Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-27-18, 02:28 PM
All American

purplenova
Offensive Coordinator leaves Wayne

Looks like Wayne is looking for a new OC.

What are your thoughts on this.

Successful Wayne offensive coordinator leaves for Greenon

I think there were some concerns couple year ago when he came over from Fairmont, but fortunately for Wayne, the outcome was better than it had been while he was still at Fairmont.

Had a good run coach. Good luck at Greenon with your son.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-18, 04:13 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
WHIO is really late on this news as this happened a while ago.

My thoughts is that this will benefit both Wayne and Greenon.

Most Wayne fans were not happy with Blevins as he never seemed to be able to make 2nd half adjustments... never put players in motion, never had a power "I" for short distance or goal line plays and seems to go away with what is working at key times in state title games never had a screen play to keep pressure off of a QB.....

Wayne scored a ton of points under Blevins but the talent at Wayne during those years I don't think it would of mattered too much who was calling the plays to get those results.
Old 04-28-18, 01:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Chieftain1995 is on a distinguished road
I would leave out the "doesn't have a Power I" criticism. It's 2018. How many teams put in a Power I to run short yardage?
Old 04-28-18, 03:24 PM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Blevins couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag, let alone coach a football team.
Old 04-28-18, 03:26 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
They just lost there DC also. It’s rumored he got fired and some say he retired, either way it go they just lost the OC and DC and it’s hard to find good coaches in high school football
Old 04-28-18, 03:27 PM
All District

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Looks like Wayne is in trouble.... No one is transferring in and that’s how Minton built his dynasty there
Old 04-28-18, 04:51 PM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
They just lost there DC also. It’s rumored he got fired and some say he retired, either way it go they just lost the OC and DC and it’s hard to find good coaches in high school football
Coach Pat Wood is gone from Wayne? It seems like he has been there for ever.
Old 04-29-18, 08:03 AM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
Looks like Wayne is in trouble.... No one is transferring in and that’s how Minton built his dynasty there
The transfers seemed to have slowed down at Wayne. I think Douglass at Springfield and Trotwood's success is hurting Wayne by cutting off the supply of those athletes.
Old 04-29-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB View Post
Coach Pat Wood is gone from Wayne? It seems like he has been there for ever.
Coach Wood is a great coach and we will miss him a ton. He has been at Wayne forever, also, 2 other coaches also retired.
Old 04-29-18, 03:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
The transfers seemed to have slowed down at Wayne. I think Douglass at Springfield and Trotwood's success is hurting Wayne by cutting off the supply of those athletes.
actually it is going the other way with Scott, Brown, Wilcox, Kennedy all transfering out.... they will be missed but still plenty of talent at Wayne.
Old 04-30-18, 04:02 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
So Life long Wayne kids are transferring OUT Vamps? Is that what has happened lately? Why ? Where is it better than there to win football games? And where are they going and why ? What is at these other places?

Always talent at Wayne , no doubt about that , but if you aren't getting the transfers in and now some are going out ?, has that state title type teams that have been to the finals window closing?

Wayne was certainly good enough a couple of years to have a title or two no question about that , but if not a few of those years ? Do you see the program winning one or getting back to the title game with a lower talent level?
Old 04-30-18, 08:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
So Life long Wayne kids are transferring OUT Vamps? Is that what has happened lately? Why ? Where is it better than there to win football games? And where are they going and why ? What is at these other places?

Always talent at Wayne , no doubt about that , but if you aren't getting the transfers in and now some are going out ?, has that state title type teams that have been to the finals window closing?

Wayne was certainly good enough a couple of years to have a title or two no question about that , but if not a few of those years ? Do you see the program winning one or getting back to the title game with a lower talent level?
2 left because parents moved out of the area... not sports related. 1 left to start at another school instead of sitting the bench and waiting his turn.

Pickerington North
Springfield
Princeton
Trotwood

Wayne has always had transfers in and out but it is rare for a future "D1 prospect" to leave. Scott, Brown, and Wilcox definitely could of contributed to this upcoming football season. Not sure if Kennedy played football or not, he is an upcoming basketball star.

Wayne will be fine. They may take a hit this upcoming year but they still have a very talented incoming sophomore class. Wayne will eventually win a state title. Even a down Wayne team is still pretty good. I believe they will be a state threat in 2 years.... of course, who knows... if some of the talent walking the halls come out for the team instead of sitting around playing video games Wayne could be a threat every year.
Old 04-30-18, 02:14 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Thatís too bad that young Wilcox left.
Old 05-01-18, 12:12 AM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Thatís too bad that young Wilcox left.
Was this Wilcox related to the former Warrior Matt Wilcox who has had some off field issues at Bowling Green?

http://www.toledoblade.com/College/2...volved-in.html
Old 05-01-18, 11:45 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post
Was this Wilcox related to the former Warrior Matt Wilcox who has had some off field issues at Bowling Green?

http://www.toledoblade.com/College/2...volved-in.html

You obviously have an agenda here. You could have asked if he was related to Matt but you decided to add some spice to it. Real classy move there.
Old 05-01-18, 01:54 PM
All District

Quote:
You obviously have an agenda here. You could have asked if he was related to Matt but you decided to add some spice to it. Real classy move there.
Sorry you are so touchy, but I really had no agenda. I just tried searching to see if the Wilcox you mentioned was related to former Wayne player Matt Wilcox who I recalled playing for Wayne. I never found an answer but did find this news report so I thought I would ask. Maybe others might find the report interesting and informative as that is what I thought the purpose of this forum was for. Rather than posting your crap, you could just answer the question. Have a nice day.
Old 05-01-18, 01:57 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Offensive Coordinator leaves Wayne

Quote:
Sorry you are so touchy, but I really had no agenda. I just tried searching to see if the Wilcox you mentioned was related to former Wayne player Matt Wilcox who I recalled playing for Wayne. I never found an answer but did find this news report so I thought I would ask. Maybe others might find the report interesting and informative as that is what I thought the purpose of this forum was for. Rather than posting your crap, you could just answer the question. Have a nice day.

I never see a need to drag a kid further down than he/she already is. Kids make mistakes. You posted it for less than informative purposes. If I posted something about your kid for informational purposes only, would that be ok?
Old 05-01-18, 02:33 PM
All District

Quote:
I never see a need to drag a kid further down than he/she already is. Kids make mistakes. You posted it for less than informative purposes. If I posted something about your kid for informational purposes only, would that be ok?
Jeez, you really have problems. It was a public newspaper report that pops up when one does a google search on Matt Wilcox. All I did was post a link to the fricken report. I did not post any personal information. If you don't like it, too bad.
Old 05-01-18, 02:36 PM
All American

You are wrong , if you don't read about something here it didn't happen
Old 05-01-18, 05:39 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Quote:
Jeez, you really have problems. It was a public newspaper report that pops up when one does a google search on Matt Wilcox. All I did was post a link to the fricken report. I did not post any personal information. If you don't like it, too bad.

No problem. It is what it is. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes and becomes a better person.

I decided to Google Matt Wilcox as well. Matt Wilcoxís career against Centerville showed that his teams went 3-1 with two back-to-back running clock victories. That Google is a powerful tool! I had forgotten that until you reminded me I could search for good news too.
Old 05-01-18, 06:12 PM
All American

Nice work warrior. Google is indeed powerful . Unfortunately the kid seems to down to a last chance type situation . I have seen him since a Frosh . Really solid player who has a nice sense of how to play . Instincts moves , runs well. Hope he gets it together because he has some potential as a KR / slot may be at next level ? ( Canada if not an NFL camp ?)
Old 05-02-18, 10:54 AM
All American

purplenova
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
WHIO is really late on this news as this happened a while ago.

My thoughts is that this will benefit both Wayne and Greenon.

Most Wayne fans were not happy with Blevins as he never seemed to be able to make 2nd half adjustments... never put players in motion, never had a power "I" for short distance or goal line plays and seems to go away with what is working at key times in state title games never had a screen play to keep pressure off of a QB.....

Wayne scored a ton of points under Blevins but the talent at Wayne during those years I don't think it would of mattered too much who was calling the plays to get those results.
I've known for some time that coach was leaving, but i wasnt gonna post anything until it was made public. Was shocked to here coach Wood was leaving.