Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-31-17, 10:02 PM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Federal league and The A A C

Could we see a partial merger between the Federal League and the A A C. This would make sense and have a tier system as well as bring on Massillon and Louisville. Louisville has already scheduled to Play Massillon in the future and they want to play Massillon.

This is kinda looking like McKinley is giving Warren G. Harding a chance to possibly help get them in the Federal league as the A A C is no more than 2 years from disbandonment. To start off with a 2 tier with the future having 4 as time goes it could be modeled after the OCC. The OCC is and has been very successful with a 32 school format setup with tiers.

Proposed as follows.

Tier 1. Canton McKinley
Canton Glen-Oak
Massillon Washington
Warren G. Harding
Louisville
Austintown Fitch

Tier 2 Massillon Jackson
Massillon Perry
North Canton Hoover
Uniontown Lake
Boardman
Green
Tiers 3 & 4 TBD. In the future most likely D 2 and D 3 schools.

Schools would also have freedom to do crossover play of choice

Possible Schools for future: Hudson, Stow, Canton South, Aurora, Alliance, Wadsworth
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-17, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Looks good but would Louisville want to be in that tier
Old 07-31-17, 10:30 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't hold your breath on anything remotely close to this happening.
Old 07-31-17, 10:36 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Louisville would be the smallest school in that 2nd tier.
Old 07-31-17, 10:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Yes they would a few of the Admin. Of Louisville are good friends that I went to school with and they feel very confident with this format. They would prefer this to happen. They would join in a heartbeat with this format
Old 07-31-17, 11:19 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
But could they even be remotely successful?
Old 08-01-17, 04:11 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
I love Stark/Mahoning matchups, but it's not happening. It was tried and it failed. You're basically asking the school districts to throw thousands of dollars down the toilet in the form of gas money and reduced ticket proceeds. Massillon might get added one day for the $$$, though.

They're not adding Louisville. The application was withdrawn. They're a great program but the school is too small now. They would be hard pressed to compete in the Federal League the way it is currently, much less in a hypothetical Tier 1 where they would be 0-5 most years.
Old 08-01-17, 07:11 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
Yes they would a few of the Admin. Of Louisville are good friends that I went to school with and they feel very confident with this format. They would prefer this to happen. They would join in a heartbeat with this format
Son you don't have the right friends in Louisville. I guarantee that.
Old 08-01-17, 07:20 AM
All District

Bandit22 is on a distinguished road
Not buying it
Not buying that it's even on the table
Not buying Louisville anyone is considering that
You are getting bogus info
Old 08-01-17, 08:06 AM
All World

bluesteel4 is on a distinguished road
In most seasons Louisville wouldn't win a game in that tier. What would be the advantage for them?
Old 08-01-17, 08:46 AM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I love Stark/Mahoning matchups, but it's not happening. It was tried and it failed. You're basically asking the school districts to throw thousands of dollars down the toilet in the form of gas money and reduced ticket proceeds. Massillon might get added one day for the $$$, though.

They're not adding Louisville. The application was withdrawn. They're a great program but the school is too small now. They would be hard pressed to compete in the Federal League the way it is currently, much less in a hypothetical Tier 1 where they would be 0-5 most years.
+1 We don't have to take an hours drive to find great competition in any sport , boys or girls, and if you want to beef up your schedule you have 4 OOC games. That league would make for some great match ups but I can't see any FED fans that would want it.
Old 08-01-17, 09:16 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Love that the perception of Louisville is that they are some monster school, but reality is we are a D3 football school and now D2 in all other sports. The town is getting smaller not bigger, and word is at least 50+ students transfered or left following our eventful school year last year. No way in He** any admin worth anything at all would put us in that league.
Old 08-01-17, 09:30 AM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Could we see a partial merger between the Federal League and the A A C. This would make sense and have a tier system as well as bring on Massillon and Louisville. Louisville has already scheduled to Play Massillon in the future and they want to play Massillon.

This is kinda looking like McKinley is giving Warren G. Harding a chance to possibly help get them in the Federal league as the A A C is no more than 2 years from disbandonment. To start off with a 2 tier with the future having 4 as time goes it could be modeled after the OCC. The OCC is and has been very successful with a 32 school format setup with tiers.

Proposed as follows.

Tier 1. Canton McKinley
Canton Glen-Oak
Massillon Washington
Warren G. Harding
Louisville
Austintown Fitch

Tier 2 Massillon Jackson
Massillon Perry
North Canton Hoover
Uniontown Lake
Boardman
Green

Possible Schools for future: Hudson, Stow, Canton South, Aurora, Alliance, Wadsworth
Warren Harding had a chance to get in the league awhile back. They played the Fed to get the AAC idea up. Bridges were burned with the Fed and some of those individuals are still around. Your idea is just a lovely post for people to read.
Old 08-01-17, 10:36 AM
All District

So sayth the shepherd ^^^^^^^^^

The fed stands in a good spot. 7 schools - little travel - have two schools that are close they could possibly add. What advantage exists for the league to change? - Louisville has picked and choosed which fed schools they want to play Indy schedule - aac schools are losing the bottom out of their league - wgh fitch and board man balked at last fed expansion - no expansion in the works at this time was last quote by commish - random notes derived from the facts of the matter
Old 08-01-17, 11:39 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Proposed as follows.

Tier 1. Canton McKinley
Canton Glen-Oak
Massillon Washington
Warren G. Harding
Louisville
Austintown Fitch

Tier 2 Massillon Jackson
Massillon Perry
North Canton Hoover
Uniontown Lake
Boardman
Green

No thanks.
Old 08-01-17, 12:39 PM
All World

Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Can't see this happening. Pipe dream.
Old 08-01-17, 03:22 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Fitch screwed Boardman over IMO when they left the league. After that happened, the league went to 2x round robin as opposed to the 1x plus tournament format that most sports had. That made Boardman's travel much greater.
Old 08-01-17, 04:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Fitch screwed Boardman over IMO when they left the league. After that happened, the league went to 2x round robin as opposed to the 1x plus tournament format that most sports had. That made Boardman's travel much greater.
There was definitely no way for Boardman to stay after Fitch left. But I still think the only way both remain is if gas stays 99c/gallon forever and interest in prep football remains at its mid-2000s high point. Totally different era. Attendance was much much higher. If I recall correctly the Fed was even looking at expanding further and had considered some teams to the north of Akron.

As fun as it is to speculate about these ideas, the ship sailed 10 years ago. I don't see them happening for a long time, if ever, for a lot of reasons.
Old 08-01-17, 10:06 PM
All Region

goshengophers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Proposed as follows.

Tier 1. Canton McKinley
Canton Glen-Oak
Massillon Washington
Warren G. Harding
Louisville
Austintown Fitch

Tier 2 Massillon Jackson
Massillon Perry
North Canton Hoover
Uniontown Lake
Boardman
Green

Old 08-02-17, 05:38 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
I see in the foreseeable future, Canfield and Louisville will be in a league together. Similar towns, similar schools, and now similar situations with league dispora..and they play each other.
Old 08-03-17, 06:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post

Ok I understand about the money but you are forgetting you get what you pay for. I understand that Jackson spent over 15,000 for the trip to Florida to play at the ESPN Disney classic of witch I got to watch. This was double talk as they complained about going to Fitch and Boardman and they went to Florida.

Some don't like the travel and some do and they the Administrators realize that they could have done things different. The Federal league is going to be facing some leagl hurdles if they don't change. I am not at liberty to talk about however I will say this that if it would go to court. One school will leave I'm not at liberty to say either. I will say I have a family member who is an Attorney who has shared this information with me.

Change is a must for survival
Old 08-03-17, 06:33 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
One difference, band trips (at least at Boardman, I'm sure Jackson is the same) is largely funded by the students and band boosters. That being said, I don't think a few extra trips to Mahoning County break the budget. It was worse for Boardman and Fitch.
Old 08-03-17, 07:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Ok I understand about the money but you are forgetting you get what you pay for. I understand that Jackson spent over 15,000 for the trip to Florida to play at the ESPN Disney classic of witch I got to watch. This was double talk as they complained about going to Fitch and Boardman and they went to Florida.

Some don't like the travel and some do and they the Administrators realize that they could have done things different. The Federal league is going to be facing some leagl hurdles if they don't change. I am not at liberty to talk about however I will say this that if it would go to court. One school will leave I'm not at liberty to say either. I will say I have a family member who is an Attorney who has shared this information with me.

I get what you're saying about the Florida trip. I think Jackson is lucky in that they get more money for basketball then most schools do. But I guess what it comes down to is do you spend one big amount of money on a game that gets you national exposure for your best team (basketball), or do you bleed money a little bit at a time for soccer, golf, softball, etc. driving back and forth to Youngstown. And yeah I get that it's not going to bankrupt the school districts, but at a place like Jackson, I guarantee the parents who have kids in the non-FB/Bball sports were pitching fits constantly about the drive.

I think if you were suggesting a football-only league it could be more workable. Even then, Jackson, GlenOak, and McKinley do not travel well. Never have. So it's bad for the Y-town teams in that respect.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, here's my fantasy league:

North Canton Hoover
Massillon Jackson
Massillon Perry
Uniontown Lake
Hudson
Canton GlenOak

Massillon Washington
Canton McKinley
Stow
Austintown Fitch
Youngstown Boardman
Warren G. Harding

Two crossover games for each team. That still leaves 3 out-of-league games, so the second grouping of teams can schedule locally. Hudson is kind of the outlier, but I put them instead of Green because the first group would have been too weak otherwise.
Old 08-03-17, 07:21 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Can you explain why the Fed has to change for survival? There would only be one school that would want to go to court and they have said they don't want in. Since you have already said half of what you want to say....how does liberty stop a post on a forum site that people use anonymous names?

Last edited by Bluestreakoffice; 08-03-17 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-03-17, 08:24 PM
All World

SteelValley
Best case for a big school mahoning valley league would be:

Boardman
Harding
Fitch
Howland
Canfield

If it were up to me the league would also include Mooney and Ursuline to those 5. But a few of the above schools would never agree to them being included.

From Boardman's perspective with that proposed league of 5 it would give them 4 league games, they can continue to schedule ursuline, mooney, Jackson and big red - who they all have pretty long relationships with. Just leaving 2 open spots to fill each year.
Old 08-03-17, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
lol , dream on guys.
Old 08-03-17, 09:54 PM
All American

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Best case for a big school mahoning valley league would be:

Boardman
Harding
Fitch
Howland
Canfield

If it were up to me the league would also include Mooney and Ursuline to those 5. But a few of the above schools would never agree to them being included.

From Boardman's perspective with that proposed league of 5 it would give them 4 league games, they can continue to schedule ursuline, mooney, Jackson and big red - who they all have pretty long relationships with. Just leaving 2 open spots to fill each year.
Canfield would never consider such a league, probably Howland too.
Fitch usually has well over twice as many boys as Canfield, while Boardman and Harding are usually right around twice as big. Without Canfield though, you might be able to make a league and toss in Cardinal Mooney and Ursuline, as they would have been the main school opposed.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-17, 07:27 AM
All District

There have affiliations and games in the past. The fed schools really don't need any schools to the east, keep trying to create the idea there is going to be a mega merge lol not going to happen - foolishness
Old 08-04-17, 09:00 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Aron Rodgers quote, R-E-L-A-X, this is just hypothetical, guys are just talking on a forum. Giving some scenarios and talking. Nobody thinks anything is in the talks or is gonna happen, wow.
Old 08-04-17, 09:11 AM
All District

Well hypothetically - if schools were willing to separate conference affiliation - that would be ideal

Group country club sports for leagues - a football only conference would allow flexibility for affiliations and not hold a school to travel all their sports long distances.

Mahoning summit and stark could have several scenarios and as always the old school folks are going to want a mck mass wgh board man fitch glen oak group - and it would be great!

I read the start as claim there are discussions.