Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-12-18, 12:48 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Trotwood-Out

As stated two weeks ago. An 8-1 vote has ended Twood affiliation with the GWOC. The Conference will send a press release out sometime today to give the "reasons" the have been removed. The informal vote was held two weeks ago with just AD, the formal was today. A sad day when you have gotten so good no one wants you.

Good luck Rams and good riddance all of the teams that conspired to ensure the team that held the banner for the conference the last 10 years was removed
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-18, 12:54 PM
Junior Varsity

0-16gobrowns is on a distinguished road
Trotwood-Out

Talked to there fans this year after the Pick Central football game. They told me what the league was trying to do. I know nothing about the league inner workings. Why are they being forced to leave ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-18, 01:00 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Now that the vote is official, I will ask the same question that I did in another thread. Who made the motion for the vote to happen and what ,if any, discussion was there?
Old 12-12-18, 01:11 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Sad. Happened to our high school (Louisville). Scary it's becoming a trend, programs, rather than improving and getting better, would rather duck the gold standard competition in their league. High school sports is becoming a joke.
Old 12-12-18, 01:28 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Sad. Happened to our high school (Louisville). Scary it's becoming a trend, programs, rather than improving and getting better, would rather duck the gold standard competition in their league. High school sports is becoming a joke.
Societal issues...
Old 12-12-18, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Societal issues...
Bad parenting. Kids are not taught how to cope with challenges, setbacks, and disappointment the right way. Instead, fork blame on others, privilage is deserved and entitlement bestowed. Societal issues as you stated start with the "me-centric" starting place. Why I take satisfaction not coaching no longer in today's culture of high school sports. Parents are ruining kids and making coaches and administrators lives a living hell.
Old 12-12-18, 01:37 PM
All American

fallsdog is on a distinguished road
Stay away from players from other programs and focus on developing your own.
Old 12-12-18, 02:12 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bad parenting. Kids are not taught how to cope with challenges, setbacks, and disappointment the right way. Instead, fork blame on others, privilage is deserved and entitlement bestowed. Societal issues as you stated start with the "me-centric" starting place. Why I take satisfaction not coaching no longer in today's culture of high school sports. Parents are ruining kids and making coaches and administrators lives a living hell.
Exactly! Well said Coach!
Old 12-12-18, 02:22 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Unfortunate for Trotwood but the new GWOC would be in a bind with an uneven number of teams due to Lebanon leaving. Combine that with Trotwood being a D3 school with the others being D1 or barely D2 and the writing was on the wall. Add in Trotwood barely fielding teams or finishing last in other sports (soccer, baseball, etc) and not traveling well to any school in really any sport (football and basketball travel well sometimes) also cannot help. As an added note, Trotwood also now accepting open enrollment to help try to keep student enrollment up also had to factor in to other schools for the future.

I hope Trotwood can catch on in a league somewhere but we all know it wont happen. DPS wont want to accept them, SWBL and SWOC never will because they will get steamrolled in the money sports, CCC is too small. Independent is their only option in my mind.
Old 12-12-18, 02:22 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Although I agree with everything you have said on this thread, I do think Louisville leaving the NBC was the best thing for them.
Old 12-12-18, 02:24 PM
All World

User13
Trotwood

Look at Trotwood-Madison across all GWOC sports. They dominate their division in the two high profile sports, football and boys basketball. In the other sports (last season's results):

Boys cross country: Did not field a team
Girl cross country: Did not field a team
Boys golf: Did not field a team
Girls golf: Did not field a team
Boys soccer: Next to last place
Girls soccer: Next to last place
Girls tennis: Last place
Girls volleyball: Last place
Girls basketball: First place
Boys bowling: Last place
Girls bowling: Last place
Boys swimming: Next to last place
Girls swimming: Last place
Wrestling: First place
Cheerleading: Did not field a team
Baseball: Last place
Softball: Last place
Boys track: First place
Girls track: First place
Boys tennis: First place

All Sports standing: Third place

Not sure what to conclude. The Rams are a mix of very good and bad (or no) teams. I just wanted to point out that AD's look across all sports when deciding what is best for their kids.

All Sports results here:

http://www.gwocsports.com/contentPag...ar=2017&div=12

Last edited by User13; 12-13-18 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-12-18, 02:28 PM
All District

JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by User13 View Post
Look at Trotwood-Madison across all GWOC sports. They dominate their division in the two high profile sports, football and boys basketball. In the other sports (last season's results):

Boys cross country: Did not field a team
Girl cross country: Did not field a team
Boys soccer: Next to last place
Girls soccer: Next to last place
Girls tennis: Last place
Girls volleyball: Last place
Girls basketball: First place
Boys bowling: Last place
Girls bowling: Last place
Boys swimming: Next to last place
Girls swimming: Last place
Wrestling: First place
Cheerleading: Did not field a team
Baseball: Last place
Softball: Last place
Boys track: First place
Girls track: First place
Boys tennis: First place

All Sports standing: Third place

Not sure what to conclude. The Rams are a mix of very good and bad (or no) teams. I just wanted to point out that AD's look across all sports when deciding what is best for their kids.

All Sports results here:

http://www.gwocsports.com/contentPag...ar=2017&div=12
This argument doesn't make sense when West Carrollton and Stebbins are constantly at the bottom of all sports.......
Old 12-12-18, 02:38 PM
All World

User13
The WHIO article said, "GWOC Commissioner Eric Spahr cited schedule concerns, a disparity in enrollment and Trotwoodís inability to field teams below the varsity levels in some sports."

I wonder how West Carrollton and Stebbins do in fielding JV teams.
Old 12-12-18, 02:39 PM
All World

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
From what I read it is not the results of the team but the fact they did not field teams and did not have enough people to field JV and freshmen teams.
Old 12-12-18, 02:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
Although I agree with everything you have said on this thread, I do think Louisville leaving the NBC was the best thing for them.
I supported leaving the NBC before the NBC disbanding. My major gripe was how the other seven schools conspired and the reasoning they used to justify their departures. The CB aspect argument used didn't hold any weight. Louisville, in terms of enrollment was the largest, however the next two largest schools were 6-8% less than Louisville's total.
Old 12-12-18, 03:26 PM
All Region

BigVic1 is on a distinguished road
I would agree that the 10 that left Collaborated to leave and not include TW.... But why would the remaining 8 do the same??? So that would mean Centerville, Northmont, Springfield and Wayne are afraid to play TW in 2 sports??? I wouldnít think so... Why would any AD want to deal with scheduling conflicts that would come with keeping them in the GWOC....

Old 12-12-18, 03:31 PM
All Region

sportfan97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
This argument doesn't make sense when West Carrollton and Stebbins are constantly at the bottom of all sports.......

I thought I read where The GWOC will consist of only 8 teams next season and West Carrollton and Stebbins are not on that list so your argument doesnít make sense.

The eight remaining GWOC members will be Beavercreek, Centerville, Fairmont, Miamisburg, Northmont, Springboro, Springfield, and Wayne

Old 12-12-18, 03:38 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
The 10 that left hosed Trotwood because they want their kids to get a trophy in football, basketball and track one day too....

The other schools did have a legitimate "Big School vs. Little School gripe" I will give them that. But why was Trotwood OK to be in the conference a few months ago but now not anymore. It is very hypocritical and obvious this is much more about winning than it is about what is best for kids.

Trotwood would have been just fine with the new MVL. The creation of that league was the beginning of the end for local conference affiliation. Tired of seeing the have nots, beating the haves. Plain and simple....
Old 12-12-18, 03:49 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
I say

Good Riddance to the GWOC. This happens to all successful teams that are majority African-American that have sustained success all over the place. No one wants to call it what it is. And that is what the issue is. All of the stuff about Trotwood being bad in the other sports is just a thin vail of an excuse. Beavercreek and Fairmont have been terrible in the major sports for a generation, Without a mention of being removed from a conference. See Winton Woods a few years ago. it will tell a very similar and telling story. See all of pee wee football across southwest Ohio. It isn't any surprise. Trotwood will have to work at it, but we will be fine.
Old 12-12-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

FBGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
The 10 that left hosed Trotwood because they want their kids to get a trophy in football, basketball and track one day too....

The other schools did have a legitimate "Big School vs. Little School gripe" I will give them that. But why was Trotwood OK to be in the conference a few months ago but now not anymore. It is very hypocritical and obvious this is much more about winning than it is about what is best for kids.

Trotwood would have been just fine with the new MVL. The creation of that league was the beginning of the end for local conference affiliation. Tired of seeing the have nots, beating the haves. Plain and simple....
Why is it that Trotwood fans want to act like the cheating, lying, and recruiting didnt happen. Believe me it was a big part of all of this. You guys want to act like that stuff never happened and you are being railroaded out of town for no good reason. Quit playing the victim. It took a while but you got your consequences.
Old 12-12-18, 03:59 PM
All World

Peterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Say View Post
Good Riddance to the GWOC. This happens to all successful teams that are majority African-American that have sustained success all over the place. No one wants to call it what it is. And that is what the issue is. All of the stuff about Trotwood being bad in the other sports is just a thin vail of an excuse. Beavercreek and Fairmont have been terrible in the major sports for a generation, Without a mention of being removed from a conference. See Winton Woods a few years ago. it will tell a very similar and telling story. See all of pee wee football across southwest Ohio. It isn't any surprise. Trotwood will have to work at it, but we will be fine.
Completely agree!! Behind this is racism-pure and simple. And I am white and I firmly believe this to be the case.
Old 12-12-18, 05:07 PM
All American

blahblah4everything is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterson View Post
Behind this is racism-pure and simple.
From government administrators?
Old 12-12-18, 05:33 PM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Had Lebanon stayed. Trotwood would still be in the league. Once Lebanon left someone had to go. The only D-3 school was the easy target. All those reasons are justifications but when Lebanon left, they needed to get to 8. Football scheduling is the reason. Now they play 7 league, and 3 non league.
Old 12-12-18, 06:19 PM
All Region

BigVic1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
Had Lebanon stayed. Trotwood would still be in the league. Once Lebanon left someone had to go. The only D-3 school was the easy target. All those reasons are justifications but when Lebanon left, they needed to get to 8. Football scheduling is the reason. Now they play 7 league, and 3 non league.

Right

Old 12-12-18, 06:34 PM
All District

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
What am I missing? The crossover football games weren't used to determine the division winners. Wayne played 3 out-of-conference games. So, as much as an even number might be nice, you could figure out a way with an odd number of teams.

As has been pointed out, Trotwood didn't field teams in all sports without GWOC crashing.

Anyway, there might be reasons not to include them but, using Lebanon leaving is pretty weak.
Old 12-12-18, 07:25 PM
Freshman

MiamiValleySports is on a distinguished road
9 teams would leave a team with a Open week every week during the football season...and letís be honest, ADís worry primarily about football. This would make it tough for all teams to find an open opponent during weeks 4-10 when most teams are in conference play. Although I agree that race could have very easily played a role in this, I think that scheduling for football was the motivating factor
Old 12-12-18, 07:54 PM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGuy View Post
Why is it that Trotwood fans want to act like the cheating, lying, and recruiting didnt happen. Believe me it was a big part of all of this. You guys want to act like that stuff never happened and you are being railroaded out of town for no good reason. Quit playing the victim. It took a while but you got your consequences.
So why is t Wayne kicked out then. They started the whole recruiting thing since thatís what you want to point out saying they tecruit
Old 12-12-18, 08:10 PM
All District

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
The Open Week argument makes some sense. Guess you could find an independent that would take some games to make their scheduling easier...maybe out of state...Canadian team perhaps. I'll withdraw my objection that an odd number isn't a valid excuse.
Old 12-12-18, 08:59 PM
All District

Ohio94 is on a distinguished road
Itís wrong that they were not included in the new MVL.
Old 12-12-18, 09:02 PM
All District

Ohio94 is on a distinguished road
The arguments for them not being included seem pretty weak.

Last edited by Ohio94; 12-12-18 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Missed second grade homophone day