12-08-17, 09:41 PM
goldentornado goldentornado is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-30-13
Posts: 674
goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
let me know when OSU earns a spot in the playoffs
  #1151  
Old 12-08-17, 09:43 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,425
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Again, didn't think they should have been in this year.
  #1152  
Old 12-08-17, 11:09 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,525
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Post #1153..... sounds like juvenile fake-posts! Simply childish!

Your side has a reasonable argument to make, however, you fracture the foundation with your childish fake-posts. You simply reinforce the "SEC stupid hillbillies" stereotype with your juvenile posts.

12/9 noon edit... thanks to goldentornado for deleting his fake-posts.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 12-09-17 at 12:03 PM.
  #1153  
Old 12-08-17, 11:31 PM
SECfb SECfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-29-13
Posts: 720
SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Post #1153..... sounds like juvenile fake-posts! Simply childish!

Your side has a reasonable argument to make, however, you fracture the foundation with your childish fake-posts. You simply reinforce the "SEC stupid hillbillies" stereotype with your juvenile posts.
Well someone else started it on the Ohio St side switching posts under different username. Look at posts around #1053 to #1063
  #1154  
Old 12-09-17, 04:46 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 1,652
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
You have no clue, this is a major bowl it's the opposite, he would never sit it out even if he announced today.

McCafferey and Clowney were playing in lower tier games, you have to trust me on this one, YOU may think he would be crazy to play but he knows that he should play, notice you will hear no real talk of him not playing , in fact if there was even a hint the game would be off the board in Vegas, , it's still up their with OSU a 7 point favorite
  #1155  
Old 12-09-17, 05:04 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 1,652
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Ahh yes you must have seen the 'BIG LEAD" and Jason McIntyre's take that all good players not playing in the play-off games would be " CRAZY to play in these games . HMMM well I realize it is a new 'THING" for guys projected at the top of the draft or in the first round in general to may be think if not actually sit out the game, but Darnold isn't a running back he ahsn't carried the ball and a heavy load for three years, he has played two seasons and wasn't the starter at the beginning of last year , HE IS PLAYING in this game .

He's a real competitor and this game is the next biggest after the play-off games, , , McIntyre is paid to pose questions like this , but Darnold is playing in this game , you may think he shouldn't but he's a football player he will play, some guys playing in the weedwacker like bowl games ? Rosen ? I get that I suppose, don't like the precedent but get it, Darnold is a different cat playing in a different bowl , he would feel like a Pu##sy if he didn't play .
  #1156  
Old 12-09-17, 07:44 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,425
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECfb View Post
Well someone else started it on the Ohio St side switching posts under different username. Look at posts around #1053 to #1063
That is not what happened lol. Stirred Not Shaken just doesn't know how to quote. The posts weren't changed.
  #1157  
Old 12-09-17, 08:03 AM
SECfb SECfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-29-13
Posts: 720
SECfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
That is not what happened lol. Stirred Not Shaken just doesn't know how to quote. The posts weren't changed.
Well don't know but my name was under his posts.
  #1158  
Old 12-09-17, 10:19 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,757
winbypin is on a distinguished road
There was a chain reaction of bad use of the quote function a page or three back. Once it starts the best way out is to quit quoting for awhile.
  #1159  
Old 12-09-17, 11:24 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,525
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Agreed
  #1160  
Old 12-10-17, 03:30 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,061
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Iowa
  #1161  
Old 12-12-17, 12:40 AM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 141
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Ahh yes you must have seen the 'BIG LEAD" and Jason McIntyre's take that all good players not playing in the play-off games would be " CRAZY to play in these games . HMMM well I realize it is a new 'THING" for guys projected at the top of the draft or in the first round in general to may be think if not actually sit out the game, but Darnold isn't a running back he ahsn't carried the ball and a heavy load for three years, he has played two seasons and wasn't the starter at the beginning of last year , HE IS PLAYING in this game .

He's a real competitor and this game is the next biggest after the play-off games, , , McIntyre is paid to pose questions like this , but Darnold is playing in this game , you may think he shouldn't but he's a football player he will play, some guys playing in the weedwacker like bowl games ? Rosen ? I get that I suppose, don't like the precedent but get it, Darnold is a different cat playing in a different bowl , he would feel like a Pu##sy if he didn't play .
Good grief Harry, I am not clueless nor did I hear or see Macintyre's or whomever's take on this. If you are going to be a high draft pick in the next draft, there is no sane reason to play in this game. Already there is talk that Ward is not going to play (projected top ten pick) and somebody told me that Hubbard is contemplating sitting this out (that one is a little puzzling but he is a finance major who graduates this Sunday). If Sam plays?... Good for him but remember the insurance only pays if you do not play at all after an injury and you never get your money back. It will only take a Nick Bosa late hit to potentially do old Sammy in. Just saying... these Bowls are not worth it anymore to the high projections
  #1162  
Old 12-12-17, 04:50 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 1,652
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't think that you literally were regurgitating that article, BUT the prevailing new narrative that it's al about the individual and that agents families and others in line at the gravy train Café may be telling these kids that they shouldn't play .

Of course they play in a rivalry game a few weeks earlier that is intense but that one more game that is going to be that one too many.

When is it guys will just skip their last year altogether if they aren't yet eligible for the draft ?

Every case is different, and that was my point, , Darnold is about as apt to skip that particular game as the Browns are to becoming a well functioning organization .

He is a USC 'GUY" he's the leader the QB, guys like him with his attitude aren't skipping out on his teammates , that was my point running backs diva defensive lineman and defensive backs ? YES they will be skipping many of these games going forward if projected high , QB'S like him NO, that was the point
  #1163  
Old 12-12-17, 10:31 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 141
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
I didn't think that you literally were regurgitating that article, BUT the prevailing new narrative that it's al about the individual and that agents families and others in line at the gravy train Café may be telling these kids that they shouldn't play .

Of course they play in a rivalry game a few weeks earlier that is intense but that one more game that is going to be that one too many.

When is it guys will just skip their last year altogether if they aren't yet eligible for the draft ?

Every case is different, and that was my point, , Darnold is about as apt to skip that particular game as the Browns are to becoming a well functioning organization .

He is a USC 'GUY" he's the leader the QB, guys like him with his attitude aren't skipping out on his teammates , that was my point running backs diva defensive lineman and defensive backs ? YES they will be skipping many of these games going forward if projected high , QB'S like him NO, that was the point
USC guy or not, if he has decided to come out (and I get the Browns thing), that is a lot money at risk. Ask the linebackers from Dallas and Jacksonville as well as the tight end from Michigan. Sounds like everybody is playing at OSU right now. I hope it is a good game.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 14 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 31 11-24-17 07:02 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 13 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 17 11-17-17 07:24 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 12 - Playoffs) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 35 11-13-17 06:26 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 11 - PLAYOFFS) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 16 11-03-17 06:46 PM
Losing Records.....But In Playoffs Flying Wedge Football 60 10-29-17 08:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz