Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > National Football Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-30-10, 01:12 AM
All American

Bordertown is on a distinguished road
National High School Record for OTs

In a game in the piney woods of East Texas Jacksonville defeated Nacogdoches 84-81 in 12 OTs. The game started at 7:30 and ended at 12:45.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-10, 06:21 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
That's just unreal. I've never heard of a game breaking the double-digit OT total. So, I'm guessing this is the record. if not, I'd love to know what broke it.
Old 10-31-10, 02:13 PM
All American

The fact it was a national recorded was reported by Foxsports Southwest.
Old 11-03-10, 06:14 PM
homesick

WoodyHayes is on a distinguished road
The Rest Of The Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordertown View Post
In a game in the piney woods of East Texas Jacksonville defeated Nacogdoches 84-81 in 12 OTs. The game started at 7:30 and ended at 12:45.
I did not know this but one of my best friends along with his two sons were on the crew that reffed this game. He told me the story today and I hope I get this right.
Nac had to win by seven to make the playoffs and Jacksonville could not lose by more than six. Nac actually could have won the game early but it would have only been by six so they took a knee to continue. The Jacksonville coach asked Chris (one of the sons) if he would take a knee and just move on at one point because they still would have made the playoffs. Chris said, H--- no, I would want to win and the Jacksonville coach said that he was glad that they all understood. Jake told me that the previous record was nine ot's. I think I got this all right.
Old 11-09-11, 11:23 AM
All Ohio

23145tp is on a distinguished road
If it's not the record it's has to be in the top three.
Old 11-09-11, 03:07 PM
All World

Fightingfor7crusader is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyHayes View Post
I did not know this but one of my best friends along with his two sons were on the crew that reffed this game. He told me the story today and I hope I get this right.
Nac had to win by seven to make the playoffs and Jacksonville could not lose by more than six. Nac actually could have won the game early but it would have only been by six so they took a knee to continue. The Jacksonville coach asked Chris (one of the sons) if he would take a knee and just move on at one point because they still would have made the playoffs. Chris said, H--- no, I would want to win and the Jacksonville coach said that he was glad that they all understood. Jake told me that the previous record was nine ot's. I think I got this all right.
How much you win or lose by determines getting into the playoffs? That is plain stupid.
Old 11-09-11, 07:57 PM
homesick

WoodyHayes is on a distinguished road
Not Realy

When you have districts that are tied, you go into tie breakers. Points is a third or fourth level tie breaker so you can put your foot in your mouth now.
Old 11-10-11, 01:18 AM
All World

Fightingfor7crusader is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyHayes View Post
When you have districts that are tied, you go into tie breakers. Points is a third or fourth level tie breaker so you can put your foot in your mouth now.
I'm not going to put my foot in my mouth. It's still stupid tie-breaker or not.. there's many better ways of determining who gets into the playoffs or breaking tie.. it ruins the integrity of the game as seen in this game. Whatever system they're using down there needs a fixin'.
Old 12-12-11, 09:30 PM
All American

Folks in Texas would find the Harbin System suspect. The notion of Harbin cows.

The event I reported here was a year ago so I do not remember the details. Given that the top 4 teams in a district make the playoffs, there is not alot of sympathy for teams that don't qualify regardless of the tie breaker.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: