Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-25-17, 11:24 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
It's interesting because if OSU does get in ahead of Bama, the committee is completely disregarding everything that happened last year, with a 1-loss OSU getting in over 2-loss conference champion PSU.

This process will be much better once we get to a 64 team, 4 conference, 2 division per conference, 8 teams per division super league, where the conference championships act as the 1st round of the playoffs, with the winners advancing to the semi-finals.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-17, 11:39 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
It's interesting because if OSU does get in ahead of Bama, the committee is completely disregarding everything that happened last year, with a 1-loss OSU getting in over 2-loss conference champion PSU.

This process will be much better once we get to a 64 team, 4 conference, 2 division per conference, 8 teams per division super league, where the conference championships act as the 1st round of the playoffs, with the winners advancing to the semi-finals.
I'd just like a scenario where when you win your conference, you know you're in. The objective should be to take the committee out of the deciding process completely, similar to auto qualifiers in the basketball tourney. You shouldn't have to wait around for several days wondering if you're in or not. This year it could lead to a vastly inferior Stanford getting in if they win the PAC12, but that's fine with me as long as they win their conference. Alabama lost their most important game and should therefore be out of it imo. It's retårded to have rematches in the CFP when team A beat team B in the regular season.
Old 11-25-17, 11:49 PM
All Yappi

Or, to satisfy the G5 conferences, the sixth team into CFP is the best conference winner from the G5. Win your conference or you're f'ed. Keep it at 6 teams and you avoid the 1 loss and SOS shenanigans. Voila.

That would essentially end all of the good OOC early season games though since there would be no point. I still prefer that over the way it is now.
Old 11-25-17, 11:54 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
It was absurd that Alabama was ranked #1 all along. Their SOS was no better than Wisconsin's the entire time.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...r_alabama.html

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/w...agarin-ranking
Old 11-25-17, 11:58 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Or, to satisfy the G5 conferences, the sixth team into CFP is the best conference winner from the G5. Win your conference or you're f'ed. Keep it at 6 teams and you avoid the 1 loss and SOS shenanigans. Voila.

That would essentially end all of the good OOC early season games though since there would be no point. I still prefer that over the way it is now.
Honestly, just get rid of the G5 already. It's clear the committee has no respect for them and never will. Split FBS into 2 divisions.
Old 11-26-17, 12:03 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Honestly, just get rid of the G5 already. It's clear the committee has no respect for them and never will. Split FBS into 2 divisions.
I'd be fine with that. It'd be the only realistic way for 50% of FBS schools to win a championship.

Last edited by Sig Hansen; 11-26-17 at 12:28 AM..
Old 11-26-17, 12:21 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
It will be the same group of people lobbying for Bama to be in the playoff this year that were so up in arms about OSU being included last year. To be honest, as an OSU fan, I don't think we've earned a spot this year, but would also say that Bama has benefited tremendously from where they happened to be subjectively placed in the polls. It just goes to show that ultimately the four team playoff system is still falling short in finding an objective national champion.
Old 11-26-17, 11:52 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

IMO last year’s OSU team was much different than this years Bama team. I know many have said it’s the same situation, but it’s not. For starters, OSU had a huge win on the road at Oklahoma last year. Bama has no such big win this year, not even close. Secondly, whoever wins the SEC will have a better resume IMO than what PSU had last year.

The records are the same, but there are still big differences.
Old 11-26-17, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
OSU last year I believe had three top ten wins, and four or five top 25.

This Bama is more similar to 2015 OSU, when Zeke and co didn't get in. BUT our two losses this year are so bad that we shouldn't get in over a one loss team IMO
Old 11-26-17, 01:38 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
OSU last year I believe had three top ten wins, and four or five top 25.

This Bama is more similar to 2015 OSU, when Zeke and co didn't get in. BUT our two losses this year are so bad that we shouldn't get in over a one loss team IMO
Last year's Buckeye squad had regular season wins over Oklahoma, Michigan, and Wisconsin, which were all in the top ten after the conference championship week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_N...tball_rankings

Alabama's biggest wins this season are against #16 Mississippi State and #19 LSU. There's no way you can compare Alabama's schedule this year to Ohio State's last year.

I don't think you could put in Alabama over Ohio State this year, because their schedule is so massively weak, and they lost their only big game of the season this year.

I think it would have been appropriate to put Alabama in over the Buckeyes if the Tide had beaten Auburn, but lost to Georgia in the SEC championship game, though.
Old 11-26-17, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
Last year's Buckeye squad had regular season wins over Oklahoma, Michigan, and Wisconsin, which were all in the top ten after the conference championship week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_N...tball_rankings

Alabama's biggest wins this season are against #16 Mississippi State and #19 LSU. There's no way you can compare Alabama's schedule this year to Ohio State's last year.

I don't think you could put in Alabama over Ohio State this year, because their schedule is so massively weak, and they lost their only big game of the season this year.

I think it would have been appropriate to put Alabama in over the Buckeyes if the Tide had beaten Auburn, but lost to Georgia in the SEC championship game, though.
Just so
Old 12-09-17, 06:39 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
That was a heck of an Army vs Navy game. I’m going to try to attend that game next year. Always wanted to experience it in person.
Old 12-09-17, 07:15 PM
All Yappi

Awesome game. Sucks for the Navy kicker, had plenty of leg but the wind and snow pushed it left.