Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-01-17, 02:24 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
The Big Freeze cometh.

I willing to bet all baseball fans despise winter. Winter in Northeast Ohio is a soul killing monster. I'm hoping we can set up that maybe once a week we can post about our favorite varsity and teams.( Not our travel teams. We can talk travel in the late spring. Let's talk high school ball.
What did your team loose
Who's coming back
Promising newcomers.
Who's your league s favorite.
Let's keep this loose and not to much Bs.
Just post a little don't write novel. Then post more in a few days.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-17, 02:35 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
I'll start with Tallmadge.

What did your team loose
Tallmadge won the DII State Championship last year. They lost one Senior. He was the starting 3rd base throughout the year until he became DH for the playoffs. Number 3 starting pitcher, and batted 5th in the lineup.

Who's coming back
Basically everyone else. The two starting pitchers that pitched almost every inning in the playoffs and the closer that pitched a couple innings. There was some moving around players in the regular season last year, that probably ends this year, especially at 1st base. The starters should be 6 Seniors, 2 Juniors, and a Senior and Junior filling in depending who is pitching. A couple Sophomores will also get some innings in the field and some at bats. Might even be a DH out of one of them.

Promising newcomers.
Unfortunately, no one for this year. There really is no room until after this year.

Suburban League American - Tallmadge
Old 12-01-17, 02:40 PM
All Region

let's start with the NBC, as many of you know this is the last year for this conference. Next year Louisville leaves and it becomes the EBC. It seems every teams has many of there better pitchers back.
Here's how I see it
Top few
Louisville
West Branch
Next few
Alliance
Minerva
Marlington
Carrollton
Salem
Canton South could be the biggest surprise.
Old 12-01-17, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
No doubt Tallmadge has to be the favorite not only in the SLA, but one would think they would be the early on favorite to sit atop the early State polls. That being said, games need to be played in order to determine who stacks up where. Tallmadge, on their way to the state title won alot of close games that could have gone either way. To their credit, they came out on top, and certainly derseved to wear the crown. I really expect Tallmadge will face tough league competition from Highland first of all. They too return many starters, and the bulk of their pitching. Aurora also will be a factor, as will Kent, who returns the majority of their starters. Copley should compete, returning 8 of 9 starters, plus more than a few others with varsity experience, but their pitching depth doesn't come close to Tallmadge or Highland. Other than Hayes, there isn't anybody who will scare Tallmadge or any of the other contenders in the SLA. Got to give Tallmadge the coaching nod also.
Old 12-03-17, 01:33 AM
All Region

Well I know I'll miss a few good players but will come back and add other key players WTH all your help.
NBC
Alliance aviator's key returners, Emmi there catcher, great arm great bat. Travis Strata great glove, good bat, pitches innings biggest pickup is freshman Gavin Bruni. The complete package. Pitches, hits, great defense. . Ok need help filling in spots
West Branch has most there team returning, pitchers, defense, hitting. My prediction is there there my front runners. Deshields, alshouse, and others are very good.
I might be wrong but Minerva seemed seemed to loose a lot, correct me if I'm wrong.
A real dark horse could be the Dukes and the Leps. Both played many talented freshman last year. Louisville people help me with some names, Davis Burkick is one special player.
Marlington started several freshman last year but still have some very good upper class men back. Ohio State commit Zach Desenzo, and catcher Brian Stinson. Nate Alenbough.it might come down to 2 Sophmores being #1 and #2 on the mound. CJ Greiner and Andrew Carr. Other Sophmores Anthony Sabbittino and Andrew Pucci, Nick mudrick. Outfielder Travis W.
Ok help fill in my whole please.

Last edited by Old Wildcat; 12-03-17 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-03-17, 01:39 AM
All Region

Well I know I'll miss a few good players but will come back and add other key players WTH all your help.
NBC
Alliance aviator's key returners, Emmi there catcher, great arm great bat. Travis Strata great glove, good bat, pitches innings biggest pickup is freshman Gavin Bruni. The complete package. Pitches, hits, great defense. . Ok need help filling in spots
West Branch has most there team returning, pitchers, defense, hitting. My prediction is there there my front runners. Deshields, alshouse, and others are very good.
I might be wrong but Minerva seemed seemed to loose a lot, correct me if I'm wrong.
A real dark horse could be the Dukes and the Leps. Both played many talented freshman last year. Louisville people help me with some names, Davis Burkick is one special player.
Marlington started several freshman last year but still have some very good upper class men back. Ohio State commit Zach Desenzo, and catcher Brian Stinson. Nate Alenbough.it might come down to 2 Sophmores being #1 and #2 on the mound. CJ Greiner and Andrew Carr. Other Sophmores Anthony Sabbittino and Andrew Pucci, Nick mudrick.
Ok help fill in my whole please.
One last kid be seen show awesome potential, Canton South's Robbie Akers. Kid might not throw the hardest but could be one of the best pitchers.
Old 12-04-17, 10:16 AM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Newark Catholic

What did your team loose
Almost everyone

Who's coming back
Catcher, 3rd base, RF

Promising newcomers.
DH will probably get his shot at SS. Big sophomore 1st baseman. Jr 2nd baseman. Sophomore RF moves to CF. Jr LF/RF. Bunch of pitchers that I think can win more games than last year's group.

Who's your leagues favorite.

Licking County League - Lakewood (big school), Johnstown (small)
Old 12-04-17, 01:23 PM
Freshman

NilesDragon1 is on a distinguished road
Niles McKinley Red Dragons

What did your team loose
Lost one of our top 2 starting pitchers. Also lost 1B, 2B, 3B, CF & LF.

Who's coming back
We have our 9 game winner from last year coming back. A junior who will solidify the #2 that we lost. Catcher, SS and RF also return. Going to be a young team. Only 2 seniors return.

Promising newcomers.
We have a couple freshman coming in who look to contribute and possibly crack the starting lineup.

All-American Conference (White Tier) - Niles & Hubbard
Old 12-04-17, 01:24 PM
Varsity

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
Just Remember ..... when you get to the State Finals ( Huntington Park), you will now play in a larger park than Yankee Stadium !

I do believe larger than Both 2017 World Series Fields.

Nice - But Totally Different than all season.
Old 12-05-17, 11:11 AM
Junior Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Only got to see each school one time when they came to Louisville last year, but if I remember from some names that stuck out...
WB- Bates, Deshields
CS - Akers, Phillip? (Sure not spelled right)
Mar - Desenzo, Pucci
All - Catcher was good, and I hear Freshman is good
Sal- didn't see that game
Carr- had a couple nice players but can't recall names
Min- Wright, Hanley, Croston we're tough, but not sure what grade.

Now Louisville... Played a ton of SRs which means that a bunch of spots open up. Some kids played that will most likely take up a couple of those spots with a bunch of kids who played JV last year looking to step in. Zuppe(JR) King(JR) Whal(SR) Davis(SR), Sherear (JR) and Burick(Soph) all lettered last year. Burick and Sherear both named all league and Burick was All County I believe. The JR class will offer up some nice players with Lingle, Hartline, Mongiardo, Gray and Prasco all looking to claim a spot. Sherear (LHP) had a great season and should be the #1 , the question is who will be the #2 and replace Carson Davis and the innings he gave last year. Couple other things to watch is who will fill the SS role left by All County player Tyler Adams? I have heard that Burick was out of position last year at 3rd and is usually a SS and if that's the case who will play 3rd? Guessing Jack Davis will hold down 1st base when he isn't on mound, and Hartline looked soild behind the plate in the JV games I watched last year. Lingle swings the bat well and should be able to find a home in the OF somewhere. The big question mark will be who will take the mound, and can they be effective ... Again, I didn't see every game, but from what I saw and talking to some people that is what I get. Other Leopard fans help me out...
Old 12-05-17, 02:07 PM
All Region

fortfan is on a distinguished road
Fort Recovery (MAC)

What we lost:
Our starting left fielder and a relief pitcher/occasional first baseman.

What we have coming back:
Nick Thwaits (Kent State commit)
Cade Wendel (Lake Erie CC commit)
Reese Rogers (Muskegon CC commit)
Will Homan (D6 football player of the year)

A total of 9 seniors all but one started at some point last year.

Promising newcomers:
Garret Faller (Sophomore)
Joe Homan (Sophomore)
Ian Homan (Sophomore)

League Favorites:

Minster, Coldwater, St. Henry maybe Versailles....