Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-18, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Q. How many Tigers fans does it take to grasp the concept that not all high school transfers are the same?

A. Some number greater than 6 cause that's how many are here now showing they know nothing about the rules of the OHSAA and crying for Lee Plakas to come help them out.
Old 09-24-18, 12:05 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I've asked the same question. Who's coming forth with the information. I'd love to see it.
Did Jesse Scott play football at Massillon ?
Old 09-24-18, 12:30 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Q. How many Tigers fans does it take to grasp the concept that not all high school transfers are the same?

A. Some number greater than 6 cause that's how many are here now showing they know nothing about the rules of the OHSAA and crying for Lee Plakas to come help them out.
Q. How many gaf? Zero. Worry about chit don't stink Jackson and quit polluting every gd thread with your repetitive bs. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-18, 12:43 PM
All American

Quote:

Then why do the OHSSA laws say differently which was already shown to you on this thread.
Old 09-24-18, 12:47 PM
All American

Quote:

Has #78 on Jackson went to school in the Jackson district his whole life ???
Old 09-24-18, 01:00 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Did Jesse Scott play football at Massillon ?
I usually keep my mouth shut on this garbage, but this one hits too close to home.

It was publicized within the Perry community from the family that someone from Massillon pursued Scott. The family reported it to Wakefield, but Wakefield wasn't going to do anything about it unless the family insisted and they apparently did. It goes into the courts and suddenly Wakefield ends up with the egg on his face because witnesses in testimony changed their story. That's why on Go Tigers! (my favorite ending to a movie ever.) Wake says to the documentary director, "We believe we were right, in fact I know we were right."

In this case, Lawyers have given Massillon folks the ability to say, "you can't prove that." And I suppose they're right from the perspective of the court. But when Wakefield says there's "a lot going on" or "I know we were right," I'll trust him over a Massillon person saying "you can't prove that," all-day.

Say what you want about him, but for a guy who is known for not shooting the bull, Wakefield was pretty resolute in that situation. I enjoy Massillon's tradition and community backing and the kids that play the game each season, but for the innocence-related reasons only... there's a side of Massillon Football that is innocence-lost and that's the part of the program I believe that people respond to when people throw shade at Massillon.

For the kids that choose to go there, go... Fine with me. If there's more to it than that, then the constant sirens that drive all of us insane on message boards like this are well-deserved.
Old 09-24-18, 01:24 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
perry1480 that is some good stuff...

Fyi - Me (Shadow well traveled) was at the Official Premier at the Lincoln Theatre for the Blockbuster GO TIGERS!... As I found it a little disturbing but entertaining, I have to admit that I also agree with perry1480 that the ending was the Best Part!

But that was then and this is now - Massillon Tigers win State this year!

Count it!
Old 09-24-18, 01:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
I usually keep my mouth shut on this garbage, but this one hits too close to home.

It was publicized within the Perry community from the family that someone from Massillon pursued Scott. The family reported it to Wakefield, but Wakefield wasn't going to do anything about it unless the family insisted and they apparently did. It goes into the courts and suddenly Wakefield ends up with the egg on his face because witnesses in testimony changed their story. That's why on Go Tigers! (my favorite ending to a movie ever.) Wake says to the documentary director, "We believe we were right, in fact I know we were right."

In this case, Lawyers have given Massillon folks the ability to say, "you can't prove that." And I suppose they're right from the perspective of the court. But when Wakefield says there's "a lot going on" or "I know we were right," I'll trust him over a Massillon person saying "you can't prove that," all-day.

Say what you want about him, but for a guy who is known for not shooting the bull, Wakefield was pretty resolute in that situation. I enjoy Massillon's tradition and community backing and the kids that play the game each season, but for the innocence-related reasons only... there's a side of Massillon Football that is innocence-lost and that's the part of the program I believe that people respond to when people throw shade at Massillon.

For the kids that choose to go there, go... Fine with me. If there's more to it than that, then the constant sirens that drive all of us insane on message boards like this are well-deserved.
Very well said.
Old 09-24-18, 01:28 PM
All World

Top 5

Massillon
Perry
McKinley
Old 09-24-18, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

That's cool after all he's your coach. You trust the wack job who twice applied for the hc job and runs his mouth about everyone and everything and is "widely known for shooting the bull" and I'll trust facts and evidence. It's all good.

Family reported it Wakefield...he resisted...but the family insisted. LOL. Funniest thing I read on the internet today thanks. I guess the Deep State got to them.
Old 09-24-18, 01:33 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
perry1480 that is some good stuff...

Fyi - Me (Shadow well traveled) was at the Official Premier at the Lincoln Theatre for the Blockbuster GO TIGERS!... As I found it a little disturbing but entertaining, I have to admit that I also agree with perry1480 that the ending was the Best Part!

But that was then and this is now - Massillon Tigers win State this year!

Count it!

The GO TIGERS "movie" was produced by a Jackson Township native. FYI!! Several people didn't appreciate the disturbing parts.
Old 09-24-18, 01:37 PM
All Yappi

Cut him some slack Maxie. You must understand there is NO drinking or sex at catholic schools!
Old 09-24-18, 01:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
The GO TIGERS "movie" was produced by a Jackson Township native. FYI!!
More of the usual drivel.

Those Jackson people are out to get us.

The OHSAA is out to get us.

Scalzo is from Lake, he's out to get us.

The movie industry is out to get us.

Wakefield is out to get us.

Todd Porter turned on us and is out to get us.

The Federal League is out to get us.

Ad nauseam...........
Old 09-24-18, 01:46 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So your saying the SCOTT family reported this to Wakefield? And the SCOTT family insisted he report it to the state. Is that what your saying?
Old 09-24-18, 01:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
The GO TIGERS "movie" was produced by a Jackson Township native. FYI!! Several people didn't appreciate the disturbing parts.
Believe me No school is without sin and Mass/McK have always been targets since the beginning of time - that is what happens when you Lead the State in high school football wins and ARE the Foundation of Stark County High School Football!

Note to self - Somehow get somebody to do a Documentary of Canton McKinley Bulldogs from the beginning - that is a Great Story too!
Old 09-24-18, 02:48 PM
All American

Quote:

Wakefield was also resolute in his quote yesterday that “kids don’t come to Perry to play football” except in the story there were 2 examples of kids that did.
Please make the playoffs
Please make the playoffs...
Old 09-24-18, 03:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Wakefield was also resolute in his quote yesterday that “kids don’t come to Perry to play football” except in the story there were 2 examples of kids that did..
That and his best lineman the last couple years commuted from Carrollton everyday.
Old 09-24-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
That and his best lineman the last couple years commuted from Carrollton everyday.
And Mr. Ohio rb moved in from Youngstown. He wasn't a transfer either.

Btw I have ZERO problem with any of it, except the hypocrisy.
Old 09-24-18, 03:54 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post

My point exactly. I don't care who plays where. Seriously.
Old 09-24-18, 04:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post

Absolutely !!! Funny how mr Jackson still hasn’t answered the question about the GO kid on the Jackson roster.
The hypocrisy is ridiculous, there isn’t a school in that league that doesn’t have transfers or move ins. But you have to love the “well some transfers are different” reply. What a bunch of tools, especially the fat obsessed one.
Old 09-24-18, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Please make the playoffs
Please make the playoffs...
we agree on this.
Old 09-24-18, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
My point exactly. I don't care who plays where. Seriously.
I AGREE WITH THIS!!! Judas Priest!

Kid desires to play football somewhere other than hometown - Good.

Supporter/coach of a football program influences a kid from another community/football program to transfer - Not Good.

Do you disagree?
Old 09-24-18, 04:32 PM
All World

Quote:
I AGREE WITH THIS!!! Judas Priest!

Kid desires to play football somewhere other than hometown - Good.

Supporter/coach of a football program influences a kid from another community/football program to transfer - Not Good.

Do you disagree?
Rarely, if ever is it a coach. It's the one thing about Massillon that continues to bug the he!! out of me. People with their noses in the program that have no business being there. I also think I've made my opinion known of a certain aspect of the Booster Club.
Old 09-24-18, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
People with their noses in the program that have no business being there.
There's yer problem.
Old 09-24-18, 04:43 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Bring me the Pups and Panthers head on a platter and I'll be happy. Go Tigers!
Old 09-24-18, 04:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Rarely, if ever is it a coach. It's the one thing about Massillon that continues to bug the he!! out of me. People with their noses in the program that have no business being there. I also think I've made my opinion known of a certain aspect of the Booster Club.
This is the innocence-lost part I'm talking about.

I love Perry Football. If I'm not at a game, I'm checking scores all night, I'm checking in on Joe Eitel and Fantastic 50. I'm reading articles, I'm checking in here. If they lose, I'm bummed, if they miss the playoffs, I'm more bummed.

The two state title games were can't-misses. The 2016 game will haunt me perhaps like it will haunt the kids on that field that night.

I was so pumped when Perry got to play Ignatius. Always wanted them to play each other. My brain exploded when Perry was leading at the half last year.

I've just described the full extent of my support for the team.

Why is that different for a number of people in Massillon?
Old 09-24-18, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Rarely, if ever is it a coach.
You can't say "if ever." The last round of sanctions in 2016 was because of "several student-athletes who the OHSAA said in the release "were recruited to attend Massillon Washington by its head football coach, Nate Moore, along with other Massillon Washington assistant football coaches and boosters.""
Old 09-24-18, 04:54 PM
All World

Quote:
You can't say "if ever." The last round of sanctions in 2016 was because of "several student-athletes who the OHSAA said in the release "were recruited to attend Massillon Washington by its head football coach, Nate Moore, along with other Massillon Washington assistant football coaches and boosters.""
Can you please name any of these student athletes, And the coaches accused. Because the state never did. The Mumford case was separate.
Old 09-24-18, 04:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Can you please name any of these student athletes, And the coaches accused. Because the state never did. The Mumford case was separate.
No, of course he can't. Neither could the OHSAA. Guess that's why nothing came of it. Except Munford. Which I've documented my opinion of many times on here. I'm done with this tool.
Old 09-24-18, 05:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
To my knowledge Moore's name is the only one that the OHSAA divulged. Do you really think they were going to announce all the kids involved?

That $5000 fine wasn't for nothing.
Closed Thread