Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > National Football Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-01-11, 08:12 AM
All World

noonereal is on a distinguished road
2011 Preseason poll released St Ed's # 9

x #19

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article...494a4ac&page=6
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-11, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Surprised by that ranking given we are replacing our entire offensive and defensive backfields.
Old 06-01-11, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

6AFOOTBALL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Don't show Woody this article, he may not want to see that Prattville is in the top 10 already pre-season with a top 5 matchup in STA in week 1.....
Old 06-01-11, 04:15 PM
Varsity

splitbackveer83 is on a distinguished road
Old 06-02-11, 11:59 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglePride01 View Post
Surprised by that ranking given we are replacing our entire offensive and defensive backfields.
They're probably trying to guard against totally missing the boat like they did last year.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/4zCU9mq...contenders.htm

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/-b7ZWmx...ntinued%29.htm
Old 08-10-11, 03:42 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6AFOOTBALL View Post
Don't show Woody this article, he may not want to see that Prattville is in the top 10 already pre-season with a top 5 matchup in STA in week 1.....
I may have spoken too soon. He really doesn't need to look at the rivals high rankings...... What ever will he do?? #1?
Old 08-13-11, 03:52 PM
homesick

WoodyHayes is on a distinguished road
Does Not Matter

Quote:
I may have spoken too soon. He really doesn't need to look at the rivals high rankings...... What ever will he do?? #1?
After STA rolls the Lions it will be a moot point.
Old 08-17-11, 09:36 AM
All American

bball32
Looks like De LaSalle is finally back in the national title picture.
Old 08-25-11, 02:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyHayes View Post
After STA rolls the Lions it will be a moot point.
I understand your disbelief towards the Prattville program, considering you just want to rag on someone for living in the state of Alabama, but perhaps you should look beyond your ignorance for what this game will be on Saturday.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255488

Prattville has a good shot of losing this game, I agree, but they have a better shot of winning it. Especially considering the defense they bring to the table.

Justin Shanks (FSU) 6'4 320 DT
Caleb Gulledge (UA) 6'5 285 DE
Laronji Vason (WF) 5'10 170 DB
De'Ante Lawrence 6'1 195 ATH (LB)
Jay Minor (USA) 6'2 240 LB
Terrance Jones (USA) 6'2 275 DT

My favorite however is the 6'7 345lb SOPHOMORE who will more than likely serve as anchor on goal line situations this year in Darryl Cosby.

But hey, I guess being a fan of tOSU, you probably have a lot to hate on huh.
Old 09-02-11, 09:27 PM
All American

slammer20 is on a distinguished road
Lakewood St. Edward 47
PGH Penn Hills 6
Old 09-26-11, 08:00 AM
All Yappi

CaRdsForLife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I understand your disbelief towards the Prattville program, considering you just want to rag on someone for living in the state of Alabama, but perhaps you should look beyond your ignorance for what this game will be on Saturday.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1255488

Prattville has a good shot of losing this game, I agree, but they have a better shot of winning it. Especially considering the defense they bring to the table.

Justin Shanks (FSU) 6'4 320 DT
Caleb Gulledge (UA) 6'5 285 DE
Laronji Vason (WF) 5'10 170 DB
De'Ante Lawrence 6'1 195 ATH (LB)
Jay Minor (USA) 6'2 240 LB
Terrance Jones (USA) 6'2 275 DT

My favorite however is the 6'7 345lb SOPHOMORE who will more than likely serve as anchor on goal line situations this year in Darryl Cosby.

But hey, I guess being a fan of tOSU, you probably have a lot to hate on huh.
3-2 on the season and now you see why there is so much disbelief in Pratville. I also saw them play St. X a few years back when X won 15-10 and they didnt impress me then and still dont. Heck, even Hoover even came up here a few years back when they had there TV show and lost to Colerain. Alabama football just isnt on par with the rest of high school football, sorry to tell ya.
Old 09-26-11, 08:09 AM
All Yappi

CaRdsForLife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball32 View Post
Looks like De LaSalle is finally back in the national title picture.
BTW I looked at the Prepnation National rankings today and they still have DLS in the top 12 after getting hammered by STA. I'm sorry but DLS should be out...Also, how do you have Eds at 17th? Really, they are playing one of the toughest schedules in the nation and ranked that low...I dont think so, they are a top 5 team. This Jamie guy is starting to lose his luster on the national ranking picture. He even picked Colerain to lose to Middletown this past week...Really? Every other national writer picked Colerain to win.
Old 09-26-11, 03:42 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRdsForLife View Post
BTW I looked at the Prepnation National rankings today and they still have DLS in the top 12 after getting hammered by STA. I'm sorry but DLS should be out...Also, how do you have Eds at 17th? Really, they are playing one of the toughest schedules in the nation and ranked that low...I dont think so, they are a top 5 team. This Jamie guy is starting to lose his luster on the national ranking picture. He even picked Colerain to lose to Middletown this past week...Really? Every other national writer picked Colerain to win.
I figured that STA would win easily. I agree that DLS should be out of the top 25, especially since one of their in-state wins was by the skin of their teeth, in addition to getting blown out by STA.

http://www.mercurynews.com/high-scho...ts/ci_18967886

My take on St. Edward's ranking is that PrepNation seems to have the same bias the other national media has for Florida & Texas football. They seem to have no problem ranking several Florida & Texas teams highly together, but they don't want to rank both Moeller and St. Edward very highly at the same time.
Old 09-26-11, 03:45 PM
All World

Fightingfor7crusader is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
I figured that STA would win easily. I agree that DLS should be out of the top 25, especially since one of their in-state wins was by the skin of their teeth, in addition to getting blown out by STA.

http://www.mercurynews.com/high-scho...ts/ci_18967886

My take on St. Edward's ranking is that PrepNation seems to have the same bias the other national media has for Florida & Texas football. They seem to have no problem ranking several Florida & Texas teams highly together, but they don't want to rank both Moeller and St. Edward very highly at the same time.
Speaking of which in ESPNs regional rankings to start the season Louisville Trinity was considered a MW team but now that Trinity appears to be National Top 5 ESPN placed them in their SE regional rankings. Bias or not bias you decide. (The location of Louisville makes it debatable whether it's MW or SE)
Old 09-26-11, 03:55 PM
Cooling Off

twbb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
3-2 on the season and now you see why there is so much disbelief in Pratville. I also saw them play St. X a few years back when X won 15-10 and they didnt impress me then and still dont. Heck, even Hoover even came up here a few years back when they had there TV show and lost to Colerain. Alabama football just isnt on par with the rest of high school football, sorry to tell ya.
Have any of those kids from those Hoover teams gone anywhere to do anything?
Old 09-28-11, 12:17 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Prattville got the hype they had because of the Coach who left after the 2007 season. Bill Clark.

I can all but guarantee that if he had the talent this team has, Prattville would be sitting at 5-0 right now and still hold their #1 ranking.

There is no reason a team with as much talent as they have is sitting at 3-2. I wouldn't beat your chest about Colerain beating the WORST Hoover team in a decade by 3 points. they didn't even make it past the 3rd round of the AL 6A playoffs that year, and didn't colerain finish with their only loss of the season to the #1 ranked X? Yea, I wouldn't call Alabama football that bad chief, especially considering that STA team who just ROLLED DLS, snuck out of Alabama with a W. Although it was clear on that day also, horrible coaching lost the game for Prattville, while executing on prattville's mistakes won it for STA.

It is amazing how Alabama football is subpar, yet the last two national championship teams at the NCAA level are loaded with that very same talent huh? Not to mention one of the top 5 rated passers in the NFL being from Alabama. Yeah, you're so right. Bama just isn't on par huh

BTW, 2006 was the last year of MTV's Two-A-Days. When Prattville beat Hoover 35-21 in the state championship, that ended the series.

Last edited by 6AFOOTBALL; 09-28-11 at 06:24 AM..
Old 09-28-11, 12:19 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by twbb View Post
Have any of those kids from those Hoover teams gone anywhere to do anything?
Chad Jackson was playing for the Patriots, he has since been cut.

Ross Wilson plays minor league baseball now. His brother, John Parker Wilson is now on the ATL Falcons roster.

Josh Chapman, Will Lowery and Kerry Murphy play for the Crimson Tide. (Murphy suffered a season ending injury this year, could be career ending)

Jaylon Denson is on the Auburn Roster, along with a ton of kids sprinkled around the rest of the SEC and I believe Patt Miller (DB) at WVU.

They are doing pretty well,

Last edited by 6AFOOTBALL; 09-28-11 at 06:29 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: